Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 278 279 280 ... 428 429 430
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-05-16 08:09:13  
SimonSes said: »
Well its obvious (just from context) translation error even without checking JP version, but I can already imagine several people bringing this up in 2023 and saying that SE promised us Empyrean WEAPONS upgrade!
I mean not even the same context lol they told us armor people know its armor. They didn't list two completely different things start adjustments then stop. I see what you did though don't worry lol.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-16 08:10:48  
I think the first step would have to be removing utsusemi from /nin, so they don't have to balance mob shadow stripping in the tiny niche of too much for pld/nin or run/nin but not too much for main job nin.

It'd be drastic, but I don't think SE is capable of hitting that sweet spot in mob design on purpose.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-16 08:11:02  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I'd rather see specific fights that need unique tools that NIN has rather than changing NIN to work anywhere.

I like this idea, but I think the bigger problem is that if you only need the tank to have shadows you just get RUN/NIN. They have tons of easy fast cast, aquaveil, battuta, not having san isn't a huge deal. If you need to trade hate and have shadows, you get 2 runs or run and pld or whatever. NIN doesn't really offer anything unique unless you're looking at a fight where you need all DPS to have easy access to excessive shadows, in which case it encourages multi-NIN and that's kind of icky too.

NIN is a very potent solo job with trusts though, and while endgamers don't think of that as part of the game, it's pretty cool that they can do 5/6 omen bosses(among other things) to a player who is primarily solo orientated.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-16 08:14:55  
It's also one of the strongest Lowman jobs that I've used in general. NIN lays waste in any content that doesn't resist magic damage while also having what I'd classify as an above average level of durability and lower than usual support requirements. You don't necessarily need any haste at all for a NIN, for example, and it's very easy to cap subtle blow as well (and Yurin more or less makes up for the lower SBII availability).

It's also my favorite job to use for segments if my healer is dual boxing or something.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-16 08:15:37  
Asura.Iamaman said: »
Yagyu Darkblade is more REMA than 90% of rema. It's totally gamebreaking for the job.

Is it? I keep hearing this, but I'm not entirely sure that I see it. Sure, the enmity gain is massive, so you can hold hate easily, but then what?

NIN isn't exactly positioned to tank a lot of endgame bosses because damage either wipes or bypasses shadows, at which point it's squishy even in full DT. There isn't a single t3 Odyssey NM I can think of that NIN could tank, for instance, and it could really only do a few of the t2/t1s. You can't really easily supertank either without some major changes to buffs (e.g. from the BRD), which would sacrifice group DPS. Even as a DPS in Sheol C, pulling large groups tends to mean a loss of shadows as a DD to AoE, making them entirely useless as a tank there. Since it has no ability to break the DT cap or mitigate damage the way a PLD or RUN could, it'd get eaten up quickly.

The utility is interesting, but it's offset by the enmity generation and the fact most jobs with shadows also /NIN for the sake of DW.

I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if this ends up being whatever NIN gets from the updated weapons. Aside from the novelty of it, without changes to the way shadows work, I only see it as being useful in very niche scenarios where a PLD or RUN could do just as well or better. I'd much rather see NIN weaponskills brought to the point we aren't depending on Naegling for physical damage when hybrids aren't an option.

Im not saying we should get that as Prime weapon, but what you have wrote is just not true. NIN isnt squishy. It has +240HP from trait and +250HP from Yonin and +150 from Fudo Masamune. Because of Enmity on Fudo Masamune, Yonin, Gekka, neck and cape you can fulltime full nyame and whatever accessories you need. Only magic attack wipes shadows AFAIK. There is still a lot of dangerous physical attacks that are blocked by shadows. You also have Migawari and shadow tanking + Yurin can lower TP feed by a lot.

NIN would be great for every fight with hate reset, because not only you have ridiculous hate generation (with just +100 enmity and whole party in range you can cap VE hate with 5 utsusemi casts and CE with 15 utsusemi casts, so basically you can cap from 0 in under a minute and if you decide to use more enmity in accessories or armor, because you are safe behind shadows/migawari, then it can be done even faster), but you also gives shadows to person who gets hate for a moment after reset.

NIN would be excellent for tanking in segments for example. Shadow tanking + evasion tanking + full nyame could easily let you supertank mobs and it would be super easy to cap haste, but even assuming you would lost it or someone would take hate before you cast utsusemi, that person would still have 3 shadows, which allows for much better dps builds and safety.

