Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-27 16:58:14  
Enhancing duration is

Base * Duration * Composure

For self target buffs Composure is 3.0, for everything else it's 1.1 ~ 1.5.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-02-27 19:28:30  
That equation isn't right though pertaining to at least rdm.

RDM is

Base * Duration * Ghostfyre Aug * Composure

Based on the durations I'm getting with my spells, I'm thinking that the duration on Telchine isn't cumulative with duration on Ammurapi shield or Empy feet.

Edit:

So, I'm wondering, is the real equation something like this.
Base * Duration * Augment Duration * Composure

Edit2: What Geriond said in the post immediately prior to yours.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-27 19:45:44  
Also, the reforged Empyrean set bonus is its own separate term as well.
By waffle 2018-02-28 13:40:31  
I assume the cor duration roll is also its own term but I've never tested that. Has anyone tested how rune fencer duration gifts get factored in when you cast on them as a red mage? I'm guessing their own term as well.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-01 15:52:10  
waffle said: »
I assume the cor duration roll is also its own term but I've never tested that. Has anyone tested how rune fencer duration gifts get factored in when you cast on them as a red mage? I'm guessing their own term as well.
I had lot of "fun" testing all the variables last night and this morning.
(Normal Duration + RDM JPs + Gear that list Seconds) × (Augments Composure Bonus) × (Nonaugmented Gear + Naturalist's Roll) × (Augmented Gear) x (Rune Gifts)

Examples of Gear that list seconds.
Grapevine Cape - Refresh +30 Seconds
Telchine Body - Regen +12 Seconds
Gishdubar Sash - Refresh +20 Seconds Received (Tested for self cast only atm.)
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2018-03-01 16:16:04  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
(Normal Duration + RDM JPs) × (Augments Composure Bonus) × (Nonaugmented Gear + Naturalist's Roll) × (Augmented Gear) x (Rune Gifts)

Another curveball...did you test where Gishdubar Sash fits for self refresh? There's lots of things I'm not 100% sure of I've meant to double check but haven't had the time.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-01 16:42:13  
Quendi210 said: »
(Normal Duration + RDM JPs) × (Augments Composure Bonus) × (Nonaugmented Gear + Naturalist's Roll) × (Augmented Gear) x (Rune Gifts)

Another curveball...did you test where Gishdubar Sash fits for self refresh? There's lots of things I'm not 100% sure of I've meant to double check but haven't had the time.
I tested Telchine Body with Regen +12 seconds it got added to the bast before the rest of calc.

The belt I did a quick test just now but will check further when I have time tomorrow it seemed to also give its 20 second bonus to the base too. Will check grapevine too.
By waffle 2018-03-01 20:22:40  

Interesting. Thank you.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-02 01:47:43  
More testing in... updated post above too

(Normal Duration + RDM JPs + Gear that list Seconds) × (Augments Composure Bonus) × (Nonaugmented Gear + Naturalist's Roll) × (Augmented Gear) x (Rune Gifts)

Examples of Gear that list seconds.
Grapevine Cape - Refresh +30 Seconds
Telchine Body - Regen +12 Seconds
Gishdubar Sash - Refresh +20 Seconds Received (Tested for self cast only atm. My alt doesn't have one for me to cast Refresh on him and see if it would still add to the base.)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2018-03-02 17:25:26  
Asura.Hrohj said: »
I'm assuming that Inspirited Boots also fall into the category of "+seconds gear" then, as well?

If I did the math correctly (assuming 20 Enhancing Magic Duration JP and no respective roll):

(150+20+15+20+30) * 3 * 1.3 = 916.5 = 15.275 minutes with +15/tic potency (Refresh III on yourself).
ItemSet 356993

Versus:

(150+20+20) * 3 * 1.8 = 1026 = 17.1 minutes with +15/tic potency (Refresh III on yourself).
ItemSet 357131

Difference of 1.825 duration. Unless I totally screwed up somewhere. Seems like the Grapevine Cape and Inspirited Boots are better for other jobs that only have access to Refresh via /RDM or actually equip a "Refresh Effect Received" set before getting Refresh II or III casted on them.

I don't think any player would stand in any received gear unless for testing.

