フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 202 203 204 ... 408 409 410
By SimonSes 2021-05-07 12:04:58  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Adding Mog Amplifier
Costs 1500 segments
Effects only the user
When used, the RP that can be obtained in battle increases only once.
If certain conditions are met, the amount of RP increase will increase

Do people even read it correctly tho?
For me it sounds like Amplifier will work for single fight too, but it will work AGAIN if you make another fight in the same run and meet the requirements.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 12:05:38  
Nocki said: »
My group is excited to work towards clearing 3 bosses a run and farming RP on a few sets in particular. Along with actually having motivation to gear and use "unconventional" jobs. Is anyone else excited? =o

More of this.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 12:06:33  
SimonSes said: »
Adding Mog Amplifier
Costs 1500 segments
Effects only the user

For me it sounds like Amplifier will work for single fight too, but it will work AGAIN if you make another fight in the same run and meet the requirements.

Quote:
Conditions for an increase from the amplifier:
Have played 3 consecutive battles and have won RP in all 3 battles
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-07 12:09:19  
My group

This is the key word here. You need a group for this system. People like me who do it with LS pug (or plan to join JP pugs eventually, if they let me lol) have no chance to do it effectively.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-07 12:09:27  
Asura.Splendid said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »
I have too many jobs geared to get my gear specifically in the slots accessible to the Moogle in Odyssey. It's utterly RIDICULOUS that there's an event where they want you to change jobs mid-process AND NOT GIVE YOU ACCESS TO ALL OF YOUR INVENTORY.

I'm so close to being done with this game until this content blows over. Odyssey is really losing me. I normally don't complain to this point, but it's extremely un-fun.

If you dont have a perma then it's miserable shouting for people. I spend 20+ mins shouting for a tank on the busiest server. I can't imagine what the dead servers are like. Then when I do find a tank they take 30 seconds buffing before pulling any mobs.

The repetitive segments farms followed by the repetitive NMs aren't fun.

The lack of subjobs is ridiculous and annoying.

This content blows. I'm sorry, but it sucks. I've seen more people dwindling away the past few months than I have in a while and I understand why.

I feel this so much. There’s zero reason why NQ phones don’t stack on the NPC like Omen. And honestly there’s zero reason why farming segments can’t be a server wide event like WoE. At the very least if I want to farm segments for four hours straight I should be able to. I have been doing less an less on game lately because of how poorly Odyssey is designed.
I agree with this also tbh. The day this content dropped I was out it didn't look like fun content and doing proved that to me in ways. Segment farming is more a choir than anything is this game. The nms are really only hard because of no subjob/luck based than anything. Not sure why people are defending simply bad design on SE part with the no subject thing people hated back in the day idk why they thought it change now.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-07 12:12:40  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Adding Mog Amplifier
Costs 1500 segments
Effects only the user

Quote:
Conditions for an increase from the amplifier:
Have played 3 consecutive battles and have won RP in all 3 battles

Basicaly those conditions are for Amplifier to work more than once. It's condition to increase amount of time that Amplifier will increase your RP. This is how I read this at least.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 12:13:44  
Seems pretty straight forward. (but jp > en and non english primary language)

It really is worded... awkwardly.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-07 12:18:46  
The biggest problem is that many players will have even 10 jobs but might still not have the proper jobs to fill for 3 fights. There is no many people like me who have pup, dnc etc.

Another problem is that porter moogle is not there. I have no idea how I would even do it without porter moogle. I would need to send like 50 items to another char to make room for 3 sets of jse in the inventory accessible in Gaol.

Better send those 50 items!

I've seen a lot of people mention reasons not to kill 3 bosses in a row, and no real enthusiasm for completing the content as was originally intended. We should be happy they took an incentive based approach to getting the community to do it how they intended instead of making it consume all 3 moglophones upon entry...