NIN could also IMO easily tank most A3 NMs. Arebati would probably require like 30 sec of Utsusemi spam with everyone in range before you could start DD, but thats it and I guess tanking Mboze could be problematic, because you kinda need specific jobs to defeat it.

Now imagine if Prime Weapon for NIN is something with PDT and/or MDTII, enmity and something more and you could use Yagyu in offhand with it :)
[+]
By Afania 2022-05-16 08:17:51  
Asura.Geriond said: »
I think the first step would have to be removing utsusemi from /nin,

No ;<

utsusemi mine ;<
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-05-16 08:18:45  
I think the first step would have to be removing utsusemi from /nin, so they don't have to balance mob shadow stripping in the tiny niche of too much for pld/nin or run/nin but not too much for main job nin.

It'd be drastic, but I don't think SE is capable of hitting that sweet spot in mob design on purpose.
I cant see them too much of anything to ninja or jobs what kinds have class problems at this point tbh. The shadow thing has been a problem for ninja since nin/drk and rdm/nin tanking days. Se clearly doesn't know what to do with the job at this point so its just give everything aoe so they don't have to try for balancing which is the easy way out.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-16 08:19:21  
How many shadows does it take to block the AoE physicals in T3 Gaol?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-16 08:23:20  
2 or 3. A couple of places I've thought about using nin in gaol weren't necessarily for tanking the main nm, but sub NMs. Like having the nin tank the Matamata on Kalunga while still being able to dps Kalunga himself. Positioning would suck but you could theoretically prevent the Mata from ever gaining tp and remove it from the fight altogether essentially while still being able to contribute dmg and not gambling on a potential dispel *** things over.

Also considered it for similar reasons on the bee, and positioning would be even easier there since the snapweed just single targets. Can use Tauret to contribute dmg and crits etc and if the nin somehow pulls hate despite innin and yain, migawari can eat the 1shots.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-16 08:24:34  
How many shadows does it take to block the AoE physicals in T3 Gaol?

I would guess up to 4 for Kalunga
1-3 for Ngai?

I wonder which attacks are blocked by Migawari too.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-16 08:27:01  
I'm not sure nin could tank Arebati reliably because of the incessant full dispel spam. I'm pretty sure a round of fetter hits would instantly kill a ninja even in 5/5 Nyame if carols got dispelled right before, and even with non-SV carols up it'd just take some unlucky non-resists at a bad time. You'd have to hope tbat aura gets taken down each time without it happening.

Even outside of aura, you'd still be taking huge damage. Even RUN takes a ton of magic damage in thst fight once dispels start getting spammed despite having undispellable runes and much higher base MEVA and MEVA in other slots (like Aettir and dynamis neck), and the healer also has to keep the Raaz's target alive. I could see some of the others being tanked by nin, but Arebati stretches my belief.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-16 08:37:25  
I'm not sure nin could tank Arebati reliably because of the incessant full dispel spam. I'm pretty sure a round of fetter hits would instantly kill a ninja if carols got dispelled right before, even in 5/5 Nyame, and even with non-SV carols up it'd just take some unlucky non-resists. You'd have to hope tbat aura gets taken down each time without it happening.

Even outside of aura, you'd still be taking huge damage. Even RUN takes a ton of magic damage in thst fight once dispels start getting spammed, and the healer also has to keep the Raaz's target alive. I could see some of the others being tanked by nin, but Arebati stretches my belief.

Our RUN even when dispelled was taking almost no damage from fetters still, unless he would try to change gear to enmity with much lower meva.

Also NIN would make proccing blue really easy imo. Equip Tauret for a second (make a macro to swap 2nd weapon to reset TP and have Tauret always at +50% crit rate), crit cape and accessories and you would probably proc it before fetters would even show up.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-16 08:41:55  
and the healer also has to keep the Raaz's target alive. I could see some of the others being tanked by nin, but Arebati stretches my belief.

