Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 177 178 179
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-02-10 15:11:43  
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Part of me wishes that we got the Killer Effects that the PUP armor set has, but Regain is nice too!

More than a little bit!!!

I would MUCH rather have the Killer Effects than the regain.

I'm a bit salty about it. +16 killer effects is a much bigger deal for mnk/sam/nin/pup
though I guess same will actually use it... /sigh
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 15:16:35  
I don't want to get too far out there on it. Putting the Killer Effects on perceived tanks is pretty crazy.

Like seriously, free intimidation, on comparable gear, it's pretty wild.

For the BST player it only really translates to damage, you're generally not trying to be the tank. So it's not a giant loss per se.

(over simplified, of course)
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-02-10 15:50:33  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I don't want to get too far out there on it. Putting the Killer Effects on perceived tanks is pretty crazy.

Like seriously, free intimidation, on comparable gear, it's pretty wild.

For the BST player it only really translates to damage, you're generally not trying to be the tank. So it's not a giant loss per se.

(over simplified, of course)

I've known since 2009 how to use killer effects for tanking. Bst CAN cap killer effects at 50, but it needs food (5 min food) and the gear choices are often poor. Unfortunately most nm's the killer effect is nerfted to 1/3 of actual potency.

yeah, its obscene powerful because you can intimidate tp moves and spells as well as melee attacks.

if you could intimidate 50% of what it does... that makes chainspell meteor not nearly so devastating.
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-10 19:57:18  

No boots VS boots
[+]
By Felgarr 2021-02-10 20:02:19  
Asura.Briko said: »

No boots VS boots

Can you do it with ilevel 119 axe w/o boots, then again with boots? (I'm concerned your other Pet: Stats, may be showing up in the Pet +1 leveling).
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-02-10 20:10:27  
No boots VS boots

Oh, this is a great opportunity. Grats on getting the boots. :)

If you wouldn't mind, could you check with a pet that doesn't have attack/defense bonuses/penalties? Something like HeadbreakerKen, SuspiciousAlice, BrainyWaluis, SharpwitHermes, VivaciousGaston...

Thanks, yo!
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-10 20:14:14  
Naked except Aymur and boots: Top with boots, bottom no boots

[+]
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-10 20:19:41  
Felgarr said: »

No boots VS boots

Can you do it with ilevel 119 axe w/o boots, then again with boots? (I'm concerned your other Pet: Stats, may be showing up in the Pet +1 leveling).
Removing boots and re equipping gives them the stats back. :)

Using non-aymur aymur:
boots attack 932, no boots 903.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-02-10 20:33:26  
Awesome, thank you for testing.

Level 119->120:
Some combo of DEX & Accuracy = ~36
Some combo of STR & Attack = ~29
Some combo of AGI & Evasion = ~25
Some combo of VIT & Defense = ~33

Because of rounding down, some of the numbers could change depending on the pet. Like if the STR or DEX or AGI bonus was an odd number.

Pretty good though!
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-10 20:48:26  
Tomorrow going to do some rampage tests. I think losing out on the multiattack may be worth if you can hit atk cap and make use of the pdl stat on the full set :)
By Felgarr 2021-02-10 21:32:11  
Felgarr said: »

No boots VS boots

Removing boots and re equipping gives them the stats back. :)

Using non-aymur aymur:
boots attack 932, no boots 903.

So, I see your point. However, not all stats have to scale by a constant amount. They can scale by percentage too (or however SE chooses, for each peace respectively).

For example: If you gear with axe+boots and see pet+50 Acc vs. full set of armor w/boots and see pet+60 Accuracy, the your other pieces are effecting the "summoned pet level +1" ...I currently don't know what to expect from this piece.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-02-11 07:12:05  
This definitely means it beats out totemic gaiters +3 for physical ready moves. You get around the same attack boost, but the str, and all other stats are higher. The accuracy would be +80 ish from just this piece is pretty incredible.

Might still hold out on multi-attack ready moves though.

would be interesting to see difference in magical damage between some 30 pet mab and these (in a full pet mab set ofcourse). I expect the pet mab valorous feet to be much better, but don't really know how much int is being added.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-02-11 08:07:11  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
would be interesting to see difference in magical damage between some 30 pet mab and these (in a full pet mab set ofcourse). I expect the pet mab valorous feet to be much better, but don't really know how much int is being added.

If we confirm the Pet:MAB from being level 120, we can use a magical Ready move with dINT factor (Acid Spray, Molting Plumage, etc) and figure out the amount of INT gained (by manipulating gear and/or vorseals).

