They are going to rework some Unity Wanted equipment

Also seems like new RL Merch coming

[+]
By Tarage 2019-09-01 00:51:12  
That's a *** cute WHM jacket.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-09-01 01:09:45  
Fomors next up huh?

Heh, this'll make for some interesting setups.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-09-01 01:37:05  
Asura.Geriond said: »
I bet it's only going to be for fixed augment items, at least at first.

Even if that's true, still gonna be fantastic to be able to mule stuff like Mezzotinted Escha-Zi'tah/Ru'Aun weapons & armor, and Oboro JSE weapons (or even Delve/Adoulin coalition stuff, if people care about those).

Beyond that, we have stuff that isn't totally random (limited set of augments with varying stat per augment) like SR gear, Skirmish armor/weapons, JSE necks, Divergence weapons, Adoulin JSE capes, etc.

Then you have the ultimate in wildly random augments for stuff like Reisenjima weapons/armor.

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Change the number of stacks for some items> From 12 to 99> Examples: Abdals seals, various coupons, helm pickaxe, etc.

Please, please, please make Automaton Oils part of this.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-09-01 01:40:23  
Quote:
For THF its a really tough call offensively, because THF has a high diminishing returns on Triple attack, but has Triple Attack damage at the same time. Has very good AF+3 body for TP and Adhemar +1 gloves losing 5 store TP, but giving 4% crit rate (usually from set bonus with head or legs) and 4% Triple attack is a really hard to calculate. Amazing hybrid pieces tho. I will probably wear this on mule THF to farm Omen more safely (and faster because it's easier to link mobs to kill faster then) :D

Pretty much this. It's almost a certainty that our Artifact +3 body and Adhemar +1 will do more damage than Marignos. You're trading 11% triple attack rate (with as much as 41% damage increase) for store tp and the damage limit increase. There's no attack on them so even an exceptionally geared thief won't cap their attack on very many things in the higher Ilvl ranges unless you really go ham on the buffs, and even then the tradeoff is questionable. If you can't make use of the damage limit increase then artifact +3 and Adhemar +1 is flat out stronger, and whenever you can take advantage of it the damage benefits are still going to be pretty close.

However, it's already been mentioned that these are magnificent hybrid pieces. I would swap out Ashera harness and whatever hand I had for the current mob for both Marignos pieces in a heartbeat on anything that required a hybrid. Thief is pretty squishy, and when we're fighting higher level content our melee DpS is ok, but it's our weaponskill and skillchain potential that really eats away at the NMs HP bar. A dead thief deals no damage. I absolutely plan on farming these when I get a chance. The TP phase stats for a defensive hybrid against high level NMs is outstanding, and the magic evasion is off the charts.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-01 02:47:59  
Aerix said: »
Adhemar +1 Head/Body/Hands + Meghanada Chausses +2 + Herculean Boots is 25% gear haste, unless you're talking about BST or JSE setups. The legs have Haste+4% which isn't a lot but not unusual.
Uuuh... kinda missing what's the point of this post of yours.
I mean it! Not tryin to be aggressive! Sorry if I gave you the impression!

I truly am just wondering what were you trying to say °-°
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-09-01 02:52:16  
Didn't they say they were going to have to shut down the auction house or remove items from it if they were to change the quantity from 12 to 99? I swear I recall that being talked about.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-09-01 03:28:03  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Wonder if those 2% more open any option with low haste for any of the jobs in the list?

Only recent melee pieces with lower-than-usual Haste that I can think of are the Meghanada set and the other Ambu set for WAR/DRG etc modelled after Ares.

RDM melee sets can certainly make use of extra haste, as the job gets far fewer great melee options than other "light DDs".

