users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Rhapsodies of Vanadiel Mission V2 Step by step
Rhapsodies of Vanadiel Mission V2 Step by step
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Kingmancat
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-08-05 22:32:02  
Hmmm... I'm running into an issue with Shantotto not giving me the CS. Talking to her over and over and zoning a bunch of times, so far I've gotten the Misery Staff quest, Warp II quest, and her trust out of the way, and she still wont talk about Rhapsodies. A LS mate mentioned her add-on expansion, which I don't have done. Anyone else having this issue?
By protectorchrono 2015-08-06 00:31:05  
Shiva.Chumm said: »
Regarding WotG progress, the mission people are stuck on, Sacrifice, is immediately preceded by you unlocking all the cutscenes for wotg during Ganged Up On. Ganged Up On does require WotG 6 to be completed so you can learn who Lilisette is, then you can get her cutscene in Sandy (S) and be on your way.

The problem at the moment is that the next cutscene is in WoE, which you can get at the Xarc entrance, but the following cutscene involves clicking the door that can only be accessed from Passhow or Grauberg, which require either VW Jeuno path done or WotG done.

Given that you unlock all the WotG cutscenes in 2-13, it doesn't make sense that you'd need further progression in WotG to continue past 2-14/15. It MIGHT have been intended that you have the VW clears, but that seems unlikely too. A lot of what people have been interpreting as "gates" to progress have really just been differences in how the cuts play out based on what missions you're on.

So, a solution that would help a ton of people would be to find out how you can get another cutscene after getting the initial one from Lilisette in WoE, without having to enter and click the door. If there is no such alternative path, it sounds more like a bug than intended design, given how everything else works so far. The mission even explicitly said to progress in WotG until you met Lilisette, the idea that the next step would require you to complete 39 more WotG missions seems very unlikely.

I'm having this problem right now. I have all the other expansions done except WoTG. I have missions 1-25 done just got a random cs from lilisette in Southern San'Oria (S), got her second trust cipher, and I'm stuck on the Sacrifice mission, as whenever I click on the conflux in Grauberg [S] I'm not able to enter WoE from there even though it says I need to click on a ornate door which I dont see in the entrance from Xarcabard [S], so I assume its in the entrance from Grauberg.

This makes no sense to me. I can't stand WoTG, and having to do the rest of the missions+the past nation quests is turning me off from RoV now >_>. WoTG is annoying enough, SE must've been high when they produced this expansion. Please tell me if you figure out a situation so I won't have to suffer through more of WoTG lol.
 Asura.Mrxdemix
サーバ: Asura
user: Mrxdemix
By Asura.Mrxdemix 2015-08-06 00:43:29  
protectorchrono said: »
Shiva.Chumm said: »
Regarding WotG progress, the mission people are stuck on, Sacrifice, is immediately preceded by you unlocking all the cutscenes for wotg during Ganged Up On. Ganged Up On does require WotG 6 to be completed so you can learn who Lilisette is, then you can get her cutscene in Sandy (S) and be on your way.

The problem at the moment is that the next cutscene is in WoE, which you can get at the Xarc entrance, but the following cutscene involves clicking the door that can only be accessed from Passhow or Grauberg, which require either VW Jeuno path done or WotG done.

Given that you unlock all the WotG cutscenes in 2-13, it doesn't make sense that you'd need further progression in WotG to continue past 2-14/15. It MIGHT have been intended that you have the VW clears, but that seems unlikely too. A lot of what people have been interpreting as "gates" to progress have really just been differences in how the cuts play out based on what missions you're on.

So, a solution that would help a ton of people would be to find out how you can get another cutscene after getting the initial one from Lilisette in WoE, without having to enter and click the door. If there is no such alternative path, it sounds more like a bug than intended design, given how everything else works so far. The mission even explicitly said to progress in WotG until you met Lilisette, the idea that the next step would require you to complete 39 more WotG missions seems very unlikely.

I'm having this problem right now. I have all the other expansions done except WoTG. I have missions 1-25 done just got a random cs from lilisette in Southern San'Oria (S), got her second trust cipher, and I'm stuck on the Sacrifice mission, as whenever I click on the conflux in Grauberg [S] I'm not able to enter WoE from there even though it says I need to click on a ornate door which I dont see in the entrance from Xarcabard [S], so I assume its in the entrance from Grauberg.

This makes no sense to me. I can't stand WoTG, and having to do the rest of the missions+the past nation quests is turning me off from RoV now >_>. WoTG is annoying enough, SE must've been high when they produced this expansion. Please tell me if you figure out a situation so I won't have to suffer through more of WoTG lol.

Welcome to the club. I'm leveling a new job just to avoid thinking about this garbage.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-08-06 02:49:58  
you need clear all VoidWatch city before enter in WOE
 Bahamut.Gengus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Humpy
By Bahamut.Gengus 2015-08-06 07:06:11  
"Step 31 - Click on after TP15 "???" (H-12)"

When I get to Teleport 15 and click on the ??? at (H-12) I simply get the message "There is nothing out of the ordinary here." Balamor's cut-scene will not trigger and cannot pop the NM.

