New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranger Weaponskill Sets
Ranger Weaponskill Sets
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-06-19 12:04:26  
But just swapping one piece isn't the answer.

Its the balance between the stats. The ideal example from my post veering the comparison between two different leg+feet combos. One is utilizing the relic+3 legs, one does not. In the setup with relic+3 legs, you need more mab in the other slots to make up for the loss. In the set using a wsd/mab augmented herc legs you can sacrifice some mab on the for slot in order to get more wsd.

If I use my wsd/mab augmented herc boots with my relic+3 legs, it loses over the pairing of the two wsd/mab herc pieces. The relic legs need the pure mab feet i have. So simply saying "piece A is better than piece B" is not looking at the possibility of shaking up your whole set.

Other slots you can get away with "this was my old set, now I swap in this new ring and nothing else changes." But you're missing out on what could be your true best set.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-06-19 12:06:28  
Btw perfect herc legs would be 10 agi not int. Trueflight and wildfire compute their damage with a (pAGI-mINT) comparison, not a straight dAGI like last stand or dINT like elemental magic.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-19 12:16:45  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
But just swapping one piece isn't the answer.

In that very specific question It actually is the answer...

And if you take the 10 AGI over 10INT that multiplier in particular might boost it by what 1% extra? still the narrative of acquiring perfect Herc isn't sustainable and was portrayed for fun.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
By Zyla 2018-07-24 07:23:23  
Hey would like some advice if possible to see if there is something I'm doing wrong with my ws sets. Currently when I run omen on trash mobs I'm seeing what I would consider very low dmg from both last stand and coronach. I currently use mainly rng/war and use the same WS set for both ws, which is as follows:

main="Kustwi +1",
sub="Nusku Shield",
ranged="Annihilator",
ammo="Eradicating Bullet",
head="Orion Beret +2",
body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Rng.Acc.+28','Weapon skill damage +4%','Rng.Atk.+7',}},
hands="Meg. Gloves +2",
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Rng.Acc.+29','Weapon skill damage +4%',}},
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Rng.Acc.+22 Rng.Atk.+22','Weapon skill damage +4%','Rng.Atk.+3',}},
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
left_ring="Dingir Ring",
right_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

When I compare the dmg output with fairly similar gear on other jobs to my rng ws's the difference is just big. I'm usually unbuffed, using sublime sushi, and pulling around 4k or so with coronach and 2-5k with last stand. Are my augments just total ***? Do these ws's just need to be super buffed to be effective? Advice is appreciated.
 Cerberus.Resetti
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2018-07-24 07:41:27  
On trash mobs in Omen you’re going to want to be using trueflight with a gearset that buffs MAB, WSD, and AGI. Drop a couple of max malevolence in there and you should parse higher than all jobs. Hope this helps.
By Zyla 2018-07-24 07:56:44  
I've yet to have luck getting max aug daggers to drop, nor do I have that ws unlocked, but I'll work on it. thnx. Also would it be safe to assume I should be using trueflight in general on most things? my coronach/last stand dmg on omen bosses isn't any better, and I've yet to really try rng out in a cp pt in outer raz'knar (or however it's spelled)
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2018-07-24 09:12:13  
Zyla said: »
I've yet to have luck getting max aug daggers to drop, nor do I have that ws unlocked, but I'll work on it. thnx. Also would it be safe to assume I should be using trueflight in general on most things? my coronach/last stand dmg on omen bosses isn't any better, and I've yet to really try rng out in a cp pt in outer raz'knar (or however it's spelled)

I've recently come back, so my set isn't as good as yours, but (from memory) my Last Stand on Omen bosses hit for approx. 10-16k, Coronach 7-10k. (Excluding Fu) Some spike higher on certain mobs or bosses.
Trash mobs are probably similar dmg, unless piercing weak, but I can't say I really recall.

I have a pretty weak true flight set, so I typically only use it on the skeletons, or when I'm being buffed properly for it. Otherwise, I do better with LS + Coro.

Are you getting COR + BRD / GEO buffs? I generally have two, if not all 3, so that may be a likely culprit for disparity.

Otherwise, I can't really think why you might be seeing such low numbers. Are you using gearswap? If so, it may be worthwhile to run //gs showswaps just to make sure the gear you think is being equipped is actually on your char for WS.
By Zyla 2018-07-24 09:32:49  
No I don't normally get in the kill party in my omen group unless I'm on cor, so I'm usually not getting any kind of buffs, which is why I was wondering if those ws just needed to be super buffed to be effective. Usually on my blu or cor I can hit CDC's and savage blades in the 10k range w/o buffs, with very similar melee augments compared to the ranged augments I have, hence my confusion.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-07-24 09:55:03  
Zyla said: »
I'm usually unbuffed

There's your biggest problem right there.

Your set being completely RAtt-starved isn't helping too.

