フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 428 429 430
 Asura.Kusare
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-01-08 08:18:44  
i don't even have 3k segments from a few weeks of keying boxes, guess i'll have to stop leaving early and farm some from now on.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-08 08:19:58  
Paging on a brand new post sucks.

There's a Matsui post that requires a translation
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57656-%E3%82%82%E3%81%8E%E3%81%9F%E3%81%A6%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%8A%E3%83%BB%E3%83%87%E3%82%A3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%EF%BC%882021%E5%B9%B41%E6%9C%888%E6%97%A5%E6%94%BE%E9%80%81%E4%BA%88%E5%AE%9A%E5%9B%9E%EF%BC%89-%E3%83%80%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B8%E3%82%A7%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88

Oh snap the mobs look *** dope actually, just reskins, but nice vibrant color.

Fighting a boss requires 3000 Segments

Brand New V1 for Feb........... Ironclad
 Asura.Kronkeykong
By Asura.Kronkeykong 2021-01-08 08:34:19  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Fighting a boss requires 3000 Segments
So... 9000 per entry basically?

They got THF keyers good. Lmao.

Rip me.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-08 08:38:00  
It doesn't say (in google trans at least) whether its 1 pop per party, or whole party needs KI

So would hold any "that sucks" still someone pops out a good recap
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 08:39:06  
Seems like Sheol "Gere" will have entrance entirely separate (hopefully KIs?) from A/B/C. That would be nice for people who need to catch up on Segments by farming a run before joining a boss.

Quote:
Conditions to participate include clearing the required level and emission records.
The number of participants is 1-6 people, and the time limit is 15 minutes per NM match. You can try up to 3 NM battles per content inrush.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-08 08:46:11  
Oooooh, now THIS I like. If these boss mobs are designed well and the loot interesting enough and varied enough it might finally give us something to grind for again.

Quote:
Oh snap the mobs look *** dope actually, just reskins, but nice vibrant color.

I really like it. There's also a Matamata with a pretty rad color scheme too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 08:54:51  
Can't even lie, this is pretty detailed. I usually troll them for their lack of effort, but it does look a little in-depth.

I wonder how well Moogle Mastery translates to fighting these new bosses, since you can do it solo.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2021-01-08 09:00:01  

N. Stringer
Accuracy+10 Weapon Skill Damage +5%
Automaton: Lvl. 119 DMG+10
Lv.99 PUP

[1] Automaton: Accuracy +20 Magic Accuracy +20
[2] Automaton: HP +20

Sash
MND +5
Enfeebling Magic Duration +5%
Lv.99 WHM RDM BRD SCH

[1] Magic Accuracy +15
[2] Enfeebling Magic Skill +5
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-08 09:03:49  
The stats are enticing. I won't lie. This is the most enthusiasm I've had for a version update in over a year. I'm actually looking forward to it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-08 09:09:10  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
The stats are enticing. I won't lie. This is the most enthusiasm I've had for a version update in over a year. I'm actually looking forward to it.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if they want people enticed... don't use PUP
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-08 09:16:17  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Fenrir.Melphina said: »

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if they want people enticed... don't use PUP

Especially with stats that dont exactly look as good as the +1 version there is now. Just depends on what the dmg+10 is like vs all attributes +20.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-01-08 09:21:32  
Incoming gear that’s sidegrades at best so we can continue not doing Odyssey.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-01-08 09:28:18  
A friend that work at SE said the reward to clearing Odyssey is Mastery Rank+1
[+]
By Taint 2021-01-08 09:31:45  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Incoming gear that’s sidegrades at best so we can continue not doing Odyssey.

This entire game is side grades....

