Random Arguments & Strawmen #15

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 46 47 48
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-06 17:21:28  
I imagine the secret service will be taking Trump's phone and whatnot when he's sworn in. They took Obama's BlackBerry.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-06 17:24:18  
But Obama IS BlackBarry.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2016-12-06 17:24:36  
God what is wrong with me sometimes..
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-06 17:25:56  
I admit, when typing that I found it kinda funny that the first black president had his BlackBerry confiscated by his secret service.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-06 17:28:26  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I imagine the secret service will be taking Trump's phone and whatnot when he's sworn in. They took Obama's BlackBerry.
God I hope so.

Maybe this time they won't let the SOS have a basement email server in their house.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-06 17:32:27  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I admit, when typing that I found it kinda funny that the first black president had his BlackBerry confiscated by his secret service.

Leave the FoTUS's ladies parts out of it. Stay Classy y'all!
By Yatenkou 2016-12-07 01:16:49  
Michigan recount has been ordered to stop by the state's court of appeals. It's over ladies and gents.

Hearings for the Pennsylvania recount will be tomorrow I think.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-07 06:54:41  
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-07 08:42:52  
Candlejack said: »
Trump let the idiot who started the facts I don't like story go.
Yeah, we should totally try him for treason.

I mean, he was just elected President, but even though he hasn't been sworn in and started the job, he allowed such brutality to take place! That just shows that he is unqualified for the job and should be impeached, tried for treason, and hung on war crimes!

Never mind that no president has direct controls over lunatic's actions, and what you are proposing is unconstitutional (1st Amendment says hi).
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-07 08:50:57  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
God what is wrong with me sometimes..

you're posting on a third party hack website for a dying fifteen year old japanese on line video game that none of your friends or family has ever heard of and they all look at you weird if you mention things from it. on the rare occasion that you do venture outside the sun hurts your eyes, you get tired walking and nobody that you speak to gives you any quests to do... if you travel faster than a walk you hear chocobo music. if you see a lamppost you check the time because you want to light it. you hesitate buying things in the real world because you don't want to waste gil since you are saving up for an R/M/E weapon. the music in your head changes when you go into a city....

/takes a deep breath
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-07 09:42:23  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Also, a wild week so far on the media front. Some loon from North Carolina walked into a pizza joint that had been at the center of the PizzaGate facts I don't like story and tried to shoot the place up. He's still behind bars this morning and Trump let the idiot who started the facts I don't like story go. Just further evidence that sites like InfoWars and networks like Fox News, need the plug pulled on them.

Not a good idea, it's not even a solution, insane people will get their "information" from somewhere else, it won't help a bit.

There's no perfect solution here, but starting with better education and mental health screening is a good idea, but it's expensive and hard to apply.

Yep and then they feel all geeked and justified as a rogue pirate media operation on the run from the tyrannical establishment they've been warning you about. On top of that the audience loves the ***out of that kind of cred' and reputation.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-07 09:46:27  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

While that is *** LOL material, it's also somewhat amusing how well that goat represents me.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-07 09:59:01  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
eliroo said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
This is a mathematical fallacy and makes no sense.

How? I don't see how its a mathematical fallacy at all, nor how it doesn't make sense. You can explain.

You said that the top 1% that owns 35% of the wealth should pay 35% of the taxes. For starters, you don't pay taxes on wealth. If we backtrack and assume you mean income, not only would the numbers be different you seem to suggest that the share of taxes should be 1:1 proportional to the share of income, and the only realistic way to do that would be a flat tax rate for everyone and I kinda doubt that's what you were going for. As it stands, your argument doesn't make sense.

I didn't mean income, actually if you read what I posted, I explained how the income tax is actually fair % wise, and if anything the 1% are paying more on income tax, after tax returns, then the other 99%.

You are trying to take my statement as an exclamation of how our tax system currently works, which wasn't what I was saying. KN also made the same mistake. And continued to make the same mistake even when I repeatedly explained that the people aren't at fault for using our taxing system to their fullest extent. I wouldn't argue about the intricacies of something that I don't fully understand, which I doubt anyone here fully understands(Unless someone has a degree in tax law).

