言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Digging » Chocobo Digging June 2016 Update
Chocobo Digging June 2016 Update
By Ulthakptah 2016-06-08 13:38:33  
Kisagotami said: »
I did behemoth's dominion today too. Never got more then 2 items per dig. My accuracy wasn't as high as yesterday but still much higher then normal. Also got 200 successful digs (not items) again before fatigue.

lightning cluster x11 (got with and without weather)
pebble x31
darksteel ore x4
silver ore x16
sphene x3
behemoth hide x10
bone chip x20
giant femur x21
bat wing x27
cactus stem x3
tree cuttings x7
granite x2
bloodthread x2
wildgrass seed x21
yellow ginseng x82 ... derp

Seems like I probably have Burrow then since I'm getting a lot of different items then you are with Bore. Also I was getting wildgrass and ginseng (which I'm guessing are Burrow exclusive) on single item digs so I think Bore/Burrow effects can happen any time. That would also explain the boost in dig accuracy.

For traits endurance and receptivity are going to be the best. As for skills I guess it depends on if the extra slots for Burrow/Bore can only give you the items specific to those skills or not. Still curious what Treasure Finder does though.

Someone who isn't banned should ask that on the OF, because I would like to know too. This really isn't something they should make us find out on our own considering the amount of time it takes to raise chocobos.
 Asura.Catrina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-08 14:05:22  
No diggable spot found in Halvung so far, but haven't checked behind gate. Is there any sandy area there?

digging Caedarva mire with my A55 burrow and bore bird (confirmed with chocobo circuit npc), 1st class discernment, impressive receptivity. no endurance vest.

Dogwood log
Rosewood log
flint stone
treant bulb
water lily
petrified log
arrowwood log
rosewood log
bone chip
yew log
plate of heavy metal (1)
mistletoe
imp wing
ebony log
alexandrite (1)
crystal (with weather)

so far 100 individual digs, way over 100 in dug items due to procs. 150 or so?
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-08 14:45:11  
Ulthakptah said: »
I did behemoth's dominion today too. Never got more then 2 items per dig. My accuracy wasn't as high as yesterday but still much higher then normal. Also got 200 successful digs (not items) again before fatigue.

lightning cluster x11 (got with and without weather)
pebble x31
darksteel ore x4
silver ore x16
sphene x3
behemoth hide x10
bone chip x20
giant femur x21
bat wing x27
cactus stem x3
tree cuttings x7
granite x2
bloodthread x2
wildgrass seed x21
yellow ginseng x82 ... derp

Seems like I probably have Burrow then since I'm getting a lot of different items then you are with Bore. Also I was getting wildgrass and ginseng (which I'm guessing are Burrow exclusive) on single item digs so I think Bore/Burrow effects can happen any time. That would also explain the boost in dig accuracy.

For traits endurance and receptivity are going to be the best. As for skills I guess it depends on if the extra slots for Burrow/Bore can only give you the items specific to those skills or not. Still curious what Treasure Finder does though.

Someone who isn't banned should ask that on the OF, because I would like to know too. This really isn't something they should make us find out on our own considering the amount of time it takes to raise chocobos.

All I noticed was that many times I didn't consume greens.
By Ulthakptah 2016-06-08 15:00:32  
Your bird has Treasure Finder instead of burrow or bore?
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-08 15:13:56  

treasure finder and bore, was a failed experiment, but I think it will have its uses depends on what you're targetting.
By Ulthakptah 2016-06-08 15:34:21  
Asura.Catrina said: »

treasure finder and bore, was a failed experiment, but I think it will have its uses depends on what you're targetting.

I'm starting to wonder if Treasure Finder is what is making you dig up HMPs and alexandrite.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-08 15:34:49  
That happens because of the discernment trait.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-08 15:49:26  

I'm starting to wonder if Treasure Finder is what is making you dig up HMPs and alexandrite.

