Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 176 177 178
 Phoenix.Tearxx
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2020-01-31 11:35:41  
Asura.Biglovin said: »
I have a lv80 Farsha too, does my beast count?

Not unless you have the other two REMAs that BST doesn't get to use as well.
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-01-31 12:24:34  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You're being overly emotional and sensitive for no reason. Xilkk literally quoted you verbatim to troll you, just changed the job around. He's just giving you that same energy you gave Crossbones.

Best just to ignore Kishr, that person ate paint chips as a child.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-01-31 12:27:28  
Relax bro I wasn't trying to dishonor your family or anything, all I was saying is that NIN is the shittiest job in the game (as far as melee go at least, BLM is probably worst overall atm). That doesn't mean the job itself sucks or is useless, but like why would you ever bring a NIN to something you can bring a MNK for example to most of the time? Or any other DPS for that matter. They have migawari and a couple other tools that's about it. If you really like NIN that much you would admit it has shortcomings like the MNK / BST / etc community has done and maybe something will be done about it.

Anyways I just wanted to say all you BST-Bros have been doing great testing BST as of the update and although it didn't seem to do what everyone wanted the community is making the BEAST of it.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-01-31 13:47:29  
Crossbones said: »
Relax bro I wasn't trying to dishonor your family

Why you gotta do him like that? lol. But you right Nin just sucks in comparison to other jobs, however fun to play.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-31 15:06:19  
Anybody here ever try a R15 Tri-Edge/Fernagu Mistral Axe setup, and how would you say it compares to Decimation dps, assuming you don't need acc
By Spaitin 2020-01-31 15:46:00  
SimonSes said: »
Well obviously it does.

I am fairly certain that Simon doesnt know what "obviously" means. You see it in various threads where they will say things are obvious... but also be wrong. Bit of a stretch to call the only dual effect stat down an obvious stack with geo. Telling that person to read the previous page where we state that it does stack would be a bit better if you want to be rude.

Unless they are doing their best Saevel impersonation.

Anybody here ever try a R15 Tri-Edge/Fernagu Mistral Axe setup
Yes, decimation is like 15% ahead.
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-01-31 16:02:15  
Spaitan how does tri edge off handing a blurred or k club compare to the deci setup?
By Spaitin 2020-01-31 16:05:44  
Sorry, when i did it, it was triedge/blurred axe +1. So year, about 15%. this was awhile ago though. not sure if any new gear changed anything. I recently put my bst back in storage, so I cant test it again ( i guess i can, but i wont). I would say it is the second best DPS option bst has for the master.
By Ozaii 2020-01-31 16:12:45  
Thats still cool. Gives hope that with the new stuff like malignance and such that the single hit weapon skills might have closed the gap a little.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-31 16:57:48  
I found Pangu/Fernagu worked better than Tri-Edge/Fernagu.

The TP bonus did not compare to the higher Damage rating from Pangu

Its probably been a year since I did comparisons though. So I don't really remember the damage differences.
By Spaitin 2020-01-31 17:08:06  
THe tri edge TP bonus is going to be something like +90% damage on calamity when firing at 1k TP. the pangu is only going to add like 10% more damage with it's big base dmg. The dmg isnt enough to tip the scales even remotely close to favor pangu. Mistral will favor Pangu a little more, but tri edge will still have a massive advantage. Tri edge should deff be paired with blurred axe+1 in offhand. will beat everything but magian.

MAYBE with magian offhand. But even then i doubt it. You can equip MAgian offhand on tri edge too.

All of my testing was with guaranteed max attack /acc etc. Spreadsheet in this thread is unreliable at best, so if you are using that to come up with numbers...

Sirris modifications to the spreadsheet make it closer, but i think he said calamity was still broken. Sirris Spreadsheet had decimation beating r15 aymur/magian by 20%. In game I had it floating between 30-33%. So being 15% behind that isnt bad, very consistent damage with tri edge.

At high TP values it will be closer. But at low TP values (like a zerg) Tri Edge will waffle stomp pangu.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-31 20:10:28  
I don't have blurred axe. I already said I was using Fernagu... that is the magian tp bonus offhand.

