Random Arguments & Strawmen #15

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 46 47 48
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-06 13:58:25  
I just like silver more than gold. Who cares about your silly economix.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-06 13:59:48  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Because it's common knowledge that the 1% wealth owners pay 45.7% of all federal taxes. They own 35% of all US wealth (according to you), but they pay 45.7% of all federal taxes, according to multiple sources (IRS included).

That's not how it works and you know it. You are being taxed on your income and not your wealth.
I didn't say that they were. You are either misinterpreting what I stated or just being obtuse to make a snark comment (or set one up for somebody else to make).

So what did you mean?
He defined a group of people based on the total wealth they owned. He went onward to address their average tax rate assuming that's the total % of their wealth they paid.

I stated that they paid almost half of all federal taxes in a year.

You should be going after him for making such an easy mistake, not me. But you seem to like to attack my points (and only my points, nobody else's) constantly for some reason.....

I would have corrected Eliroo, but you are honestly more qualified than me when it comes to this, but I felt like you gave a wrong (or let's say confusing) answer.
I thought I was clear in my response. Sorry if it wasn't clear to you.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-06 14:00:37  
Asura.Dameshi said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Economically speaking, copper would an even better choice as copper prices has been generally on the rise whereas gold and silver prices haven't been doing all that well. A push for new construction will possibly see the price go even higher. If we are to begin repairing our infrastructure, surely copper is a safe choice. (I tried...)
where are you getting your info on copper going up? it lost 1.15% today

all my info has all precious metals in the downward trajectory.
His news come from 2012, when copper prices were skyrocketing at the time.

Don't blame the slowpoke for being slow.
Wait, I'm supposed to look at facts and not just spew forth whatever I feel is the truth? Good thing I'm not in politics.

These facts you speak you sure they just aren't loud opinions ?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-06 14:00:50  
Economically speaking, copper would an even better choice as copper prices has been generally on the rise whereas gold and silver prices haven't been doing all that well. A push for new construction will possibly see the price go even higher. If we are to begin repairing our infrastructure, surely copper is a safe choice. (I tried...)

Wait, I'm supposed to look at facts and not just spew forth whatever I feel is the truth? Good thing I'm not in politics.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-06 14:00:57  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Silver color is best color.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-06 14:02:00  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Silver color is best color.
I'm partial to platinum myself.

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-06 14:05:33  
fonewear said: »

It depends on who you ask. If you asked the ultra-feminist valedictorian of my high school class, the answer would be yes.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-06 14:07:17  
I've heard rumors of some city in California that is super liberal...that in fact think that driving a Prius will save the world no less !

Save the world from what? Enjoying being behind the wheel?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-06 14:09:35  
Meanwhile, I just spotted this article title:

Quote:
Why is this bird donned tiny goggles to flew through lasers?

Go home, Christian Science Monitor. You're drunk.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-06 14:12:05  

It depends on who you ask. If you asked the ultra-feminist valedictorian of my high school class, the answer would be yes.

Ultra feminist...*shuddering intensifies*

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-06 14:13:58  

Made me look! lol

<~has been waiting for precious metals to bottom out
By fonewear 2016-12-06 14:25:23  
I was just reading in Dante's Inferno that are so called corrupt politicians will enjoy the 8th circle of hell "Corrupt politicians, who made money by trafficking in public offices (the political analogue of the simoniacs), are immersed in a lake of boiling pitch, which represents the sticky fingers and dark secrets of their corrupt deals.[79] They are guarded by demons called the Malebranche ("Evil Claws"), who tear them to pieces with claws and grappling hooks if they catch them above the surface of the pitch.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-06 14:28:52  
I was just reading
What did I tell you about that!

Bad fone, bad!

*rolls up newspaper*
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-06 14:31:37  
If you read between the lines Hillary gets mention a lot in the inferno...
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-12-06 15:58:09  
I guess Trump said something about the government contract with Boeing and the liberal media are outraged of course.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-boeing-air-force-one-232243
Watch. He will want to keep using his own plane, but bill the government for the cost of its use of it over the next 4 years.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-06 16:18:29  
The plane in question isn't planned to be put in use until 2024.
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
I guess Trump said something about the government contract with Boeing and the liberal media are outraged of course.

Watch. He will want to keep using his own plane, but bill the government for the cost of its use of it over the next 4 years.

This wouldn't surprise me since they're already advertising the Secret Service as an amenity to prospective buyers for condos at Trump Tower.

#TrumpForce1
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-06 16:33:38  
Not likely. Air Force One may not be as luxurious, but for communication and security purposes it can't be beat. Not to mention the fact that there is an identical decoy/backup plane. Trump will fly on Air Force One like a good little president, because retrofitting his plane with EMP protection, a medical facility, a pharmacy, etc. and then making another identical version will never happen.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-06 16:42:58  
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »

Sounds like someone wants an airplane of their own...
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-06 16:43:49  
You know it's a slow news day when we are talking about airplanes and not Syria entering the 8th circle of hell !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-06 16:45:50  
I know it's text and doesn't easily convey to the biased reader but that post was facetious.
By fonewear 2016-12-06 16:46:58  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I know it's text and doesn't easily convey to the biased reader but that post was facetious.

Biased reader sorta like when I read the Huff Post to reinforce my feminist ideologies !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-06 16:47:45  
Well, when I get my own private plane, I'm gonna put in big letters on the sides:

AIRPLANE
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-06 16:48:18  
We all know the only unbiased news outlet is the New York Times they hold the key to wisdom and...unpaid intern journalists !
By fonewear 2016-12-06 16:51:28  
Well, when I get my own private plane, I'm gonna put in big letters on the sides:

AIRPLANE

Have you seen Trump's airplane it is glorious:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-06 17:03:00  
Not likely. Air Force One may not be as luxurious, but for communication and security purposes it can't be beat. Not to mention the fact that there is an identical decoy/backup plane. Trump will fly on Air Force One like a good little president, because retrofitting his plane with EMP protection, a medical facility, a pharmacy, etc. and then making another identical version will never happen.
What about coating all the insides of the AF1 with gold instead? Oh and obviously adding the name Trump to the side.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-06 17:04:13  
What about coating all the insides of the AF1 with gold instead? Oh and obviously adding the name Trump to the side.
I'm surprised Obama hasn't done that already.

Then again, nobody really looks at the interior of AF1.....
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-06 17:09:39  

Ain't just the liberal media, the financial media is rather alarmed at this too.

Boeing stock dropped 1% on that news.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-06 17:14:50  
If everyone is going to get freaked out every time Trump says a thing, it's going to be a loooooooong 4-8 years for Wall Street. The man pulls Tweets out of his rear end, it's time to just get used to it and not overreact.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-06 17:18:16  
He's going to love having the @POTUS account to use too.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-06 17:19:44  
If everyone is going to get freaked out every time Trump says a thing, it's going to be a loooooooong 4-8 years for Wall Street. The man pulls Tweets out of his rear end, it's time to just get used to it and not overreact.
I'm surprised he hasn't been impeached yet.

Or tried for treason.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 46 47 48