If an item has +1STR over another item people will pay 10s of millions (sometimes 100s ie. Aurgelmir Orb +1) or grind for months.
By malakef 2021-01-08 09:32:25  
I’m reading all kinds of things like sub job is locked and needing 9k segments because you have to have 3 KI to enter and then gear bought from moogle with Gil after defeating NM’s. Let’s see how this plays out...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-08 09:32:55  
Pantafernando said: »
A friend that work at SE said the reward to clearing Odyssey is Mastery Rank+1
Well, my dad that works at Nintendo at SE says that you need to kill all the bosses 5 times each for each JP category to increase!
 Valefor.Maurauc
サーバ: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2021-01-08 09:39:41  
I'm seeing something in there about an area you can enter, access your mog house and change jobs while prepping to fight the NMs? That seems like something new.
By malakef 2021-01-08 09:44:53  
Yeah it seems you have to actually change jobs and not reuse after each NM is killed.
 Asura.Kronkeykong
By Asura.Kronkeykong 2021-01-08 09:47:47  
malakef said: »
Yeah it seems you have to actually change jobs and not reuse after each NM is killed.

LOL.

This is how they're going to figure out which jobs are "weak" isn't it.

No sub job, have to use 3 jobs?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 09:58:44  
I’m reading all kinds of things like sub job is locked and needing 9k segments because you have to have 3 KI to enter and then gear bought from moogle with Gil after defeating NM’s. Let’s see how this plays out...

I didn't read this at all. It just sounded like you can't have the same two jobs in a party of 3 or more. So can't do 6PUP 6BST 6 SMN, etc. It doesn't even mention anything about subjobs, just lvl 99 is requirement.

Quote:
If you have a content rule supplement PT, the participation conditions also include a judgment that "the number of members×3 or more job levels are 99, and there is no duplication of jobs".

Also, don't see where it said sub job would be locked, enlighten me. And you don't necessarily "need" 9k segments, each fight is 3k, and you can do up to 3. Sounds like Sheol Gere is just a staging area you can do up to 3 fights, but there doesn't seem to be any other time requirement in the prep area. So it might be something like NNI where you have a starter floor to prepare, and then select the appropriate NM to start the fight, and you have 15 minutes to do so.
By Taint 2021-01-08 10:17:33  
3000 segments will push group segment farming. I’m averaging right at 2k 3 boxing with THF,BRD,RDM.

6 real players could easily double that.
By malakef 2021-01-08 10:22:02  
I’m just passing on info I have come across from various places. It’s possible all of that is *** but I also don’t trust a terrible Google translate either.

The *3 99 is being interpreted by some to actually mean you the player need at least 3 99’s to enter and not a minimum party size of 3.

The must change job is possibly being inferred from that and the fact there is a staging area that lets you job change which exist nowhere else I think? Cause I mean there is a moogle right there in Rabao where you could job change already so what’s the point? Unless maybe something random happens, like NM selection, after you enter and SE is giving you a chance to optimize? IDK really as I said I’m just passing on stuff I have read. Take it however you like.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2021-01-08 10:38:37  
Asura.Crevox said: »
Sash
Lv.99 WHM RDM BRD SCH
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 10:45:52  
Taint said: »
3000 segments will push group segment farming. I’m averaging right at 2k 3 boxing with THF,BRD,RDM.

It depends on what you do for Segments. THF is a slower and more frail DD than, say, MNK. The zone/floor of Sheol matters, and how you use Izzat on chests and decide to kill Halos is important too. I assume you are keying excess chests on THF for a split between money/segments, but keying any chests is only 10 segments. Whereas opening a chest with Izzat is 100 Segments in Sheol C iirc. When I was doing segments on MNK, I was able to hit ~3000 just doing a couple of NMs/1 Halo and a bunch of groups of monsters, spending the izzat on remaining chests on the way up. It would certainly vary based on a lot of luck (getting a weapon resistance for the job you use halo pop on first floor sucks). In groups, just messing around we hit around 4500/run, so you're right you could hit that range pretty easily if you prioritized it.

