言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Digging » Chocobo Digging June 2016 Update
Chocobo Digging June 2016 Update
First Page 2 3 4
By Kisagotami 2016-06-07 11:33:00  
First off, is there way to check the stats of your personal chocobo? I have the VCS Reg. Card for it but I don't want to register it at the racing track because I have a different chocobo there.

I'm not exactly sure about my chocobo's stats but I know I leveled up it's endurance (I think SS) and discernment (I think A). It also for sure has Treasure Finder and either Burrow or Bore. Also, my chocobo digging skill is artisan rank.

Firstly I notice my dig accuracy went through the roof! Normally I would get 68% successful digs and today I got 90%. I was also able to dig up more then one item in a single /dig, which I'm guessing is due to Treasure Finder, Bore or Burrow. I was able to make 208 successful digs until I hit fatigue (due to endurance stat) and I had about 60 times where no gysahl greens were used (due to discernment stat). I also dug up conquest points 2 times, one gave 797 and another gave 830.

I did all my digging today in Xarcabard and here's the items I found:
  • frost turnip x16

• old arrow x13

• pebble x27

• gigas socks x12

• ahirman lens x14

• beastcoin x39

• petrified log x3

• gold ore x7

• gold beastcoin x5

• mythril beastcoin x23

• silver beastcoin x57

• bone chip x24

• demon skull x8

• relic iron x2

• coin of decay x1

• flame geode x2 (it was firesday when I dug)

Ragnarok.Unctgtg
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2016-06-07 14:30:38  
That is not bad at all
 Asura.Catrina
サーバ: Asura
user: Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-07 15:37:16  
A55 digger (also experienced considerable accuracy). My guess is treasure pools have increased and are no longer shared. Dug a little bit with no endurance vest on a A55 digger:

Cape Teriggan frequency
Arrowwood log 10
black chocobo feather 3
lugworm 5
seashell 5
lizard molt 1
shall shell 2
phoenix feather 1
ebony log 1
manticore hair 2

Qufim Island frequency
crystals 21 (all types, not tied to day, weather pattern present, not sure if a factor)
silver beastcoin 2
yellow rock 2
beastcoin 4
pebble 1
silica 2
bone chip 2
coin of ruin 1

Behemoth's Dominion frequency
plate of heavy metal 1
flint stone 3
pebble 1
yellow ginseng 3

Valley of Sorrows frequency
phoenix feather 3
lugworm 5
bone chip 3
silver ore 3
seashell 5
black chocobo feather 5
iron ore 4
kopparnickel ore 1
giant femur 1
fish scales 2
geodes 2

Ro'Maeve - Couldn't dig anywere!

Will add my results for Beaucedine and Xarcabard later but they're similar zones, as far as I could tell.

Will try other areas with my A10 and A35 tomorrow.
[+]
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-07 15:39:03  
Also got CP in all those areas, and some digs yielded 2-3 items (I think they count as 1 dig). This hasn't been added to old areas, where I dug today on my A10, no new items detected (dug with rental).
By Kisagotami 2016-06-07 16:00:41  
Holy crap, you got that HMP with your A55?! Do you have receptivity on that chocobo? Either way, I know where I'm digging from now on, haha.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-07 16:11:34  
Xarcabard
crystal (all types) 31
beastcoin 8
ahriman lens 2
pebble 6
bone chip 3
gigas socks 2
silver beastcoin 5
frost turnip 1
geode 2
gold ore 1
coin of ruin 1

Beaucedine Glacier
Ice cluster (weather?) 5
beastcoin 14
crystals (all types) 32
pebble 9
lugworm 3
silver beastcoin 10
petrified log 1
beaugreens 2
ordelle bronzepiece 1
gold beastcoin 1
black tiger fang 1
[+]
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-07 16:14:20  
no clue :) raised that chocobo in 2008/9.

But yea, a A55 got this.

