I think you mean as a drop from AMAN.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-03-28 14:46:11  
Asura.Iamaman said: »
Are they going to allow you to obtain the 3 items for TVR 7-3 via mining? Seems like it'd be strange to mine any of that up, but I didn't see any indication that 7-4 required items to complete. Seems like it might be a way to work around the awful spawn/drop rate.

It's probably for the other mission... because why not have back to back fetch quests?
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2022-03-28 14:57:54  
Wonder if we'll get those bonanza-only weapons for Trove.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-03-28 15:09:06  
Odin.Senaki said: »
Wonder if we'll get those bonanza-only weapons for Trove.

I think they would sell it in update teaser, instead of talking about some niche gimmick items.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-03-28 19:05:05  
Wow so their big huge thing is only a month away? Not much excitement or big events leading up to it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-28 19:09:25  
Idk why, every single time I read about their Anniversary event, I feel even more underwhelmed. They keep talking about "events and festivities", but don't hear about anything battle content or update related. I'm all for a celebration, but hopefully the 20 yr anniversary "thing" is actually something tangible instead of one big gigantic gacha "happy 20th" finesse
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-28 19:12:38  
I mean...... expect nothing so you can't be (as) disappointed.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-03-28 19:16:49  
I think it will pretty much dictate the future of the game... so it should be pretty big and anyone who enjoys and loves this game will probably be expecting something... but they have no campaigns in-game, nothing to hype it up or advertise. Its barely even on their twitter, it just mentioned now. Not looking good, but lets see as sometimes they surprise people.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-28 19:23:43  
They'll announce the set of campaigns on april 4th and free login should lead into the may update. (4/25-5/10 ish)

They'll also do the jp thing and tease new stuff pretty soon. The freshly picked whatever day that is.
[+]
By Rips 2022-03-28 22:50:05  
I’m going to hold off on orb popping when the update comes. I’m going to need a server consensus on what sells for what.

It’s not fun panicking trying to sell something with the 5 minute timer ticking down before your eyes. Having a Shamash Robe drop is NOT fun.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-28 23:06:25  
If you wait you miss all that sweet sweet idiot tax.
[+]
By Rips 2022-03-28 23:16:28  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you wait you miss all that sweet sweet idiot tax.

As much as I love Gil, I don’t like ripping people off, just as I don’t like being ripped off. When I shout to sell an Ashera Harness and someone offers me 30M, it’s more than annoying, it’s insulting.

Maybe we can get a list of concrete prices ahead of time if they’re adding in HTBM items now.

For example, if a random Lilith Malignance piece dropped, how much would you all say is a reasonable price? 30m? 40m? I know I’d find an interested buyer for an instant Malignance piece, especially from an addict who wants to catch back up if you catch my drift.

I don’t have the faintest idea of what Crepuscular gear would fetch.

P.s. Chinese RMT are more than willing to pay top dollar from my experience. You just have to say no to their hustle at first.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-28 23:53:38  
Rips said: »
I’m going to need a server consensus on what sells for what.

Maybe we can get a list of concrete prices ahead of time if they’re adding in HTBM items now.

People don't know what the hell stuff should sell for anyways, until someone posts about how GOOD/necessary it is here and then everyone rushes to buy it. Look at Luminicloth price right now. I remember when AMAN trove first came out, a few people were saying about Epamindondas Ring that they weren't impressed, and the STP-10 was unattractive for their x-hit or whatever (lol). Some quotes:

Quote:
oh my, what horrible accessories. Only thing remotely useful is the Holy Water neckpiece. Hopefully they are a base for something that can be upgraded from.

Quote:
but that -10 STP tho

A week later, every set had it as BIS ring for WS. Orpheus' Sash was like, 60-70M when it first came out. That thing has done all types of price gymnastics over the years. And then Nicander's necklace. Complete junk, until Shinryu, then it went to 8-12M.

tldr; initial surge of prices are unreliable. Sell it for whatever you can get for it before the hype dies down and theres 30 of them on AH, or throw it on your mule until people realize they need it for something, then sell.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-03-29 09:05:59  
I mean, the -10 sTP works on the same functional concept as the huge amounts of slow on hecatomb gear. It's not important when you're only wearing it in your weaponskill set and swapping out of it. Why people made a fuss over it when the ring was first released is beyond me. Orpheus's sash doesn't specify the potency is strongest up close in the description, so I can at least see why people would be hesitant on that one until it was tested. If it worked in reverse where the potency was strongest at 15 and weakest at 1 it would be a ranged only piece, and a lot less useful.
[+]
By Rips 2022-03-29 09:09:22  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I mean, the -10 sTP works on the same functional concept as the huge amounts of slow on hecatomb gear. It's not important when you're only wearing it in your weaponskill set and swapping out of it. Why people made a fuss over it when the ring was first released is beyond me. Orpheus's sash doesn't specify the potency is strongest up close in the description, so I can at least see why people would be hesitant on that one until it was tested. If it worked in reverse where the potency was strongest at 15 and weakest at 1 it would be a ranged only piece, and a lot less useful.

