言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » September 2016 Version Update
September 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Treizekordero 2016-09-06 01:12:53  
The mounts in adoulin is nice and will make life a bit easier for new players to get around and for people doing assignments for Mummer's Coalition.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-06 01:12:55  
Bahamut.Striker said: »
hey uh... they're doing the new ambuscade with ark GK in their party right now...

Yeah, new quests to get the AA trusts.
 Bahamut.Striker
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-09-06 01:15:54  
aaaand they just ate ***. It's always promising to see the dev's fail the new ambuscade.
Now they're cheating, their sam turned on Godmode.
He turned it off and leveled down to 98 when he died.
[+]
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2016-09-06 01:21:35  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Pretty sure it refers only to known issues introduced by the update in question. It should go without saying that there's an extensive list of existing bugs, and there's no reason to list such unresolved issues in patch notes. That section functions as a heads up for new issues so that people (hopefully) will be aware of those issues before they encounter them.

"No issues reported for this update" could mean 'no issues to report IN this update' or 'no issues to report FROM this update'. It's the first time they've actually used the words "this update" in that section at all, so I don't know why you just assume it can only be for things broken *from* this update. Sure, they can't list *everything*, but in the past, they have listed major things. And their section on 'resolved issues' certainly dates back to things that were broken long before each previous update. Remember when they fixed the beetle leg display that was broken since the game was released?

Using my nexus cape example (which really bugs me just because it was useful and supposed to be an incentive for actually buying the 3 add-ons. Not that SE probably expects anyone to buy them any more, but you would think they would at least make some kind of effort to fix it)... anyways, using that example, people first noticed it was broken after the April update, and there was even a maintenance afterwards where people hoped it'd be fixed, but it wasn't. It only showed up in the *May* update 'known issues' section. And since that time, a note about a fix has sadly never appeared in the 'resolved issues' section. But who knows, maybe when I log in after the update, I will be pleasantly surprised....
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-09-06 01:50:10  
Bahamut.Striker said: »
aaaand they just ate ***. It's always promising to see the dev's fail the new ambuscade.
Now they're cheating, their sam turned on Godmode.
He turned it off and leveled down to 98 when he died.

That feel when you wanna tell your game's developers to go back to WoW.

It has always amazed me that this game has some of the coolest jobs of any MMO (SCH, GEO, COR, RUN, NIN, DNC, BLU, SMN) when time and time again the staff show their inability to play the jobs.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-09-06 02:03:13  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
They should stop updating monthly if this is what they can get done.

Eh, not that I think this update is anything special, but there's no reason not to update. They pretty much had to reset Ambuscade, and it's not that crazy to give those who missed stuff in the first 5 months a chance to pick up that gear. They've already said they will be adding NEW ambuscade equipment after September: link
That's silly. They should have re-evaluated things and decided that doing a bc fight that nobody will do for rewards nobody gives a ***about isn't the best usage of resources.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-06 02:03:37  
Just confirming that the Fenrir mount is a reward option from The Moonlit Path quest, not the battlefield.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-06 02:09:59  
Still waiting for help text to be added to Coconut Rusk and Tiny Rusk.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-06 02:11:19  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Just confirming that the Fenrir mount is a reward option from The Moonlit Path quest, not the battlefield.

Almost a tiny bit disappointing!
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-06 02:21:00  
Yeah, I honestly would have enjoyed Fenrir being a ridiculously rare drop, much like Gyve Doublet, so that seeing somebody riding him would be special. At the same time, I hate the RNG, so I'm happy with my absurdly small Fenrir mount.
 Valefor.Neodin
user: Poppadean
By Valefor.Neodin 2016-09-06 02:23:03  
Any insight on Ark Angel Trusts ? i'm guessing High Tier battles?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-06 02:45:53  
Valefor.Neodin said: »
Any insight on Ark Angel Trusts ? i'm guessing High Tier battles?

Galka is the only one available, and the forum page says something like "Reward for Records of Eminence Objective 3 'Quell Your Rage'".

nfc what Objective 3 is, there's lots of those.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2016-09-06 02:58:51  
There are new trials under tutorial for Records of Eminence. The fourth one gave me a Cipher: Koru-Moru. The next one is asking to defeat a Wildkeeper Reive but they are not up on the servers yet. I'm guessing you get GK from those eventually.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2016-09-06 03:00:27  
Those aren't new.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-06 03:11:34  
That's silly. They should have re-evaluated things and decided that doing a bc fight that nobody will do for rewards nobody gives a ***about isn't the best usage of resources.

If you're talking about Master Trials, I don't disagree. However, I didn't say anything about Master Trials.

I did mention refreshing Ambuscade as an obvious reason for a monthly update even if it's a pretty light one. And if you're complaining about Ambuscade rewards, I disagree heartily. The best capes in the game for almost all purposes for every job (and a lot of us do indeed have a lot of jobs that can still use more upgraded capes), and RMEA upgrade items that can be sold for large amounts of gil are certainly not "rewards nobody gives a ***about". And it's not that crazy to give people one more shot at gear they may have missed.

Sylph.Oraen said: »

Yep, just picked mine up... had a Fenrir reward KI I never turned in. BTW, Mithra actually ride it with one leg on each side of the Fenrir. No tiger-style side saddle here!
[+]
By Tarage 2016-09-06 03:14:59  
Fenrir is smaller than the Avatar form.
 Asura.Sandslash
user: hellcatt
By Asura.Sandslash 2016-09-06 03:17:29  
someone i talked to that had the Ark GK trust said they got it for Jamal in Ru'lude Gardens but i cant figure it out GL all
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-09-06 03:17:32  

If you're talking about Master Trials, I don't disagree. However, I didn't say anything about Master Trials.