We'll see what the A10 gets, but can't recall what stats the bird has either.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-07 16:29:25  
If you have your chocobo registered at the racing track you can check their stats there. But I haven't figured out any way to view the stats of the chocobo you have registered on your whistle or on a VCS Reg. Card.

It's kind of strange that you got so many crystals when I didn't get a single one. Maybe that's a bonus from Burrow or Bore (I know I have one of the two on mine, but can't remember which).
 Valefor.Kensagaku
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2016-06-07 16:58:44  
If I may ask, as I started raising a digger once I saw the update, what does it mean to have an A55/A35/A10 Chocobo?
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2016-06-07 17:22:33  
Rented chocos are still 100 items, but did altep with 25 stacks and after 100 items went to other areas and could not dig.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2016-06-07 17:33:34  
Kisagotami said: »
It's kind of strange that you got so many crystals when I didn't get a single one. Maybe that's a bonus from Burrow or Bore (I know I have one of the two on mine, but can't remember which).

Would having signet make a difference, like it does when killing mobs?
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-07 17:43:12  
Valefor.Kensagaku said: »
If I may ask, as I started raising a digger once I saw the update, what does it mean to have an A55/A35/A10 Chocobo?

It means the time (in seconds) you have to wait until you can dig after zoning. You start at A60. A10 is max level. Decreases by 5 seconds at a time.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-07 17:45:42  
Bahamut.Eorphere said: »

Would having signet make a difference, like it does when killing mobs?

No signet was present, maybe I raised my chocobo with either burrow or bore (whichever gives crystals). Can't remember which. I wonder if/how you check a fully grown bird?
 Valefor.Agentbling
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Agentbling 2016-06-07 17:46:13  
258 items with blue silks, all in behemoth dominion. Mostly junk but 1 HMP, 9 behemoth hides, 1 granite, 1 bloodthread, conquest points x2 seemed the most rare. No idea what my birds stat are, but I'm pretty sure he has bore ability.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-07 17:48:11  
Likely burrow for me if we go by crystal availability data of other zones. Now, the question is: which (if any) of my findings were due to that trait?

The only trait that ever gave crystals, I think?

ETA: No clue if I also have bore. I'd have to test in zones with an established pool.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2016-06-07 19:01:28  
To check your bird stats and abilities you have to register it in chocobo racing then ask the NPC that takes forever to respond and choose the first option, to use your digging chocobo with the new changes you have to re-register your chocobo with raising NPC in stable.

I'm doing Caedarva Mire currently, all trash so far...
Stats:
1/1/8/8
A10~15
Bore & Burrow

- Up to 3 items per dig.
- digging with ease + not consuming greens can proc at the same time, and both have the same frequency...kind of.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-07 19:18:27  
Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »
Bore & Burrow

- Up to 3 items per dig.
Interesting because I was only getting a max of 2 items and I have Treasure Finder and either Bore or Burrow. So maybe Bore and Burrow each give a chance at an extra item? Then I wonder what Treasure Finder does.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-07 19:27:35  
Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »
Bore & Burrow

- Up to 3 items per dig.
Interesting because I was only getting a max of 2 items and I have Treasure Finder and either Bore or Burrow. So maybe Bore and Burrow each give a chance at an extra item? Then I wonder what Treasure Finder does.

Interesting theory, also got a max of 3 items per dig and have bore and *might* have burrow.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mayulaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-06-08 01:38:16  
Oh boy, i didn't dig in nearly 8 years ! ( well stopped 6+ years also :p )

I might try that around tonight. A# is reffering to the time between zoning in and being able to /dig ? If so i think ( from memory ) i'm around A10 or A15. :o
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-08 10:48:36  
A10, treasure hunter and bore bird, disc outstanding, receptivity average, endurance blue vest, waxing 60%

Behemoth dominuim preliminary results:
plate of heavy metal 1
orichalcum ore 6
darksteel ore 17
platinum ore 1
bloodthread 2
behemoth hide 15
adaman ore 2
gold ore 3
granite 6
also silver ore, aluminum ore, bone chips, bat wings, lightning clusters (without weather), flint stones, pebbles, giant femur

no CP

coral fragment in qufim
lots of verious crystals (again)

fullresults later (maybe, if I have time)

2 max items per dig, very high accuracy
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-08 11:00:28  
Theory: I wonder if the burrow and bore slots come as "extras" in new areas.... as in: only when you get 2+ items did they proc'ed.

