user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-01-08 12:05:13  
Train
Dream Flower
Cruel Joke
Wait 60 seconds
Enjoy the moogle chunks
By malakef 2021-01-08 12:12:34  
Does it still work in C? Haven’t heard people talk about it in a while.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-01-08 12:35:55  
Yeah, just gotta figure out which families Doom, but totally still works in all 3
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 12:38:03  
Definitely use it for the disgustingly annoying monsters like slimes, ameretat, etc
By LightningHelix 2021-01-08 13:01:57  
What's the best way to learn Cruel Joke? Farm Alluvion Yorcia Skirmish until the clown shows up? The solo Vagary fight? I have the BLU, and the gear, but.
By Felgarr 2021-01-08 13:11:07  
LightningHelix said: »
What's the best way to learn Cruel Joke? Farm Alluvion Yorcia Skirmish until the clown shows up? The solo Vagary fight? I have the BLU, and the gear, but.

I engaged him and died to the clown when he cast it on me and still learned it. o_o
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-08 13:19:38  
Quote:
This entire game is side grades....

If an item has +1STR over another item people will pay 10s of millions (sometimes 100s ie. Aurgelmir Orb +1) or grind for months.

To be fair, this game also hasn't released any new content that can't be grinded in a few days since dynamis D, and that was 3 years ago!!. Three years is more than enough time for people to accrue gil and max out all their gear sets on their favorite jobs. It happened to me.... I can't spend the gil I get from my weekly events because I've already bought everything there is to buy for the jobs I play. So whenever any miniscule upgrade comes out, and in the case of the +1 orb it is a clear upgrade over the alternative options for it's respective builds, people are going to be willing to spend much larger sums of gil than they normally would if fresh content were constantly coming out and taxing their resources like we had seen for the first 12-15 years of the game's life. As it stands, gil is just a number for some people because it can't be traded for anything they deem of value.

It's very much like the super NES JRPG's end games, where all the strongest gear you could buy from the NPC vendors in towns is completely useless because the dungeon drops you got in the second to last dungeon or the side quests leading up to the final boss encounter are stronger, and the gear you find in the final dungeon is the literal best in the game. In Chrono trigger it was rainbow shell equipment and sun stone upgrades, Secret of mana packed all the strongest loot directly inside the Mana Fortress itself, Final Fantasy 6 had the Minerva Bustier, Genji Armor, and Force Armor etc etc, all of which was either quested for or dropped from mobs or chests. Every one of respective game's currency became worthless toward the end of the game because shop items were just inferior to "the reeeeally good stuff".
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-01-08 13:39:23  
LightningHelix said: »

Solo vagary probably is faster.

Alluvion Balamor isnt garanteed, regular vagary there are dozen of formor before each try.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-08 13:40:31  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Yeah, just gotta figure out which families Doom, but totally still works in all 3

But there are too many camps that resist it in B.

Probably some zone with more mobs that are suscetible to it
 Valefor.Worlace
サーバ: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-01-08 13:45:50  
Train
Dream Flower
Cruel Joke
Wait 60 seconds
Enjoy the moogle chunks

Since when do AOE WS (or Blood pacts), or even ranged WS work in Odyssey? In my experience they do 1% of normal damage. Unless this is just a cheesy way to doom everything
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-01-08 13:47:21  
That's exactly what it is. The doom apparently works.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 13:48:18  
Valefor.Worlace said: »
Train
Dream Flower
Cruel Joke
Wait 60 seconds
Enjoy the moogle chunks

Since when do AOE WS (or Blood pacts), or even ranged WS work in Odyssey? In my experience they do 1% of normal damage. Unless this is just a cheesy way to doom everything

That's what it is. Damage to additional adds beyond the primary target are heavily nerfed, but the effects of status ailments still work as normal, considering family/element resistances. For example, Subduction still lands gravity on every monster it hits (assuming it doesn't resist), the damage just sucks (but its a good tool to use to de-aggro stuff you don't feel like fighting). Also not sure what you mean by Ranged WS work in Odyssey? The only thing I am aware of that resist/immune to ranged damage is the Nostos Halo, and I'm not even sure about that completely.

Pantafernando said: »

But there are too many camps that resist it in B.

