言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Rhapsodies of Vanadiel Mission V2 Step by step
Rhapsodies of Vanadiel Mission V2 Step by step
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By sitadel 2015-08-08 21:33:46  
I only just completed Purple, The New Black (WOTG mission 7 and have only done Sandy city quests) and then I zoned back into Sandy (S) for a cut scene with Lilisette who mentioned we can enter WoE through a Maw.

Went to the Ballita Downs maw (in the present) and when you select it gives you the option if you want to go to the past or walk of echoes.

Select the WoE option and you'll appear in the usual place and can go up the stairs to the ornate door.

After the CS you'll pop out in Grauberg by the ??? which pops the NM. Once the NM is dead (check ??? again) you can use the conflux nearby to re-enter WoE.

Hope this hasn't repeated anything, but can help someone out.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-08-08 23:15:16  
Asura.Ccl said: »
This RoV was lacking some lion action!
maby because she is inside the crystal right now due to the events at the end of zilart? I assume RoV will talk about apocalypse nigh stuff in chapter 3
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-08 23:22:12  
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »
This RoV was lacking some lion action!
maby because she is inside the crystal right now due to the events at the end of zilart? I assume RoV will talk about apocalypse nigh stuff in chapter 3
We already encountered Lion in the first part of RoV.
 Asura.Mrxdemix
サーバ: Asura
user: Mrxdemix
By Asura.Mrxdemix 2015-08-09 01:08:27  
MikeTizzle said: »
How much story progress do I need for the crashing wave cutscene?

I'm one of many wondering the same thing. I'm working on CoP right now.

EDIT: Wow. I can't even believe it. I just finished CoP 3-2 and it auto-triggered the Crashing Wave cutscene. I am now on Call to Serve and obtained the Tenzen's Alter Ego II Cipher! I've updated the FFXIclopedia page with this newly found information.
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Esequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2015-08-09 04:41:31  
sitadel said: »
I only just completed Purple, The New Black (WOTG mission 7 and have only done Sandy city quests) and then I zoned back into Sandy (S) for a cut scene with Lilisette who mentioned we can enter WoE through a Maw.

Went to the Ballita Downs maw (in the present) and when you select it gives you the option if you want to go to the past or walk of echoes.

Select the WoE option and you'll appear in the usual place and can go up the stairs to the ornate door.

After the CS you'll pop out in Grauberg by the ??? which pops the NM. Once the NM is dead (check ??? again) you can use the conflux nearby to re-enter WoE.

I don't get the option at the maw, something must be bugged!
 Fenrir.Divinian
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-08-09 10:10:48  
Bahamut.Lordesequiel said: »
sitadel said: »

Edit: It could be that you can't get it until you see cait sith somewhere in a story line. I have been catching my mule up in WoTG and he has to go through the cait sith missions...my main did not and is currently in a part of the WoTG story line where he hasn't seen cait sith in a while.

I don't get the option at the maw, something must be bugged!
It has to do with the new KI, Lightsworm, which replaces your pure white feather KI. However, I cannot remember where I picked it up. Only my least progressed mule has it, while my main still has pure white feather. We are at the same spot in the RoV stories and WoTG. I'm perplexed.
By dragomair 2015-08-09 11:17:41  
I'm on the mission Crashing Waves, I got the cutscene with my inventory full, it tried to give me the cipher and then never gave me the next mission
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2015-08-09 11:17:50  
Do you know which CS you got the worm at?
 Bahamut.Aelissa
user: Ivinora
By Bahamut.Aelissa 2015-08-09 12:06:56  
dragomair said: »
I'm on the mission Crashing Waves, I got the cutscene with my inventory full, it tried to give me the cipher and then never gave me the next mission

There should be a white glowing point without a name somewhere, try clicking that (should be near the area of the CS).

I had a problem where i crashed in the middle of the port jeuno CS when i logged in i didn't get the CS anymore ended up checking the white glowing point (resume point i guess)to get the Cipher from it, then i had to talk to the bard in port jeuno to watch the CS to let it catch up in my log
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2015-08-09 12:46:47  
Anyone seen a glowing thing near the Batallia Maw in the present not past? My issue is that it has skipped the mission where Cait Sith gives you the KI. Maybe it will get fixed in the update tomorrow.
 Cerberus.Commandervimes
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Commandervimes 2015-08-09 15:08:29  
Stuck on Sacrifice too. Am on the quests for Fate in Haze (and have been for a while)...
Saw someone mention Lightsworm KI so searched for that, BG lists it as a temporary item added in the August update. This may be needed for those that haven't got access to Pashhow or Grauberg walk of echoes. Just no idea of how/where to get it.