Of course on some single digs the "normal" might have failed but not the burrow/bore one.... only a crappy bird without either can tell which is which.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-08 11:19:51  
I did behemoth's dominion today too. Never got more then 2 items per dig. My accuracy wasn't as high as yesterday but still much higher then normal. Also got 200 successful digs (not items) again before fatigue.

lightning cluster x11 (got with and without weather)
pebble x31
darksteel ore x4
silver ore x16
sphene x3
behemoth hide x10
bone chip x20
giant femur x21
bat wing x27
cactus stem x3
tree cuttings x7
granite x2
bloodthread x2
wildgrass seed x21
yellow ginseng x82 ... derp

Seems like I probably have Burrow then since I'm getting a lot of different items then you are with Bore. Also I was getting wildgrass and ginseng (which I'm guessing are Burrow exclusive) on single item digs so I think Bore/Burrow effects can happen any time. That would also explain the boost in dig accuracy.

For traits endurance and receptivity are going to be the best. As for skills I guess it depends on if the extra slots for Burrow/Bore can only give you the items specific to those skills or not. Still curious what Treasure Finder does though.
By Damane 2016-06-08 11:21:20  
Ragnarok.Unctgtg said: »
Rented chocos are still 100 items, but did altep with 25 stacks and after 100 items went to other areas and could not dig.

the update notes say they abolished the item cap each zone can give per hour, i dont think they abolished the diggin fatigue you get per day. its still 100 successfull digs and then you cant dig at all.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-08 11:27:19  
Side question, I've been using the Sky Blue Racing Silks because the message it gives seems to indicate it might be giving extra skill ups. Any idea if that's true? Or should I just start using the Blue Racing Silks?
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-08 11:31:58  
Damane said: »
Ragnarok.Unctgtg said: »

the update notes say they abolished the item cap each zone can give per hour, i dont think they abolished the diggin fatigue you get per day. its still 100 successfull digs and then you cant dig at all.

Correct, the question is: it ised to be a shared pool of about 2-12 (guesstimate) reload every 1:15 "hours", vanadiel time. If they removed the cap, did they remove the reload and made it less moon-dependant (50% moon used to be awful), or is it no longer shared?
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-08 12:28:18  
Side question, I've been using the Sky Blue Racing Silks because the message it gives seems to indicate it might be giving extra skill ups. Any idea if that's true? Or should I just start using the Blue Racing Silks?

Sky blue is only useful if you're not capped. Useless otherwise. I sent mine to my account alt. It does level you way faster if you use it, since you actually know if/when you're getting (some extra) skill.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-08 12:29:35  
Asura.Catrina said: »
Correct, the question is: it ised to be a shared pool of about 2-12 (guesstimate) reload every 1:15 "hours", vanadiel time. If they removed the cap, did they remove the reload and made it less moon-dependant (50% moon used to be awful), or is it no longer shared?
My guess is that there just isn't a pool any more, shared or otherwise. I dug up 249 items before I hit fatigue but my dig accuracy wasn't going down. The zone would have been completely empty by then previous to the update. As for moon phase, I'm sure that still plays a factor on rarity of items and dig accuracy but I never really paid attention to that anyway.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-08 12:31:56  
Asura.Catrina said: »

Sky blue is only useful if you're not capped. Useless otherwise. I sent mine to my account alt. It does level you way faster if you use it, since you actually know if/when you're getting (some extra) skill.
Yeah I'm still A25 so I guess I'll continue to use Sky Blue until I get A10.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2016-06-08 13:17:13  
I'm A10, getting 1-3 items a dig, level 8 DSC and RCP, Bore and Burrow.
First Page 2 3 4