Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 203 204 205 ... 426 427 428
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-07 13:15:19  
SimonSes said: »
This is the key word here. You need a group for this system. People like me who do it with LS pug (or plan to join JP pugs eventually, if they let me lol) have no chance to do it effectively.
I dunno.
Some parts of Odyssey require extreme coordination, and that hints at "static".
Many other parts of Odyssey though hint at PuG though. Like the fact that different people in the same static could want different NMs (since they give different RPs for different gear).
There are other aspects as well.
Whichever way you want to look at Odyssey it's pretty clear to me that while there are several nice ideas, overall it's a very poorly planned event, it spouts "confusion" from every pixel if you ask me.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
the only reason people are so upset is because they can't personally make it happen in short order.
C'mon thorny.
I'm sure you're not THAT shortsighted.
That's clearly a very big reason for the bitterness of many people but you can't be realistically saying it's the only reason.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-05-07 13:16:02  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Let's say you do 60% of the speed doing single NM runs, is that so bad? I doubt a PUG dyna run clears 60% as much as a coordinated linkshell run.

When groups are arguing over which NMs/gear to RP.... and you need to fight NMs 100+ times (on V15) to fully rank gear up... and you need to farm segments for each one of those fights... and pickup groups have 0 chance of killing V15 NMs... and you need to do 3 NMs in order to fully maximize the bonus (which requires all party members have 9k segments)...

My point is... that 60% (you're being generous) makes a GINORMOUS difference. Someone doing pick up groups in this scenario is maybe 2% as efficient as someone in a perma. When you already have to fight a NM 100+ times at V15, imagine how many times and how many hours you'd need to do put in at V5 (plus all the extra segments needed to farm)?

It's burning a lot of people out. I'm glad some people are having fun, but I'm not and my playtime as of late shows that.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-07 13:18:54  
Asura.Botosi said: »
It's burning a lot of people out.
A lot, not all, but yeah I've seen friends complainin or takin breaks because of that.

Having Segments run last even longer will make that issue worse I'm afraid, which is why I said I was having mixed feelings about the change.
It's good and it's bad, at the same time. Depends on the details of how it will work though.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-07 13:25:12  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You can be reasonable, and semi optimal. 200 pieces of gear for a job is *** ridiculous.

You are really missing a point. I have MNK, RDM, THF, DRK, RNG, SMN, BLU, DNC, COR, PUP geared good. None of them have more than one acc set or more than one hybrid set. I dont have any niche sets like Chakra etc. Now Im gearing WAR, WHM, BRD and PLD now only to be more flexible for Odyssey, but when I actually finish those jobs, I will have no way to use 3 jobs at the same time, because I wont fit 3 sets of JSE in useable inventory. I will need to send items for less used jobs that are not used by my other jobs to make room. It would be annoying af. In short you need to be flexible, but you can't have too many jobs too. It's a paradox.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 13:31:51  
You will know the 3 jobs you will be using, and all scenarios therein. Plan accordingly.

If you aren't gonna be on pup, your pup gear doesn't need to be accessible. It's really that easy.

Manage your gear locations better and be less of a loot goblin.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-05-07 13:33:57  
You will know the 3 jobs you will be using, and all scenarios therein. Plan accordingly.

If you aren't gonna be on pup, your pup gear doesn't need to be accessible. It's really that easy.

Let me toss/not use my gear and become more inefficient so I can rank my gear up and be... more efficient?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 13:34:20  
You got mules dontcha

It can be done with PUG too.

Shout we're going to do X Y and Z you're going to be my A B and C, plan accordingly we start in 20 minutes. I mean damn.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-05-07 13:36:49  
You got mules dontcha

It can be done with PUG too.

Shout we're going to do X Y and Z you're going to be my A B and C, plan accordingly we start in 20 minutes. I mean damn.

Bro it literally takes 20mins to find a tank for a segment farm on the busiest server during NA primetime. What you’re referring to is a hypothetical that is way easier to accomplish in theory than in reality.

I couldn’t even fill up a V15 Henwen the other day because 99% of the population has no interest in ranking this gear up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 13:39:09  
So like that's an over arching "your problem" scenario.

"the tank" and "the healer" are the hardest PUG to fill....... BE the tank.

You got 15000 brainless DD on asura, and no tanks, so, I mean, be the thing you lack.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-05-07 13:41:36  
Asura.Botosi said: »
I have 11 jobs geared on my main. Doesn’t mean I want to play PLD every time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 13:42:27  
If you want dem points, you gotta do what it takes to gettem, no?

See "I don't want to be pld" works for omen and dynamis, you don't want PLD cards you don't need PLD neck RP, but this doesn't give RP based on job.