WS sets that people post here are usually assuming a healthy helping of att buffs (some WSD-heavy sets might even assume capped-att), so you don't want to follow them blindly. Right now, you'll see better LS/Coronach numbers if you replace all your herc w/ Meghanada +2. At least until you can reroll your Herc (or aug another set) that is a bit more balanced.
By Zyla 2018-07-24 10:02:40  
Yea, I have the absolute worst luck with oseem. I can't seem to get any wsd augments of 4+ that has a decent amount of both r.att and r.acc, it's always one or the other T.T
By Foxfire 2018-07-24 10:05:14  
lack of AGI in your augments isn't helping either, afaik
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Mcdonalds
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2018-09-20 16:29:24  
for Jish, is Enforcer's Harness not a great option since it doesn't have ranged accuracy?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-20 19:28:31  
Mummu+2 is easier to get, MUCH higher AGI, higher crit rate, and ranged accuracy. Yes you lose the crit damage bonus and that's not to be ignored, but options like theriod greaves or darraigners brais can give that.

You could use the enforcers harness combined with an option like oshosi feet to make up the ranged accuracy and crit rate.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-09-20 20:28:03  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Mummu+2 is easier to get, MUCH higher AGI, higher crit rate, and ranged accuracy.

Not to mention a pretty significant DEX advantage, assuming you're using more than one piece of Mummu+2/ring.

Even if you were dead set on getting crit dmg, you have another better option in Meghanada +2 which has slightly more crit damage, loses the crit rate +4%, but gains a TON of Ratk/Racc and a healthy amount of AGI. Mummu's probably going to win out, though perhaps not in significantly uncapped R.Atk situations.

Quick reference:
Mummu +2 (w/ set bonus): STR+28 DEX+56 AGI+52 Racc+46 CritRate+9%
Meghanada +2: STR+34 DEX+45 AGI+41 Racc+50 Ratk+46 CritDmg+6%
Enforcer's: STR+25 DEX+42 AGI+28 CritRate+4% CritDmg+5%

Herculean Vest is another possibility that should beat Enforcer's without too much augmenting difficulty. Base stats have CritRate+3%, Racc+15, and somewhat modest attributes (STR+28/DEX+34/AGI+30). Ranged augment path can get you CritDmg+5% (Fern), some Racc/Ratk, and attribute. With such easily obtained good Ambuscade options, people probably aren't spending their Oseem effort on Herc Vests for that purpose, but you could potentially come away with something strong.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-20 21:17:17  
If this recent change to WSD sticks (doubtful) than it will be better to focus on that instead. Regardless, I would be cautious about giving up racc on Jishnus. The loss of racc on ambuscade cape and neck are substantial and you don't get to take advantage of the +100 racc on one hit ws. I would be reluctant to use anything that doesn't have a good chunk of racc Iain the body slot unless it's on fodder.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-09-21 15:46:09  
I've also been curious about whether, in addition to the current WSD applying to all hits, the initial WS hit acc/racc bonus is possibly also applying to all hits now. I'm not aware of that having been tested yet, but it would be very interesting to see and wouldn't be completely shocking to me if multihit WS have been fundamentally changed.

Also curious as to whether the WSD change might make Apex Arrow a bit more viable now. As a 4-hit non-crit WS, the current mechanics should have more of an impact on Apex than any other ranged WS.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-21 16:05:45  
Is it actually 4 hits, would be an increase if so

iirc it's single hit.

There's a big misunderstanding between what 4 attacks actually is, and what 4x damage is
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-21 16:08:40  
Apex is single hit
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-09-23 00:22:18  
Shows how much I know about Archery (Markmanship 4-life, yo). I just read the Apex description of "delivers a fourfold attack" as meaning 4-hits.

Perhaps understandable given the other Archery WS descriptions:

Arching Arrow: "Delivers a single-hit attack."
Empyreal Arrow: "Delivers a single attack."
Refulgent Arrow: "Delivers a twofold attack."
Apex Arrow: "Delivers a fourfold attack"
Jishnu's Radiance: "Delivers a threefold attack, ammunition permitting."

That's... pretty damn confusing if you're looking for consistency. And similar to the Divergence weapons' "double attack" confusion.

But, I'm sure you guys are right on Apex being single hit. So ignore my archery-ignorant previous comment ;)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-23 00:24:51  
Yeah, it's kinda stupid.

Big problem with animations too, so many people think relic ws are multihit.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [102 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Gorns
サーバ: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-01-02 13:31:47  
Aren’t Arcadian legs +3 now BIS for LS ?

At work atm so can’t really look into details
 Leviathan.Frotaut
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2019-01-17 13:07:05  
Up to date namas set? I know its not really used but I like all my sets as close to bis and not seeing anything current. Tyia
By Boshi 2019-01-17 13:17:13  
I don't think anything would be different between Last Stand and Namas except for moonshade to maybe Sherida? (vs telos?)
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2019-01-17 13:35:39  
Tyvm
 Asura.Snapster
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-17 13:39:20  
STR based ambuscade cape.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2019-01-17 15:18:08  
Instead of weapon skill damage?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Taint 2019-01-17 15:31:09  
For Namas STR vs AGI would be ~2 fSTR and the Ranged attack.

I would put that cape priority pretty far down the list.
[+]
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2019-01-17 15:58:58  
Yeah ill prob just use my wsdamage one but more than likely wont use this weapon skill again, after trials. Ya never know though lol. Ty guys for all the input!