言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Rhapsodies of Vanadiel Mission V2 Step by step
Rhapsodies of Vanadiel Mission V2 Step by step
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By zaxtiss 2015-08-05 15:18:39  
do youneeed to have CoP done atth e start of RoVII?
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-08-05 15:28:02  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Fenrir.Divinian said: »
Fenrir.Usagy said: »
For people that can't seem to get first cs in Norg, seems you need city rank 10 for that. I guess it's only logical that you eventually need all storylines cleared since these are the final game missions that combine stuff from all areas.

My mule is rank 6 and was able to get the cutscene. He has CoP completed to Garden of Antiquity, up to salvage requirements for ToAU, and basically no ZM or WoTG done, yet.

I'm sure he will need to catch up, but the first CS came through fine.

Based on SE's choice of wording, I don't think you need to have all missions done, or even one storyline of missions done. The problem some people are having is probably because of being on a particular mission that conflicts with the storyline of Rhapsodies.

For example, you might be on a nation mission where an NPC has been kidnapped, yet that NPC appears in your next Rhapsodies mission. I can totally see SE blocking progress with that kind of conflict.

I think that may be the case as I am on mission 37 in ToAU and I can not click the door for rhapsody 2-7 at the palace.
 Carbuncle.Israfell
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: orionx3
By Carbuncle.Israfell 2015-08-05 15:43:41  
I just got the CS at the Imperial Whitegate Palace. I could not get the CS earlier today so I went to do ToAU missions.
Well, a couple CSs after the Black Coffin fight with Gessho (ToAU 15) is where Naja tells me to put on a certain outfit. I had that outfit on, and I didn't get the ToAU mission CS I got the RoV mission CS.

Please note, I did try putting on this same Scorpion Harness before doing these ToAU missions today and I got nothing at all.

So I have concluded that you must first be at least to ToAU 17.

I'll see how far I can get without hitting another road block. I'm thinking I will at least get the first KI but have to do so WotG missions to get to the second KI.
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
サーバ: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-08-05 15:51:18  
makenshi123 said: »
Do we know what the new KI's do yet?
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46977-Key-Items-Available-by-Progressing-through-Rhapsodies-of-Vana%E2%80%99diel
By Istabicure 2015-08-05 16:29:06  
I didn't cure myself and died at the end fight, anyone know how to obtain a second ki to redo the final boss? thanks in advance.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-05 16:31:59  
Try the sparkly spot in Ru'Aun where the two Sirens gave you the ki.
 Asura.Mrxdemix
user: Mrxdemix
By Asura.Mrxdemix 2015-08-05 16:43:58  
I'm very disappointed. I was hoping that I'd be able to enjoy the final three chapters of FFXI without completing all these missions. Many of them require a remarkable amount of time, most of which is running. For example, I must have spent an hour trying to complete Promyvion-Dem, and still have two more Promyvions to complete just for a single mission out of HUNDREDS between CoP, WotG, AG, etc.

This might be the end of my FFXI career unfortunately... was fun while it lasted.

Just to be clear, I understand that Rhapsodies of Vana'diel dives deep into the previous narrative and builds upon it, so being able to skip 10 year old stories wouldn't make much sense. However, the rewards for these Rhapsodies missions are so significant that I would go as far as to say they are a requirement for progression. For someone like me who came back to the game in 2015 to relive nostalgia and witness the final chapter of the game, the barrier of entry is remarkably significant.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-05 16:49:48  
Asura.Mrxdemix said: »
someone like me who came back to the game in 2015 to relive nostalgia
Doesn't make sense that someone who comes back for nostalgia doesn't wanna do the nostalgic things...
[+]
 Asura.Mrxdemix
By Asura.Mrxdemix 2015-08-05 16:52:59  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Asura.Mrxdemix said: »
someone like me who came back to the game in 2015 to relive nostalgia
Doesn't make sense that someone who comes back for nostalgia doesn't wanna do the nostalgic things...

All my nostalgia is from music and social interaction. I've completed many missions and had to do them solo since nobody does them anymore. It's saddening.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-08-05 17:15:38  
To everyone out there that is complaining that about how there are "roadblocks" and such, keep in mind that when they first announced this mission line, they said that it would connect all the other stories in some way and that they would require us to have experienced that content first.

We were warned from the get-go.
[+]
 Asura.Mrxdemix
By Asura.Mrxdemix 2015-08-05 17:24:20  
Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
To everyone out there that is complaining that about how there are "roadblocks" and such, keep in mind that when they first announced this mission line, they said that it would connect all the other stories in some way and that they would require us to have experienced that content first.

We were warned from the get-go.

That's legit. I'm glad they did that. I just wish I could enjoy some content with others without all these hurdles in my way. It's hard to muster the motivation when you don't have much free time.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-08-05 17:49:42  
As a heads up, the Temple of Uggalepih mission in the OP says go to the granite door at Map3. If you are using maps from BG, that one is marked Map2. To clarify, it is the section where Sozu Rogberry, the Thief's Knife NM, is popped.
[+]
By marksx 2015-08-05 17:59:15  
Hey guys I have some news for people stuck on "step 7", where you must enter the palace at the whitegate door.

