Random Politics & Religion #19

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 82 83 84
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2017-02-11 15:46:07  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I've seen incredibly easy to trigger Trump supporters. So this thing that only one side does it should just be dropped.

I guess the biggest difference then is that the GOP doesn't have George Soros to fund protests designed to make people look more upset than they actually are?
Yeah, he just fund the An-tea party and call it a grassroots movement. Would it make you feel better if he used something out of the Koch brothers playbook?
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-11 16:01:44  
I'd rather put the Koch brothers and George Soros on a one-way flight to Antarctica and lock their bank accounts.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-11 16:02:48  
Hehehehehe Koch...
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-11 16:04:19  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
3. Name a law or ruling where we discriminate taking refugees based on religion. We take refugees if they have been persecuted based on religion, not just because they are a minority religion. Muslims are persecuted by ISIS because they do not practice the same version of Islam, but they would not be covered under this EO.
Muslims are persecuted in more than a few countries, China and Myanmar (Burma) to name two. They are also minority religions there.
By fonewear 2017-02-11 16:05:43  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
3. Name a law or ruling where we discriminate taking refugees based on religion. We take refugees if they have been persecuted based on religion, not just because they are a minority religion. Muslims are persecuted by ISIS because they do not practice the same version of Islam, but they would not be covered under this EO.
Muslims are persecuted in more than a few countries, China and Myanmar (Burma) to name two. They are also minority religions there.

It will always be Burma to me !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-11 16:06:09  
I find the lack of Seinfeld references to be disturbing...
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-11 16:07:16  
fonewear said: »
I find the lack of Seinfeld references to be disturbing...

Needs moar Simpson/Seinfeld crossovers.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2017-02-11 16:08:15  

1. It's not obvious enough?
2. Already done, they just want to extrapolate what he said in the campaign onto the current EO
3. Easily done, but there is a LOT of precedence for this already so I don't see why it would have to change now
1. The government gave no credible evidence. So, no it is not obvious at all. And like I said the threshold is really freaking low when the executive branch yells national security

2. No, I am not referring to the religious aspect. It is not allowed based just on a person countries of origin. There has to be actual reasons beyond a person's birth place.

1. Do they have to? Some of the information used in making the decisions is classified.

2. There has to be a reason according to who?

3. Religious minorities often face more discrimination in these countries. Wanting an expansion to the makes sense so that you can differentiate between sects, but I see no reason why simply having it be part of the application invalidates the EO.
1. ...courts make decisions dealing with national security. I have posted many rulings (some heavily redacted) on this site. There are protocols in place for the judges to be read in specifically for national security reasons. However, here they chose to claim that the court did not need any evidence.
Quote:
The Government has not shown that a stay is necessary to avoid irreparable injury. Nken, 556 U.S. at 434. Although we agree that “the Government’s interest in combating terrorism is an urgent objective of the highest order,” Holder v. Humanitarian Law Project, 561 U.S. 1, 28 (2010), the Government has done little more than reiterate that fact. Despite the district court’s and our own repeated invitations to explain the urgent need for the Executive Order to be placed immediately into effect, the Government submitted no evidence to rebut the States’ argument that the district court’s order merely returned the nation temporarily to the position it has occupied for many previous years.

The Government has pointed to no evidence that any alien from any of the countries named in the Order has perpetrated a terrorist attack in the United States. Rather than present evidence to explain the need for the Executive Order, the Government has taken the position that we must not review its decision at all. We disagree, as explained above.
1965 Immigration and Nationality Act, a.k.a. the Hart-Celler Act (An Act to amend the Immigration and Nationality Act, and for other purposes)

Numerical limitations on individual foreign states

3.it gives credence (along with comments made since Trump took office) that it is specifically meant to prioritize one religion above another. As to over turning the entire eo, I don't know. The courts haven't ruled on that aspect yet. It is throny.
By fonewear 2017-02-11 16:08:20  
It's a show about nothing...with a show about something... genius why didn't I think of that !
By fonewear 2017-02-11 16:09:37  
The only court that matters to FFXIAH is... wait for it....

By fonewear 2017-02-11 16:11:44  
Next time I'm at a party I'm going to mention the 1965 immigration act it's a great way to meet women !
By fonewear 2017-02-11 16:12:44  
Behold my esoteric knowledge of esoteric things !
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-11 18:43:14  
Trump should realize by now that....

Well he doesn't and he ain't never gunna.

You should be the ones realizing that trump is not about to break his seventy year oblivious streak and start realizing anything! important, obvious, necessary, or otherwise.

This is Donald J. Trump were talking about. HE HASN'T REALIZED HIS HAIRDO FOR FIFTY YEARS.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-11 21:43:07  
The Fates Of 5 Men Connected To The Trump-Russia Dossier
HuffPo

But despite it being HuffPo its fairly straight reporting.

Also reporting that can spawn comparison theories.