My group is excited to work towards clearing 3 bosses a run and farming RP on a few sets in particular. Along with actually having motivation to gear and use "unconventional" jobs. Is anyone esle excited? =o
More people would more than likely be happy if it didn't waste so many segments to even test it out at this point. Like your blowing 6k segments to "try" a weird setup. What would've been nice is like most of the people have said make it more than 1 segments farm a day and no im not talking force stacking to do 2 in one day make it like stones from abyssea or voidwatch stones. You'd get more people on board to try the way "intended"
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-05-07 12:22:42  
at the bare minimum, you have 240 inventory slots between wardrobe and inventory. You also have another 240 slots in case, sack and satchel that are available. Thats 480 inventory slots. lets throw away 50 on misc junk (food, ls, meds that no one uses because it kills dps, storage slips, etc etc), how are you not able to manage 3 jobs worth of gear on 430 inventory slots that you absolutely need porter moogle access? I havent even included the other 240 inventory from Safe/Safe2/Locker that you have access to.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-05-07 12:24:22  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
The biggest problem is that many players will have even 10 jobs but might still not have the proper jobs to fill for 3 fights. There is no many people like me who have pup, dnc etc.

Another problem is that porter moogle is not there. I have no idea how I would even do it without porter moogle. I would need to send like 50 items to another char to make room for 3 sets of jse in the inventory accessible in Gaol.

Better send those 50 items!

I've seen a lot of people mention reasons not to kill 3 bosses in a row, and no real enthusiasm for completing the content as was originally intended. We should be happy they took an incentive based approach to getting the community to do it how they intended instead of making it consume all 3 moglophones upon entry...

My group is excited to work towards clearing 3 bosses a run and farming RP on a few sets in particular. Along with actually having motivation to gear and use "unconventional" jobs. Is anyone esle excited? =o
More people would more than likely be happy if it didn't waste so many segments to even test it out at this point. Like your blowing 6k segments to "try" a weird setup. What would've been nice is like most of the people have said make it more than 1 segments farm a day and no im not talking force stacking to do 2 in one day make it like stones from abyssea or voidwatch stones. You'd get more people on board to try the way "intended"

If they made it like Ambuscade and you only used KIs upon Win a lot more people would be willing to do the content imo. My friends and I have spent multiple KIs losing on NMs before. It's offputting to farm Segs only to lose on the fights lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-07 12:25:35  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
at the bare minimum, you have 240 inventory slots between wardrobe and inventory. You also have another 240 slots in case, sack and satchel that are available. Thats 480 inventory slots. lets throw away 50 on misc junk (food, ls, meds that no one uses because it kills dps, storage slips, etc etc), how are you not able to manage 3 jobs worth of gear on 430 inventory slots that you absolutely need porter moogle access? I havent even included the other 240 inventory from Safe/Safe2/Locker that you have access to.
If you have a setup for one job depending on what it is some uses almost 200 pieces of gear for 1 job. Alot of people seem to not have more than 3 jobs leveled or they don't play jobs that require alot of sets. Maybe that's why so many people keep getting confused on why the job limit is bad.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 12:29:39  
A job doesn't NEED 200 pieces of gear.

You can tp/ws/idle with just two rings. your precious dps will only drop single digits.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-07 12:32:32  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Because I have 12+ jobs not 3? So I have multijobs items all over wardrobes and inventory and use satchel and sack for capes/necks/someJSEitemsIcantPutInPorter. In case I have arrows/food/popItems/etc.

Its easy to have all items for 3 jobs on you, when you only have 3 jobs, but not when you have 12+ like me. I could manage it still and totally strip my main from pop items, craft materials etc and only leave gear, then resend it after event. That would eb super annoying tho. Also it doesnt matter for me. I dont have static and its pretty much impossible to do it in pugs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Leonof
user: DethCody
By Bahamut.Leonof 2021-05-07 12:37:57  
Yall are hand waving away a lot the details on how this would work, In thornys post on a possible strat youd need 3 non overlapping jobs with other members, that are useful for the strat, that are endgame complete, that wouldnt have sp overlap with later fights and would fit into your 4 mog wardrobes. This is in addition to whatever jobs you also have geared but are not part of this strat. Also i dont see "be 80/80 on your main inventory" as a reasonable solution. Also kinda assumes your part of static.

Not saying its impossible, but i dont think many would do this.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 12:39:51  
Well, if you don't want to do it, I guess you just have to be slower and your epeen has to suffer admitting you can't do it.

Easy enough. Not seeing a problem. Just don't do it. Right?