I think people - and by people I unfortunately mean adults - get off on jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts. They want to be first.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-29 09:09:45  
They were bullshitting so the price would stay low until they got one.

Also, yes, and equal parts this
I think people - and by people I unfortunately mean adults - get off on jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts. They want to be first.

And just plain stupid too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-03-29 09:15:04  

1. Server variance will greatly change these mythical values. On leviathan, I do honestly believe I could shout to sell an Omen body from trove and would get more responses of "get off our server, dirty RMT" than I'd ever get buyers.

2. Why? Evaluate what the market will bear in your own particular situation. Hell, you might be able to get 15% more if sold on a Saturday night than a Tuesday afternoon for all you know.

3. Price lists on something that cannot be auctioned just means a starting point for haggling.

If you want to sell something within 5 minutes before the pool auto-sorts/drops, underprice it. The desire to max your return must be paired with the ability to walk away from the table. And if you're not willing to let that item drop to oblivion, or don't have friends to just give it to, take what you can get and be happy.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-03-29 09:16:05  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Back then, many people were still stuck on the mentality that X-hits were still very important, rather than the reality that after the WS adjustments very few good WSs actually still cared about going off as close to 1000 TP as possible. As a result, a ring that gives a couple percent higher WSs but breaks X-hits was seen as useless.

I still get people that ask what X-hit my DRK uses.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2022-03-29 09:30:00  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Idk why, every single time I read about their Anniversary event, I feel even more underwhelmed. They keep talking about "events and festivities", but don't hear about anything battle content or update related. I'm all for a celebration, but hopefully the 20 yr anniversary "thing" is actually something tangible instead of one big gigantic gacha "happy 20th" finesse

Free pebbles for everyone!
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-03-30 05:00:48  
Wait wait wait...

Have they just showcased MULTIBOXING in their offical video? :D

Or they somehow thinking those 3 chars with name starting the same are just controlled by 3 people, who are groupie for that person in the middle? XD

28min58sec
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-30 05:16:21  
did you inform the STF?
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-03-30 05:24:41  
Shichishito said: »
did you inform the STF?

Not sure if that's a bait? :)

I tribox myself. I just find it funny they would showcase something that's against TOS :)
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-30 06:05:15  
SimonSes said: »
I just find it funny they would showcase something that's against TOS
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Zubis 2022-03-30 06:51:10  
Draylo said: »
Wow so their big huge thing is only a month away? Not much excitement or big events leading up to it.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Idk why, every single time I read about their Anniversary event, I feel even more underwhelmed.

I got to be honest, I was feeling good until the most recent post by Matsui said "We’re ramping up in the home stretch to bring you an exciting celebration of 20 years in Vana’diel."

I'm not expecting much now.
[+]
By Ozaii 2022-03-30 13:19:48  
Why does that taru look so odd.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-03-30 13:29:40  
Ozaii said: »
Why does that taru look so odd.

You mean that Taru figurine?
[+]
By Ozaii 2022-03-30 13:50:56  
Ah. Its a figurine. I thought it was some new model or something at first.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-03-30 13:57:49  
SimonSes said: »
Wait wait wait...

Have they just showcased MULTIBOXING in their offical video? :D

Or they somehow thinking those 3 chars with name starting the same are just controlled by 3 people, who are groupie for that person in the middle? XD
multi-boxing isn't against TOS... using 3rd party programs, RMT, and shouting JPONRY repeatedly are against TOS.
You can do put multiple POL accounts on the same SEID. You can virtual machine or multi-PC multiple characters at the same time w/o windower/ashita. (granted no one does that since it's so much easier w/ a 3rd party program)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-01 08:15:03  
Quote:
Matsui: The AMAN Trove will be renewed, so please try your luck!

Fujito: You can get a bonus with the used orb, so don't forget to give it to "Greyson" in the lower layer of Juno.

At least they reused the same npc so you can turn it in at the same time you get another one. Without having to zone two extra times to waste the effort.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-04-01 11:22:35  
Don't forget to check if they "properly" handled the "used orbs" thing post update. y'know, check all BCs and see if you can re-use them. *wink*
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 269 270 271 ... 428 429 430