Any help would be appreciated, really don't want to have to do another 20+ WoTG missions...
 Leviathan.Krysten
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-08-09 15:20:12  
Step by Step ohhhhh babyyy!!
[+]
 Asura.Mrxdemix
By Asura.Mrxdemix 2015-08-09 16:17:41  
Is there any chance that Square Enix will make it so you don't have to complete Wings of the Goddess to do Cauterize in RoV?
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-08-09 16:27:10  
Non way,
Juste keep on mind clear the missions is an part of the game.
So finish all the additional scenario and enjoy the deepest of this game.
By cygnusxone 2015-08-09 17:59:32  
So like, does anybody like, read the text during cutscenes? Or here's an off the wall, crazy idea, maybe the mission log has something to say on the matter..... Nah, couldn't be that easy. Could it?! Well looky there, the mission log does tell what's required. Anyway good luck on your RoV ch.2 missions. It's really not that complicated if one pays attention and reads/comprehends cutscene texts.
[+]
 Shiva.Chumm
サーバ: Shiva
user: ithorien
By Shiva.Chumm 2015-08-10 02:10:38  
Asura.Mrxdemix said: »
Is there any chance that Square Enix will make it so you don't have to complete Wings of the Goddess to do Cauterize in RoV?
Finishing wings wasn't necessary for Cauterize, some people just got bugged and couldn't get cs, which was what that notice was for. The issue following that was not being able to access the correct version of Walk of Echoes without having high WotG missions done (47) or having VW Jeuno path done. Today's patch seems to have fixed that and I was able to enter the right WoE zone through the Batallia cavernous maw.

This still requires WotG 7 to be done to trigger the cutscene with Lilisette in Sandy (S), but so far that should be it. A later mission required atomos/cait sith fights to be done, but only if you had finished WotG and not done those fights yet. If you've not yet progressed to those missions, you don't need to finish them, LS mates have completed RoV with WotG 47 done and no further.

Edit: Confirmed, I was able to finish RoV having only completed WotG 7.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-10 02:35:36  
SE has published this list of CoP/ToAU/WotG missions that locks the main NPCs up and stops progression.

Quote:
#1: Prishe

Prishe will not be available if you are currently undertaking one of the following Chains of Promathia missions.

The Rites of Life / Below the Arks / The Mothercrystals / An Invitation West /
The Lost City / Distant Beliefs / An Eternal Melody / Ancient Vows / Darkness Named* /
Slanderous Utterings* / Desire of Emptiness / Three Forks* / For Whom the Verse is Sung /
A Place to Return / More Questions than Answers* / One to be Feared / The Warrior's Path /
Garden of Antiquity / When Angels Fall / Dawn

* The Three Forks, Prishe will temporarily become available by progressing from Where Messengers Gather to Head Wind.
* In Darkness Named, Prishe will become temporarily available after vanquishing Diabolos.
* In Slanderous Utterings, Prishe will become unavailable after departing from Tavnazia by ship.
* In More Questions than Answers, Prishe becomes available after reuniting with her.
* In Dawn, Prishe is unavailable until viewing the cutscene for The Chains Fall Free in Lufaise Meadows.

#2: Tenzen

Tenzen will not be available if you are currently undertaking one of the following Chains of Promathia missions.

Desire of Emptiness / The Warrior’s Path / Garden of Antiquity / When Angels Fall / Dawn

* In Dawn, Tenzen is unavailable until viewing the cutscene for The Chains Fall Free in Lufaise Meadows.

#3: Aphmau

Aphmau will not be available if you are currently undertaking one of the following Treasures of Aht Urhgan missions.

Land of Sacred Serpents / Immortal Sentries / President Salaheem / Knight of Gold /
Confessions of Royalty / Easterly Winds / Westerly Winds / A Mercenary Life / Undersea Scouting /
Astral Waves / Imperial Schemes / Sweets for the Soul / Teahouse Tumult / Finders Keepers /
Seal of the Serpent / Misplaced Nobility / Bastion of Knowledge / Puppet in Peril / Prevalence of Pirates /
Shades of Vengeance / In the Blood / Sentinels’ Honor / Testing the Waters / Legacy of the Lost /
Gaze of the Saboteur / Path of Blood / Stirrings of War / Allied Rumblings / Unraveling Reason /
Light of Judgment / Path of Darkness / Fangs of the Lion / Nashmeira’s Plea / Ragnarok / Imperial Coronation

#4: Lilisette

Lilisette will not be available if you are currently undertaking one of the following Wings of the Goddess missions.

Cavernous Maws / Back to the Beginning / Cait Sith / The Queen of the Dance / While the Cat is Away /
On Thin Ice / Proof of Valor / A Sanguinary Prelude / Dungeons and Dancers / Distorter of Time /
The Will of the World / Adieu, Lilisette / By the Fading Light / Edge of Existence / Her Memories /
Forget Me Not / Pillar of Hope / Glimmer of Life / Time slips Away / When Wills Collide / Whispers of Dawn /
Where it All Began / A Token of Troth / Lest We Forget*

* Lilisette will become available once the player has accepted the quest A Forbidden Reunion and reunited with her.

#5: Cait Sith

Cait Sith will not be available if you are currently undertaking one of the following Wings of the Goddess missions.