Not everything is supposed to be for everyone right? Let the big boys get their gear faster. And you can pick it up a month later.

This is no way slows your previous plans down, but gives the people who "got good" a way to do it faster.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-07 12:46:03  
This is the key word here. You need a group for this system. People like me who do it with LS pug (or plan to join JP pugs eventually, if they let me lol) have no chance to do it effectively.
Being able to do highest tier endgame in most effective manner was a fixed group thing for much longer than it has been a pickup thing. Having something to strive for is not a bad thing, the only reason people are so upset is because they can't personally make it happen in short order. The groups that have no coordination beyond copying the latest gearswap and buff setup will have the most trouble adapting, and that's a good thing.

Bahamut.Leonof said: »
Yall are hand waving away a lot the details on how this would work, In thornys post on a possible strat youd need 3 non overlapping jobs with other members, that are useful for the start, that are endgame complete, that wouldnt have sp overlap with later fights and would fit into your 4 mog wardrobes. This is in addition to whatever jobs you also have geared but are not part of this strat. Also i dont see "be 80/80 on your main inventory" as a reasonable solution. Also kinda assumes your part of static.

Not saying its impossible, but i dont think many would do this.
You can cap JP in a matter of 8 hours or less, especially during campaigns. Every relevant endgame player already has Malignance, everyone who cares about RP farm speed has Nyame. Almost all accessories are shared between jobs. You don't actually need to be 100% BiS on macro sets to be viable on a job, and it's fine to lose a parse to win a fight. Relic armor can be farmed in 7.5 days if needed, many RMEA overlap, ambuscade and aeonic weapons are quick to farm, etc.. if you really don't have a single player in your network who plays unpopular jobs. AF is a roadblock, but it's not critical to success.

Further, this creates a niche for those players who enjoy less popular jobs to not only get a chance to play them and use their abilities beyond WSing, but be desired in that role. How many opportunities do you get to play a serious endgame event where DNC's healing, SMN's buffing, PUP tanking, etc.. are optimal? Those players will *NEVER* get that opportunity without a system like this.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-05-07 12:50:24  
I’m convinced the only people who enjoy this content are main DNCs, BLUs and PUPs who have perma groups.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-07 12:50:59  
I’m convinced the only people who enjoy this content are main DNCs, BLUs and PUPs who have perma groups.

I'm convinced most of the people who hate it enjoy considering themselves good at FFXI more than actually understanding and playing the game.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-05-07 12:51:47  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

I'm convinced most of the people who hate it enjoy considering themselves good at FFXI more than actually understanding and playing the game.

You can be good at this game and still not have a perma. Which is what the underlying issue is here. This content is not pick up group friendly.

Considering most of us have jobs, wives/husbands, kids, it’s hard for a people to perma up nowadays.

You can also be good at this game and only enjoy playing 1-2 jobs. I have 11 jobs geared on my main. Doesn’t mean I want to play PLD every time.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 12:53:36  
I mean that part has always been a big split.

Having a set of knowledgeable reliable humans to draw upon is a game changer.
By FaeQueenCory 2021-05-07 12:54:54  
Who told you our collective secret!
[+]
By joemamma 2021-05-07 12:55:11  
Judging by the average player on Asura they will never have to worry about doing V15.

The gap between total noob and elitist nerd is pretty big.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-07 12:55:52  
Could you PUG master trials within 2 years of them coming out?
Could you PUG delve(v1 or v2) when it was new? How about legion? Arch dyna lord? You could PUG abyssea, but that was joke ***. Jailer of Love? Omega? Ultima? Kirin? You'd never claim HQ kings, sandworm, DI, etc.. but you couldn't PUG those when they were new either.

For that matter, you can still do the content in PUG, at a rate that's likely only marginally slower. Would you expect a PUG group to full clear dynamis? Would you expect 10k segments in a PUG? Would you expect a PUG group to win Iroha MT, 2-3 years after it came out?

Seriously, maxing one job and learning to press ctrl-1 does not entitle you to complete all content in the most efficient manner with no further thought.

