So... Is Guildwork Dead?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » So... is Guildwork dead?
So... is Guildwork dead?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Mafai 2017-05-18 10:21:01  
Missions are pulled from LS community iirc, which is gone.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-18 10:38:24  
Mafai said: »
I see boo
By Mafai 2017-05-18 10:42:22  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
I see boo

I thought i recall rooks talking about pulling his own info from ffxi instead of relying on guildwork, and if he does that it can be implemented. I could help him as well
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2017-05-18 10:51:40  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
I see boo

I thought i recall rooks talking about pulling his own info from ffxi instead of relying on guildwork, and if he does that it can be implemented. I could help him as well

That would be amazing, as much of the mission data etc is blank for many of us
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-05-18 11:09:20  
I found the root of the flaky service crashes, so it'll get more stable once I can find Stan and get access to a particular piece of the console. The Lodestone scraper needs fixed, but what I will probably do is fix the AH version and just port it over so I only have to maintain one.

Re: missions/achievements on AH, what needs to happen AH side is I need the achievement parser to look for other ways to determine rank (like how we use Captain to compensate for the LSCOM not listing it). Generally this will work via titles, since you can't throw those away/get them from the gobbiebox, etc.

I have the bulk of this code written, but my AH dev env and my day job's dev env are highly incompatible (and on the same machine), so unless I have a couple of days to really work on something it's not worth the hassle of tearing it all apart. This weekend might have some time though, so we'll see.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jezard
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Dre
By Bahamut.Jezard 2017-05-18 11:26:15  
Guildworks is dead. Stop hanging on some faint hope that Stan will come back and fix everything. He doesn't care anymore. If he did he would of responded and gave updates. He won't give up keys cause that would mean him giving up all the free money he still making of f this site. As dead as it is I'm sure there still active hosting and premium accounts people are still paying for. It is admirable that Rook is trying to keep it going the best he can but he just wasting his time. Everyone need to cancel all premium features and stop visiting it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2017-05-20 17:06:37  
Rooks said: »
I found the root of the flaky service crashes, so it'll get more stable once I can find Stan and get access to a particular piece of the console. The Lodestone scraper needs fixed, but what I will probably do is fix the AH version and just port it over so I only have to maintain one.

Re: missions/achievements on AH, what needs to happen AH side is I need the achievement parser to look for other ways to determine rank (like how we use Captain to compensate for the LSCOM not listing it). Generally this will work via titles, since you can't throw those away/get them from the gobbiebox, etc.

I have the bulk of this code written, but my AH dev env and my day job's dev env are highly incompatible (and on the same machine), so unless I have a couple of days to really work on something it's not worth the hassle of tearing it all apart. This weekend might have some time though, so we'll see.

Ok, so I was able to communicate with Stan again, we have a back and forth, and he is under the impression you (Rooks / "Kelhor") have everything you need / full access.

It seems like you don't though, could you let me know what it is specifically you need and I can let him know, maybe we can get it

If we can what we need I feel like as a community we could fix this and keep it going, for us

Team work makes the dream work
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2017-05-20 17:09:13  
Also, we all know Rooks is awesome for doing all of this, maybe we should start a fund to support all the dev work?

I've been paying for premium as long as I can remember, would have no problem redirecting that to a new community dev team!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-05-20 17:38:06  
Ragnarok.Nanaky said: »
I've been paying for premium as long as I can remember, would have no problem redirecting that to a new community dev team!

this is basically what would need to be done. find a someone still active in the community to develop a replacement. i feel sad for people still paying for premium. they aren't getting their moneys worth.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-05-20 18:52:24  
Ragnarok.Nanaky said: »

Ok, so I was able to communicate with Stan again, we have a back and forth, and he is under the impression you (Rooks / "Kelhor") have everything you need / full access.

It seems like you don't though, could you let me know what it is specifically you need and I can let him know, maybe we can get it

If we can what we need I feel like as a community we could fix this and keep it going, for us

Team work makes the dream work

I got it literally today. There's a lot to process, but so far I've fixed the root of the constant 500 errors.

Next step is likely the XIV/XI clients, though those are large enough undertakings I'm open to suggestions on any lower hanging fruit.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-05-20 19:01:19  
Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Do you think gathering missions and the stuff playonline no longer does is viable? Or impossible/not worth the requirement of effort?

My current plan for that - sort it out based on titles/items - still seems like the best way forward. It's mostly done, just been a matter of time and testing.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-20 19:31:59  
Do you think gathering missions and the stuff playonline no longer does is viable? Or impossible/not worth the requirement of effort?

My current plan for that - sort it out based on titles/items - still seems like the best way forward. It's mostly done, just been a matter of time and testing.

