By Boshi 2018-01-25 19:08:48  
use [ i m g ] and [/ i m g]
before and after picture url, no spaces
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2018-01-25 19:18:37  
Boshi said: »
we do pretty much the same thing except flat/burning.

zaxtiss said:
flat>burning would prob better since it has stun effect.

It also wouldn't work for a 6-step.

I do think you'd probably need a Kraken club (with accuracy support) to pull off the 6-step step with any reliability, though.
[+]
 Shiva.Fendarin
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Fendarin 2018-01-26 00:47:13  
Shiva.Fendarin said: »
Yeah defo need stp rolls for 6 step
kyou:18k avg

Glassy gorger:27k avg

Took some screen shots of my ws avg on glassy gorger and kyou as rdm (2ktp brd cor geo buffs mostly)
Using the set I posted above,Really happy.

Thanks boshi works now
By Notacka 2018-01-29 08:09:34  
I’m pretty sure I did Vagary with you the other day Fendarin.
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2018-01-29 10:08:37  
U did indeed sir
By clearlyamule 2018-01-29 10:29:24  
Haha you must have been the person someone in my ls was recently talking about doing higher cdcs on rdm then them
 Asura.Psylo
サーバ: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-01-29 10:51:31  
I have a full taeon (except boots of course) with crit hit3% crit dmg 3% and i ever do better number with savage.
Its worst in fact, since i have swap to this set, my new cdc number are so crappy (even with buff)
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2018-01-29 11:19:12  
O no that isn’t me mule those was savage blades,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gru3Wlr-Fjw
I believe this is the rdm your friend is talking about, thundercat pointed this out to me,
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-01-29 13:18:23  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Can you reliably do that without STP roll?
Granted I was using Joyeuse MH and Ternion Dagger+1 offhand, which maybe it's not the ideal combination, but I managed to do this only when I had STP roll from a COR.
Always failed at around ~4 without the STP roll.

My TP gear on RDM is far from perfect though. What do you focus on for the specific goal of 6step?
I'm done with RDM cards, just curious.

If you don't have a COR, and you're able to call your own trusts, you can try to time it so Shantotto II will do Lesson in Pain on the 5th-step of your solo chain (she will always use LIP after a Liquefaction or Detonation WS):

Fast Blade > Red Lotus Blade > Fast Blade > Red Lotus Blade > Lesson in Pain > Red Lotus Blade.

Wasp Sting > Gust Slash > Wasp Sting > Gust Slash > Lesson in Pain > Gust Slash will work too, if you main dagger.

Try to start the chain when she has about 800TP.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-29 14:06:40  
You could also try loading up on accuracy gear and grabbing an Oa2-4 sword or two from trial of the magians.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-29 15:09:06  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
If you don't have a COR, and you're able to call your own trusts, you can try to time it so Shantotto II will do Lesson in Pain on the 5th-step of your solo chain (she will always use LIP after a Liquefaction or Detonation WS):
Uhm... why should you call trusts?
If you get a 6step obj it means you have at least 6 toons in zone.
Sure you could break into separate parties to call trusts but that
1) takes precious times
2) it's only viable on floor 1 and 2 (on the last floor you wouldn't get the hidden points for target killed by pts other than you, which would be quite a shame).

Anyway, good tip I guess for people who were sorta "breaking" their SCs around step 4 (I was typically ending at the 4th step myself, I've rarely seen 5th and sometimes break on 3rd)
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-01-29 15:42:31  

Ofc, having a real player do the 5th-step is even better.

Sorry, guess I just assumed you were on your own in the zone since you were asking about soloing 6-step on RDM.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-29 15:53:58  
If you're alone in the zone, you only need to do 1 skillchain to satisfy the objective.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-29 16:04:47  
Shiva.Arislan said: »

Ofc, having a real player do the 5th-step is even better.

Sorry, guess I just assumed you were on your own in the zone since you were asking about soloing 6-step on RDM.
I've been alone farming cards on RDM multiple times (I'm done now), but when you're alone the obj is one step SC, so you don't really need to worry about that xD On RDM I could easily hit every single objective except the 15k no burst one ;)
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-01-29 17:06:50  
Hehe, I meant on his own in the zone, as in everybody off doing their own thing w/ their own trusts.
By Notacka 2018-02-01 12:39:29  
So I’m going the road of a Murgeleis and was thinking of subbing a perfect Malevolence so I can do skillchains(possibly just opening) and MBs. I don’t see a lot of talk about it and most people are just are spamming CDC or Savage Blade. I was wondering what kind of numbers Death Blossom get with murg and str/mnd set up. I hear it’s not great but I get pretty close numbers with Savage and Death Blossom now. My accessories still need work but I was thinking maybe with the 30% damage I could get close. Also I was able to hit 17k mb fire V with only +9 mb dmg so I was thinking with some Ea gear I could go much higher. Any thoughts or input?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-01 13:07:30  
Notacka said: »
So I’m going the road of a Murgeleis and was thinking of subbing a perfect Malevolence so I can do skillchains(possibly just opening) and MBs. I don’t see a lot of talk about it and most people are just are spamming CDC or Savage Blade. I was wondering what kind of numbers Death Blossom get with murg and str/mnd set up. I hear it’s not great but I get pretty close numbers with Savage and Death Blossom now. My accessories still need work but I was thinking maybe with the 30% damage I could get close. Also I was able to hit 17k mb fire V with only +9 mb dmg so I was thinking with some Ea gear I could go much higher. Any thoughts or input?

