users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Digging » Chocobo Digging June 2016 Update
Chocobo Digging June 2016 Update
 Asura.Catrina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-10 12:57:05  
Qufim island on my A55 who became A50 during session, no vests, with the re-registered burrow/bore bird, high DSC, RCP. And yes, green consuption reduction kicked in.

beastcoin (23)
crsytals (all types - about 6 stacks)
silver beastcoin (16)
zinc ore (4)
mythril beastcoin (3)
bone chip (18)
yellow rock (1)
plate of heavy metal (2)
silica (5)
red jar (1)
tin ore (4)
coral fragment (1)
By Kisagotami 2016-06-10 13:28:10  
So RCP definitely seems to help you get HMP. I've only got 1 in 4 days of digging with my "A bit deficient."

Anyone keeping track of their conquest points and imperial standing? I've been getting about 800 per with my "Substandard" STR chocobo. And it seems pretty rare too, I think my best was 7 times in 200 digs.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-10 13:55:16  
Kisagotami said: »
So RCP definitely seems to help you get HMP. I've only got 1 in 4 days of digging with my "A bit deficient."

Anyone keeping track of their conquest points and imperial standing? I've been getting about 800 per with my "Substandard" STR chocobo. And it seems pretty rare too, I think my best was 7 times in 200 digs.

I use logger plugin, it's buried somewhere in there. And yea,, my lower level digger with a far better digging bird gets a lot more HMP than my maxed digger, it seems. Not sure if/when I'll have time to compile all that data, easier to track with items if I had an empty inventory (not always the case, hardly ever, even). At a minimum, I'll post the different results, since I only have to type once.
By Ulthakptah 2016-06-10 15:18:18  
From Bluegartr said:
Treasure Finder (2016/6/10)

Can you please explain what exactly this Chocobo ability does?
As of the 2016/6/7 update, the ability “Treasure Finder” decreases the odds of finding no items when digging. Before, this was only possible through the “Tandjana Wildgrass”, but we have changed it so that the item “Gysahl Greens” also activates this effect. Please make use of it!

Well that answers that.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-10 15:44:58  
Ulthakptah said: »
From Bluegartr said:

As of the 2016/6/7 update, the ability “Treasure Finder” decreases the odds of finding no items when digging. Before, this was only possible through the “Tandjana Wildgrass”, but we have changed it so that the item “Gysahl Greens” also activates this effect. Please make use of it!

Well that answers that.

When you dig or when you go for the old wives' tale of comsuming a green before digging?
By Kisagotami 2016-06-10 15:49:12  
Interesting. So that's essentially the same effect as DSC. All it really does is save you some gysahl green (less digs to fatigue because of higher accuracy).

And now that I think about it, Bore and Burrow still lower the amount of "regular" items you'll get per day. The added slots make it so any given dig isn't competing regular item vs bore/burrow item, but if you get a single bore/burrow item dig that still takes away one fatigue that could have been a regular item.

So I guess it's really what you're targeting. If you're just going for HMP it might be best to use Treasure Finder and no other ability. That's assuming Bore or Burrow aren't required to dig HMP or that HMP can't be a regular item AND a Bore/Burrow item.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-10 16:14:59  
Asura.Catrina said: »
Ulthakptah said: »
From Bluegartr said:

Well that answers that.

When you dig or when you go for the old wives' tale of comsuming a green before digging?
I'm guessing it was posted in the Japanese section because I don't see it anywhere in the English forums. The odd wording is probably a translation issue. My guess is that it's NOT from eating gysahl greens... that would be really weird if it was.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-10 16:21:33  
Interesting. So that's essentially the same effect as DSC. All it really does is save you some gysahl green (less digs to fatigue because of higher accuracy).

And now that I think about it, Bore and Burrow still lower the amount of "regular" items you'll get per day. The added slots make it so any given dig isn't competing regular item vs bore/burrow item, but if you get a single bore/burrow item dig that still takes away one fatigue that could have been a regular item.

So I guess it's really what you're targeting. If you're just going for HMP it might be best to use Treasure Finder and no other ability. That's assuming Bore or Burrow aren't required to dig HMP or that HMP can't be a regular item AND a Bore/Burrow item.

Yea, if you raise several types, you can register which bird you want to use before you dig for 250 gil. It'seasy to have a stable of sorts, if you work on it and get 3 birds or more.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-10 16:43:07  
If anyone is interested here's the official post where they explain Treasure Finder: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50780-%E3%83%90%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E3%82%92%E8%AA%9E%E3%82%8B%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AC-16%E5%B9%B46%E6%9C%88?p=580392&viewfull=1#post580392

Whoever translated it on the BG Forum did a better job then Google translate does, haha.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2016-06-10 17:03:17  
Stats:
8/5/5/5
Gallop & Canter
A15~
Skill up shirt

Xarcabard:
8 Conquest Points (600-1250)
1 Soil Geode (Earth Day)
5 Flame Geode (Fire Day)
1 Relic Iron
9 Demon Skull
26 Bone Chip
9 Gold Ore
2 Petrified Log
17 Ahriman Lens
12 Gigas Socks (Smells good!)
35 Pebble
19 Old Arrow
20 Frost Turnip
___
164 Items!!!

