Random Arguments & Strawmen #15

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48
By eliroo 2016-12-09 16:38:11  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Nothing in the Universe is random

This isn't true, if we can't explain the reason why something happened then it is random. Even if there actually is a reason.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-09 17:54:38  
Yatenkou said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Hillary is not relevant anymore, Trump is the president elect. Nobody cares about Hillary.
No, you don't understand. Just because she lost, doesn't mean she shouldn't answer for her crimes....

But the main thing I'm trying to stress: Someone needs to just launch a *** investigation on her...
Launch AN investigation!!??!!

Over the last 20 years the GOP has spent over 50 million of the taxpayers dollars investigating the Clintons. Despite all their efforts, no crimes were uncovered. They did get a stained blue dress, and president elect Trump, But not a single crime. And do remember that the standard for Republicans is "never indited".

Quote:
Someone claimed that Clinton was no longer relevant, so I am proving she is still relevant in all of this.
If you think she is still relevant, just count the investigation launched under the Trump administration.
By fonewear 2016-12-09 18:04:50  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Yatenkou said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Hillary is not relevant anymore, Trump is the president elect. Nobody cares about Hillary.
No, you don't understand. Just because she lost, doesn't mean she shouldn't answer for her crimes....

But the main thing I'm trying to stress: Someone needs to just launch a *** investigation on her...
Launch AN investigation!!??!!

Over the last 20 years the GOP has spent over 50 million of the taxpayers dollars investigating the Clintons. Despite all their efforts, no crimes were uncovered. They did get a stained blue dress, and president elect Trump, But not a single crime. And do remember that the standard for Republicans is "never indited".

Quote:
Someone claimed that Clinton was no longer relevant, so I am proving she is still relevant in all of this.
If you think she is still relevant, just count the investigation launched under the Trump administration.

Merry Christmas:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Zerowone 2016-12-09 18:55:21  
Over the last 20 years the GOP has spent over 50 million of the taxpayers dollars investigating the Clintons

Yet several of the malignant GoP constituents cant handle two days of media criticism towards their politicians/policies/agendas.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-09 19:14:02  
Speaking of fringe left wing outrage, Jennifer Lawrence scratches butt on magic rock, is the most evil white person ever to white person.

I get the source of their outrage.

Yet I've a feeling the same people getting (disproportionately) upset with her are perfectly happy to defend flag burning as free speech.

She showed a casual disregard for an item's sacred nature to a certain group of people. It wasn't malicious. It was just a person doing a silly, slightly inappropriate but otherwise forgivable thing.

Now, I will defend flag burning as free speech, even though I think it's misplaced rage and just an ultimately trivial thing to do that gets you nowhere. But I also don't give a *** about someone's magic rock. (Or piece of cloth, golden idol, Ark of the Covenant, whatever).

Inversely, I find the outrage over this almost intrinsically hypocritical.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-09 22:20:51  
Kinda like say... pissing on the Blarney Stone vs pissing on the Kaaba Stone?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-09 23:27:21  
fonewear said: »
Remember when this happened:

Is this some of that facts I don't like I'm hearing about?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-10 11:49:56  
ISIS is now apparently back in Palmyra and fighting against the Syrian army
By Yatenkou 2016-12-10 14:53:50  
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/12/explosions-reported-turkey-istanbul-161210193908896.html

boom boom in Turkey
By Viciouss 2016-12-10 16:17:19  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
ISIS is now apparently back in Palmyra and fighting against the Syrian army

Looks like Russia just withdrew and ISIS walked into the city. Maybe Putin will throw another concert.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-10 19:53:20  
Sounds like Putin and al-Assad had a fight and Putin wanted to remind Bashar that he really needs him. Coincidentally, there was suicide bombing outside Vodafone Arena in Turkey tonight.

Also, word around the camp fire is that ExxonMobil CEO and Rex Tillerson will be nominated to position Secretary of State. I'm sure the press will have some questions about his dealings with Russia and Putin. While, I'm sure Trump supporters will get upset that people have those questions.
By Viciouss 2016-12-10 20:19:29  
Something tells me the Republicans in Congress that have announced hearings to investigate Russia's role in the hacking of the DNC aren't going to go for a guy that has received the Order of Friendship award from Vladimir Putin.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-10 20:44:01  
Something tells me that the people who can't get over losing the election 4 times running are going to place blame on any/everything they can to justify being caught being as shady and corrupt as everyone thought they were.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-10 20:48:55  
Senate Democrats Have One Shot At Saving SCOTUS - Will They?
Crooks and Liars which seems to be a left wing source.

And not unless the Dems grow a pair and want to give the GOP the finger REALLY hard. Of course the grow a pair is not going to happen.

Quote:
It is now time for Senate Democrats to take their shot at saving this country from fascists assuming the reins of power in January. It can be done, but it will require them to be courageous and aggressive.

David Waldman (KagroX on Twitter) has outlined how they can confirm Judge Merrick Garland on January 3rd for the few minutes that they will be the majority in the Senate. Waldman is a long-standing expert on Senate procedure and political plays. He was one of the first to call for passage of the ACA via reconciliation in the Senate after Scott Brown was elected.

Here it is, in a nutshell.