Probably some zone with more mobs that are suscetible to it

It's just a trick to quickly clear a few groups you don't feel like being bothered with. Or if you're running low on time. Pull two groups, UL/UW, 20 kills in 1:30. Easy Nostos kills. I wouldn't build groups around it unless you could guarantee you would get groups that dont resist it and have a good puller. It's still a little dangerous to do solo, and C you cna get wrecked very easy. So not like it's abusive.
By SimonSes 2021-01-08 14:15:13  
Ranged attack works on nostos halo, but you need to be close. It has some mechanic that you can't damage it from distance, so you can't just nuke it and make beastmen visible.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 14:22:54  
That makes sense. I couldn't figure out what it was. I tried throwing Shuriken and nuking it from range and it took zero damage but I saw matsui-p nuke it when I was close so I was unsure
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2021-01-08 14:33:46  
Full translation of the Odyssey part of the dev post (I'm not totally fluent, don't shoot me):

オデシー(1月/2月)
 今回追加されるコンテンツは「シェオル ジェール」です!
 「ジェール」とは、英語で監獄を意味するJail(ジェイル)の、古い言い方とのこと。
 いったいどのような内容なのか、概要からご紹介していきます。

Odyssey (Jan/Feb)
The new content this time is "Sheol Gaol"!
"Gaol" is an archaic English word for jail.
Following is a summary of what type of content it is.

概要

「シェオル ジェール」は、特殊な状況下でNMを討伐し、戦闘で得たポイントを使用して装備を強化するコンテンツです。
  参加する条件には、必要レベルやエミネンス・レコードのクリアなどがあります。
  参加人数は1~6人で、制限時間は1NM戦につき15分です。NM戦はコンテンツ突入ごとに最大3回まで挑戦できます。

Overview
"Sheol Gaol" is content in which you can upgrade gear using points obtained during combat and for defeating NMs [under certain conditions](ed: not sure what this means).
Participation requirements include certain levels and Records of Eminence.
Participation is for 1-6 players, time limit is 15 minutes per NM. You can attempt at most 3 NMs per entry.

参加条件

参加には3つの条件があります。

① エミネンス・レコード「シェオルCへの到達」をコンプリートしていること
   ② だいじなもの「モグパケットII」を3つ所持していること
     この「モグパケットII」は、1つにつきモグセグメント3,000ポイントで交換できます。
   ③ 3ジョブのレベルが99になっていること

Participation Conditions
There are 3 conditions for participation.
Clear "Sheol C" RoE
Possess 3 "Moglophone II" Key Items
- "Moglophones II" can be purchased for 3,000 Moogle Segments each.
Have 3 jobs level 99

コンテンツの流れ
  ラバオからコンテンツに突入した後、準備エリアを経て、ボスエリアに移動し、戦闘を行います。

・ラバオ

おなじみの幽門石からコンテンツに入ります。
   「モグパケットII」は、ピルグリムモーグリから交換できます。

・準備エリア

準備エリアでは、メニューからジョブチェンジ/モグ金庫/モグサッチェル/収納家具/ワードローブを選択することが可能です。宅配ポストは使用できません。

・ボスエリア

ボスエリアではフェイスの呼び出しも可能です。
   NMに勝利すると再び準備エリアに戻ります。

Content Flow
Enter from Rabao to the Preparation Area, move to the Boss Area, and initiate combat.
Rabao:
- Enter from the same Veridical Conflux as before (obtain Moglophones II from the Pilgrim Moogle)
Preparation Area:
- In the Preparation Area, you can change jobs and access Mog Safe/Storage/Wardrobes from the menu. You cannot use the Delivery Box.
Boss Area:
- In the boss area you can call Trusts.
- After defeating an NM, you will be returned to the Preparation Area

コンテンツルール

やや細かい部分も含めて、いくつかのポイントをまとめてみました。

Content Rules (image)
Total time limit: 60m
- Boss Area: 15m x3; Preparation Area: 15m
Support Jobs Unavailable
Once a party member uses a job to fight an NM, it cannot be used again until leaving the area (ed: presumably the entire run, since I don't think you can switch jobs mid-fight)
Any Trusts summoned cannot be summoned again until leaving the area
Wiping (ed: implies no 3 minute grace period after wipe), running out of time in either Area, or using a Moglopgone II will exit.

コンテンツルール補足

PTを組んでいる場合は参加条件に「メンバー数×3種以上のジョブレベルが99かつ、ジョブの重複がないこと」という判定も加わります。
  いくつか突入できない例を以下の画像に記載しましたので、ご参照ください。

Content Rules continued
In the case of entering with a Party, you must have 3x the number of jobs as party members, not counting overlaps between players.