It probably gets worse for the cape and boots if you were to compare it to this:
ItemSet 357138

The Colada has Enhancing Duration +4. Ghostfyre with +20 Enhancing Duration slightly edges out the Sucellos's.

Post deleted by User.
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2018-03-02 18:33:43  
The Ghostfyre is a labor of love,luck...and gil. I spent a lot chasing Enhancing +10 Skill/20 Duration. Long before Ambuscade came out I did the same thing for the Magic Accuracy/Enfeebling +10 combination.

If I asked a player to put on gear it might be a tank to put Phalanx+ gear on pre-engagement.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-03 22:18:27  
Made this for calc duration fast. Need to refine it some more but it works 100% just for stuff like composure it should jump 0 10 20 35 50 200 instead of steps of 5.

https://chiaia.optic-ice.com/Enhancing%20Duration.html
By tyalangan 2018-03-03 22:26:54  
Any difference between Oranyan and Ammurapi shield's +10 duration?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-03 23:59:22  
tyalangan said: »
Any difference between Oranyan and Ammurapi shield's +10 duration?
Only difference gear wise is augmented gear vs nonaugmented gear since they are separate terms. You need to calc which would be better if one was aug vs non but not if both are the same type. hence my link to an easy to use calc.
By Boshi 2018-03-04 00:00:14  
before I would suggest oranyan so you can get 10fc in the main/sub slot.

with shield now you can do colada+shield for +14duration total
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-03-04 17:20:16  
Is +4 duration DM only on the colada? Most I've ever seen is +2 with fern, never seen more than that.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-04 17:22:58  
Boshi said: »

You can get 10% FC either way by using Emissary with the shield, and that combo gives Refresh +1 with Path D as a bonus.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-04 19:49:10  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Is +4 duration DM only on the colada? Most I've ever seen is +2 with fern, never seen more than that.
Nope +4 is Fern think the rest cap at 3%. I personally made one using ferns.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-03-08 08:32:42  
IMO Rdm has a glut of CP gear I would strongly recommend that if you're not main heal /sch with storm you should avoid weapon slots for your cure set. My current set has well over CP cap using just armor slots (so much easier than whm because we can use legs).

Nodens Gorget and Lebeche Ring would allow you to drop the staff and then you have a cure set that doesn't lose potency if you have your weapons locked for melee or what not.

/sch + weather, for sure Chatoyant is amazing.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-08 08:53:11  
Asura.Hrohj said: »
If you're running /SCH this puts you (marginally) over 500 Healing Magic skill. I'm not understanding the whole "Cure Power" thing. Is there a cap on it? Or is it a diminishing return sort of thing? I've read the page on BGWiki, but I still feel like I'm in the dark. If anyone could clarify what all of this curing jargon means, that'd be super helpful.

Cure Power is what is used to determine the base cure amount prior to the multipliers like Cure Potency, Weather and Cure Received. When SE changed the cure formula it had a very large impact on how RDM heals. The important number to know is you want a Cure Power of 700 to hit the cap for base cure. 1 Healing Magic Skill = 1 Cure power, 2 MND = 1 Cure Power and 4 VIT = 1 Cure Power. Also healing magic determines the power of Tranquil Heart, which is an additional amount of enmity reduction that caps at -25 @500 healing magic skill. Cure IV will get 640 base cap, which gives you a 960HP cure IV before weather, cure received or cure pot II.

So basically you want to hit 500 Healing magic skill with capped cure potency and some -enmity. This is extremely easy for /SCH but difficult for /WHM, which you will need to gear around if you ever intent on main healing. Curaga's have a different formula which favors MND over Healing Magic Skill. Vanya becomes very important for /WHM healing sets.

:Edit:

Here is a quick rundown for Cure IV but also applies to other ST Cures.

Power = floor(MND÷2) + floor(VIT÷4) + Healing Magic Skill
Base = floor( (Power - Power Floor) ÷ Rate ) + HP Floor

Assuming MND = 250, VIT = 200 and Healing Magic Skill = 500

(250/2) + (200/4) + 500 = 125 + 50 + 500 = 675 Cure Power, slightly under the power cap

For Cure IV with a Cure Power between 400 and 700 the divisor is 2.5, the Power Floor is 400, and the HP floor is 520.