- Accuracy is low, due to zone items only.
- STR does increase the frequency of nation currency.
- Nation Currency is considired an item and affected by digging skill up equipments.
- I can confirm END increases the 100 item cap limit!!!!, 64/5= 12.8~ item per 1 rank of END for a total of 8 ranks (~200 items), remember these ranks represent a range of points from 0-255, for example, First class (level 8 or grade SS) is anywhere between 224-255.

I don't know which is faster, raising a chocobo with maxed END & RCP with Bore & Burrow or farming chocobobucks for tokens... my Chocobo stats are maxed so raising END will lower either DSC or RCP then I'll have to use RCP tokens hmmm....

Currency is added to zone items pool so keeping STR lowest is better, good thing it's so rare to begin with.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2016-06-10 17:16:14  

This is correct, if the regular item "missed" the game checks for bore and/or burrow pool to dig from consuming one fatigue, HMP is the best item to aim for so far, but still I can't tell if its considered bore & burrow item as well, it's too rare.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-10 17:47:13  
Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »
This is correct, if the regular item "missed" the game checks for bore and/or burrow pool to dig from consuming one fatigue, HMP is the best item to aim for so far, but still I can't tell if its considered bore & burrow item as well, it's too rare.
Well I've dug one up with Burrow only and Catrina has dug one up with Bore only. So either it's a normal item or it's in both Bore and Burrow items (or maybe in all 3).
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-11 12:12:32  
All digging in Xarcabard today, 40% waxing crescent

no vest / Endurance vest)
A50, / A10
burrow,bore / bore, TH
Crystals 64 / 123
Frost turnip 4 / 16
old arrow 8 / 18
pebble 6 / 14
gigas socks 3 / 13
ahriman lens 2 / 10
beastcoin 25 / -
gold ore 3 / 13
gold beastcoin 1 / -
mythril beastcoin 2 / -
silver beastcoin 13 / -
ametrine, light opal(day-related) 1 / 4
bone chip 10 / 15
tutuku whiteshell 1 / -
snow geode (weather) 1 / -
demon skull - / 2
relic iron - / 2

Nothing amazing, but you can pinpoint where certain items (coins) come from (burrow in this case).

skull and relic iron rare-ish items.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2016-06-11 16:17:20  
A15~
1/1/8/8
Bore & Burrow
Endurance Shirt
50% moon

Cape Teriggan:
Zone items:
8 Shall Shell
18 Lugworm
2 Mythril Ore
7 Sphene
23 Fish Scales
15 Bone Chip
23 Sea Shell
8 Philosopher's Stone
15 Manticore Hair
8 Cactus Stem
6 Light Chest

Bore&Burrow items:

48 Arrowwood Log
10 Elm Log
13 Yew Log
19 Oak Log
6 Mahogany Log
7 Rosewood Log
3 Ancient Lumber
8 Spider web
9 Giant Bird Plume
23 Phoenix Feather
52 Black Chocobo Feather
1 Lacquer Tree Log
21 Red Moko Grass
___
353 Items
By Kisagotami 2016-06-11 19:24:08  
Seems like on double item digs, the Burrow item is always listed second.

In Caedarva Mire I think the Burrow items are:
mistletoe
arrowwood log
rosewood log
yew log
ebony log
dogwood log

So if someone got a HMP/Alex/Dyna coin in a double/triple item dig we would know for sure if it's a normal item or if it shows up in both Bore and Burrow.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-12 11:29:30  
So I may be wrong about them always being in the same order...

It could be that Bloodwood Log is in regular items and Burrow items though.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-12 14:07:12  
Decided to dig on Xarcabard on my A10 with a TH, canter bird, high DCS, RCP.

Frost turnip 18
old arrow 21
pebble 28
gigas socks 26
ahriman lens 23
gold ore 14
sunstone/sphene (firesday/earthday) 7+7
bone chip 32
demon skull 16
tukuku whiteshell 2
o.bronzepiece 1
1 byne bill 2
relic iron 7
coin of decay 1

TOTAL 205

Still not impressed. I wonder if there's 100's in either Xarc/beauc or HMP. Nothing so far in either.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2016-06-13 08:46:04  
So I may be wrong about them always being in the same order...