If there is anything you need from the community let us know, I'm sure there are enough people here who want you to succeed that we can scrap together the necessary things.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-20 19:44:02  
Ashita users would highly appreciate being able to use a fully functional guildwork as well. Ashita's version is missing things as old as job points still, and since it's all on the closed source end inside guildwork.exe, Ashita developers aren't able to modify it. If assistance is needed with the Ashita plugin, or I can be of any help locating information, I have an in-depth knowledge of Ashita's plugin system and the ffxi packet system in general and would be glad to help.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-05-20 21:23:01  
God Emperor Rooks at it again. Should set up a Patreon dude, you do a lot of work for the community.
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-05-20 21:55:09  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
God Emperor Rooks at it again. Should set up a Patreon dude, you do a lot of work for the community.

While I appreciate the sentiment, I very deliberately do not make money for my involvement. I have two higher-priority demands on my time (wife+son, day job) that can't be compromised. I don't pay for the upkeep of the servers like His Scraggness™ or Stan do. I'm sure everyone's seen how my free time has suffered in the last couple of months; if I was getting paid, I'd feel like I either had to sacrifice something else, or just stop sleeping altogether, to justify the income. Pro bono means when I have a busy week and can't get to things, I still feel a little bad, but I don't feel like I'm a thief.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Ashita users would highly appreciate being able to use a fully functional guildwork as well. Ashita's version is missing things as old as job points still, and since it's all on the closed source end inside guildwork.exe, Ashita developers aren't able to modify it. If assistance is needed with the Ashita plugin, or I can be of any help locating information, I have an in-depth knowledge of Ashita's plugin system and the ffxi packet system in general and would be glad to help.

I know basically nothing about Ashita beyond "It's the non-Windower windower" and some basics about ashitacast. I will absolutely be picking your brain in the near future. Thanks!

Asura.Saevel said: »
If there is anything you need from the community let us know, I'm sure there are enough people here who want you to succeed that we can scrap together the necessary things.

I usually ask for volunteers in RT when I need stuff - that's where the Helping Hand badge comes from! But yeah, I will probably have a new list of things to check out, XI side and XIV side (especially XIV, since I haven't played it for real in a couple of years now and know nothing about the current state of the game).
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2017-05-20 22:02:51  
Helping hand ready to help (゜◇゜)ゞ
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-20 22:08:27  
I usually ask for volunteers in RT when I need stuff - that's where the Helping Hand badge comes from! But yeah, I will probably have a new list of things to check out, XI side and XIV side (especially XIV, since I haven't played it for real in a couple of years now and know nothing about the current state of the game).
SAM is all you need to know, apparently.
 Odin.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2017-06-17 14:59:28  

Records of Eminence seems like a good way to track, too.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-17 15:03:24  
honestly, in terms of both efficiency and reliability, mission data should come from the incoming packets that populate your mission log.. that allows you to get the exact mission you're on with no guesswork or extrapolation

(As a side note, thanks to the help of josh from windower, I was able to get the required information and add job points to ashita's guildwork plugin. This seemed as good a place as any to post it.)
[+]
 Bahamut.Samunai
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-06-17 17:45:30  
cant even load any of the guildwork pages =( says some internal error. no home page nothing. completely broken now. i could log on last week. so ppl who say he is making money off (adds) the website, well.. he wont anymore! xD
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2017-06-17 20:06:33  
Its been dead for 6+ months
 Odin.Willster
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2017-06-17 22:04:18  
Skeero sighting!
[+]
By Draylo 2017-06-18 00:45:25  
I find it incredibly ridiculous he didn't even give a warning to his paying customers that the site won't be maintained. That is very shady and sounds semi-illegal.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-06-18 01:16:06  
Bahamut.Samunai said: »
cant even load any of the guildwork pages =( says some internal error. no home page nothing. completely broken now. i could log on last week. so ppl who say he is making money off (adds) the website, well.. he wont anymore! xD

Hosting provider rebooted everything; I had it basically stabilized before that, but it should be up and running again.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By ClaudeusXI 2017-06-18 02:54:55  
/gw flush still seems not to work for me.
By Blazed1979 2017-06-18 03:32:13  
I usually ask for volunteers in RT when I need stuff
I'm good at making money. I can throw money at the problems if that helps.
I volunteer to be ffxiah.com's sugar daddy if its ever needed.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Viking
user: Gaugen
By Ragnarok.Viking 2017-06-18 04:02:45  
Cant seem to get to add my alt Ofc to guildwork. Just get message that guildwork community site is down or scraper is down. Is it even possible to add new accounts now without Linkshell community?
[+]
 Bahamut.Samunai
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-06-18 06:44:08  
Bahamut.Samunai said: »

Hosting provider rebooted everything; I had it basically stabilized before that, but it should be up and running again.

yup, its working again! ty <3
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7