Job specific reforging slots

Boost +10 cape!!
 Asura.Nyarlko
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Nyarlko
By Asura.Nyarlko 2018-03-22 09:44:50  
POL said:
April brings along with it the monthly updates to Ambuscade, the addition of job-specific cape reforging slots, and the ability to trade multiple materials for reforging at once.
"Cape" is singular, when we know there is more than one cape. "Slots" being plural does not indicate multiple per cape. Reversing the sentence would stay the same: "the addition of a reforging slot to job-specific capes".

All we know at this point is that the new augment slot is defensively oriented, and that there is only one slot incoming. They called out a "Fifth Slot", not anything more than that.

Speculation time!: I don't think they're going to include actual PDT/MDT/DT in the new augment slot since that would be too overwhelming for any other options, plus those have the potential to be useless to already capped players.
I'm guessing the list will be: MDB, defense, status resist, elemental resist, and maybe stuff like regen or cure received. Maybe if they're feeling generous, stuff like shield block rate, parry rate, counter rate, etc. Oh, and pet stats too. :x
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-22 09:46:50  
Interested to see what "defensive slots" they choose:

DT/MDT/PDT (I highly doubt they'd give us DT-10 capes, probably the two latter)
HP
Occ. Annuls Dmg Taken
Occ. Absorbs Dmg Taken
Converst dmg. taken to MP
Magic Defense Bonus
Magic Evasion
Evasion
Defense
Counter
Shield Mastery
Parry
lolGUARD
Pet: DT
Pet: Magic Defense Bonus

edit: beaten, Nyarlko. My thoughts precisely
By tyalangan 2018-03-22 09:51:43  
Would they really include eva/meva/hp when they've already added those in two slots? I would agree with all the other options though.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-22 09:59:36  
Spell Interruption Rate- is also a possibility, as well as Shield Block Rate+ and Inquartata+ if they get daring.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-22 10:03:35  
They can. Don't forget they added Abdhaljis Dye recently, which includes some overlapping stats (which just combine to the previous).

When you compare, for instance, Ogma's Cape with max Tanking stats, it only gets 80HP. Moonlight cape gets 275HP + 6 DT. I don't mind the loss of DT on a back for my RUN, since it's easy to compensate for. But IMO, 80HP is quite low for a piece that doesn't offer DT. But the Inquartata is too good to pass up. If they added HP and not DT, that would be an interesting option, though Parry would be an amazing combination to it.

Just a thought.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-22 10:05:33  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Spell Interruption Rate- is also a possibility, as well as Shield Block Rate+ and Inquartata+ if they get daring.

I missed SIRD, that's a good one. They might even do something unique, like "Protect+" "Shell+", or even "Enhancing Duration+". Highly doubt they dabble into things that specific. Especially Inquartata. That JT is too good to just throw around.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-22 10:19:26  
They left out the stuff we already got, since Evasion is already a path from Dust.
By Nyarlko 2018-03-22 10:25:02  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I missed SIRD, that's a good one. They might even do something unique, like "Protect+" "Shell+", or even "Enhancing Duration+". Highly doubt they dabble into things that specific. Especially Inquartata. That JT is too good to just throw around.

Forget interruption rate too. lol Inquartata is just parry rate so could be doable. "Protect+" and "Shell+" are equivalent to conditional "Defense+" and "MDT-", which don't seem like good choices to me. "Enhancing duration+" wouldn't really count as a "defense oriented" type stat IMO..

I've got a feeling that this will just be simple low-impact stuff like resists and defense, and they'll leave out most of the fancier stuff. But!

Some more maybes lol:
Enemy critical hit rate-
Stoneskin+
Phalanx+
Refresh+ (hey, it's totally defense oriented for a Mana Wall BLM and I'm already forced to wear the cape during it anyway.. <,<)

They left out the stuff we already got, since Evasion is already a path from Dust.

Thank you, and yes, I intentionally excluded existing augments. IMO, it's possible they might double up, but just doesn't feel like it'd be worth the devtime required for this in that case.
By clearlyamule 2018-03-22 10:29:20  
Immunity to a single debuff with an option for every debuff!
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-22 10:34:01  
Nyarlko said: »

Forget interruption rate too. lol Inquartata is just parry rate so could be doable. "Protect+" and "Shell+" are equivalent to conditional "Defense+" and "MDT-", which don't seem like good choices to me. "Enhancing duration+" wouldn't really count as a "defense oriented" type stat IMO..

I've got a feeling that this will just be simple low-impact stuff like resists and defense, and they'll leave out most of the fancier stuff. But!

Some more maybes lol:
Enemy critical hit rate-
Stoneskin+
Phalanx+
Refresh+ (hey, it's totally defense oriented for a Mana Wall BLM and I'm already forced to wear the cape during it anyway.. <,<)

Thank you, and yes, I intentionally excluded existing augments. IMO, it's possible they might double up, but just doesn't feel like it'd be worth the devtime required for this in that case.
I think you're underestimating the value of Inquatarta. It's not "just parrying." Inquatarta ignores mob level, building off your base parry rate even when you're below the floor parry skill wise. This makes it extremely powerful defensively. Inquatarta+5 = 10% of all incoming physical attacks prevented regardless of mob level.