On January 3, 2017, Democrats will hold the majority in the Senate for a few minutes, until the newly-elected Senators are sworn in. Biden could convene the Senate in those few minutes and call for a vote. The majority could then suspend the rules and vote in Merrick Garland.

The key here is that VP Biden would have to be willing to convene the Senate and recognize Senator *** Durbin instead of Mitch McConnell. Durbin moves to re-nominate Garland, and Senate Democrats then vote to confirm him. They will have a quorum for those few minutes.

It's bold. Garland would be confirmed by 34 Democrats and no Republicans. It will certainly enrage Republicans, but they're already enraged and full of hubris about how they're going to screw Democrats anyway, so what do they really have to lose?

Not much. It takes courage. It takes a resolve to do what's right for this country, to reclaim the Supreme Court nomination Republicans think they stole from us. It takes backbone.

Here's where the rubber meets the road. We're not talking about "comity" anymore. We're talking about conviction and confirmation.

Here are Waldman's tweets. Let's start making some noise about this. Call everyone. Get Bernie Sanders on board, fired up. Let's DO THIS.
Tweets in the link
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-10 20:50:58  
Not possible, mainly because no new business can be done without swearing in the new Senate.

That's in the Senate rulebook.

So, nuts to them.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-10 20:58:54  
Its like this has a window that is less than an hour. So its possible.

But only if the whole Demoratic party wants to be as big *** as the GOP has been for the last 8 years.

Think they can? I don't.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-10 21:03:51  

But only if the whole Demoratic party wants to be as big *** as the GOP has been for the last 8 years.

Think they can? I don't.
Nope

Quote:
Senate floor proceedings are governed not only by the Senate's standing rules and precedents, but by various customary practices. Generally, these practices expedite business, but require unanimous consent.

Since having hearings on SC Justices outside of normal legislative proceedings require a unanimous consent from the floor, like I stated before, it's not going to happen.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-10 22:06:04  

Saying 29 dead 166 injured now after 2 explosions and gunshots

One car bomb (against police) and a suicide bomber and witnesses report gunshots after the explosions
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-10 22:29:18  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Think they can? I don't.
Nope

Quote:
Senate floor proceedings are governed not only by the Senate's standing rules and precedents, but by various customary practices. Generally, these practices expedite business, but require unanimous consent.

Since having hearings on SC Justices outside of normal legislative proceedings require a unanimous consent from the floor, like I stated before, it's not going to happen.

Talk about undemocratic...

The alt-left is just straight up throwing away the concept of Democracy. Guess they really do believe in "The ends justify the means" and will do anything to get what they want.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Zerowone 2016-12-11 00:43:53  
Viciouss said: »
Something tells me the Republicans in Congress that have announced hearings to investigate Russia's role in the hacking of the DNC aren't going to go for a guy that has received the Order of Friendship award from Vladimir Putin.

Well it should get interesting since the CIA weighed in and then Trump took to twitter to weigh in on the CIA.

If the CIA has legitimate proof; these next 60 days might have some intriguing precedents.
By Yatenkou 2016-12-11 10:32:03  
Zerowone said: »
Viciouss said: »

Well it should get interesting since the CIA weighed in and then Trump took to twitter to weigh in on the CIA.

If the CIA has legitimate proof; these next 60 days might have some intriguing precedents.
I highly doubt they do, if they actually did have proof they would have published it. The fact they used "secret" in their investigation already gave me a tip that they're going to lie out their ***. People are going to get pissed off because of it, and Obama's lame duck period is going to be hell because no one is taking him seriously. In all honesty, the people are loving Trump, look at the reaction he got when he attended the Army/Navy football game yesterday, the people loved it.

If they deny Trump the White House and refuse to show proof, it'll get ugly fast.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-11 12:00:02  
Cathedral in Cairo was bombed, at least 25 dead

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-11 14:24:55  
I also analyzed my ham sandwich to show how the colors and shapes portrayed a deep sense of foreboding.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-11 15:53:38  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Something tells me that the people who can't get over losing the election 4 times running are going to place blame on any/everything they can to justify being caught being as shady and corrupt as everyone thought they were.
Ouch that sissles like a chilli's hot plate.

(Ssssssssssssss)
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-12-11 16:35:10  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I also analyzed my ham sandwich to show how the colors and shapes portrayed a deep sense of foreboding.

It's so insanely subversive, though!

Just from the pose, we can glean so much of the artist's intent--most obviously Trump as president-elect is clearly and literally turning his back on time! Such gall, such indignity, such conceit inherent to his character! @_@;;

And clearly his left hand is holding his right. The artist obviously intends to convey that Trump's non-conformist/outsider-to-GOP stance comes from a deep-seated and secret leftist desire to control the right! Beware what the next four years hold!

And Trump is clearly shown in a seated position, with his legs obscured. Are we to assume he even has legs? Is the artist secretly implying Trump has no legs on which to stand?

/rolls eyes 9_9;; Having sat through many classroom peer-critiques in art school, I do think there is such a thing as too much artistic analysis. But I did like the point of the "M" in the "TIME" logo doubling as devil-horns...that's actually kind of subtle...if not entirely coincidental. ^_-
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48