I did mention refreshing Ambuscade as an obvious reason for a monthly update even if it's a pretty light one. And if you're complaining about Ambuscade rewards, I disagree heartily. The best capes in the game for almost all purposes for every job (and a lot of us do indeed have a lot of jobs that can still use more upgraded capes), and RMEA upgrade items that can be sold for large amounts of gil are certainly not "rewards nobody gives a ***about". And it's not that crazy to give people one more shot at gear they may have missed.
I talked about Master Trials, as that's the new content.

Ambuscade really didn't get an update beyond here's some mobs and some coupons, have fun.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2016-09-06 03:19:26  
Buying items with sparks is a lot faster now. You no longer have to go back and scroll through pages when you buy an item. Doesn't really change anything but it's a nice QoL adjustment.

[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-06 03:23:53  
I talked about Master Trials, as that's the new content.

OK, then don't know why you quoted me since my original post said nothing about Master Trials. I think those are kind of a waste too.

But I get why they'll have still have monthly updates even when there's not especially exciting new content. Even for something as minor as refreshing ambuscade fights/rewards, and adding some minor QoL and cosmetic stuff along with it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2016-09-06 03:27:02  
To get AA Galka Trust:

Talk to Jamal in Ru Lude Gardens at the Duke's Palace.

He gives a RoE quest "Quell Your Rage"

Defeat AA Galka on any difficulty on the high-tier battlefield.

[+]
 Asura.Aylaina
By Asura.Aylaina 2016-09-06 03:31:10  
There appears to be some sort of prerequisite to Jamal's quest. AA Galka unlocked but not cleared for me, and he doesn't give me the quest, simply some line about Trust Initiative over and over.
 Asura.Sandslash
By Asura.Sandslash 2016-09-06 03:36:10  
what did he say to you all he keeps telling me is

"Phew. When i agreed to get involved with the Trust initiative, I didn't imagine it to be so...trying."

i dont get it

and if thats right what is the RoE quest under i dont see it
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2016-09-06 03:40:28  
It flags a new catigory under RoE Other->RoE Quests 3

Thing is huge.
 Asura.Sandslash
By Asura.Sandslash 2016-09-06 03:42:01  
theres gotta be some preQuest idk ill try later
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-06 03:55:33  
Prerequisites to flag the AAGK quest/RoE from talking to Jamal seem to be:

1) Complete all of the 3 nations' starting trust quests and get the following trusts:

Bastok: Naji, Ayame, Volker, Iron Eater
Sandy: Excenmille, Curilla, Trion
Windurst: Kupipi, Nanaa Mihgo, Ajido-Marujido, Shantotto

2) Talk to Jamal to get the "Bundle of Half-inscribed Scrolls" KI. That allows you to get some WotG trusts, some of which do have mission progress prerequisites.
* Rainemard - talk to Shanene at Batallia Downs (S) (J-7)
* Excenmille (S) - talk to Rholont at Southern San d'Oria (S) (E-7) after completing the quest Face of the Future.
* Klara - talk to Gentle Tiger (S) at Bastok Markets (S) (H-6) after completing the quest Bonds of Mythril.
* Romaa Mihgo - talk to Romaa Mihgo (S) at Windurst Waters (S) (G-11) (North) after completing the quest At Journey's End.

3) I think you need all 4 of the WotG trusts above [EDIT: Maybe not all 4, but at least some of them... checking further now], then talk to Jamal again. I had them on main, got the AAGK quest immediately. On my mule, I was able to flag the WotG trusts from the first Jamal conversation but he won't give me the AAGK dialogue yet, even after zoning. Guess I need to go get the trusts first.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-09-06 04:13:57  
Prerequisites to flag the AAGK quest/RoE from talking to Jamal seem to be:

1) Complete all of the 3 nations' starting trust quests and get the following trusts:

Bastok: Naji, Ayame, Volker, Iron Eater
Sandy: Excenmille, Curilla, Trion
Windurst: Kupipi, Nanaa Mihgo, Ajido-Marujido, Shantotto

2) Talk to Jamal to get the "Bundle of Half-inscribed Scrolls" KI. That allows you to get some WotG trusts, some of which do have mission progress prerequisites.
* Rainemard - talk to Shanene at Batallia Downs (S) (J-7)
* Excenmille (S) - talk to Rholont at Southern San d'Oria (S) (E-7) after completing the quest Face of the Future.
* Klara - talk to Gentle Tiger (S) at Bastok Markets (S) (H-6) after completing the quest Bonds of Mythril.
* Romaa Mihgo - talk to Romaa Mihgo (S) at Windurst Waters (S) (G-11) (North) after completing the quest At Journey's End.

3) I think you need all 4 of the WotG trusts above, then talk to Jamal again. I had them on main, got the AAGK quest immediately. On my mule, I was able to flag the WotG trusts from the first Jamal conversation but he won't give me the AAGK dialogue yet, even after zoning. Guess I need to go get the trusts first.
I can confirm you need All Past Missions cleared, im missing bastok, and thus cannot flag the next part
 Siren.Flannelman
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flannelman 2016-09-06 04:14:10  
I dont have Romaa Mihgo, but I was able to get AAGK

Also, Im on quest The Tigress Strikes for the Windurst questline. I finished Bastok and Sandy.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-09-06 04:19:33  
Where is the quest toggled in RoE? That might have something to do with it.
if it appears in intermediate then thats why i can't do it.