((675-400)/2.5) + 520 = 630 HP Base

Then 50% Cure Potency brings it to 630 * 1.5 = 945, Light Weather will bring it to 945 * 1.10 = 1039

Hopefully that helps in understanding how cures work. Getting cure potency is easy, the hard part is enough skill to cap tranquil heart while also having plenty of -enmity.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-03-08 09:27:10  
Asura.Geriond said: »

You can get 10% FC either way by using Emissary with the shield, and that combo gives Refresh +1 with Path D as a bonus.

The whole point is that if you don't have access to both shield+sword you can use this combo to get 10fc in your -mid- cast which helps on recast, not a massive deal tho.

------------------
As for weapon you can just make a condition for weather you have weapon locked (useful for /nin):
Someone asked me about this so I figured I'd post it here:
The WeaponLock rule i use to disable main/sub/ranged when I'm meleeing. I see some people do it as just part of combat mode which i don't like.
Also you can adjust certain post-precast or post-midcast sets if weapon is locked.
top uses for this i could see are if you normally use main/sub for fastcast (oranyan clerisy+1 combo 10% is a big chunk) and you can have an alternate set if weapons are locked. And more importantly: cures. Since losing main/sub you really need to adjust your cure potency values in your other slots.
Code
function user_setup()
	state.WeaponLock  = M('OFF', 'ON')

send_command('bind ^= gs c cycle WeaponLock')	
end

function user_unload()
    send_command('unbind ^=')
end

function init_gear_sets()
    sets.midcast.Cure = {}			
    sets.midcast.Cure.WeaponLock = set_combine(sets.midcast.Cure, {})
    sets.midcast.Cure.Self = {}
	sets.midcast.Cure.SelfWeaponLock = set_combine(sets.midcast.Cure.Self, {})
	sets.midcast.Curaga = set_combine(sets.midcast.Cure, {})
	sets.midcast.Curaga.Weaponlock = set_combine(sets.midcast.Curaga, {})
end

function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spellMap == 'Cure' then
		--if state.WeaponLock.value
		if state.WeaponLock.value == 'ON' and spell.target.type == 'PLAYER' then
			    equip(sets.midcast.Cure.WeaponLock)
		end
		if state.WeaponLock.value == 'ON' and spell.target.type == 'SELF' then
			    equip(sets.midcast.Cure.SelfWeaponLock)	
		end
		if state.WeaponLock.value == 'OFF' and spell.target.type == 'SELF' then
				equip(sets.midcast.Cure.Self)
		end
		if world.day_element == 'Light' or world.weather_element == 'Light' then
			equip ({waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"})
		end	
	end
	if spellMap == 'Curaga' then
		if state.WeaponLock.value == 'ON' and spell.target.type ~= 'Enemy' then
			    equip(sets.midcast.Curaga.WeaponLock)
		end
		if world.day_element == 'Light' or world.weather_element == 'Light' then
				equip ({waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"})
		end	
	end
end

-----WEAPONLOCK MODE
-- Handle notifications of general user state change.
function job_state_change(stateField, newValue, oldValue)
	if stateField == 'WeaponLock' then
		if newValue == 'OFF' then
			enable('main','sub','ranged')
		else
			disable('main','sub','ranged')
		end
	end
end
can add a /sch if active situation to this, add staff to weather/day.

club options:
Tamaxchi: curepot+22 mnd+5 Enmity-30
Ames+1: curepot+26 MND+30
Ames: curepot+24 MND+25
Tefnut: curepot+15 mnd+10 HealingSkill+5
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-08 11:55:09  
SR staff can be nice too to give more freedom for the other slots, if you don't wanna use charoyant. Not sure it has a place in bis builds but I guess it can have a place while you're working towards that.
By Boshi 2018-03-08 13:31:44  
yea I tend to just use the wkr club cause -30enmity is such a big amount in 1 slot. (-35 with shield)
 Siren.Khary
サーバ: Siren
user: Lizzzzard
By Siren.Khary 2018-03-09 15:30:21  
For meleeing, if you are main handing a sword, should you also offhand a sword or is it ok to offhand a Dagger? Does offhanding the dagger cause acc issues on the offhand?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-09 15:35:29  
The ilvl +combat skill only applies to the weapon it's on, so there's no weirdness with dueling two different weapon types.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 141 142 143