待ち受けるNMたち
  「シェオル ジェール」に登場する、NMの姿をいくつかご紹介します。

Awaiting NMs (image)
Here is how the NMs inhabiting Sheol Gaol look.

手に入れることができる装備
  「シェオル ジェール」で入手できる装備の例です。
  最大まで強化すると、下部に表示されているオーグメントが付与されます。

Obtainable Gear (image)
Examples of gear obtainable in Sheol Gaol.
Shown below are max augments.

N. Stringer
Accuracy+10 Weapon Skill Damage+5%
Automaton: Lv119 DMG+10
Lv99 PUP
[1] Automaton: Accuracy+20 Magic Accuracy+20
[2] Automaton: HP+20 (ed: lol, if not %)

Obstena(ed: maybe Obstinance?) Sash
MND+5
Enfeebling Magic Duration+5%
Lv99 WHM RDM BRD SCH
[1] Magic Accuracy+15
[2] Enfeebling Magic Skill+5

装備の入手方法
NMを討伐すると、対応した「だいじなもの」が入手できます。
  「だいじなもの」を所持した状態で、ピルグリムモーグリからギルで購入します。
  NMからのドロップはありません。

Gear Acquisition
Defeating NMs yields corresponding Key Items.
Speaking to the Pilgrim Moogle with these Key Items in your possession allows you to buy rewards with Gil.
NMs do not drop any loot directly.

装備の強化方法
一定の条件を満たすことで、「装備品の強化」と「Veng(NM戦での難易度)の設定」ができるようになります。

Veng+1以上に設定したNMでは、装備強化に必要なリエンフォースポイント(以下、RP)が獲得できます。
  入手量は、難易度や戦闘での成績によって変動します。タイムオーバーで退出となっても、そこまでに減らした敵のHPに応じてRPは獲得でき、討伐に成功することでより多くのRPが獲得できます。
  ※Veng+1以上は、占有中であれば、時間内に倒しきれなくてもHPが減った状態で再戦することが可能です。

また獲得したRPは、モグセグメントに変換することも可能です  

Gear Upgrading (image)
1. Buy gear
2. Defeating the corresponding(?) NM on difficulty (Veng)(ed: ???) +1 or above yields Reinforcement Points
3. Trade the gear to the Pilgrim Moogle

Satisfying fixed(?) contitions allows for gear upgrading and the selection of Veng (NM difficulty).
Veng+1 or above NMs yield RP.
The obtained quantity is dependent on difficulty and the battle results (ed: implies that there's more to it than just winning or losing). In the case of timing out, RP is granted based on the enemy's remaining HP. Defeating the enemy yields a great quantity.
On Veng+1 and above, if you fail to defeat the enemy within the time limit, you can retry from the same enemy HP(?).

これからのシェオル ジェール
2月以降は、新たなNMと装備品が同時に追加される予定です。
  楽しみにお待ちください!

Future Additions (image)
Sheol Gaol (February)
Add new NMs
Add new gear
We plan to add new NMs and gear together (ed: probably this is what "corresponding NM" is about) to Sheol Gaol in the future.
Please look forward to it!
[+]
By malakef 2021-01-08 14:43:19  
So...the only way to have a party of 6 is if each of you have 18 jobs 99? That line reads weird so just looking for thoughts.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 14:43:43  
Well Malakef, your sources were correct and now my head hurts reading that description. The no support job thing is very interesting, but not being able to enter solo sounds unusual to me.

Also about the whole "can't use this job again until exiting the area". I really hope this doesn't mean what I think it means. Because if it does, you're going to have to stagger your use of Geo, Corsair, Bard, and red mage/white mage across fights if you are forced to use different party setups for the 3 fights...
 Fenrir.Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2021-01-08 14:47:05  
It's not 100% clear, but the way I read it was that if you have a party of 6 players, there must be 18 total unique jobs between all players, in such a way that it's possible to assign 3 jobs to each player (presumably this is actually necessary in order to challenge 3 bosses in one run).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 14:49:45  
Well, y'all wanted "job diversity" content like voidwatch. GG to multiboxers who don't have multiple jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-08 14:52:06  
If that's true they finally took my idea of forcing you *** to not zerg everything.

Cant overbuff 3 bosses if you can only have geo for one, bard for one and cor for one

Can't smnburn either, or bullet burn or mew strats

Still; bosses will be so easy it doesn't matter.
Heal / SBDPS / buffer
PLD MNK COR
WHM NIN GEO
SCH SAM BRD

The 3 party setups and the other 9 slots don't matter
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-01-08 14:55:06  
malakef said: »
So...the only way to have a party of 6 is if each of you have 18 jobs 99? That line reads weird so just looking for thoughts.