Only one of the birds has that, both dug heavy metal plates.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-08 15:50:43  

My burrow/bore bird has 1st class discernment and that doesn't happen.
 Valefor.Agentbling
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Agentbling 2016-06-08 16:06:37  
I tried valley of sorrows today:
kitron - 2
lugworm - 31
iron ore - 26
mythril ore - 22
darksteel ore - 7
silver ore - 44
light opal - 4
fish scale - 19
bone chips - 25
turtle shell - 18
seashell - 25
giant femur - 9
tree cuttings - 8
gold leaf - 4
kopparnickel ore - 44
conquest points - 3
total - 291 with blue silks

I was hoping since behe dominion had behe hides, valley would have adamantoise shells, which NPC high. I also looked around mount z and couldn't find anyplace to dig. The zone is not listed as a place to find imperial standing in the update notes, so I'm guessing it's not diggable. It's really nice they removed the zone caps and gave a bonus to daily total, but the new items are looking pretty standard so far.

Has anyone tried digging with an egg helm to see if it gives an extra item?
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-08 16:11:17  
Valefor.Agentbling said: »
I tried valley of sorrows today:
kitron - 2
lugworm - 31
iron ore - 26
mythril ore - 22
darksteel ore - 7
silver ore - 44
light opal - 4
fish scale - 19
bone chips - 25
turtle shell - 18
seashell - 25
giant femur - 9
tree cuttings - 8
gold leaf - 4
kopparnickel ore - 44
conquest points - 3
total - 291 with blue silks

I was hoping since behe dominion had behe hides, valley would have adamantoise shells, which NPC high. I also looked around mount z and couldn't find anyplace to dig. The zone is not listed as a place to find imperial standing in the update notes, so I'm guessing it's not diggable. It's really nice they removed the zone caps and gave a bonus to daily total, but the new items are looking pretty standard so far.

Has anyone tried digging with an egg helm to see if it gives an extra item?

Haven't, should be only eggs, so unless there is some valuable egg do be dug, not worth it.
 Valefor.Agentbling
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Agentbling 2016-06-08 16:31:03  
Haven't, should be only eggs, so unless there is some valuable egg do be dug, not worth it.

Well, I was thinking more in the idea of abilities (burrow/bore) being the reason for adding the extra item slot(s). I only have bore on my bird, and have only seen double items maximum (which is a new thing, just curious about the cause). If people with bore and burrow are seeing three, it seems like a decent conclusion that if an ability 'procs' it will add an extra item to the dig.

The egg helm is supposed to add extra items also, so maybe it could do the same.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-08 16:36:53  
Valefor.Agentbling said: »

Well, I was thinking more in the idea of abilities (burrow/bore) being the reason for adding the extra item slot(s). I only have bore on my bird, and have only seen double items maximum (which is a new thing, just curious about the cause). If people with bore and burrow are seeing three, it seems like a decent conclusion that if an ability 'procs' it will add an extra item to the dig.

The egg helm is supposed to add extra items also, so maybe it could do the same.

I can try one of these days in a new and old area that might get eggs. Not saying it will be tomorrow, but will do so one of these days.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-08 16:58:33  

That's really odd because in the update notes that's exactly what it says it's supposed to do:
Quote:
DSC Occasionally does not consume gysahl greens.
Edit: I hope that's mistake that they'll fix because if that's what Treasure Finder does, that sucks >.<
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-08 17:34:30  

That's really odd because in the update notes that's exactly what it says it's supposed to do:
Quote:
DSC Occasionally does not consume gysahl greens.
Edit: I hope that's mistake that they'll fix because if that's what Treasure Finder does, that sucks >.<

Other theory: Might also be tied to digging level. Might be the case that my A55 isn't getting it *yet*.