I was also using tp bonus moonshade earring.

so I always have a total 1250 tp bonus when using Pangu, vs the total 1750 tp bonus when using Tri-edge

so really I probably always had effective tp between 2500 and 3k even with Pangu. possible that I only had effective tp of 2250, but really the tp gain rate I was at, this is unlikely.

And you are wrong, in Zerg's where you have incredibly high tp gain, you will get over 1250 tp more often then not before you weaponskill. So Pangu will win. Every time you get above 1250 tp, you are wasting stats with tri-edge + fernagu + moonshade.

Theorycrafing and spreadsheets are useful when you don't have the actual gear. but you will be missing details no matter what.

I'm reporting what I actually DID. Pangu > Tri-Edge
but I will say I haven't bothered getting r15 on Tri-edge. so it should catch up some... but I see little point to bother. Pangu path c is just so much more useful, but I suppose you can go for path A if you really just want master damage. I have path A Pangu and Path C Ankusa. Prefer I would have simply gotten 1 path c pangu.

If you are making Umbra, then Tri-edge could be more useful. make umbra and burst off it w/ bredo. maybe I'll find a decent target for that, but as far as an investment goes, I wouldn't bother with Tri-Edge.

If you want physical damage go for Pangu or Dolichenus. As an investment, either one will be much more satisfying imo.

Beast cannot make Radiance. Can only make Umbra. There are no axe skills that have lvl 4 Light property.
By Spaitin 2020-01-31 20:36:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
So am I . Tri edge waffle stomps pangu. I have 3 pangu, one for each path. You are far from the only one who has all the bst gear.

If you want physical damage go for Pangu or Dolichenus. As an investment, either one will be much more satisfying imo.
No debate from me. Dolichenus is the king weapon for bst DPS. I would put Tri edge a good step above pangu for damage.

And you are wrong, in Zerg's where you have incredibly high tp gain, you will get over 1250 tp more often then not before you weaponskill.
lol zerging is like 95% of what I do. Not going over 1250 more often than not on bst in a DW build. closer to 1050 - 1130 unless you got some strange TP set, or more likely, you are just slow to push the button. ALL of my char are geared toward zerging in one way or another.

Your effective TP shouldnt be approaching 3k with pangu even with tp offhand, should be 2550 max. . If that is happening, then something is wrong with your testing. Probably falling asleep at the wheel.
so really I probably always had effective tp between 2500 and 3k even with Pangu.
This by itself makes me greatly question your testing, it is a complete assumption. If you are paying attention you should be looking at about 2550 TP max . 2300-2550 is your pangu TP range, closer to 2300. Anything else and you are holding TP. You also dont really know what your TP was at. Even war isnt getting that much TP overflow with retalition up.

You have also reported that you do testing with Max buffs with trusts...

Spaitin said: »
What was your party setup/buffs and what are you gearsets?

Solo apex farming max buffs from trusts.
That is how you came to the conclusion with dolichenus being behind pangu and aymur... Implies you never did testing with proper buffs.
It sounds like you don't have a consistent group to test the dps. I do. Having the gear for bst is kinda the minimal step for testing. now you need to have access to support. I assume your party set up was "max buffs from trusts" while you compared pangu to tri edge last year. Not to be rude, but any testing for dps with "max buffs from trusts", i would consider completely worthless testing. My test was about a month and a half ago. IDC how aeonic does on SCing. no way it beats dolichenus multi step.

At 3k TP pangu absolutely wins. at lower tp, not so much. The base dmg advantage that pangu gets when you factor in the WSC actually pretty small. I would need to math out my sets again, but looking like maybe 6%. TP bonus will trump that pretty easy.

Firing at the same TP values, Tri edge/fernagu will hit between 16-18% harder, pangu with be getting about a 60 TP advantage over Triedge to close the gap a little bit. Puts tri edge right about 15% above.
By Felgarr 2020-02-01 00:55:20  
So am I . Tri edge waffle stomps pangu. I have 3 pangu, one for each path. You are far from the only one who has all the bst gear.

No debate from me. Dolichenus is the king weapon for bst DPS. I would put Tri edge a good step above pangu for damage.

And you are wrong, in Zerg's where you have incredibly high tp gain, you will get over 1250 tp more often then not before you weaponskill.
lol zerging is like 95% of what I do. Not going over 1250 more often than not on bst in a DW build. closer to 1050 - 1130 unless you got some strange TP set, or more likely, you are just slow to push the button. ALL of my char are geared toward zerging in one way or another.

