フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 141 142 143
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-07-02 17:29:04  
Asura.Hitome said: »
Wanted to confirm something on Kei in Omen. Enwater and enblizzard can be used to handle his regen aura correct?
I've tried this, but it didn't appear to work. I believe the elemental damage to prevent regen has to actually come from direct nukes.
 Asura.Hitome
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Hitome 2021-07-03 01:18:47  
Thanks Martel. I was wondering if it had changed as someone mentioned in this thread that it worked:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50059/omen-findings/34/

Testing it yesterday, it seems to not take his regen off.
 Ragnarok.Magicobandito
user: awcoburn
By Ragnarok.Magicobandito 2021-07-06 12:33:45  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
If you don't plan on path B nyame, amalric is still going to be BIS for seraph/sanguine for legs, feet.

body is BIS if you have either a really good merlinic hood, or cath palug crown. Otherwise Cohort Cloak +1.

If you have nyame path B, it's bis for all those slots.....

Was just looking at this. It seems like the INT, MND, and MAB are all higher with cohort +1 even considering Amalric +1 set bonuses, while giving up just 3 m.acc. Is there something more to it that I'm not thinking of? (thinking of non-sanguine weaponskills). Sorry, ignore, found the prior discussion on this. Thanks.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-07-06 12:42:33  
Amalric +1 + Cath Palug Crown has the edge in matk over Cohort +1 (8 or 13 depending on path A/D) when you consider the set bonus. Really the only reason I still consider it BiS. I suspect that the difference is pretty minimal. Cohort has the advantage for macc I think even if you get the minimum unity bonus.

Edit: Too late, already responded! :D
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [136 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-11-19 17:56:12  
So I have been using https://www.ffxiah.com/node/349 as a guide to gear and it has been amazing, helped me so much, however looking at the savage blade WS section it is saying Nyame head over Relic +3. I get the WSD values are higher but the relic head has +16 MND over the Nyame piece so had my questioning just how better it is. I imagine if you factor in the SC properties it does take over however since this character isn't 5/5 Nyame yet but does have the relic head I am guessing they are super close and I can just do the head last?
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-11-19 18:36:08  
I'd guess both pieces are super close w/ Nyame having the defensive stats and SC dmg, but Relic +3 having slightly more dmg with the +16mnd being about ~3-4 2 wsd and the little bit more attack.

EDIT: good to know on the stat to WSD comparisons, will keep that in mind moving forward.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-11-19 19:39:15  
The node as it was made, was made for my own personal use as I like having a visual aid in the event I swap gear around or mess up my lua etc.

Any time I play RDM now days I'm 99% of the time playing by myself and value the DT and meva as well as SC bonus over a little extra dmg. If you use this as a guide that's great but do keep in mind it's a "guide" not the end all be all of awesome RDMness
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-20 01:26:49  
Shiva.Berzerk said: »
+16mnd being about ~3-4

More like ~1.69% WSD

I keep telling you guys that general 4-5Stat being 1WSD is VERY general and is usually based on WSs with 80~85% WSC and it ends up confusing and inaccurate for a lot of other WSs. Just calculate things yourself if you have dilemma like this.

For this one do:
1. (STR+MND) * 0.5 + weapon damage
2. 16 * 0.5
3. Add 1. + 2. and divide by 1.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hadriel
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Hadriel 2021-11-20 09:54:02  
SimonSes said: »
+16mnd being about ~3-4

More like ~1.69% WSD

I keep telling you guys that general 4-5Stat being 1WSD is VERY general and is usually based on WSs with 80~85% WSC and it ends up confusing and inaccurate for a lot of other WSs. Just calculate things yourself if you have dilemma like this.

For this one do:
2. 16 * 0.5

Might want to change the grammar of the math a little bit, some people might get confused.
Instead of numbering the steps 1, 2, 3 change them to letters or specify the sum of step 1 etc.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-20 09:57:39  
16 MND would be a bit more than 1.69% WSDMG unless you for some reason have no WSDMG in your Savage Blade set.

For example, my RDM's Savage Blade set has 515 DMG (assuming a 300 VIT enemy) and 69% WSDMG, which would make 16 MND worth about 2.3% WSDMG for me (though the 2 less STR than Nyame would reduce that to about 2.15%), and Vitiation +3 has 5.5 more attack (once you include the less STR).

If you include the 2% Double Attack on Nyame (very, very minor on Savage, but still a small benefit), the damage of Vitiation +3 versus Nyame is basically a wash (with Vitiation maybe being a fraction of a percent stronger), but Nyame has a host of defensive benefits that make it the better choice. Nyame also has 3.75 more accuracy and 5% Skillchain Bonus, to boot.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-20 11:22:04  
Yep sorry I made it to quick and forgot to include diminishing returns on WSD. Still the point stands, it's not 3-4%. People need to stop use ratio from other WSs on other jobs and apply it everywhere.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-11-20 17:56:35  
Asura.Nuance said: »
The node as it was made, was made for my own personal use as I like having a visual aid in the event I swap gear around or mess up my lua etc.

Any time I play RDM now days I'm 99% of the time playing by myself and value the DT and meva as well as SC bonus over a little extra dmg. If you use this as a guide that's great but do keep in mind it's a "guide" not the end all be all of awesome RDMness

This was not a dig, it was a genuine question and more for me to know how to prioritise my Nyame Path B on this specific character, the node has been a massive help to me and given me insight on how to gear it up. Seems they are close so I certainly can leave it last and focus on the other pieces which may offer more benefit sooner.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-11-20 18:58:04  
Generally speaking, unless you heavily favourite a job that is on none of Malignance/Sakpata/Kendatsuba+1 (so like, DRG or RUN), I don't see much point in ever doing Path A. The WSD path is too useful for too many jobs.