It could be that Bloodwood Log is in regular items and Burrow items though.
Your first assumption is correct, but only if you dig 3 items, the first item is 100% regular zone item BUT the 2nd/3rd slots can be either bore or burrow, it changes between the two for some reason, plus the fact sometime certain item type can be bore in one zone and burrow in another.

I'm not impressed either with the update, they just copy pasted junk items from another zone and change it a bit, you cant farm anything good reliability even with maxed chocobos...
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-13 10:51:04  
Cape Teriggan also has lizard molt as main item (about 2 stacks) on my A10, endurance.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-13 11:19:13  
I'm not impressed either with the update, they just copy pasted junk items from another zone and change it a bit, you cant farm anything good reliability even with maxed chocobos...
It may not be impressive but it is a huge improvement I think. I've been working on getting my digging to A10 and at least now I can make ~200k a day doing it. I would say it's about as useful as fishing now, haha. Plus it's a great way to get crafting materials :)
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-14 03:53:38  
It may not be impressive but it is a huge improvement I think. I've been working on getting my digging to A10 and at least now I can make ~200k a day doing it. I would say it's about as useful as fishing now, haha. Plus it's a great way to get crafting materials :)

i don't mind either. From my experiments, it's been a lot easier to level up diggers (they're levelling up a lot faster), even if they're limited to 100-200 items each. Besides, the chocobo vests can be sent to characters in same accounts, so, levelling crafting alts that can actually use the mats as diggers. Haven't dug in a waxing crescent yet though, but I wonder how rentals fare in that, out of curiosity.

ETA: meant non-rentals. Typically I used rentals.
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-14 16:01:06  
Qufim also has sparkling stones and dynamis currency on occasion. HMP is, at the very least, obttainable without burrow or bore (might be in those pools as well).
By Kisagotami 2016-06-14 16:21:42  
Qufim also has sparkling stones and dynamis currency on occasion. HMP is, at the very least, obttainable without burrow or bore (might be in those pools as well).
Thanks, good to know. I think I'm going to make a END/RCP chocobo with Treasure Finder only then.... I just wish it didn't take a month to raise a chocobo :/
By logsrus 2016-06-19 06:48:48  
Anybody getting the message:
"Your chocobo refuses to partake of the bunch of gysahl greens"

I am getting it regularly after 1 drop, 2 drops and free drops (dig with ease)

I have never seen this message until today after doing the registration.

I am A-10 with a re-registered bird:

female
weather: prefers clear days, dislikes none
s:poor
e:poor
disc:1st class
recept:1st class
Treasure Finder and Bore
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-19 13:48:42  
Yea that comes crom receptivity (I think). High receptivity is supposed to do that, discernment allows for rare items from time to time (iirc)
By Kisagotami 2016-06-19 14:51:43  
Yea that comes crom receptivity (I think). High receptivity is supposed to do that, discernment allows for rare items from time to time (iirc)
Nope, other way around, Discernment "Occasionally does not consume gysahl greens." and Receptivity "Increases the chance of obtaining rare items."

Also, I got A20 today! It only took me 18 days of digging, so the update definitely helped a ton (it took me 28 days to get A25). Also the first 5 days were pre-update so hopefully A15 will come even faster :)
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2016-06-19 16:29:29  
I always wondered, is it better to skill up using skill up shirt or endurance shirt?

Personally I use endurance shirt, 50% more items = 50% more skill up chance/rate plus the extra items, unless the other shirt gives a much higher increased than that.
By Kisagotami 2016-06-19 17:51:57  
I always wondered, is it better to skill up using skill up shirt or endurance shirt?

Personally I use endurance shirt, 50% more items = 50% more skill up chance/rate plus the extra items, unless the other shirt gives a much higher increased than that.
It's really hard to tell. The skill up shirt gives the message 50% of the time on successful digs. But since you there's no indicator without it, how do you compare? And do we really know if that message even indicates a skill up? I think the best way to test it would be to have 2 characters skill up from zero and see which one goes faster... but I don't have the patients for that, haha.

I've been using the skill up shirt just because it "feels" more effective since I get the messages.
 Leviathan.Ayrlie
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kimmy78
By Leviathan.Ayrlie 2016-06-27 00:19:50  
I'm A10 with Bore/Burrow chococbo and blue race silk

Beaucedine: loaded with ice clusters, darksteel ore, gigas socks, gigas necklace, black tiger fangs. Dug up 4 1/2 stacks of ice clusters during double ice weather.

Xarcabard: old arrow, gold ore, deathstone, gigas socks, gigas necklace
 Asura.Catrina
By Asura.Catrina 2016-06-27 17:42:33  
Just dug on 7% waxing crescent with my A10 on behemoth dominion, got a wind ore (windsday). No weather present.