My A10 Treasure hunter, bore, Outstanding discernment gets it,

My A55 doesn't. Burrow bore 1st Class discernment.
 Asura.Slugman
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2016-06-08 20:05:10  
Mostly pebbles and bone chips from BD.... but with a stupid jock choco (treasure finder only) I still got 2 hmps from 13 stacks of greens

Ragnarok.Flanteus
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2016-06-09 06:49:20  
Stats:
A-15~
1/1/8/8
Bore & Burrow
Endurance digging shirt

Western Altepa Desert:
28 Bone Chip
9 Coral Fragment
8 Darksteel Ore
10 Giant Femur
3 Gold Ore
16 Iron Ore
10 Pebble
1 Philosopher's Stone
20 Zinc Ore
17 Fish Scales
1 Giant Bird Plume
29 Black Chocobo Feather
32 Phoenix Feather
18 Red Moko Grass
5 Spider Web
11 Demon Horn
7 Demon Skull
8 Dragon Scales
14 High Quality Pugil Scales
18 Seashell
11 Titanictus Shell
8 Turtle Shell
5 Wyvern Scales
7 Earth Cluster (2xWeather)
1 Heavy Metal
1 CP
___
298 items

As you guys figured, Bore & Burrow occasionally add extra items slot per dig, you can see that by the type of these extra items e.g.:
- Original zone item
- Bore item
- Burrow item

You never get more than 1 item of each, you may dig up any one of them, all or none, which is why the digging accuracy seems increased due extra checks, this is an excellent change as now the game doesn't pick between either Zone/Bore/Burrow, which sometime used to work against you using a chocobo with Bore&Burrow. Can anyone confirm this by using Egg Helm to see if he can get up to 4 item?

I think Heavy Metal is added to the original zone items.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-09 07:10:35  
It does seem that it's no longer worth digging with rentals if you're going to dig at all. By the way if you have several birds, you can register to change which you'll call for a 250 gil fee. I believe it's 250 gil to recharge a whistle? So it's actually cheaper not digging with rental.

ETA: It's 400 gil per charge, full charge 25 times that, naturally. not horrible though, I guess.

I'll check if my alt has an egg helm to test, trying to figure out which have raised birds already and raising on remainder. Helms can be sent to alts iirc, so if you have alts you can test on.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-09 07:19:43  
Found an alt with raised bird, and egg helm. I'll let you know.

A60 only and racing bird (no abilities whatsoever), but will provide a baseline.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-09 12:01:29  
Caedarva Mire today:

tama-hagane x3
khroma ore x2
arrowwood log x61
yew log x18
rosewood log x15
ebony log x21
petrified log x14
ancient lumber x3
dogwood log x15
bloodwood log x3
bone chip x28
mistletoe x13
treant bulb x26
lancewood log x1
lesser chigoe x12
imp wing x7
water lily x15

I'm fairly sure my chocobo has poor receptivity, so that's probably why I haven't gotten any HMP/Alex yet. Or just have bad luck, which is normal for me haha.
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2016-06-09 12:11:05  
Rental Chocos still only get 100 items for a max day.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-09 12:45:52  
Underwelming day today, no new items found. I will add to a spreadsheet later for my A10 only (lower levels will skewe results).

So far my alt with egg helm didn't have any digs as proc's but too early. Level is so low that low accuracy might be a factor. Might help to use for people that need as many successful digs in order to level. Out of the daily 100, 16 were egg-related items (only used the saruta areas).

Didn't see any HMP, orichalcum or alexandrite anywhere in 80-76% waning in either digger used. Was weird.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2016-06-09 13:55:29  
Just done digging in North Gustaberg, trying to get Night only items to proc for a possiple 4th item per dig...but it didnt happen :( no Heavy metal or other high items either.

I don't think Treasure Finder does anything for digging, SE said they "improved" these abilities effect, each for it's own purpose, Bore&Burrow was always for digging, TF for that mini game... to confirm, someone with TF Chocobo play that game and see if discovering the treasure became much easier.

Lets go over chocobo new stats effect for digging:
STR: Provides a bonus to beastmen currencies gained.
"beastmen" I think they mean nations related currencies, I think with high STR bird, you will get conquest/imperial currency more often and/or at higher quantity, I'll test this tomorrow with my speed chocobo.