Its a fun way to play, certainly, and I doubt many will shut you down for wanting to enjoy the multi-faceted aspects that RDM brings. However, you'll never outparse an equally geared RDM using Savage Blade- that weaponskill is just so potent and on top of that, casting time is non-TP'ing time, so fewer weaponskills.

That being said, there will be mobs that simply take great SC/MB damage and the way you describe will be the best way to defeat them.

Lastly, if you want to burst on anything realistic (tougher than Ambuscade vol 1 D as an example) AND you want to melee with a Murg, you'll be better off wearing an ammurapi shield in your offhand for the magic accuracy. Your nukes will lose some oompf due to the difference in INT/MAB, but they'll be more consistent.
By Notacka 2018-02-04 01:04:15  
With max aug on Malevonence I get +35 mag acc +45 mab +10 int and +118 magic damage for casting. It’s only 3 less mag acc from shield.
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2018-02-09 23:10:31  
Red Mage got another good upgrade with our relic. I hope the trend continues. Ever since Artifact +2/3 was announced I've been waiting for my Relic +3 Chapeau. Once they added Dynamis - Bastok(D) I've been saving up to get it Day 1. I succeeded in doing so and am Happy with the stats added to it. Are there any other fellow RDMs that did this?
EDIT:

I never want to be without my chapeau again(Unless we get more upgrades).

I also no longer need to use my Carmine Mask +1 for my mix of Macc and Skill set. I'll probably change the path on it for the 1 extra physical accuracy I'd get from the DEX on path B. I don't know that it's even worth it for a "Full Accuracy Set" for my Melee RDM.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-10 04:20:59  
I finally got some Regal Cuffs so I decided to test stuff.
Some of this was probably known but SE never said if it was % or seconds in the description of JPs so I actually never really looked into it before.

Anyway them and Kishar ring are applied after the 20 second bonus of JPs on an enfeeble's base duration.

Sleep II: (90s base + 20s JP) x 1.3 = 2m 23s
Exactly what I was getting. I did further testing they all lined up with this.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-23 04:33:46  
How do you guys handle your Impact sets?
Currently I just take my nuking set and combine it with Twilight Cloak, but then I started wondering if Macc would reduce the chance of duration resist on the target?

I don't know if macc would reduce that chance for Impact, anybody knows? Because if it does it might make sense to nuke in a puremacc set (combine with cloak), no?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-23 04:46:13  
Currently I just take my nuking set and combine it with Twilight Cloak, but then I started wondering if Macc would reduce the chance of duration resist on the target?

I don't know if macc would reduce that chance for Impact, anybody knows? Because if it does it might make sense to nuke in a puremacc set (combine with cloak), no?
I've personally been going with full on MACC since iLVL started. People use to say the duration lasted longer the more DMG you did(pre iLVL). I took this as well obviously if you're doing more DMG with impact it probably means you were having less resist to start with. I have 0 testing if this is correct but until shown otherwise I'll stick to it personally. It just seems like a no-brainer to me.
 Asura.Netero
user: Bodille
By Asura.Netero 2018-02-23 04:49:09  

i thunk my set has Macc and INT.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-23 04:52:49  
Asura.Chiaia said: »

I've personally been going with full on MACC since iLVL started. People use to say the duration lasted longer the more DMG you did(pre iLVL). I took this as well obviously if you're doing more DMG with impact it probably means you were having less resist to start with. I have 0 testing if this is correct but until shown otherwise I'll stick to it personally. It just seems like a no-brainer to me.
As far as I know the stat -20% effect cannot be resisted and the spell lasts 3 mins unresisted. It's elemental magic so it's unaffected by Enfeebling Magic Skill and Enf Potency bonuses.

The duration can be resisted, so my reasoning was that IN THEORY midcasting with more macc should reduce the chances of that to happen, no?
After all who cares about Impact damage.

Just wanted a confirmation from other people. If it's confirmed Macc does indeed help in reducing the chance of duration resist I see no reason NOT to midcast in full macc. But if it doesn't help, then might as well go for the additional damage for lulz.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-23 04:59:50  
That's exactly what I meant. Everything you just said is actually why I have been going with a MACC since iLVL started.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-23 07:55:20  
The duration of Impact's enfeeble effect is directly correlated with the resist state of the damage part; full land is 3 minutes, 1/2 resist of the damage is 1:30, etc.

So yes; if you want to get maximum Impact duration, go all out with MACC, Elemental Skill, and INT, and cast in Dark Arts if /sch.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maxiel
サーバ: Cerberus
user: maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2018-02-25 05:38:01  
Anyone happen to know if "Enfeebling Magic Effect" has a cap. With the +3 Relic boots we'd get 44. Hoping it doesnt cap at 40 and waste an investment.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2018-02-25 07:13:50  
I highly doubt theres a cap but you never know.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-02-27 15:23:51  
Where do Telchine Augments fall in the equation for Enhancing Duration? Are they the same term as the Ghostfyre Cape?

I'm trying to figure out where I am for duration non composure.

I have Telchine Head/Body/Legs with 10/9/10 duration
Ghostfyre with +20 duration
Ammurapi Shield, NQ Empy feet, Atrophy hands +2
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-27 16:21:21  
All augment enhancing duration is one term, while all non-augment enhancing duration is a second term.

Your set would give you (1+0.2+0.1+0.09+0.1)*(1+0.1+0.25+0.18) = 2.28x normal duration.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 141 142 143