EACH PERSON has to go a different job on each NM. So each person has to have at least three job leveled/geared to be able to participate well.

I have a question about the mog segments part since I’m kind of a n00b in Odyssey, I haven’t really touched it much other than getting the Sheol clears. How do you get them, are they hard to grind? 3000 sounds like a lot.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 14:56:43  
It also means you can't invite people for full runs who don't have diverse jobs to play, unless you minimize the number of players. SOMEONE is going to have to pay BST or DNC etc. Which is good, but you'll also need it to be geared to use. Very unique, I would say.

We have to see how it turns out, but that might also make it incredibly hard to Merc for someone unless they had a 99 job you WEREN'T planning on using. Oh god this is going to be interesting xD
 Fenrir.Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2021-01-08 14:57:21  
Segments drop at awful rates if you just pick Chests, but faster when you actually kill stuff with a party. 9,000 will be a substantial bottleneck without active Segment farming.
[+]
By malakef 2021-01-08 14:59:39  
So who else started making a list of three different 6 man parties and deciding which job gets left out?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 15:00:17  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I have a question about the mog segments...How do you get them, are they hard to grind? 3000 sounds like a lot.

Kill fodder. Kill NMs. Kill beastmen. Open chests with izzat. *Lockpick chests with keys. All of these actions reward various amounts of segments across all 3 zones, with A being the lowest and C being the highest. The number of segments you can earn per action goes up per every floor it is done on.

I.e. Killing Nostos fodder on floor c-1 rewards 25 segments, but 27 on c-2.
*There appears to be a 10 segment hard cap on lockpicking chests, not sure about coffer/aurum (think it's like 13/17). This was designed to discourage solo Odyssey thief method.

With a party, you could hope to farm around 4500-5000 just starting out with a diverse group. So about two runs would get your 9000 or so I think
 Asura.Kusare
サーバ: Asura
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-01-08 15:03:43  
call me when the double segment campaign starts in a few months.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 15:24:23  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Cant overbuff 3 bosses if you can only have geo for one, bard for one and cor for one

Can't smnburn either, or bullet burn or mew strats

You just need to find different ways to accomplish same objective. They've done it with certain Ambuscade that punish you for using support roles or specific jobs (qiqirn, frog). They have Alexander fight that punished you for giving him debuff effects, or heavily buffing yourself he will full dispel you. You can still Zerg it in some cases, but later fights you have to be creative with job setup. Need a good BST that can be your support/DD because you used RDM earlier. need a good DNC to sub heal while debuffing and DPS because you need the geo for a later fight. Ninja can tank with yonin but getting initial hate might be a possiblity with no support job (can use ninjutsu to tag I guess).

Jobs being unsub are also going to be exposed even more than ever. I guess we have to see how "very Difficult" these monsters end up being. It does sound fun though. Give me a reason to use all these jobs I geared that nobody cares about. Also linkshells who play together will have fun asking others to hop on jobs they don't play often, and you won't ever hear people say "why would you come x job when you can play y for more damage?"
[+]
By malakef 2021-01-08 15:35:08  
I think it sounds interesting. Already forming some ideas of combos and how I have to be mindful of pairing certain things together. Like if splitting the three primary supports I probably want to pair COR with RDM because COR alone wouldn’t solve for ACC issues like a brd or geo can bit distract will solve it. And then the haste issue so maybe add a blu with the cor and RDM and so on. Just require a little thoughtfulness which we don’t have much of in this game.
By Taint 2021-01-08 15:39:15  
RUN - Tank
WAR - DPS
DNC - Steps, Healing, DPS
RDM - Healing, Haste 2, Debuff
BLU - Mighty Guard, Stun
COR - DRK/WAR Rolls, DPS

PLD - Tank, Healer
SAM - DPS, SC
SCH - Healer, Burst
GEO - Buff,Debuff,Burst
SMN - Burst
BLM - Burst

PUP - Tank
MNK - DPS, Mantra
NIN - DPS, Debuff
DRG - DPS
BRD - Buff
WHM - Healer
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 15:49:08  
Thief over pup, make ninja tank, TA nin and ride yonin.

Corsair and dancer would be single wield, but with haste samba that's not a problem. In theory you could pair with Ranger and shoot, which cuts down on healing. Single axe BST makes its return, but their pets will be extremely helpful.

Lots of spicy setups I foresee.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 185 186 187 ... 424 425 426