I was simply providing arguments for why we should consider changing the tax system to be more "fair", most of the arguments are not my own but others and I even provided sources which all included information as to what can be fixed and why and some proving that they are fair.

I do however believe we need to re-evaluate our tax system and how we are spending our tax dollars. Outside of issues like welfare and medicaid we have things like education and infrastructure that need additional funding. Contrary to republican belief, the government does need more taxes and it is very clear that trickle-down economics doesn't work.

Economics and taxing are all about cause and effect but its nigh impossible to factor in the "human" aspect of it.
By fonewear 2016-12-07 09:59:25  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

I try to avoid them but for people that believe in "nothing" they sure like to *** a lot !
By Ramyrez 2016-12-07 10:00:32  
fonewear said: »
I try to avoid them but for people that believe in "nothing" they sure like to *** a lot !

Please do not confuse atheists with nihilists!

...or we'll cut off your Johnson.

By fonewear 2016-12-07 10:00:42  
For a thread that is politics and religion. It could be changed to politics and angry atheists...that would be more accurate.
By fonewear 2016-12-07 10:01:15  
Ramyrez said: »

Please do not confuse atheists with nihilists!

...or we'll cut off your Johnson.

Don't preach to me atheist !
By eliroo 2016-12-07 10:02:07  
Atheism is the religion of being more right than everyone else and making sure everyone else knows it.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-07 10:03:34  
eliroo said: »
Atheism is the religion of being more right than everyone else and making sure everyone else knows it.

Here I was thinking that was being a mother with a dataphone.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-07 10:03:50  
I'll take an overbearing Christian every day that admits they can be wrong. Then some neckbeard that refuses to be wrong.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-07 10:05:34  
I'll take an overbearing Christian every day that admits they can be wrong.

By definition admitting they could be wrong sort of negates the overbearingness.

Also, let's be clear on something. My need to always be right is entirely separate from the atheism.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-07 10:06:19  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Also, a wild week so far on the media front. Some loon from North Carolina walked into a pizza joint that had been at the center of the PizzaGate facts I don't like story and tried to shoot the place up. He's still behind bars this morning and Trump let the idiot who started the facts I don't like story go. Just further evidence that sites like InfoWars and networks like Fox News, need the plug pulled on them.

Not a good idea, it's not even a solution, insane people will get their "information" from somewhere else, it won't help a bit.

There's no perfect solution here, but starting with better education and mental health screening is a good idea, but it's expensive and hard to apply.
Gramps always said he thought mental health screening should be mandatory for anyone looking to buy a gun. His reasoning was if you have nothing to fear from the screening, then you won't mind going through it to purchase a firearm.

The problem with this is what determines a mental health issue and what determines what issues a person can't have if they have a gun. Also how much would the screening cost and who would do it. On papers it a great idea but you need to remember that people will be determining all of this. It will end up being a terrible idea.

Better background checks would be a great idea but as someone in the Gun industry, I can tell you that gun laws are strictly enforced by the sellers and people are denied weapons all the time.

The stricter Gun-law argument is stupid, do people not know what happened during prohibition and the drug war? Are we just gunna try to get history to repeat itself?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-07 10:07:05  
Overbearing Atheists vs underwhelming nihilists
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-12-07 10:07:09  
Saying every atheist is a neckbeard who refuses to be wrong is like saying every Muslim is a terrorist and every Christian is part of the Westboro Baptist Church.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-07 10:08:25  
Asura.Dameshi said: »
Saying every atheist is a neckbeard who refuses to be wrong is like saying every Muslim is a terrorist and every Christian is part of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Wait these statements aren't true?
By fonewear 2016-12-07 10:08:42  
Ramyrez said: »
I'll take an overbearing Christian every day that admits they can be wrong.

By definition admitting they could be wrong sort of negates the overbearingness.

Also, let's be clear on something. My need to always be right is entirely separate from the atheism.

I don't know I think atheism is 90% being a smug *** and 10% not caring...
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 46 47 48