My cousin was on ToAU 19 and was unable to enter. We read that some people were able to get a sandy CS first so he tried that out. The CS at sandy involved the Rhapsody NPCs saying that Nashmeira was in Aydeewa Subterane.

So, he did the next few ToAU missions until Nashmeira returned to the palace. He was then able to get the CS! Our theory is, Nashmeira must be technically in the palace story wise to get the cs.
[+]
 Shiva.Chumm
user: ithorien
By Shiva.Chumm 2015-08-05 18:41:51  
Regarding WotG progress, the mission people are stuck on, Sacrifice, is immediately preceded by you unlocking all the cutscenes for wotg during Ganged Up On. Ganged Up On does require WotG 6 to be completed so you can learn who Lilisette is, then you can get her cutscene in Sandy (S) and be on your way.

The problem at the moment is that the next cutscene is in WoE, which you can get at the Xarc entrance, but the following cutscene involves clicking the door that can only be accessed from Passhow or Grauberg, which require either VW Jeuno path done or WotG done.

Given that you unlock all the WotG cutscenes in 2-13, it doesn't make sense that you'd need further progression in WotG to continue past 2-14/15. It MIGHT have been intended that you have the VW clears, but that seems unlikely too. A lot of what people have been interpreting as "gates" to progress have really just been differences in how the cuts play out based on what missions you're on.

So, a solution that would help a ton of people would be to find out how you can get another cutscene after getting the initial one from Lilisette in WoE, without having to enter and click the door. If there is no such alternative path, it sounds more like a bug than intended design, given how everything else works so far. The mission even explicitly said to progress in WotG until you met Lilisette, the idea that the next step would require you to complete 39 more WotG missions seems very unlikely.
[+]
 Asura.Mrxdemix
By Asura.Mrxdemix 2015-08-05 18:44:20  
Shiva.Chumm said: »
Regarding WotG progress, the mission people are stuck on, Sacrifice, is immediately preceded by you unlocking all the cutscenes for wotg during Ganged Up On. Ganged Up On does require WotG 6 to be completed so you can learn who Lilisette is, then you can get her cutscene in Sandy (S) and be on your way.

The problem at the moment is that the next cutscene is in WoE, which you can get at the Xarc entrance, but the following cutscene involves clicking the door that can only be accessed from Passhow or Grauberg, which require either VW Jeuno path done or WotG done.

Given that you unlock all the WotG cutscenes in 2-13, it doesn't make sense that you'd need further progression in WotG to continue past 2-14/15. It MIGHT have been intended that you have the VW clears, but that seems unlikely too. A lot of what people have been interpreting as "gates" to progress have really just been differences in how the cuts play out based on what missions you're on.

So, a solution that would help a ton of people would be to find out how you can get another cutscene after getting the initial one from Lilisette in WoE, without having to enter and click the door. If there is no such alternative path, it sounds more like a bug than intended design, given how everything else works so far. The mission even explicitly said to progress in WotG until you met Lilisette, the idea that the next step would require you to complete 39 more WotG missions seems very unlikely.

Staying tuned. Thanks.
By zaxtiss 2015-08-05 18:44:24  
confirmed you need to get on the mission "the road forks" to get the first new trust from the RoV missions
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2015-08-05 19:07:14  
Quote:
Step 31 - Click on after TP15 "???" (H-12)

went afk at this and Balamor is just spamming chat with banter lol
 Bismarck.Dude
user: Dude
By Bismarck.Dude 2015-08-05 20:57:35  
I was on ToAU 31 "Shades of vengeance" and couldn't get the CS from white gate anyone know which mission Nashmeira ends up back in the city?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Numquam 2015-08-05 21:07:04  
Can't get the darn CS to even start this...anyone have advice? I have all the storylines and rank 10.
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-05 21:20:53  
Wordspoken said: »
Yes.
We alrdy were able to call 4 trust and SE stating we can now call 2 more?
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-08-05 21:25:06  
Siren.Akson said: »
Yes.

You can have 5. You can fill out the party now.
 Bismarck.Dude
user: Dude
By Bismarck.Dude 2015-08-05 21:25:34  
Check what mission you're on for CoP ls mate couldn't flag until he finished his Dawn CSs
 Odin.Terren
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2015-08-05 21:31:20  
Just to clear up the "Dawn" issue.

You do need Dawn completed, not anything after that, to get the new CS at Norg.

A few horrible notes that gave me a migraine tonight:

- "Dawn" can appear as both "Current" and "Completed" in your mission list
- There are TWO Walnut Doors on the upper floor of Tavnazia - only the southern one is the "right" walnut door for the CS before Blueblade Fell
- ... even after you get all the CSs, "Dawn" will STILL appear as both "current" and "complete". Not confusing at all.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-05 21:40:46  
Yes.

4+2 = 6 so I guess SE miscounted. Was thinking possibly Ally use heh x6 Trust
By Numquam 2015-08-05 22:07:02  
This was the problem, thank you!
 Shiva.Chumm
user: ithorien
By Shiva.Chumm 2015-08-05 22:08:47  
Yes.

The first three KIs on that page are from the last update. Crimson is the first one from this update.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-05 22:14:57  
Shiva.Chumm said: »
Yes.

The first three KIs on that page are from the last update. Crimson is the first one from this update.
Thx makes sense now.