Your effective TP shouldnt be approaching 3k with pangu even with tp offhand, should be 2550 max. . If that is happening, then something is wrong with your testing. Probably falling asleep at the wheel.
so really I probably always had effective tp between 2500 and 3k even with Pangu.
This by itself makes me greatly question your testing, it is a complete assumption. If you are paying attention you should be looking at about 2550 TP max . 2300-2550 is your pangu TP range, closer to 2300. Anything else and you are holding TP. You also dont really know what your TP was at. Even war isnt getting that much TP overflow with retalition up.

You have also reported that you do testing with Max buffs with trusts...

What was your party setup/buffs and what are you gearsets?

Solo apex farming max buffs from trusts.
That is how you came to the conclusion with dolichenus being behind pangu and aymur... Implies you never did testing with proper buffs.
It sounds like you don't have a consistent group to test the dps. I do. Having the gear for bst is kinda the minimal step for testing. now you need to have access to support. I assume your party set up was "max buffs from trusts" while you compared pangu to tri edge last year. Not to be rude, but any testing for dps with "max buffs from trusts", i would consider completely worthless testing. My test was about a month and a half ago. IDC how aeonic does on SCing. no way it beats dolichenus multi step.

At 3k TP pangu absolutely wins. at lower tp, not so much. The base dmg advantage that pangu gets when you factor in the WSC actually pretty small. I would need to math out my sets again, but looking like maybe 6%. TP bonus will trump that pretty easy.

Firing at the same TP values, Tri edge/fernagu will hit between 16-18% harder, pangu with be getting about a 60 TP advantage over Triedge to close the gap a little bit. Puts tri edge right about 15% above.

You seem like an intelligent person. Could you describe what you're trying to say with respect to Pangu and Tri-Edge? ...I'm having trouble following both of you and would just like to read succinctly what it is you're both trying to say. What situations do you feel Pangu (A/B/C) beats Tri-Edge and vice-versa? You both seem to agree that Dolch. is in first place.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-02-01 01:18:31  
Hey i'm not sure if this is a glitch or intended. Was fighting stuff with a BST buddy of mine. He was leader so he casted trusts, and my pet's Zealous Snort operated as an AOE, hitting his trusts and myself, but not him.

They've confirmed that this is unintended and will be corrected in the upcoming version update.
[+]
By kishr 2020-02-01 03:07:13  
Asura.Sirris said: »
You're being overly emotional and sensitive for no reason. Xilkk literally quoted you verbatim to troll you, just changed the job around. He's just giving you that same energy you gave Crossbones.

Best just to ignore Kishr, that person ate paint chips as a child.
Still eating them.
By Spaitin 2020-02-01 04:08:33  
Felgarr said: »
What situations do you feel Pangu (A/B/C) beats Tri-Edge and vice-versa?
Tri-Edge should win in all situations as long as you use the same offhand. Doesnt matter if you have path A or B. The only situation where Pangu MIGHT win is with extra TP bonus from smn. This isnt including fencer builds, never tested that. Maybe I should be more eloquent in my posts. Patch C wins when you dont want you or your pet to die.

Felgarr said: »
You both seem to agree that Dolch. is in first place.
Unless xilk made a post I didnt see since sirris pointed out the spreadsheet was wrong. They believe pangu and aymur both beat dolichenus for master DPS.

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
They've confirmed that this is unintended and will be corrected in the upcoming version update.
Lame, they should just make all of the buffs affect the entire party... the same way that smn can.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-02-01 06:41:12  

Have you used fernagu offhand for comparison? Doesn't sound like it. The advantage of Tri-edge falls behind when you do.

Proper buffs huh? if you want to act like having maximum possible buffs is someone 'proper' and the only situation in which comparison matters, then you can assume whatever you want. You want to define 'best' in a single dimension of comparison.
I understand that kind of narrow approach makes such a comparison possible. However I disagree that bst is such a narrowly defined job.
I stand by my point, Aymur is the BEST weapon for beastmaster.

I was never comparing damage alone in my commentary on weapons. Pangu vs Tri-edge was more focused on damage than Aymur vs Dolichenus, if I narrow it down abit to recent conversations. However, the advantage from Dolichenus for physical damage is mitigated by using fernagu offhand. Then the higher base damage weapon wins. Furthermore, the advantage to having a path c Pangu is worth so much more than Dolichenus. Its a better weapon for bst.