END: Helps prevent the chocobo from feeling tired.
the translation maybe off again, END stat always affected how long you can ride your chocobo before it gets "tired" but since this is related to digging maybe END affect item cap per day..my Speed chocobo have 5 END I'll try to dig without endurance shirt to see if I'll break the 100 item cap.

DSC: Occasionally does not consume gysahl greens.
absolutely useless, even with maxed DSC you save what 5k gil?
(BTW if you didn't get this effect maybe you forgot to re-register your bird)

RCP: Increases the chance of obtaining rare items.
This is very difficult to gouge, my maxed RCP Chocobo is still A15~20 and my digging results are not much different from ppl reporting in this thread using rental...sooo this needs further and proper testing.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-09 15:57:29  
So far my alt with egg helm didn't have any digs as proc's but too early. Level is so low that low accuracy might be a factor. Might help to use for people that need as many successful digs in order to level. Out of the daily 100, 16 were egg-related items (only used the saruta areas).
I tested the egg helm a while back and I could never get the "skill up" message from the Sky Blue Silks to show up for egg related items. So even if it increases your dig accuracy, I don't think it will help you level up faster.
Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »
I don't think Treasure Finder does anything for digging, SE said they "improved" these abilities effect, each for it's own purpose, Bore&Burrow was always for digging, TF for that mini game... to confirm, someone with TF Chocobo play that game and see if discovering the treasure became much easier.
I did the hot and cold game the last 3 days with my Treasure Finder chocobo and I didn't notice a difference.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-09 16:09:08  
I tested the egg helm a while back and I could never get the "skill up" message from the Sky Blue Silks to show up for egg related items. So even if it increases your dig accuracy, I don't think it will help you level up faster.
I did the hot and cold game the last 3 days with my Treasure Finder chocobo and I didn't notice a difference.

I think it gives an extra discovery circle notice? Either the Kewh!? or Khew!??? (or something to that effect)
By Kisagotami 2016-06-09 16:35:53  
I think it gives an extra discovery circle notice? Either the Kewh!? or Khew!??? (or something to that effect)
Yeah, but Treasure Finder has always done that. I meant that I didn't notice any change since the update.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-09 18:50:59  
* Players must re-register their chocobo after the June version update goes live for these changes to take effect.

/facepalm. From update notes This must be it. The one I'm getting the procs on was re-registed (I changed form a different one I used to use). My other chocobo wasn't re-registered. Re-register=trade the chocobo VCS card to chocobo raiser and register to call that chocobo.

Doesn't explain the "Treasure hunter" trait benefits unless it makes the items better, but there's no easy way to test that. I got good items (once), not so much the other time. Would take data from a lot of people with and without trait.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2016-06-10 05:20:45  
TF improvement could be anything, better items, Increases jackpot chance/radius, gives more accurate hints..etc
By Kisagotami 2016-06-10 11:47:09  
I did Caedarva Mire again today. Similar items as yesterday but I got 1x HMP and 2x Alex. And I figured out that my chocobo is 2/8/8/3.
TF improvement could be anything, better items, Increases jackpot chance/radius, gives more accurate hints..etc
I haven't got Jackpot the last 4 days but it's normally less then 10% for me anyway so not enough info there yet. Hints are exactly the same as before and the items are just as crappy lol. I forget what I found the previous 3 days but today I got x-potion +2, parasite worm and gausebit wildgrass.

Edit: The only thing I can think of is that maybe Treasure Finder gives more skill up when doing the hot & cold game. That would be near impossible to test though.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-10 12:08:43  
A10, Beaucedine today, as always Treasure hunter and bore, endurance vest, waning crescent 17%

pebble
crystals (all) - Some 14 stacks
black tiger fang
gigas necklace
petrified log
beaugreens
ice cluster (with weather?)
lugworm
chuck of ordrynite (5 or 6, rare ex)
darksteel ore
platinum leaf

Better things might be there, but not impressed so far.