For a simple example, starting with a baseline of 5/5 Ayanmo +2 is 26% haste. However, that includes the whopping Haste +9% on Ayanmo legs, which don't have much else going for them offensively aside from good acc. Let's say you wanted to use something like Taeon or Carmine +1 legs (very practical choice to do a DW+11 build with Carmine and Suppa) - both of those are only Haste +6%, leaving you to make it up in other slots (Hasty Pinion +1 being one decent spot to gain some haste while sacrificing a better ammo/ranged item). Would be pretty nice to be able to just use the Marignos body/hands to maintain capped haste!
By SimonSes 2019-09-01 04:46:22  
Haste is one thing but that massive store TP also synergies extremely well with Temper II, so it's for sure huge upgrade for melee RDM. Especially with those defensive stats on top of that.
By Aerix 2019-09-01 07:20:17  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Adhemar +1 Head/Body/Hands + Meghanada Chausses +2 + Herculean Boots is 25% gear haste, unless you're talking about BST or JSE setups. The legs have Haste+4% which isn't a lot but not unusual.
Uuuh... kinda missing what's the point of this post of yours.
I mean it! Not tryin to be aggressive! Sorry if I gave you the impression!

I truly am just wondering what were you trying to say °-°

Sorry, I accidentally edited out part of my post, but I was wondering why you were having trouble capping Haste when Adhemar Bonnet +1 and Adhemar Wristbands +1 are pretty much a staple for most of the jobs on Meghanada Chausses +2. And all the other slots usually have 4% Haste each which is enough to cap.

Just curious about what kind of gear setup you were using and on which job.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-09-01 07:24:44  
So... they gonna make mnk great again? That body looks nice
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-09-01 08:54:33  
SimonSes said: »
Haste is one thing but that massive store TP also synergies extremely well with Temper II, so it's for sure huge upgrade for melee RDM. Especially with those defensive stats on top of that.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It seems since the beginning of the year rdm has been getting buffed almost every single month lol. This is a great thing.

Now if you're going for enspell damage, I don't know if it's worth subbing out the ayanmo hands for the new gloves like what Capuchin was suggesting. I think the 17% increase to enspells will beat out 12 STP. I suppose it depends on what you're fighting. It'll be nice to see some real data. It does have 75 more magic evasion and 61 more evasion on the gloves than the ayanmo manopolas has.

Leviathan.Andret said: »

Monk is already good. You probably just haven't seen any real monk playing if you're asking that. r15 Vere are monsters.
By SimonSes 2019-09-01 09:14:15  
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Monk is already good. You probably just haven't seen any real monk playing if you're asking that. r15 Vere are monsters.

Mnk is really good for 3 minutes of impetus up then its a weak sauce for 2 minutes. WAR, SAM, Drk still has higher dps overall and not limited by 5min cd and 3min active ability. I hope MNK will get some - impetus cooldown on +2 and +3 empy armor.

new body changes nothing here tho. empy body is way too good to be replaced during Impetus.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-09-01 09:56:39  

I think Kend. +1 will do more for monk than some pdl
By Aerix 2019-09-01 10:11:07  
MNK already has pretty decent TA from gear in other slots, so given that stacking TA has diminishing returns anyway then Vere's AM3 white damage could be crazy good if you can actually fully utilize all the extra PDL instead.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-09-01 10:22:35  
MNK already has pretty decent TA from gear in other slots, so given that stacking TA has diminishing returns anyway then Vere's AM3 white damage could be crazy good if you can actually fully utilize all the extra PDL instead.

I concur.
By SimonSes 2019-09-01 11:42:51  
Are you guys talking about Impetus down or something. Empy body is unbeatable for Impetus up. Kendatsuba +1 beside having 6%TA has also 9% crit hit rate which is great stat for monk. Also monk will have a hard time stacking enough attack to cap it with so much pdl. Also monk doesnt have that much problem with TA diminishing returns, because it has af+3 feet and relic+3 legs combo which is as good as Kendatsuba while reducing TA significantly. This body is really just superior hybrid piece. it doeant improve full damage monk at all. Now gloves are intereating, especially if you want to use kendatsuba over adhemar in head and hands slots. Then in full buff situation those gloves should beat both Adhemar without set bonus and Kendatsuba.
By Aerix 2019-09-01 12:59:12  
Are you guys talking about Impetus down or something. Empy body is unbeatable for Impetus up. Kendatsuba +1 beside having 6%TA has also 9% crit hit rate which is great stat for monk. Also monk will have a hard time stacking enough attack to cap it with so much pdl. Also monk doesnt have that much problem with TA diminishing returns, because it has af+3 feet and relic+3 legs combo which is as good as Kendatsuba while reducing TA significantly. This body is really just superior hybrid piece. it doeant improve full damage monk at all. Now gloves are intereating, especially if you want to use kendatsuba over adhemar in head and hands slots. Then in full buff situation those gloves should beat both Adhemar without set bonus and Kendatsuba.