Mythic Aftermath is amazing for pet jobs.
Dolichenus will max damage for 1 weaponskill. It does have a nice smattering of stats that help with both magical and physical, but the lower damage rating makes it lose for everything aside from Decimation.

With Aymur, you have 3 weapon skills of comparable power level.

I say that versatility in power is more valuable than the narrow physical damage, low tp ability of Dolichenus.

you seriously suggesting that w/ all the buffs for a zerg, you are not proc'ing multihits w/ enough stp to have more than 1130 tp before you hit your ws macro?

sure, you are claiming perfect efficiency, but you also claiming perfect efficiency in tp set that you don't vary higher than this? I don't buy it one bit.
By Spaitin 2020-02-01 08:22:44  
Proper buffs huh? if you want to act like having maximum possible buffs is someone 'proper' and the only situation in which comparison matters, then you can assume whatever you want.
Okay, so you used trusts to get your rankings of weapons. You very well could be correct as far as which weapon is strongest DPS for apex mobs while using trusts. I personally do not find that to be useful information. WHich buffs were your trusts using? did qultada have fighters roll and chaos up the whole time or did he use evokers? things like that make it pretty crappy and incosistent. Are you sure attack and ACC was equally capped in TP and WS sets? was haste capped 100% of the time?

you seriously suggesting that w/ all the buffs for a zerg, you are not proc'ing multihits w/ enough stp to have more than 1130 tp before you hit your ws macro?
For the majority of the WS? yes I am. You can actually math that part out easier than all the rest. War doesnt even do it that often with MORE STP, MA and retaliation. Pangu will be about even when you have 250 more TP when firing as compared to tri edge. The idea that you are averaging between 250-750 over TP more often than not is silly. That would suggest you are getting in an extra attack round more often than not... Maybe you are not used to capped haste or something?
I say that versatility in power is more valuable than the narrow physical damage, low tp ability of Dolichenus.
Versatility is great, but not even close to what is being discussed. We are talking max DPS potential of certain weapons.
Have you used fernagu offhand for comparison? Doesn't sound like it. The advantage of Tri-edge falls behind when you do.
Yes I have and use fernagu. Mostly used it to compare Decimation to aymur. But falling behind with tri edge is incorrect, it just closes the gap to a certain extent based on your pre WS TP values. need an extra 250 to break even and more to go ahead.
If your testing was with trusts and determined pangu wins. THen i believe you... against a certain specific target with those trusts and those buffs. Your tests seem to have a strange value system where you compare which item is better at DPS for reasons other than DPS.

You are arguing with me with something I am not even disputing. With capped attack/acc cor rolls etc, Tri edge wins. You are arguing that with trusts pangu wins. I wont dispute your claims with trusts.
Furthermore, the advantage to having a path c Pangu is worth so much more than Dolichenus. Its a better weapon for bst.
I actually mentioned that in last post. But again, not really part of the DPS conversation. I personally find Patch C pangu as the overall best weapon for bst. however, it aint even close to best DPS weapon on any path. Tri edge is closer.
I was never comparing damage alone in my commentary on weapons
I was, and specifically mentioned it multiple times. You are arguing something different than I am. IT also sounds like you never compared DPS on the weapons... so you actually dont know which ones do the most DPS.
Proper buffs huh?
Yeah, proper buffs. As in bard geo cor. They are consistent and easily replicated. Trusts on the other hand are not. Even for low buffing it is stupid to use trusts for testing. Inconsistent testing is worthless testing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-01 09:01:09  
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Hey i'm not sure if this is a glitch or intended. Was fighting stuff with a BST buddy of mine. He was leader so he casted trusts, and my pet's Zealous Snort operated as an AOE, hitting his trusts and myself, but not him.

Thanks Falkirk. A GM reached out to me a couple weeks ago and had me replicate the scenario live so I was aware. I just never mentioned it online. Thanks for following up.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-02-01 11:29:38  
1. You should parse and compare on the buffs that you play under. If you primarily use BST on Apex-level content with trusts, then that's valid. If you primarily use BST with full potency BRD/GEO/CORx2 buffs, I'd say that that's not realistic for most of us BSTs who don't have an LS or a full party of mules to force into servitude (lmao), but that's also valid.

