Random Politics & Religion #19

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-24 14:12:37  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
To save you your 15mins. Already know there was a 25k difference in votes but Trump and Johnson both got one electoral and Clinton got 3. Making it blue in 2016.

Asura.Saevel said: »
Other than Alaska the states with legalized recreational use of marijuana went Blue.

If we remove the data that says I'm wrong then I'm right...

Plus Maine Legalized it and they are solidly purple.

They might smoking that purple lush but it's blueberry sour diesel on the map

Wow you really don't know ....

Maine and Nebraska are the only two states that have split voting, meaning that it's not a "winner take all" state for EC's. Maine has two congressional districts which basically divide between the southern cities and the massive northern wilderness towns. In 2016 Trump won one EC vote from the Northern Congressional District while Hillary won EC from the Southern Congressional District and as Hillary has a majority she also won both senator EC votes.

So for 2016 Maine was
Republicans : 1
Democrats : 3

That's the very definition of a Purple state.

Y'all watching a movie? Cause I'm hearing a projector.

Hey look you're totally corroborated my post, good job dude.
Also purple is equal parts red and blue 1:1 or 2:2 not 3:1.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-24 14:20:47  

Ooo, a color argument. I argue that Maine is neither red nor purple, but... *consults crayon box*...

[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-24 14:33:44  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
a US state where the Democratic and Republican parties have similar levels of support among voters.

Umm you just described Maine....

Both parties have heavy support within the same, the difference being that the State's conservative faction isn't an overly religious one and are more concerned about economics then social issues. Seeing as the Republican party has been releasing nothing but "Pray to Jesus for my Breakfast cereal" candidates since the early 90's the Conservatives have been really pissed off.

So you have the southern coastal cities like Portland and Augusta being liberal and the central and northern cities like Bangor, Presque Isle and Caribou being conservative. The voting system inside the state ensures that neither side can suppress the other like they do in California, New York and Texas.

After Olympia Snowe resigned there was an election for her seat which was hilarious. The conservatives had Charlie Summers (R) and liberals had Cynthia Dill (D), then Angus King (I) stepped in. Dill got crushed with only 13.2% of the total vote, nobody wanted her as she was the typical Democrat from Portland. The real competition was between King (52.9%) and Summers (30.7%) and while Summers was a pretty popular guy, King is a local legend / hero (former Governor and super businessman) and easily won the seat. Last year Maine had it's election for the other Senate seat occupied by Susan Collins (that Republican who occasionally votes with the Democrats) and she easily destroyed her Democrat opposition by 413,495 to 190,244.

That's why Maine is Purple, both parties have equal support and voice in the states government. Unlike the other purple states Maine rarely swings wildly one way or another and the politics are a lot more stable as both parties tend to work together and compromise rather then trying to tear each other apart in a screaming contest. The entire reason Olympia Snowe resigned was that she was tired of both parties in congress doing nothing but screaming at each other and not working together.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-24 14:40:50  

WTF you smoking? There isn't a single state in the USA that's purple by that definition.

Florida 29:0
Ohio 18:0

In fact out of every single state that voted, Maine is the only state that wasn't 100% to one candidate or the other as Trump won all 5 of Nebraska's EC's.

So far it's been a pretty bad attempt at trolling...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-24 14:44:54  
Cerise was wrong. I got that backwards.

I give unto you "blurple".

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-24 14:45:00  
To save you your 15mins. Already know there was a 25k difference in votes but Trump and Johnson both got one electoral and Clinton got 3. Making it blue in 2016.

So you really didn't know.

Maine only has two congressional districts not three and a total of four votes (2 district + 2 senator). At least know how the voting system of your country works before shoving your foot into your mouth. Trump won the Northern Congressional district and got 1 EC, Clinton won the Southern Congressional district and got 1 while she also won the total state popular vote by 22K and got the two bonus votes. Thus both Democrats and Republicans got Presidential votes in 2016, with Maine being the only state in the Union to do so.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-24 14:45:28  
Given the time your wasting based on word per post I'd wager it's fairly successful.

Except I'm not trolling.

Reality is, the truth is can always be simply stated. You're categorically wrong on this nuanced point, which is why your posts are convoluted and obnoxiously long winded.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-24 14:47:21  
You're categorically wrong on this nuanced point, which is why your posts are convoluted and obnoxiously long winded.

You have yet to demonstrate that while I've demonstrated my point very well.