Strategy we used for Arebati was SV Minne V on everyone (more minnes on BRD and SCH) and Indi-Barrier. With SCH Regen V + Embrava on everyone and Elegy on Raaz (and occasional shadowbinds), that pig is not an issue and can run and hit whoever it wants :)

This strategy also lets you get all the best DPS buffs. We had like 4-6 min left on V20.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-16 08:46:22  
I was taking about 200 per fetter hit and upwards of 1000+ from TP moves in almost maximum MEVA when carols were down (Aettir, +2 neck, MEVA on back, engraved belt, 5/5 Nyame, 3 ice resist runes), and a nin would likely have 200-300 less MEVA between those and not having run's meva gifts.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-16 08:54:17  
I was taking about 200 per fetter hit and upwards of 1000+ from some TP moves in almost maximum MEVA when carols were down (Aettir, +2 neck, MEVA on back, engraved belt, 5/5 Nyame, 3 ice resist runes), and a nin would likely have 200-300 less MEVA between those and not having run's meva gifts.

This is kinda strange. We had PLD tanking it last time and he was fine too in full Sakpata. He only started getting damage when he wanted to change equip for cure set.

Also there is like no reason for Carols to be down. BRD has literally nothing to do in this fight beside keeping songs on tank, unless you want to try to go in with brd with tauret to proc aura, but I wouldn't (I made full crit hit set for that, but the AoEs are just too nasty and always hit you in worst moment XD), especially if you would have NIN doing it.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-16 08:58:45  
When dispels are happening every 20-30 seconds even the BRD can fall behind sometimes, especially with them also having to keep marches up. He can WS twice in a row at low HP, so if he follows up Dispel with a damage move or aura is up, you aren't always going to have even 1 carol up.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-16 09:13:09  
Idk unless BRD is multiboxed I can't believe you can't keep carol up all the time if you are focused on it (once again you are doing nothing else beside keeping your fingers on macro to sing the song lol). I wouldn't sing marches before carol too. Also like I said we had few fights where I experimented with doing stuff on BRD and wasn't able to resing songs and our PLD was fine. Tank also have embrava and Regen v and sch is almost completely free to do whatever he wants, so can even spam cure tank if that's required for some strange reason.
[+]
By Banhammer 2022-05-16 09:33:55  
The big 20th anniversary announcement was to continue to wait lol. How many years have they had? For the past 3 years at least they've been hyping the 20th anniversary and we got a Chocobo reskin and told to wait more hahahahahaha. There are people running private servers more productive than this.

The cultists will defend it. What a joke.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-16 09:43:06  
Idk unless BRD is multiboxed I can't believe you can't keep carol up all the time if you are focused on it (once again you are doing nothing else beside keeping your fingers on macro to sing the song lol). I wouldn't sing marches before carol too. Also like I said we had few fights where I experimented with doing stuff on BRD and wasn't able to resing songs and our PLD was fine. Tank also have embrava and Regen v and sch is almost completely free to do whatever he wants, so can even spam cure tank if that's required for some strange reason.

I'd wager if the BRD is having issues, its like you said and they're prioritizing Marches over Carols...which if they have Embrava should only be 1 march, or if bringing a RDM giving haste2 should also only be 1 march, pushing the need for "MARCH NOW!" to absolute back of the bus.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2022-05-16 09:49:28  
You can get the Adenium Pot (Moglification: Resist Death) from the free to take chest in starting town.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-16 10:14:38  
Wait for what exactly? They are just releasing stuff regularly. Odyssey was last, we are mid TVR which already is bigger then mini add-ons we paid for years ago. Empyreans +2 are coming in month or two. We have old style leveling grind for people wanting that experience. We have new battlefield coming with new rema weapons. Not sure what you expected (realistically)? Remake? Remaster? Too bad for you. I only expected the game I enjoy to get more of the same and I'm getting that it seems. I would say to you, that you should probably stop playing if you haven't been enjoying this game for last years, but something tells me that you haven't been playing for years and you just comes here to cry.
[+]
By Musashi232 2022-05-16 11:08:11  
Wait for what exactly? They are just releasing stuff regularly. Odyssey was last, we are mid TVR which already is bigger then mini add-ons we paid for years ago. Empyreans +2 are coming in month or two. We have old style leveling grind for people wanting that experience. We have new battlefield coming with new rema weapons. Not sure what you expected (realistically)? Remake? Remaster? Too bad for you. I only expected the game I enjoy to get more of the same and I'm getting that it seems. I would say to you, that you should probably stop playing if you haven't been enjoying this game for last years, but something tells me that you haven't been playing for years and you just comes here to cry.

easy new *** zones and models its not hard
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-05-16 12:06:46  
Musashi232 said: »
easy new *** zones and models its not hard

I like this guy
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-16 13:03:07  
I think some still believe SE is capable of a ToAU-styled release where the buildup results in servers go down, they come back up, and we all jaunt on a merry journey to a new continent about 80% in place the moment we put our feet on dry land.