2. I find that, for me, Dolichenus is quite obviously the best weapon for master physical damage. Other weapons might work fine if you want variety, or you need a certain skillchain, and obviously magical WS are there own thing. But even with Trust buffs and Rage Doli+Decimation is so strong, and BST TP so slow, I can't justify holding TP versus 1K WS spam.

3. IMO the axes that every beast should set as a goal, most to least important:
  • Kumbhakarna- need at least two for pet magical and at least one for pet physical

• Pangu path C- this axe adds so much survivability in the stupid short-range conditions that we operate under

• Aymur- ultimate pet physical and pet buff axe, best for Unleash/AM3 zerg by far, also the second-best master melee option IMO

• Dolichenus- best master melee weapon, very good offhand for Primal Rend or Cloudsplitter builds with stats/macc/mab

• Tri-edge- "free" and strong master melee option

• Farsha- Reward and Cloudsplitter

There are other axes in the mix, like Digirbalag (almost worth going for QA+3 augments during DM campaign for this!), Blurred Axe +1, Arktoi, and various pet -DT and -PDT axes. edit- forgot TP bonus axe lol
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-02-01 12:07:11  
Barbarity +1?

As an aside: even on gimmick gear BST gets left off shields. :|
[+]
By Vankathka 2020-02-01 13:19:13  
I've been having alot of fun with Guttler lately, MA > Onslaught > Ruinator > Onslaught is a fun combo.
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-02-01 14:40:20  
Falk I know its not a needed thing. But is there any chance that in the melee section that you might add sets like melee dt or hybrids? Or even sets for when am3 is up on aymur or using certian weapons like Occ. Atks. Twice and thrice gears.
By Vankathka 2020-02-01 15:30:55  
Guttler AM active is technically better then Aymur once Unleash is active for single hit readys I think, for multi-hits its ofcourse Aymur all the way with AM3 active.

Hmm though I think thats only true for pets that have less attack adjustments, for Tiger I think Aymur provides the same attack or perhaps more.

Edit- Or you could just use Aymur AM2 and have attack + the weapon attack bonus, nevermind the whole thing, congratulations guttler youre completely useless get out~
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-02-01 21:18:26  
Ozaii said: »
Falk I know its not a needed thing. But is there any chance that in the melee section that you might add sets like melee dt or hybrids? Or even sets for when am3 is up on aymur or using certian weapons like Occ. Atks. Twice and thrice gears.

That's an excellent idea. Perhaps sets like these for Aymur AM3?

I'd love to see some hybrid sets, if anybody would like to share. Are people mostly running with 5/5 Malignance and some DD accessories, or regular DD armor with DT- accessories?
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-02-01 22:06:05  
Im thinking those sets work well for am3 personally. Since malignance is so nice alot of people usually just use that for more resists and it brings you to around 40 dt with the mantle augmented for pdt and assuming shell is up just tossing a dring on should cap you over by a point or so.

As for non aymur weapons. I would think something like this might perform a bit better damage wise since it also adds a little bit more multi attack and good acc while also maintaining 49% pdt and capped mdt with shell

ItemSet 371149

Most bst like pangu as it is very defensive and allows more flexibility when gearing with dt in mind I think. But for raw damage i think this set or similar with doli or tri edge or other non mythic weapons can make good use of.

Feel free to make adjustments however as i havent focused very long on master melee and am not sure of all the options available to us.

Edit: It does suck but we cannot cap haste with the megh legs howeveer there might be better sets out there this is just what i could come up with.
By Aerix 2020-02-05 02:58:35  
Quote:
Beastmasters will want to note that we’re reverting the amount of time that must pass before pet abilities activate back to 60 frames (approximately one second).

From the update announcement. Looks like they realized they messed up.
[+]
 Phoenix.Tearxx
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2020-02-05 08:32:51  
Aerix said: »
Quote:
Beastmasters will want to note that we’re reverting the amount of time that must pass before pet abilities activate back to 60 frames (approximately one second).

From the update announcement. Looks like they realized they messed up.

This is finally removing the ja lock that's plagued using unleash like conduit, right? Or am I wrong?
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 176 177 178