言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 368 369 370 ... 427 428 429
By Dodik 2023-03-31 08:06:09  
What development? The ship sailed on windower and addons 15 years ago.
[+]
By waffle 2023-03-31 08:31:55  
Looking over the interview, my interpretation is that the new zone is a battlefield for fighting the final boss of voracious resurgence. Sort of like the Reisenjima Sanctorium for Cloud of Darkness.
He definitely says that future Prime weapon updates are done through Sortie and apparently that they are adding more to Sortie.
And he also definitely says that the new Master Trials are a place to actually get to use Prime weapons and as a result, they are tuned to be more difficult than the old master trials.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2023-03-31 08:46:05  
I wonder if they'd add new aug sets like Reisenjima and Oseem with this final area
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-31 09:06:16  
Oh, you can be 100% certain there will be augments. That will be from item trading.

No better way to keep people going on a thing for multiple years, that's set in stone.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-31 10:12:18  
These April Fool's Day patch notes are straight gold XD
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-03-31 10:17:09  
waffle said: »
Looking over the interview, my interpretation is that the new zone is a battlefield for fighting the final boss of voracious resurgence. Sort of like the Reisenjima Sanctorium for Cloud of Darkness.
He definitely says that future Prime weapon updates are done through Sortie and apparently that they are adding more to Sortie.
And he also definitely says that the new Master Trials are a place to actually get to use Prime weapons and as a result, they are tuned to be more difficult than the old master trials.

This is what it sounds like, why only mention sortie when talking about the prime weapon upgrading if they were adding actual new battle content to farm, And again why talk about master trials being a place to actually get to use these new weapons if there was going to be some valhalla type battle content?

Everything points to the new map just being a new battlefield area for the final fight, perhaps something they'll turn into a master trial later.
By Starrman 2023-03-31 10:19:23  
Excited to try Courier when the servers come back up
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-31 10:21:23  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
These April Fool's Day patch notes are straight gold XD

found these in game so far, wonder if there's other stuff
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-31 10:23:33  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
found these in game so far, wonder if there's other stuff
I checked West Sarutabaruta and there's still Crawlers roaming around. I was sort of disappointed to see they didn't turn them off for today XD

EDIT: I also noticed that there's no 23rd job slot under "Change Job" or "Job Levels" :P
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-31 10:24:39  
I don't remember there ever being an April Fool's Day prank in FFXI. Is this the first time or did I miss it?
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-03-31 10:25:01  
new aegis is an upgrade
By Starrman 2023-03-31 10:29:43  
I don't remember there ever being an April Fool's Day prank in FFXI. Is this the first time or did I miss it?

I was thinking the exact same thing. I don’t remember one either.
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2023-03-31 10:31:20  
Seems like some random things from https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Seasonal_Events#Let's_Go!_Vana'diel_Day! are active? So far I've seen Raminel running like a sabotender and the shattered home points. Anyone spot any other things active?
By Starrman 2023-03-31 10:38:56  
Nothing in monster rearing that I could find
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-03-31 10:53:24  
"Level 5 skillchains have been added.
* Performing these high-level skillchains will require a specific combination of skillchains followed by typing “nice skillchain bro” in /say."

Actually lol'd at this, apologies in advance to folks on Asura for my new ws macro.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-31 10:54:15  
Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
apologies in advance to folks on Asura for my new ws macro.
Too bad they didn't say /shout
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-03-31 11:05:40  
/s "nice skillchain bro" <wait1>
/sh "nice skillchain bro" <wait1>
/l "nice skillchain bro" <wait1>
/l2 "nice skillchain bro" <wait1>
/un "nice skillchain bro" <wait1>
/ae "nice skillchain bro"

UNLIMITED POWER
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-03-31 11:41:48  
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Seems like some random things from https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Seasonal_Events#Let's_Go!_Vana'diel_Day! are active? So far I've seen Raminel running like a sabotender and the shattered home points. Anyone spot any other things active?

The only things that are active are the "Known Issues".
 Valefor.Ophannus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2023-03-31 15:04:56  
What did they do to Zeid? I know he's bound in the shadowlord cutscene for the Rank 5 mission
By Dodik 2023-03-31 16:01:54  
Valefor.Ophannus said: »
What did they do to Zeid?