Edit: I think I misread the comment but I'm just gonna leave this here anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-11-20 21:19:22  
Asura.Aldolol said: »
Asura.Nuance said: »

This was not a dig, it was a genuine question and more for me to know how to prioritise my Nyame Path B on this specific character, the node has been a massive help to me and given me insight on how to gear it up. Seems they are close so I certainly can leave it last and focus on the other pieces which may offer more benefit sooner.

Didn't take it as a dig. Just reiterating what its original purpose was. And that it largely remains as such.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-11-20 22:14:47  
I also use it to double check my lua if i think something is wonky or i get new gear. The visual guide makes it really quick to spot check
By DaneBlood 2021-11-21 00:47:37  
SimonSes said: »
+16mnd being about ~3-4

More like ~1.69% WSD

For this one do:
2. 16 * 0.5

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q7rYhQXNvM1lnHNF9bdXzz6i_uuAG8_FXKTapEOI-Sk/edit#gid=451434555

cannot be used to compared different WS but different stats under the same wS works

once i have time ill add in more WS's

beware the resulting value is not dmg as anything regharding mobs os not taking into effect (ATK vs def etc) just the raw stats for the ws, so it more of a "power" points
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-30 07:54:08  
I would like to pontificate on the virtues of Bunzi's Rod a bit, since I haven't seen much talk of it for RDM. These numbers assume R20, but it's still pretty good (especially for enfeebling) even at R0.

Naturally, Bunzi's Rod is excellent for nuking. It's got 55 MAB, 248 magic damage, 45 MACC, 255 magic skill, and 15 INT, giving it basically everything you need in a nuking piece. It being one-handed also lets you use Ammurapi Shield, which is much stronger than any grips are for nuking. To top it off, it's got 10 MBB, which means you have more flexibility in armor slots for magic bursts.

Bunzi's Rod is also an excellent offhand for Crocea when you don't need Seraph Blade or Aeolian Edge for much the same reasons. While the delay isn't great, it's not horrible, and it makes magic WSs highly accurate and powerful. RDM only has D skill in club, but RDM is one of the most accurate jobs between Composure and Distract III, and the club itself has 45 ACC on it, so this usually isn't a problem, though it can be an issue when a mob resists Distract (like on ice-elemental Apex Idle Drifters).

Finally, it's also great for enfeebling. 255 Magic skill, 45 MACC, and 15 INT/MND makes it comparable to Crocea in terms of magic accuracy, usually beating it on targets of worth (where dINT isn't super high), while also having some degree of enfeebling potency due to the MND. However, it lacking the 20% fast cast of Crocea hinders rapidly casting an enfeeble until it lands, when that's a concern. It's got less MND than Daybreak and no enfeebling skill, so it's not a maximum potency piece, but when you need more MACC it's extremely solid.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-12-09 19:09:14  
Is Phalanx II still capped at 500 enhancing skill? Looking for a good "Phalanx on others" set for my RDM/WHM healer :D.
By Torzak 2021-12-09 19:11:21  
Nothing goes beyond 500 except Temper/Enspell
By Guyford 2021-12-09 23:10:53  
Torzak said: »

I could be wrong, but pretty sure this was changed some time ago and phalanx does go beyond 500 skill.
 Leviathan.Hadriel
By Leviathan.Hadriel 2021-12-09 23:46:18  
Guyford said: »
Torzak said: »

I could be wrong, but pretty sure this was changed some time ago and phalanx does go beyond 500 skill.

No, Phalanx dmg cap is -35 dmg reduction at 500 skill. Even if you could take it up to say 650 skill the reduction is only about -40 vs using specified gear with phalanx +3~5 (I.E. taeon or DM augments, egeking, sakpata sword) which can put you in the -55 or more range.
By Guyford 2021-12-09 23:51:46  
It would be relevant for phalanx 2ing other players
 Leviathan.Hadriel
By Leviathan.Hadriel 2021-12-09 23:59:56  
Typically the people that would need phalanx the most would be the tanks. -5 reduction would be nice but you begin to lose out on some duration gear (not that rdm suffers there)

Alternatively, what I typically do is converse with the people I am casting on and let them know to put on their phalanx+ sets. Most mages are /rdm and can do it themselves, dd have access to some form of phalanx+ gear through skirm/DM augments. Of course not everyone will have a phalanx set for each job, but you have to work with what you have.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-01 10:47:51  
How does Crepuscular Knife compare to R15 Ternion and R20 Gleti for offhand for Savage Blade? I know the Absorb HP/MP/TP don't work with enspells, but it's also got 5% QA and 3% CHR mod.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-01 11:53:36  
Leviathan.Hadriel said: »
Typically the people that would need phalanx the most would be the tanks. -5 reduction would be nice but you begin to lose out on some duration gear (not that rdm suffers there)

Alternatively, what I typically do is converse with the people I am casting on and let them know to put on their phalanx+ sets. Most mages are /rdm and can do it themselves, dd have access to some form of phalanx+ gear through skirm/DM augments. Of course not everyone will have a phalanx set for each job, but you have to work with what you have.

This pertains to RDM main healing, which means everyone gets a Phalanx II as it reduces the amount of healing I need to do. -35 adds up quick as it's for every single hit folks would take. The reason I asked was that it meant I could use a duration set for casting on others as long as I hit that 500 value.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2022-01-07 16:00:59  
Does Murg/DeathBlossom hold any weight compared to Neagling/Savage? Given physical buffs/debuffs?
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2022-01-07 16:08:34  
Nope.
 Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger 2022-01-08 14:03:00  
It's painful how much it doesnt compare T_T
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 141 142 143