PDT/DEF/VIT comparison:

HeadPDT-DEF+ VIT+Other
512038Refresh: 1/tic
511115Regen Set Bonus
411325Phys.Dmg: "Ice Spikes"
BodyPDT-DEF+ VIT+Other
1015829Abs. Magic Dmg+5%
1014830Resist Sleep+90
815332Refresh: 2/tic
813323Regen Set Bonus
13328Augments Killer Effects

HandsPDT-DEF+ VIT+Other
49829Regen Set Bonus
LegsPDT-DEF+ VIT+Other
611515Regen Set Bonus
413523Block Chance+3
FeetPDT-DEF+ VIT+Other
48517Resist Sleep+15
3788Regen Set Bonus

MDT/Magic Evasion/MDB Comparison:

: MDT-6%, Magic Evasion+123, MDB+5 : Magic Evasion+86, MDB+13
: MDT-9%, Magic Evasion+139, MDB+8 : Magic Evasion+102, MDB+15
: MDT-5%, Magic Evasion+112, MDB+4 : Magic Evasion+75, MDB+12
: MDT-7%, Magic Evasion+150, MDB+7 : Magic Evasion+112, MDB+14
: MDT-4%, Magic Evasion+150, MDB+5 : Magic Evasion+112, MDB+13

Malignance Total:
MDT-31%
Magic Evasion+674
MDB+29

Gleti Total:
Magic Evasion+487
MDB+67
[+]
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-11 15:21:51  
Quote:
Malignance Total:
MDT-31%
Magic Evasion+674
MDB+29[/td]
[td]
Gleti Total:
Magic Evasion+487
MDB+67[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
malignance is DT not MDT :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-02-11 15:23:04  
Quote:
Malignance Total:
MDT-31%
Magic Evasion+674
MDB+29[/td]
[td]
Gleti Total:
Magic Evasion+487
MDB+67[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
malignance is DT not MDT :)

... yeah, he's got 2 sections one comparing physical, the other comparing magical.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-02-11 17:46:25  
I thought I had read with +1 pet level stuff there was a delay before the +1 stats were applied, is that right? If so would it effect ready move timings?
By Nariont 2021-02-11 17:54:37  
Typically theres a tic delay adding/removing pet: ilvl stuff, so more than likely yes
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-02-12 01:03:44  

Oh. :c
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-02-12 09:19:36  
Nariont said: »
Typically theres a tic delay adding/removing pet: ilvl stuff, so more than likely yes

Shouldn't be a problem if the feet are in ready move precast set as well as midcast.
[+]
 Asura.Beanen
By Asura.Beanen 2021-02-12 16:44:22  
Weapons/Gear go up to Rank 30 now, with the 3rd aug now visible.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Odyssey_Rewards
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-02-13 02:05:30  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Nariont said: »

Shouldn't be a problem if the feet are in ready move precast set as well as midcast.

This seems to be correct. Was testing with Fireball since the damage is consistent. I use Falkirks lua, and I added it ( the feet ) into the Ready Recast set and Ready_MAB set and the damage was consistent from when I had the feet locked in.
[+]
 Asura.Beanen
By Asura.Beanen 2021-02-13 07:29:19  
Naked cept for Agwu's Axe top, bottom with Farsha

[+]
 Asura.Beanen
By Asura.Beanen 2021-02-13 17:46:36  
Ok so Falkirk and I have been testing the new Agwu axe and the 10 pet damage does apply to ready moves as well as melee damage. It was greater than 10 straight damage. Here are some of the findings:

This is what we were able to come up with. I was wearing nothing except the weapons on level 1 monsters to max damage.

As you can see the Agwu increases all types of physical melee damage and we also tested ranged pet attacks which it does not increase.

I also have numbers for Unleash. This 100% works while the weapon is in the offhand as well. So this should be the BIS pairing with Aymur.
[+]
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-13 18:25:42  
Asura.Beanen said: »
Ok so Falkirk and I have been testing the new Agwu axe and the 10 pet damage does apply to ready moves as well as melee damage. It was greater than 10 straight damage. Here are some of the findings:

This is what we were able to come up with. I was wearing nothing except the weapons on level 1 monsters to max damage.

As you can see the Agwu increases all types of physical melee damage and we also tested ranged pet attacks which it does not increase.

I also have numbers for Unleash. This 100% works while the weapon is in the offhand as well. So this should be the BIS pairing with Aymur.

Beat out 200tp bonus skirmish weapon?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-02-14 07:40:03  
Beat out 200tp bonus skirmish weapon?

Yup!

One Pet:TP Bonus+200 Axe offhand is equivalent to approximately a 2.5% damage boost for Ready moves
(assuming you're not at the 3000 TP cap already, from pet melee rounds or Unleash.)

And then based on Beanen's numbers, Agwu's Axe is effectively a 6% damage boost.
Further, the boosted power goes beyond what was previously our maximum damage cap for Ready moves.