More a question what did Zeid do to himself..
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-03-31 19:23:30  
Manque said: »
Still, the server-wide “goal” or domain invasion-like experience might add something interesting. Never know.

I, delusionally, want them to revamp campaign and make keeping territories accessible important to content progression. I also want them to make AOE campaign WS available to every job. This becomes the new place to farm exemplar points.

Their execution of this would be catastrophically bad and I know in reality it would be a terrible idea.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-31 20:17:39  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I, delusionally, want them to revamp campaign and make keeping territories accessible important to content progression. I also want them to make AOE campaign WS available to every job. This becomes the new place to farm exemplar points.

Their execution of this would be catastrophically bad and I know in reality it would be a terrible idea.
Campaign is, on paper, the single coolest thing they ever added to the game. It gave something for every job and every craft at every level. Everyone could contribute, and it all felt very meaningful. Fighting alongside big armies always felt really fun.

The problems were how unbalanced it was, how awful "Offensive" battles felt just whacking away for 1 damage on a tower that doesn't even defend itself, and how quickly irrelevant it became. And in true FFXI fashion, it was (and still is) pretty confusing.

But someone could take the good ideas and probably quite easily polish the bad ones and turn it into a whole game in itself.

For other endgame content, you could even reduce the efficacy of mercing by tying rewards to participation and performance, similar to how Campaign Battles operate. You just need to solve the abuseable, spammable means to max out your rewards. That way you can't just pay someone else to do everything on your behalf.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-03-31 20:43:05  
I think the concept of Campaign was awesome also. Sadly I never got into it because you had to wait for the battle to start. Much like besieged, I never do besieged.

Devs could focus on smoothing out(download process/login process/meeble/everything/monstrosity etc) old events is my opinion on their best course of action with limited/none resources. (oh, it actually might be noone wants to work on the old code is the problem or they don't know how).

Also reducing sortie cooldown which is so dumb on so many levels. They are like, "its timegated by a rubix cube so sorry" when they could just make it a badass thing to do.
By Rinuko 2023-04-01 04:48:45  
Draylo said: »
I dont like it
Shocker :')
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-01 07:05:39  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »

But someone could take the good ideas and probably quite easily polish the bad ones and turn it into a whole game in itself.

For other endgame content, you could even reduce the efficacy of mercing by tying rewards to participation and performance, similar to how Campaign Battles operate. You just need to solve the abuseable, spammable means to max out your rewards. That way you can't just pay someone else to do everything on your behalf.

The good part about Campaign or Besieged being revamped for superior exemplar points farm is that the location and time window isn't static like traditional XP spots. You can't fire up a bot and sell 8 hours of xp like you can at the bird camp or ramp's tomb because the objective moves or isn't always there.

They just need to give large credit contributions for buffing and healing. You can even give an even bigger bonus to healing outside your party (npcs or pc). That way it's not just DPS going REEEEEE HEAL ME! And everyone else not caring because helping them wastes their time and gets them less than nothing.
(edit: im sure they would just bring their trusts, which are allowed in campaign.)
[+]
 Bahamut.Drumskull
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2023-04-01 11:31:23  
WAIT THE APRIL FOOLS UPDATE IS ACTUALLY IN THE GAME AS A JOKE LOL?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-04-01 14:24:37  
Bahamut.Drumskull said: »
WAIT THE APRIL FOOLS UPDATE IS ACTUALLY IN THE GAME AS A JOKE LOL?
Parts are and parts aren't. The biggest prank they pulled is they knew the FFXI playerbase and how we would extensively test to see what parts did and didn't make it into the game XD

They need to come back at us with statistics for how many players actually added "nice skillchain bro" to their weapon skill macros XD
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-04-02 09:43:02  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
I can’t believe anyone checked any of that nonsense at all. Lol
Man I would be sad if I was that gullible.
Players interact with Home Points all the time. It's immediately apparent that at least the "Oops, we broke all the Home Points" one is true.

So you check around looking for others, and quickly realize that they aren't all true. But then you see Raminel running around like mad, so you think maybe there are others that are true.

And because it's April Fool's, you don't know if you can believe what other people are saying they're seeing, so you just have to go check it out for yourself :P
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 368 369 370 ... 427 428 429