It will kind of suck for people behind on segments, because now I assume you can't earn segments in newer zone, so when people deplete their small segment supply, they will have to return to A/B/C to restock before continuing. That's going to be kind of annoying. I have like 60k segments, doing 9k every day means I will have to re-farm in C every week. So you would be kind of soft locked out of new Sheol from time to time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-08 10:54:02  
I mean, that's the goal(s)

Get people to team up instead of key for cash. Soft gate it so it extends life.
By malakef 2021-01-08 10:54:44  
Yeah the segment thing going to hit a lot of people. I’m finding many people barely have 5k. I got around 35k after just passively farming some one week. Straight up killing mobs is probably the fastest and do it in shoel C of course. Popped NM’s don’t give much of anything from what I remember and killing halo doesn’t either but killing halo and all the beastmen with it gives a good amount.
[+]
By Taint 2021-01-08 10:59:32  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Taint said: »

It depends on what you do for Segments. THF is a slower and more frail DD than, say, MNK. The zone/floor of Sheol matters, and how you use Izzat on chests and decide to kill Halos is important too. I assume you are keying excess chests on THF for a split between money/segments, but keying any chests is only 10 segments. Whereas opening a chest with Izzat is 100 Segments in Sheol C iirc. When I was doing segments on MNK, I was able to hit ~3000 just doing a couple of NMs/1 Halo and a bunch of groups of monsters, spending the izzat on remaining chests on the way up. It would certainly vary based on a lot of luck (getting a weapon resistance for the job you use halo pop on first floor sucks). In groups, just messing around we hit around 4500/run, so you're right you could hit that range pretty easily if you prioritized it.

It will kind of suck for people behind on segments, because now I assume you can't earn segments in newer zone, so when people deplete their small segment supply, they will have to return to A/B/C to restock before continuing. That's going to be kind of annoying. I have like 60k segments, doing 9k every day means I will have to re-farm in C every week. So you would be kind of soft locked out of new Sheol from time to time.

Yeah I’m in no way farming for segments. I am farming mastery/Gil.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-08 11:06:19  
I don't remember which thread it was:

Quote:
October maybe?
Better be farming the segments now or regret it later
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 11:24:05  
Quote:
Yeah I’m in no way farming for segments.
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
When I was doing segments on MNK, I was able to hit ~3000 just doing a couple of NMs/1 Halo and a bunch of groups of monsters

My numbers are probably off. I may have been closer to 2500 realistically, but I thought I had one lucky run where I made out with 3k. Probably mis-eyeballed it

Yeah the segment thing going to hit a lot of people. I’m finding many people barely have 5k. I got around 35k after just passively farming some one week. Straight up killing mobs is probably the fastest and do it in shoel C of course. Popped NM’s don’t give much of anything from what I remember and killing halo doesn’t either but killing halo and all the beastmen with it gives a good amount.

Popped NMs on C-1 give 280 segments, which translates to ~11 Nostos. You can easily fit that in if you pick the correct NM to pop. It just depends on what is faster for you, killing Nostos or downing an NM. Some NMs only take about 2 minutes to zerg down solo (Cerberus or Dvergr for example are very easy, Wyrm not bad on WAR either), so it is possible to do 2 NMs in a run while farming Nostos. I doubt you can kill 11 Nostos in under 2 minutes, unless you use something like Cruel Joke? If you can, definitely doing that is the fastest points you can get solo I agree

One Beastmen node full clear gives 450 on C-1 I think, but those monsters can take forever solo unless you're a strong DPS like MNK WAR SAM DRK. However, they reward 10 Izzat (12 with the 10 Nostos), so that's effectively 650 Segments alone for clearing a Beastmen node and using the Izzat to pop 2 chests (assuming capped chest discount):

200 (2 chests with 10 Izzat) + 250 (C1 Nostos x10 kills present at the node) + 450 (C1 Halo+Beastmen kill) + 280 (C1 NM kill) = 1180. You can do this all on the first floor probably within 12-15 minutes? It sucks doing it solo, that's for sure. Segment s parties will be a thing again.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-08 11:57:24  
As somebody who has never entered Odyssey before, I can honestly tell you all:

You are speaking French.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 428 429 430