I have all missions completed (Rise of Zilart - The last Verse, Chains of Promathia - The Last Verse, Treasures of Ahut Urghan - Eternal Mercenary, Wings of the Goddess - Lest We Forget, Seekers of Adoulin - The light Within, Rhapsodies of Vana'diel - Fall of Grace, A crystalline Prophecy - A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin), A Moogle Kup d'Etat - A moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin), A Shantotto Ascension - A Shantotto Ascension (Fin). I have rank 10 in all nation (not sure if either of those matter). I clicked on shiny spot near entrance for 2 Key Items. I've tried zoning. Getting tired of watching people walking up and popping it in front of me. I am probably overlooking something simple but if someone knows something to try, it would be appreciated.
By geigei 2015-08-06 07:09:29  
Bahamut.Gengus said: »

When I get to Teleport 15 and click on the ??? at (H-12) I simply get the message "There is nothing out of the ordinary here." Balamor's cut-scene will not trigger and cannot pop the NM.

I have all missions completed (double checked). I have rank 10 in all nation (not sure if either of those matter). I clicked on shiny spot near entrance for 2 Key Items. I've tried zoning. Getting tired of watching people walking up and popping it in front of me. I am probably overlooking something simple but if someone knows something to try, it would be appreciated.

Check mission log, need to visit promy.
 Bahamut.Gengus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Humpy
By Bahamut.Gengus 2015-08-06 07:16:00  
geigei said: »
Bahamut.Gengus said: »

I have all missions completed (double checked). I have rank 10 in all nation (not sure if either of those matter). I clicked on shiny spot near entrance for 2 Key Items. I've tried zoning. Getting tired of watching people walking up and popping it in front of me. I am probably overlooking something simple but if someone knows something to try, it would be appreciated.

Check mission log, need to visit promy.

Thanks! worked
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-06 08:23:26  
Guy in my shell is reporting he has rank 10 in city, all Zilart/CoP/Treasures/Goddess missions completed and all VWs completed, and can't get the first CS. Any ideas?
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-06 08:29:05  
I guess make sure that he has the final CS's for all of his missions, in case any of those are blocking Rhapsodies.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-06 08:30:20  
I hit my roadblock last night, Cait Sith and Atomos fights will have to be done today at some point.
 Bismarck.Branden
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-08-06 08:39:32  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Guy in my shell is reporting he has rank 10 in city, all Zilart/CoP/Treasures/Goddess missions completed and all VWs completed, and can't get the first CS. Any ideas?

My mule couldn't get the first cs either- I stopped cop missions at 8-1 on her just to get her sea access. Once i completed 8-1 and 8-2 she was able to get the cs in Norg.

The dialogue she first received hinted that Tenzen wasn't around to help with things and they had to wait until he came back. Are they getting similar dialogue when they click the door or a different hint as to why they can't progress?
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-06 08:41:46  
I'm not sure if this is a wide-spread issue, but an LS mate and I encountered a really strange glitch upon reaching the Empyreal Paradox BC towards the end of these new missions.

Once zoning into the EP, the entire screen goes black and you cannot see anything except the chat log, menu's and even the cursor. You can move around, auto-follow, lock-onto people, etc, but you can't see where you're going. It's horrible.

Zoning out and back in seemingly fixed it though should anyone else run into this strange issue.

EDIT: If this has been addressed already elsewhere, then disregard!
[+]
By minikomby 2015-08-06 08:46:47  
How do you move between isles? I don't regular teleports working or the regulars switches? What is the secret there
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-06 08:50:52  
As a test, I tried to work on Rhapsodies chapter 2 on one of my mules last night. He is Rank 6 in San d'Oria, has done all of Rhapsodies chapter 1, but is only on CoP 1-2, ToAU 3, Zilart 1, and WotG 2.

I did get the first CS of Rhapsodies chapter 2. In the CS, since I'd never met Tenzen before, he introduced himself. When prompted to say what I saw in the vision, the option was that I saw a "woman". Upon zoning into Lower Delkfutt's Tower, I got the CS there, but was not asked where to look for Tenzen. This is where I hit a roadblock, because upon going to Ru'lude Gardens, I could not get the next CS.

I then tried doing the same Rhapsodies missions on another character, who is also Nation rank 6, has done all of CoP, is on Zilart 14, ToAU 3 and WotG 2, and has all of Rhapsodies chapter 1 completed.

Again, I got the first CS ok. Tenzen greeted me with reverence. I was able to name the woman in the vision as Prishe. When I went to Lower Delkfutt's Tower, I was asked where to look for Tenzen. I got the CS in Ru'lude Gardens, and received the Tenzen II cipher. I got the CS in Port Jeuno, and got the Prishe II cipher. I got the CS in Upper Jeuno. Upon zoning into Whitegate, I got the CS there - but when Tenzen mentioned that I need to visit the Palace, he noted that I did not have much standing in Whitegate, and that this would be a perfect opportunity for me to work on that. Thus I hit a brick wall on this character.