In all likelihood, the content was intended to either provide chain bonuses to begin with, or consume all moglophones every entry. They didn't design that mechanic and then intelligently weigh the 'handicap' of requeueing and holding 2 KI in reserve against the job changes. They overlooked something, and instead of giving you what they intended, they let you keep what you have and gave a bonus for those who want to do it the way it was designed.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-07 12:59:32  
Being able to do highest tier endgame in most effective manner was a fixed group thing for much longer than it has been a pickup thing. Having something to strive for is not a bad thing, the only reason people are so upset is because they can't personally make it happen in short order. The groups that have no coordination beyond copying the latest gearswap and buff setup will have the most trouble adapting, and that's a good thing.

We do it as LS event and Lex make few setups from available people. One fight is still perfectly doable this way if you have good people with several jobs. 3 consecutive fights requires a static and that kinda sucks for 99% of people, but I understand some groups might be happy about it.
By SimonSes 2021-05-07 13:04:04  
Could you PUG delve(v1 or v2) when it was new? How about legion? Arch dyna lord? You could PUG abyssea, but that was joke ***. Jailer of Love? Omega? Ultima? Kirin? You'd never claim HQ kings, sandworm, DI, etc.. but you couldn't PUG those when they were new either.

Yeah but most of that was 18ppl events, not 6. You could make them as LS events. Odyssey being limited to 6 players is another limitation on top of segment limitation on top of now amplifier conditions. Im happy to do single fights tho. Im sad about Amplifier conditions, but what can I do.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-05-07 13:07:05  
Thorny you’re bringing up content from 10+ years ago. We got lives now bruh. Atleast some of us.

A lot of that content was 18man and also when server populations were much higher.

I get your point, but we’re almost all casuals now.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-07 13:07:31  
Yeah but most of that was 18ppl events, not 6. You could make them as LS events.

Think with playerbase changes, 18man ls events are pretty much a thing of the past, its much easier to organize 6man static than 18man static. Obviously the mechanic wouldn't work with 18 anyway, but all things considered I don't think this is the insult that most of these posts make it out to be.

Im happy to do single fights tho. Im sad about Amplifier conditions, but what can I do.
I think you might be underestimating the amount of job flexibility most endgame players have.. if it's not mule event, then most people have pretty good variety on mains. If you personally have the weird/unpopular jobs, that much easier.

Thorny you’re bringing up content from 10+ years ago. We got lives now bruh. Atleast some of us.

I get your point, but we’re almost all casuals now.
I'm also bringing up the most recent content in the same context. You aren't prohibited from doing odyssey just because you can't use this new key item. Let's say you do 60% of the speed doing single NM runs, is that so bad? I doubt a PUG dyna run clears 60% as much as a coordinated linkshell run. Also possible to set up a once weekly meet to do the triple run, and still do normal runs every other tag. It's not that uncommon for people to schedule hobbies(at least pre-corona).
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-07 13:09:23  

You can tp/ws/idle with just two rings. your precious dps will only drop single digits.
You dont need it maybe also idk why you keep saying dps as if mages dont use more gear... Your telling people to go in for multi runs but then telling them dont take stuff you think you may need on suboptimal setups make it make sense.
[+]
By Virlym 2021-05-07 13:09:24  
I'm not sure what the complaint is here. Peoples were complaining the content was modeled in a way that did not make sense because of the lack of incentive to do it the way it was initially planned to be done. They added a system that incentivizes (Read: INCENTIVIZES, not forces in any way shape or form) peoples to actually do it this way, also partially addressing some other issues in the process (giving the spotlight to some underused aspect of jobs that don't fit in the current big PP meta). Peoples that cannot take advantage of this aspect can still do said content the same way they used to, but still get to make more progress thanks to the update increasing segments earned and the seal still working if you're only clearing one boss. It's a win win.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 13:12:37  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

You dont need it maybe also idk why you keep saying dps as if mages dont use more gear... Your telling people to go in for multi runs but then telling them dont take stuff you think you may need on suboptimal setups make it make sense.

You can be reasonable, and semi optimal. 200 pieces of gear for a job is *** ridiculous.

I'm not going to write a 10 page story. You have thousands of pieces of gear for thousands of situations. pre-plan so you don't need your 100% acc set, your 99% acc set, your 95% acc set, your 93% acc set.
First Page 2 3 ... 202 203 204 ... 408 409 410