Yeah- it was one of my favorite moments in FFXI, the crowds waiting for that boat ride to Aht Urghan, all the speculation, and then a *** we didn't understand yet just waiting to be explored- complete with large chunks of endgame content technically available day one.

But a) SE can't manage that level of release at all once any more and b) why should they? The game doesn't justify that any more....how many times can it be said?

Amazing how in 1 page we can go from comments of "we're owed at least a timeline" to getting said timeline and complaints about that.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-05-16 13:14:52  
Pretty cool website they created

https://20yearsof.finalfantasyxi.com/gallery
[+]
By Draylo 2022-05-16 13:16:34  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I think some still believe SE is capable of a ToAU-styled release where the buildup results in servers go down, they come back up, and we all jaunt on a merry journey to a new continent about 80% in place the moment we put our feet on dry land.

Yeah- it was one of my favorite moments in FFXI, the crowds waiting for that boat ride to Aht Urghan, all the speculation, and then a *** we didn't understand yet just waiting to be explored- complete with large chunks of endgame content technically available day one.

But a) SE can't manage that level of release at all once any more and b) why should they? The game doesn't justify that any more....how many times can it be said?

Amazing how in 1 page we can go from comments of "we're owed at least a timeline" to getting said timeline and complaints about that.

Um what? How can't SE manage that level of release? This isn't some indie company lol. On your other point its fair, considering how old this game is, but they are making enough profit to justify doing a small one with reused assets like they did w/Adoulin.

People are so defeatist and willingly accept w/e SE gives them... imagine being happy over getting the absolute garbage we got with these "announcements." This game is still a numbered FF title and still brings them profit. Even moving towards removing POL or making this game more accessible would have been a better announcement. I can't count how many times I've seen so called Final Fantasy fans go thru every single game in the series for whatever video they are working on and they skip XI...
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-05-16 13:27:37  
Wouldn't say people are defeatist, we're just realistic. I sincerely feel bad for the people who were actually expecting something big out of the 20th. Not being realistic and expecting a giant announcement, only to get more of the same must have sucked.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-16 13:44:39  
Draylo said: »
Um what? How can't SE manage that level of release? This isn't some indie company lol. On your other point its fair, considering how old this game is, but they are making enough profit to justify doing a small one with reused assets like they did w/Adoulin.

People are so defeatist and willingly accept w/e SE gives them... imagine being happy over getting the absolute garbage we got with these "announcements." This game is still a numbered FF title and still brings them profit. Even moving towards removing POL or making this game more accessible would have been a better announcement. I can't count how many times I've seen so called Final Fantasy fans go thru every single game in the series for whatever video they are working on and they skip XI...
What are you talking about. They have just said they can't even justify paying one person to work full time lol If I understand this right they even considered to only switch to supporting only JP version. What you consider a profit is only enough in your eyes. Look at MobiusFF. There was several whales spending 10k$ a month and thousands of delphins spending 60$ per month and probably half of people buying at least one 60$ pack a year. You would think it's gigantic profit considering all they need to do is just add new cards and new cutscenes (running on game's engine, so nothing hard) and most new mobs and terrain was just recolor and changing details. How it ended? In *** void. Just profit is not enough. It needs to be big profit with potential in growing and making even more. They don't see any potential in for FFXI to grow. They only do enough for population not to shrink and if it will shrink, they will evaluate and probably do even less, because like I said they don't expect it to grow, so they won't do anything to try to get new players.

It's really time to stop pretending it's different, stop hyping yourself and move on or enjoy what we have.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-16 13:59:25  
SE is managed poorly and the resources they do have are poorly allocated. This means that you should not expect anything better than what they're currently doing. It doesn't mean you can't voice your frustrations about it.

I could singlehandedly run FFXI better than their entire 'team' right now. Part of the reason they have no growth potential and stagnant subscription numbers is because they've been running it into the ground for close to a decade. One fulltime developer solving issues as they arise and backing up content development so they aren't forced to use PS2 kits and scared to implement complex systems would have paid for themselves 5-fold in sub revenue.

It's too late now, so I understand the viewpoint that you shouldn't complain and should just take what you're given. Everyone still playing is clearly accustomed to receiving garbage and player loss will be slow because most are addicted. That doesn't mean it has to sit right with players, vocalizing frustration is natural.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 278 279 280 ... 428 429 430