I have yet to work on Rhapsodies (chapter 2) missions on my Main, but I expect no problems, since I've finished CoP, Zilart, WotG, ToAU, and I know I have all of the closing CS's done. I guess I'll work on that tonight, and then *think* about working on ALL of the other storyline missions on my mules, lol.

I'm still convinced that you don't need to have all missions completed, but you definitely need to have progressed in each storyline up to a point to proceed with Rhapsodies. With that said however, I expect that the final chapter of Rhapsodies will require completion of all storylines, so I'll aim for completion anyhow.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-06 08:52:35  
minikomby said: »
How do you move between isles? I don't regular teleports working or the regulars switches? What is the secret there

You have to locate a nearby ??? and get Eschan Droplet. Then when you examine the Portal you select "Use Eschan Droplet?"

It will automatically offer to port you to the next subsequent Portal. You then repeat this process until Portal #15 - at which time you fight Balamor.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-06 10:24:10  
Bismarck.Branden said: »

My mule couldn't get the first cs either- I stopped cop missions at 8-1 on her just to get her sea access. Once i completed 8-1 and 8-2 she was able to get the cs in Norg.

The dialogue she first received hinted that Tenzen wasn't around to help with things and they had to wait until he came back. Are they getting similar dialogue when they click the door or a different hint as to why they can't progress?

His mule has no CoP clears and was able to get the cutscene. His Mission log for RoZ and CoP reads Last Verse, so he should have all CS completed for both. There was a group of ppl gathered around the Norg door last night with the same issue. All had Rank 10, on Last Verse, Eternal Mercenary, Goddess completed, without being able to get the first cutscene.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By runeghost 2015-08-06 11:43:06  
Bismarck.Branden said: »

His mule has no CoP clears and was able to get the cutscene. His Mission log for RoZ and CoP reads Last Verse, so he should have all CS completed for both. There was a group of ppl gathered around the Norg door last night with the same issue. All had Rank 10, on Last Verse, Eternal Mercenary, Goddess completed, without being able to get the first cutscene.
Just thought I would mention - did they make certain to finish every CS of the last RoV missions? I have known someone that wasn't able to progress because they forgot they hadn't finished the last one...
By runeghost 2015-08-06 11:43:30  
Vanfrano said: »
Did anyone figure out the use of the unlocking of CoP/ToAU/WoTG cutscenes during the missions?
Is there any place where we can watch all of them now (instead of running to all gob footprints)? That would be nice.
*bump*
I would also like to know this =)
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2015-08-06 11:49:57  
After step 12 you don't need completion of WotG to spawn Cetus. I hit my roadblock there, and upon getting the CS for Lilith, it seemed to be a CS for Cetus.
By Chaosofasura 2015-08-06 12:49:47  
Can't get the cut scene at white gate palace on mule. He was in mission 27 where nashypoo was in adyeewa, finished it up and tried again for a CS. No go. Got up to mission stirrings of war where she is in the palace but still no CS. Are there any alternatives that people have found? Otherwise gotta wait for the whole JP midnight crap tomorrow to complete these missions -.-
Edit: so from information gathered from BG got a CS in southern sandy saying how I haven't met Nashmeira (even though I clearly have lol) and that I need to visit the palace. Click on imperial whitegate palace and still no CS ._.
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-06 13:54:25  
for WotG progress, you need to clear up through Mission ~50 where it allows you to use the conflux in Grauberg to enter WoE. I had started these a long time ago, and progress was halted until I got that far in missions.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-06 17:20:33  
I'm confused, did the Cait Sith + Atomos fights today, got the CS in Batalia but now I'm getting nothing at the Ornate Door in WoE, I'm on the Ganged Up On mission.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-06 17:22:38  
Did you get two cs at Atomos? You have to go through him twice before you can get the cs in WoE.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-06 17:26:41  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Did you get two cs at Atomos? You have to go through him twice before you can get the cs in WoE.
I don't think I did, such a pain after trecking it to Grauberg!
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-06 17:28:11  
my CS with Lilisette occurred upon zoning into Southern San d'Oria [S] of all places. this batch of RoV missions has been thoroughly wonky, I almost worry what will happen with the finale, except that for that they're probably going to actually require full clears of everything.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-06 17:54:14  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
I'm not sure if this is a wide-spread issue, but an LS mate and I encountered a really strange glitch upon reaching the Empyreal Paradox BC towards the end of these new missions.

Once zoning into the EP, the entire screen goes black and you cannot see anything except the chat log, menu's and even the cursor. You can move around, auto-follow, lock-onto people, etc, but you can't see where you're going. It's horrible.

Zoning out and back in seemingly fixed it though should anyone else run into this strange issue.

EDIT: If this has been addressed already elsewhere, then disregard!

I had the same thing. I turned around and went back up, when I returned it was sorted out.
 Shiva.Xenorex
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2015-08-06 18:01:54  
ok, what am I missing, can't seem to get the Step 38 - CS. thoughts?