I get that it's now personal for you but at least chose a decent hill to die on.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-24 14:48:38  
Oh so I misspoke on Johnson doesn't change a thing though In terms of you being wrong and wanting to be contrarian cause your ego is damaged.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Maine,_2016

You get a cookie for your efforts though.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-24 14:53:53  
You've been wrong since the beginning and keep dancing around and redefining terms to try to "win" and make it personal.

Maine as the only state in 2016 to give votes to both candidates. It's purple and stamping your foot and pointing your finger won't demonstrate otherwise.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-24 14:55:38  

Since you really wanna push the issue, I wonder what non-existent definition your using now.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-24 14:59:04  
3 blue, 1 Red. Youre acting like that kid trying to ram a rectangular peg into a triangular slot.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-02-24 15:01:35  
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-24 15:03:06  
http://pinetreepolitics.bangordailynews.com/2016/02/03/you-now-live-in-a-purple-state/

Quote:
The reason this is important is because of Maine’s large unenrolled population. These voters in Maine, as I have been desperately trying to tell people for years, are not members of the center-left coalition. There is a reason that no Democrat has won a majority of voters in a statewide election since 1988, and have lost 14 out of the last 16 statewide elections. That reason is that unenrolled voters in this state are independently minded conservative voters.

Quote:
Luckily for us, Gallup didn’t just ask about partisanship. It asked about political ideology as well. That tells us even more about political sensibilities than party affiliation would, and that provided even worse news for hard-core progressives.

In Maine, it turns out, self-identified conservatives outnumber self-identified liberals, 35.4 percent to 24.2 percent.

That represents a 3.7 percentage point advantage for the right in party affinity, and an 11.2-point advantage in ideological affinity.

This is, at the very least, a purple state. But my instincts for a long time have said that this is perhaps a marginally red state.

The myth that Maine is a blue state comes almost entirely from two things. First, the fact that Democrats have won the last six presidential elections in this state. Second, they have had, until very recently, an ironclad grip on the Legislature.

Quote:
The first is more a matter of the peculiarities of presidential politics. 1992 saw Ross Perot split the vote and hand Maine to Bill Clinton. 1996 saw a popular Democrat winning re-election in an overwhelming fashion. 2000 and 2004 saw a southern evangelical social conservative running as the Republican candidate, which isn’t a particularly good fit for a secular New England state. 2008 and 2012 saw terrible Republican candidates running against a uniquely talented Democrat.

In other words, there hasn’t really been a Republican who was in a position to do all that well in a presidential contest for a very long time. So, surprise! They haven’t done all that well.

http://www.pressherald.com/2012/04/08/independents-shape-political-scene_2012-04-08/

So yeah, Maine's been in the middle for a long *** time.

And BTW your speaking to a Mainer, I kinda grew up in Northern Aroostook County.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-24 15:03:45  
3 blue, 1 Red. Youre acting like that kid trying to ram a rectangular peg into a triangular slot.

That's not what defines a purple state....
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-24 15:06:01  
And the coupe de grace

Percentage of people who identify as either Republican or Democrat

[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-02-24 15:09:43  
The White House just barred CNN, The Los Angeles Times, Politico, The New York Times, The Hill, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC etc. from attending a press briefing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-24 15:10:02  

Since you really wanna push the issue, I wonder what non-existent definition your using now.

You think it's me that's pushing the issue and making it personal? Ooook.

But that is a nice map where all the blue states are purple.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-24 15:12:22  
And the coupe de grace

Percentage of people who identify as either Republican or Democrat

https://bdn-data.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs.dir/53/files/2016/02/114th_US_Congress_House.png

You lost about 5 posts ago also that's February 2016 not post November 2016. You should learn to read the subtext of pictures and their file names.

Toodles.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-24 15:15:29  
/Sigh

Dude just doesn't know when he's beat. Typical Progressive, when wrong just imagine your right and keep on going.

This is Bush level "Mission Complete" ***here
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-24 15:33:59  
I'll take that as your surrender then. Wasn't the best hill for you to die on but you died honorably.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-24 15:40:46  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
The White House just barred CNN, The Los Angeles Times, Politico, The New York Times, The Hill, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC etc. from attending a press briefing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-24 15:42:26  
I'll take that as your surrender then. Wasn't the best hill for you to die on but you died honorably.

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-24 16:01:24  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Pretty much, was like "WTF is wrong with this guy", began to think I was in a scene out of Monty Python.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-24 16:06:42  
I see you took the potion of resist intelligence.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-24 16:09:24  
It's hard to tell, nobody is attacking him with any.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-24 16:27:56  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It's hard to tell, nobody is attacking him with any.

Nobody expects you to know what intelligence would sound or look like given your post and + history.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84