Yall trying to to argue about a reasonable task with unreasonable excuses.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-07 13:48:49  

You still dont understand. I only have important gear. Multijob gear and JSE capes/necks, that I cant store on porter moogle I keep on me. In safe I keep less used gear. In safe II I keep stuff like REMA items, some shard/voids, Omen items. essentially everythign else thats not equip. Same for storage. In locker I have less used gear + less used slips and some non storable items. I cleaned my inventory 10 times in last 2 years, reducing unused items as much as possible. When I finish WAR, WHM, BRD and PLD and add multijobs items those jobs use (abjurations+1, some unity R15 items, enmity+ accessories etc.) gear and JSE I cant store on porter (instruments, REMA weapons, capes, necks) I will be absolutely filled out. I will only have like 30 inventory space in inventory to put JSE items from porter for job I currently use (af+3,relic+3,empy+1,sometimes ambuscade gear) and add capes/neck from satchel/sack. IF I want to drop JSE for 3 jobs, I would have no room. I will need to send everything thats not gear to alts. Its doable, but super *** annoying.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 13:49:39  
Its doable
By joemamma 2021-05-07 13:50:23  
Some guy at SE:

Hey let's make them fight the same NM 100 some times

Other guy: What that's too easy make them farm 100,000 segments plus.

Then fight same NM 100-200 times.

Genius !
By Mrxi 2021-05-07 13:59:49  

You still dont understand. I only have important gear. Multijob gear and JSE capes/necks, that I cant store on porter moogle I keep on me. In safe I keep less used gear. In safe II I keep stuff like REMA items, some shard/voids, Omen items. essentially everythign else thats not equip. Same for storage. In locker I have less used gear + less used slips and some non storable items. I cleaned my inventory 10 times in last 2 years, reducing unused items as much as possible. When I finish WAR, WHM, BRD and PLD and add multijobs items those jobs use (abjurations+1, some unity R15 items, enmity+ accessories etc.) gear and JSE I cant store on porter (instruments, REMA weapons, capes, necks) I will be absolutely filled out. I will only have like 30 inventory space in inventory to put JSE items from porter for job I currently use (af+3,relic+3,empy+1,sometimes ambuscade gear) and add capes/neck from satchel/sack. IF I want to drop JSE for 3 jobs, I would have no room. I will need to send everything thats not gear to alts. Its doable, but super *** annoying.
You are the one not understanding, you dont need 12 jobs ready to go for this content, if you cant grasp that maybe this content is not for you, you also dont need full sets of jse gear for like every job.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-05-07 14:03:51  
Nocki said: »
The biggest problem is that many players will have even 10 jobs but might still not have the proper jobs to fill for 3 fights. There is no many people like me who have pup, dnc etc.

Another problem is that porter moogle is not there. I have no idea how I would even do it without porter moogle. I would need to send like 50 items to another char to make room for 3 sets of jse in the inventory accessible in Gaol.

Better send those 50 items!

I've seen a lot of people mention reasons not to kill 3 bosses in a row, and no real enthusiasm for completing the content as was originally intended. We should be happy they took an incentive based approach to getting the community to do it how they intended instead of making it consume all 3 moglophones upon entry...

My group is excited to work towards clearing 3 bosses a run and farming RP on a few sets in particular. Along with actually having motivation to gear and use "unconventional" jobs. Is anyone esle excited? =o

Yes, I am excited.
[+]
 Bahamut.Leonof
サーバ: Bahamut
user: DethCody
By Bahamut.Leonof 2021-05-07 14:09:59  
At this point I think some of you are trolling, if the conversation goes on any longer, we will hear about how incentivizing 3 boss fights per run is gods gift to man, and churning gear in and out of wardrobes are divine works.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-07 14:19:42  
Mrxi said: »
You are the one not understanding, you dont need 12 jobs ready to go for this content, if you cant grasp that maybe this content is not for you, you also dont need full sets of jse gear for like every job.

I dont have 12 jobs for this content, I have 12 jobs for everything I do in this game and for fun, because I like having fun while playing video games. Having 12 jobs for everything else makes it hard to have gear for all 3 jobs "on you". I always only have JSE for ONE job on me, the rest is on porter moogle. The only way to make enough room is to send gear to other characters which is super *** annoying with limitation of 8 slots per send. Especially if I would need to do it every day.

I mean many people in many threads before were saying they have inventory space problems, so dont *** make some special case out of me now. People are begging for Wardrobe 5 and 6 for a reason. You are either trolling me or idk.

EDIT: Also since the target ideally would be beating V15 A3 with non ideal setup without SP in consecutive battles, then you for sure need really good gear and every niche set that can make it possible, so its even harder on inventory.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-05-07 14:29:04  
Bahamut.Leonof said: »
At this point I think some of you are trolling,
How dare you accurately portray some people's contributions. Rude.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-05-07 15:07:35  
Just dont use the Mog Amplifier if its inconvenient for you, my word. Its really not that difficult.

No ones forcing you to use it. You're not missing out on anything by not using it.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-05-07 15:14:20  
I'm pretty sure the only person trolling is SE with this content.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-07 16:22:56  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Just dont use the Mog Amplifier if its inconvenient for you, my word. Its really not that difficult.

No ones forcing you to use it. You're not missing out on anything by not using it.
Part of me 100% agrees with you Nynja, as a matter of fact this is my mental reply to a lot of complaints I read, in general.