It's worth noting that there are some physical Ready moves that don't increase in power based on TP,
which are only able to get stronger via this Axe (assuming capped attack):
Swooping Frenzy
Hoof Volley
Mega Scissors
Crossthrash
Pentapeck
(Double Attack helps here too.)

Agwu's Axe helps you land additional effects easier (on top of the generous damage boost, Pet:Magic Accuracy+50, Pet: INT+20).
It helps compensate for accuracy loss on subsequent hits of multihit moves (Sweeping Gouge, Pentapeck, Chomp Rush).
From a master melee standpoint, the stats compliment Aymur mainhand nicely, boasting DEX, CHR, Store TP, WS DMG...

Basically... I'm jealous cause I don't have one yet.

Thanks for testing, Beanen.
[+]
 Asura.Beanen
By Asura.Beanen 2021-02-15 21:20:47  
More findings about the Agwu/Gleti gear!

Swooping Zhivago, Vickie, Anklebiter Jedd, Left-Handed Yoko, Brainy Waluis, Sultry Patrice, Pondering Peter, Alluring Honey, Brave Hero Glenn, BlackbeadedRandy melee rounds have been tested using Farsha/Gleti boots vs Agwu/Gleti boots to test the damage difference between 120 pet with and without the Axe.

The findings are inline with what we expected. There is approximately a 5.97% increase in melee damage while using the Agwu Axe in the main hand or the offhand it works in either.

We also did some ready move testing with the Agwu and there is approximately a 6% damage increase with all melee ready moves (including multihit) and also breaks any damage cap that ready moves had such as Falkirk mentioned above.

For the boots Falkirk and I tested every pet level from 99-120 and there seem to be larger pet stat increases every 10 levels 100, 110, and 120. Also the boots increase any pets ilvl regardless of cap (i.e. LuckyLulush raised to 115ilvl). Falkirk will post more on this.

Other findings from testing was on the Gleti set with Mistral Axe. I found a that in an attacked capped situation the Gleti set performs 2.28% better than WSD set at 1k TP, 4.66% better than WSD at 2k TP, and 5.16% better than WSD at 3k TP. This is also the NON augmented set.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-16 01:54:35  
2.28% better than WSD set at 1k TP, 4.66% better than WSD at 2k TP, and 5.16% better than WSD at 3k TP. This is also the NON augmented set.

This doesn't make sense. The advantage should goes down with TP not rise. Since fTP on first hit raises with tp and that first hit is becoming more % of entire WS, so WSD should work better with higher tp, while PDL should be static.
 Asura.Beanen
By Asura.Beanen 2021-02-16 17:01:09  
SimonSes said: »
2.28% better than WSD set at 1k TP, 4.66% better than WSD at 2k TP, and 5.16% better than WSD at 3k TP. This is also the NON augmented set.

This doesn't make sense. The advantage should goes down with TP not rise. Since fTP on first hit raises with tp and that first hit is becoming more % of entire WS, so WSD should work better with higher tp, while PDL should be static.

Sorry for the wall of text, just trying to understand and be through.

I 100% agree with you, it does not make sense. Falkirk and I also thought that the WSD set would beat out the Gleti set but that was not the case with the data we collected.

I redid the testing today and what I found was more inline with what you are saying PDL being a static increase of around 5% but the unexpected part is the fact that it is still beating WSD set at 2k and 3k tp.

Here are my gear sets if you can maybe help point out something that I am doing wrong in my testing. Thank you.

Main hand Aymur, Sub Agwu's Axe

WSD
sets.precast.WS['Mistral Axe'] = {ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
head={ name="Ankusa Helm +3", augments={'Enhances "Killer Instinct" effect',}},
body={ name="Valorous Mail", augments={'Weapon skill damage +5%','STR+10','Attack+12',}},
hands="Totemic Gloves +3",
legs={ name="Valorous Hose", augments={'Accuracy+29','Weapon skill damage +4%','Attack+12',}},
feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+22','Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+8','Attack+15',}},
neck="Bst. Collar +2",
waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
right_ear="Thrud Earring",
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Epaminondas's Ring", back={ name="Artio's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}}}

Geleti
sets.precast.WS['Mistral Axe'] = {ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
head="Gleti's Mask",
body="Gleti's Cuirass",
hands="Gleti's Gauntlets",
legs="Gleti's Greaves",
feet="Gleti's Boots",
neck="Bst. Collar +2",
waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
right_ear="Thrud Earring",
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
back={ name="Artio's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}}}

at 3k tp swap out Moonshade Earring for Lugra Earring +1

Let me know what you think.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-02-16 18:17:56  
That's interesting about Gleti's beating out WSD set. Gleti body should be BiS for Decimation too once fully augmented, yeah?
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 177 178 179