Cavernous Maws / Back to the Beginning / Where it All Began / A Token of Troth / Lest We Forget*

* Cait Sith will become available once the player has accepted the quest Champion of the Dawn.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-10 03:12:32  
Here is the list of what NPCs are used in which ROV missions, from SE,

ScenarioPrisheTenzenAphmauLilisetteCait Sith
Spirits Awoken-#2---
Crashing Waves-----
Call to Serve-#2---
Numbering Days#1#2---
Inescapable Binds#1#2---
Desert Winds-----
Ever Forward-#2---
The Endless Sky-----
Aphmau's Light-----
Reunited--#3--
Take Wing-#2#3--
Prime Number-#2#3--
From the Ruins#1#2---
Cauterize--#3--
Uncertain Destinations----#5
Ganged Up On----#5
Sacrifice---#4#5
Somber Dreams---#4#5
Of Light and Darkness---#4#5
Temporary Farewells-----
Brushing Up-----
Keep On Giving-----
Past Imperfect-----
The Cursed Temple-#2---
Wisdom of Our Forefathers-#2---
Where Divinities Collide-#2---
Visions of Dread-#2---
To the Skies-#2---
Escha - Ru'Aun-#2---
The Decisive Heroine-#2---
Fall from Grace-#2---
Banishing the Darkness-----
Over the Rainbow-#2---
Cacophonous Discord-#2---
Eddies of Despair-----
Pretender to the Throne-----
Banished-----
Call of the Void-#2---
Both Paths Taken-----
The Man Behind the Mask-----
Uncertain Futures-----
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-10 04:08:24  
Shiva.Chumm said: »
Asura.Mrxdemix said: »
Finishing wings wasn't necessary for Cauterize, some people just got bugged and couldn't get cs, which was what that notice was for. The issue following that was not being able to access the correct version of Walk of Echoes without having high WotG missions done (47) or having VW Jeuno path done. Today's patch seems to have fixed that and I was able to enter the right WoE zone through the Batallia cavernous maw.

This still requires WotG 7 to be done to trigger the cutscene with Lilisette in Sandy (S), but so far that should be it. A later mission required atomos/cait sith fights to be done, but only if you had finished WotG and not done those fights yet. If you've not yet progressed to those missions, you don't need to finish them, LS mates have completed RoV with WotG 47 done and no further.

Still remains to be seen if it can be finished with just WotG 7, will report back if I hit a roadblock.

According to the list, Goddess wasn't the issue, It was not people not having Treasures completed.
 Shiva.Chumm
サーバ: Shiva
user: ithorien
By Shiva.Chumm 2015-08-10 04:22:02  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
According to the list, Goddess wasn't the issue, It was not people not having Treasures completed.
You don't need treasures completed, just need Aphmau to be in the palace. Yes some people got stuck because NPCs weren't available for stuff per the chart, but some of the blocks were legit bugs that got fixed today.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-10 08:57:15  
For ToAU, you need to be up to a minimum of ToAU 17 to get the cutscene with Aphmau.
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-10 09:00:16  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
For ToAU, you need to be up to a minimum of ToAU 17 to get the cutscene with Aphmau.

this is not true, my mule was able to proceed after completing Mission 13. (killed the NM, did not proceed to 14)
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-10 09:02:32  
That's odd, it wouldn't give me the CS until I was on 17. Maybe there was some other conflict.
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-10 09:15:04  
the mission requirements have seemed so erratic that I just don't know at this point. for my mule, I completed the mission by killing the NM and getting the coin from the tombstone in Nashmau. warped back to AU and, on a whim before running to Naja, clicked on the castle gates and was allowed to continue with RoV. my main got the Lilisette II Trust CS while running around completing WotG missions in Southern San d'Oria [S] of all places.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-10 09:18:27  
SE should've just made a blanket rule that you need to be 100% completed on all other storyline missions to begin Rhapsodies. It would've upset some people, but at least it would've prevented this mess.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-08-10 09:56:05  
Could also check what "rhapsody" means from dictionary. I'm the first to admit that's exactly what I had to do.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2015-08-10 12:41:56  
The "problem" was that the quest was basically broken because the Lightsworm KI needed to access the deep section of WoE was not being given to players.

It was straight-up bugged until they fixed it with today's patch. That you could work around it with 100% WoTG clear or VW completion to Provenance was not relevant.
The other progress restrictions were and are entirely sensible; you just have to have met the relevant pc and have them "available" in their respective expansion missions.

Hence you do need some progress in every expansion to get through, but just enough so the storyline makes sense.
 Asura.Mrxdemix
By Asura.Mrxdemix 2015-08-10 14:59:24  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
SE should've just made a blanket rule that you need to be 100% completed on all other storyline missions to begin Rhapsodies. It would've upset some people, but at least it would've prevented this mess.

If this were the case I would have quit the game. 100%.

I really, really don't like your idea on this matter.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-10 15:37:59  
To each their own.

Personally, I'd much rather know whether or not I meet the requirements for something, than to keep hitting brick walls and not immediately knowing why.