On a second thought though, it's a pretty flawed argument.
You start there and then you go to:
Just do V5 instead of V15 if it's too hard for you
Just don't do Odyssey if you don't like it
Just don't use that JA/Spell if you think it's too OP

And at a certain point you eventually get to:
Just don't play FFXI if you don't like <insert thing>.

I mean... yeah, it's a pretty flawed argument to shut up people who are constructively trying to discuss about how a specific thing is badly planned and could've be easily fixed to be better.
Dropping the conversation with "stop whining and stop doing the thing you don't like, u won't lose much" isn't really bring the conversation anywhere, is it?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 16:26:30  
Leviathan.Vanfrano said: »
Just like they did with the overflow of augmentable JSE before adding wardrobes 3 & 4, the point of Odyssey is to create a problem and offer to sell us a solution with the new paid inventories they will add soon.

Meh. Yes and No.

Yes inventory is excessive. Yes, they know. Yes, they're working on something. Yes, they might sell it to you (that's one of the oldest rules in games).
No this is not the catalyst. Really whining just to whine. In this case.

If they were forcing you to do 3, then sure. Totally optional. Nothing lost by not doing it. Only extra points if you're capable of giving the minimum effort to earn it. If you're not, nothing lost.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-07 16:38:29  
This game demands you horde gear just to use on job ability activation once every 15 minutes. Arguing that people should spend 30 minutes swapping gear around just so they can get jobs set up isnt a real argument, ever. Its a game design flaw SE needs to fix and give us more inventory already, or give us a damn back piece better than every jse back combined.

Hell, i can fill 4 wardrobes with just 2 jobs.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-07 16:45:39  
Honestly, what else do you want them to do to create challenging content?

You've forced them to put obscene amounts of DT and m.eva on your TP gear by using react. If they didn't do that, everyone with react would be miles ahead of everyone without it.

You've ruined the value of knockback and draw in and positional damage by using anchor. Now, mobs heavy on knockback and drawin are just free kills for cheater NAs and much harder for legitimate groups.

You've forced them to design content to avoid job-specific zerging by turning it into the only acceptable way to do content and excluding anyone who didn't like the zerg job of the month.

You've forced them to provide substantial gear upgrades by ignoring content(master trials, early dyna-d, etc) that did not give sufficient stat upgrades, even if it was engaging and challenging. This has resulted in insane gear creep, because gear outpaced content.

You've made it clear that nerfs are not acceptable, and nobody will accept anything that makes us weaker than we currently are(way too strong).

You've made it clear that jobs that are not in the meta will not see any play from NA shouts, nor in NA linkshells.

They've irresponsibly allowed enough MP regeneration and survivability that tanks cannot die and healers cannot run out of mana.

They have an extremely limited budget and are working with a game that is still developed using PS2 dev kits. They can't add entirely new and revolutionary mechanics. They found one option they thought would provide challenge(and it actually does), and implemented it. They didn't even make it mandatory. Get over it, it was a smart move by SE, and you are all just a bunch of spoiled princesses that want to be hailed as FFXI gods but don't want to actually play FFXI.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 16:46:00  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
This game demands you horde gear just to use on job ability activation once every 15 minutes. Arguing that people should spend 30 minutes swapping gear around just so they can get jobs set up isnt a real argument, ever. Its a game design flaw SE needs to fix and give us more inventory already, or give us a damn back piece better than every jse back combined.

Yeah you can fill all 960 slots of stuff for one job, if you wanted too.

You don't need to. You want to. You don't need any relic or artifact or 12 jse capes or 92 crafted su5 weapons.

You don't need 15 more seconds of berserk. You don't need 25 extra seconds of phantom roll. You don't need 37 pieces of herculean augmented gear.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-07 16:49:56  
Leviathan.Vanfrano said: »
Just like they did with the overflow of augmentable JSE before adding wardrobes 3 & 4, the point of Odyssey is to create a problem and offer to sell us a solution with the new paid inventories they will add soon.

Meh. Yes and No.

Yes inventory is excessive. Yes, they know. Yes, they're working on something. Yes, they might sell it to you (that's one of the oldest rules in games).
No this is not the catalyst. Really whining just to whine. In this case.

If they were forcing you to do 3, then sure. Totally optional. Nothing lost by not doing it. Only extra points if you're capable of giving the minimum effort to earn it. If you're not, nothing lost.
Why are you so hell bent on making a bad design seem good? Like just allow people to play a the jobs they want on each boss. If you beat the first boss allow people to play those jobs for the next boss set or hell if they win make them change and give more rp without needed an item in general. They got ways to fix the dumb stuff stop making it seem like they can't fix stuff that people have hated for years.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-07 16:51:26  

You don't need to. You want to. You don't need any relic or artifact or 12 jse capes or 92 crafted su5 weapons.

You don't need 15 more seconds of berserk. You don't need 25 extra seconds of phantom roll. You don't need 37 pieces of herculean augmented gear.

At that point, youre not even playing the game. Youre also not likely to do v15.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-07 16:51:48  

So at that point why not just use low level gear if you don't need all this stuff or why wear it at all? Hell why make this gear if people don't need it anyway?
First Page 2 3 ... 203 204 205 ... 426 427 428