That said, by all means, add Inquatarta Augments to ambuscade capes. I'll take it!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-22 10:35:01  
Tecnically we already have Evasion and Magic Evasion, don't we?
Altough we could get more from the 5th slot of course.
By Nyarlko 2018-03-22 10:35:04  
clearlyamule said: »
Immunity to a single debuff with an option for every debuff!

Immunity to Weakness {Yes, please.}
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-22 10:35:49  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Inquatarta+5 = 10% of all incoming physical attacks prevented regardless of mob level.
Inquartata is very valuable, no doubt, but this is not quite accurate since you do have to be engaged and facing the monster.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-22 10:40:57  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Inquatarta+5 = 10% of all incoming physical attacks prevented regardless of mob level.
Inquartata is very valuable, no doubt, but this is not quite accurate since you do have to be engaged and facing the monster.
These being 2 factors that are not generally a problem.

If you wanted an actual exception, then mention 1000 needles type or throat stab type attacks, since they are physical damage but not parryable.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-22 10:42:31  
I hope that if they add something for shields, that it's not block+. Give me an equivalent amount of shield skill instead. And by equivalent I mean about 5 skill for every block +1.

The thing here being that block rate + is added last in the block calculations. Whereas block rate gains from shield skill+ are part of the base calculation, and thus can benefit from reprisal. So block +1 is just block+1. But 5 shield skill would actually net you 1.5% block rate after reprisal(3% if using Priwen.)

I wouldn't mind shield mastery, or significant amounts of shield def. bonus either...
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-03-22 10:52:59  
I, for one, welcome our new Gilfinder +10 capes!
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-22 10:56:19  

If you wanted an actual exception, then mention 1000 needles type or throat stab type attacks, since they are physical damage but not parryable.
You sure Throat Stab can't be parried? It can certainly miss, unlike 1000 needles.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-22 11:07:10  

You sure Throat Stab can't be parried? It can certainly miss, unlike 1000 needles.
... You may have a point there. I think I'm still too much in the shield mindset. It can't be shield blocked. But if it can miss, and I do seem to recall that being possible, then it's most likely parry-able.

I will retract the throatstab portion of that statement.

But I still think it's silly to be nitpicking on Inquatarta about the conditions under which it functions. It's kinda like saying, "Epeolatry reduces physical damage taken", then someone saying "Only when you're wearing it."

About the only time the frontal requirements are an issue is when cleaving in Reisenjima/Henge where you can't line mobs up worth a damn cause they walk through the trees lining the area. Engaging is an issue on.. what? Erinys?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-22 11:15:47  
If not for parry, I wouldn't engage anything serious while tanking on RUN. The TP feed is a negative. Facing something with a gaze means one more thing to juggle. Not huge, but something.

I'm not saying inquartata isn't amazing, but it's not comparable to an equivalent amount of PDT. It also doesn't reduce your death risk by the same amount. A move that does 160% of your max health will almost never kill you in 50% PDT, but will kill you half of the time in 50% guaranteed parry. Unless you can get to 100%, and I'm assuming it's hard capped at 90, it's reducing average damage taken not generally death risk.

Edit: Probably should mention that when solo it's downright amazing due to the increasing returns with the amounts available. When in a group, I feel you should be prioritizing death risk over mean damage taken. It doesn't matter if your WHM can go 20 seconds without healing you on a parry streak if a non-parry streak is potentially fatal.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-22 11:35:59  
If not for parry, I wouldn't engage anything serious while tanking on RUN. The TP feed is a negative. Facing something with a gaze means one more thing to juggle. Not huge, but something.

I'm not saying inquartata isn't amazing, but it's not comparable to an equivalent amount of PDT. It also doesn't reduce your death risk by the same amount. A move that does 160% of your max health will almost never kill you in 50% PDT, but will kill you half of the time in 50% guaranteed parry. Unless you can get to 100%, and I'm assuming it's hard capped at 90, it's reducing average damage taken not generally death risk.
I didn't say that there weren't downsides to having to engage and face the mob. But neither of these factors invalidate my initial statement.

I do agree on your second point. Stable damage reduction that's reliably applied rather than a chance to proc is better. It's one of the reasons that I always argued for Ochain over Priwen for PLDs, even though Priwen is technically more overall dmg reduction(at some mob levels, get high enough level and Priwen's advantage tanks)

Ochain has a higher block rate, and depending on the mob can even cap, giving a stable 66% dmg reduction, preventing the kinds of spike damage that typically kill you. Not that even Ochain can cap on high end stuff anymore. Anyway, sorry for the PLD pseudo-derail.
By Chyula 2018-03-22 11:56:55  
you know the new option is going to be BOOST+10 so that everyone will /mnk.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-03-22 12:16:24  
Increase omen body drop rate +10
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-22 12:23:54  

Edit: Probably should mention that when solo it's downright amazing due to the increasing returns with the amounts available. When in a group, I feel you should be prioritizing death risk over mean damage taken. It doesn't matter if your WHM can go 20 seconds without healing you on a parry streak if a non-parry streak is potentially fatal.
While all of this is true, Parry also has another advantage over DT; it can completely block status effects that are tied to physical WSs or auto-attacks. Plus, parries restore HP with the right gear on, which makes a significant difference on attacks that aren't going to oneshot you.

No one is saying to value Inquartata over DT in the majority of situations, just that it's very powerful as well.
By Nayr 2018-03-22 15:06:07  
Pet level + for BST pls
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 409 410 411