Well worth the read.
By fonewear 2017-02-12 07:34:25  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Well he doesn't and he ain't never gunna.

You should be the ones realizing that trump is not about to break his seventy year oblivious streak and start realizing anything! important, obvious, necessary, or otherwise.

This is Donald J. Trump were talking about. HE HASN'T REALIZED HIS HAIRDO FOR FIFTY YEARS.

P n R is never going to change no matter how many times you site source defend arguments or post Simpsons references...just the way it should be !
By fonewear 2017-02-12 07:34:52  
cite source *
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-12 08:46:37  
cite source *

As long as we can all agree that Canada sucks, that's fine by me.

Plus, I only came here for the violence.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-12 10:28:31  
Well, they caught one non citizen voting in Texas....

Grand Prairie woman illegally voted for the man responsible for prosecuting her

Dallas Morning News

Quote:
A Grand Prairie woman who was sentenced Thursday to eight years in prison for voting illegally voted for the man responsible for prosecuting her.

A Tarrant County jury found Rosa Maria Ortega, 37, guilty Wednesday on two counts of illegal voting.

Ortega voted in the November 2012 election and May 2014 GOP primary runoff in Dallas County knowing she wasn't a U.S. citizen, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported. Her lawyer, Clark Birdsall, told The New York Times that she voted for Attorney General Ken Paxton in 2014, as well as Mitt Romney over Barack Obama in 2012.

Ortega was sentenced Thursday to eight years and a $5,000 fine on each count. The sentences will run concurrently, said Samantha Jordan, spokeswoman with the Tarrant County District Attorney's office....
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-02-12 11:45:05  
Don't worry, I'm sure that's the only one.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-12 12:13:27  

Dallas Morning News

Quote:
A Grand Prairie woman who was sentenced Thursday to eight years in prison for voting illegally voted for the man responsible for prosecuting her.

A Tarrant County jury found Rosa Maria Ortega, 37, guilty Wednesday on two counts of illegal voting.

Ortega voted in the November 2012 election and May 2014 GOP primary runoff in Dallas County knowing she wasn't a U.S. citizen, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported. Her lawyer, Clark Birdsall, told The New York Times that she voted for Attorney General Ken Paxton in 2014, as well as Mitt Romney over Barack Obama in 2012.

Ortega was sentenced Thursday to eight years and a $5,000 fine on each count. The sentences will run concurrently, said Samantha Jordan, spokeswoman with the Tarrant County District Attorney's office....
And?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-12 12:14:05  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
cite source *

As long as we can all agree that Canada sucks, that's fine by me.

Plus, I only came here for the violence.
Stop trying to make that happen, your country is far worse!
As bad as we are, at least we live with the fact that we aren't Canadian.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2017-02-12 13:02:19  

Dallas Morning News

Quote:

Hard to pull a non-partisan outcome from this one, other than "voter fraud actually happens--albeit in proportionally tiny amounts"?

One the one side you have the predictable "well, it's a small sample-size, but given voter fraud (and resulting convictions) does indeed happen, we now have inconclusive evidence that illegal Latinos are voting Republican." ^_-

And the other-side's take-away is "well, obviously she was only prosecuted because she voted Republican in the first place--no efforts are being made to prosecute the untold billions of illegals voting for Decomcrats!" :p
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-12 13:24:30  
By Ruaumoko 2017-02-12 17:03:28  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Where is this from?

Completely ignore the judiciary?
You cannot question the actions of the president?

If your administration ignores legal processes and if you cannot question the actions of your president then you don't have a governing administration nor do you have a president, you have a regime and a dictator.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-12 17:13:52  
An interview he made I think with nbc.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-12 17:35:23  
Night of the long knives 2 electric boogaloo!

Can't wait!

/popcorn
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-12 17:48:40  
Fenrir.Schutz said: »

Dallas Morning News

Quote:

Hard to pull a non-partisan outcome from this one, other than "voter fraud actually happens--albeit in proportionally tiny amounts"?

One the one side you have the predictable "well, it's a small sample-size, but given voter fraud (and resulting convictions) does indeed happen, we now have inconclusive evidence that illegal Latinos are voting Republican." ^_-

And the other-side's take-away is "well, obviously she was only prosecuted because she voted Republican in the first place--no efforts are being made to prosecute the untold billions of illegals voting for Decomcrats!" :p
Nobody is actually complaining about what really is happening though.

I mean, you have an elected official doing his job he was elected to do, and not making it political. Of course that is the real story and outrage here. How dare Ken Paxton actually uphold the law he was sworn to protect and serve? He should be like the other state attorney generals out there and serve an agenda outside of what he was voted into office for.

God damn Texas is backwards! They have government officials doing their job (with the exception of Kerry, it took a couple of tries but we finally found out man to stand up on (let's see who gets the joke)) which is counter to the rest of the country!
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-02-12 18:05:56  
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 82 83 84