Yeah, nobody is arguing about Impetus up, that's uncontested. And you're right that stacking enough Attack would be difficult, it'd be pretty much 1hr buffed fights only that last long enough that Impetus wears off, like Wave 3 boss or certain Ambus.

And I think in those kind of situations the extra DT would be very welcome, so it's pretty much just a Hybrid piece as you said.
By cuddlyhamster 2019-09-01 19:47:45  
Quote:
so given that stacking TA has diminishing returns

where can i go to read up on this? or can someone give a summary on it
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-09-01 19:51:57  
It has static returns, or diminishing marginal returns. The more TA you have, the less each point will add as a proportion of your total damage. Realistically, it is not much of a factor in equipment choice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-01 19:58:26  
^
By cuddlyhamster 2019-09-01 20:09:10  
Thank you very much
By SimonSes 2019-09-01 21:02:06  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
^

This is good explanation of diminishing returns, but poor example for valid % for Triple Attack.

Assuming no QA, DA, kick attack.

Going from 10%TA to 15% TA is going from 1.2 attacks avg to 1.3 attacks avg, which is ~8.33% increase. Going from 50%TA to 55%TA is going from 3 attacks avg to 3.1 attacks avg, which is ~3.33% increase.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-02 02:59:20  
Those gloves and trade Moonlight for Gere and it's basically a full upgrade for THF for when you want MEVA. Potential replacement for Turms for high MEVA set, likely so actually since this comes with DT to allow for accessories to bend around what you need to keep going. Certainly stacking up things to acquire once I return...
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-09-02 09:14:21  
^

This is good explanation of diminishing returns, but poor example for valid % for Triple Attack.

Going from 10%TA to 15% TA is going from 1.2 attacks avg to 1.3 attacks avg, which is ~8.33% increase. Going from 50%TA to 55%TA is going from 3 attacks avg to 3.1 attacks avg, which is ~3.33% increase.

Technically correct but once you apply to nominal numbers it will give a different view. For example, your coffee price increases from $2.00 to $2.20, a 10% increase, will not make you feel much. Your rent going from $2,500 to $2,625, a mere 5%, will make you scream bloody murder.

Your DPS go from 1000 to 1090, a 9% increase, you would feel this is a substantial boost. If your DPS go from 5,000 to 5,150, a 3% increase, then you would feel this is not a lot but it is fairly substantial because you get a 150 boost compare to 90.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-02 09:23:36  
^

Technically correct but once you apply to nominal numbers it will give a different view. For example, your coffee price increases from $2.00 to $2.20, a 10% increase, will not make you feel much. Your rent going from $2,500 to $2,625, a mere 5%, will make you scream bloody murder.

Your DPS go from 1000 to 1090, a 9% increase, you would feel this is a substantial boost. If your DPS go from 5,000 to 5,150, a 3% increase, then you would feel this is not a lot but it is fairly substantial because you get a 150 boost compare to 90.

Then you apply those numbers and an enemy with 50k hp goes from 50s at 1k to 45s at 1090, while it goes from 10s at 5k to 9.9s at 5150 and you really don't notice.

Which is one of major reasons I get bored of some of the debates these days. When new max DPS is tenths of a second in speedier kills, DPS isn't your issue anymore.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-09-02 14:38:20  
Some people enjoy theorycrafting and minmaxing. There's nothing wrong with that.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-02 15:34:07  
Some people enjoy theorycrafting and minmaxing. There's nothing wrong with that.

That's fine when people are enjoying it. It's dumb as *** when people are berating and yelling at each other over who can situationally save half a second off a kill.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-09-02 17:10:36  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

That's fine when people are enjoying it. It's dumb as *** when people are berating and yelling at each other over who can situationally save half a second off a kill.

I agree with that, but while debates on FFXIAH often devolve into that, at least some of them stay civil and informative. I think it's worth to make the distinction between those two.
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 424 425 426