Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 176 177 178
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-22 17:12:23  
SimonSes said: »
They havent *** up Ready range nerf. They simply have different vision of how this job should work (you fight with your pet on the front line, not play like most summoners for example, with only pet engaged).

I'm all for this, but it is kind of silly that I'm standing on the opposite side of the monster we are attacking, and I can't tell me pet what to do because I am not right next to it. In fact, I prefer to fight in separate spots so I can see the monster physically turn to me if I snag hate, so I can quickly snarl it away. It's just a silly annoyance to have to deal with.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-07-22 17:17:20  
I'm cautiously optimistic for the update. I'm glad they are willing to listen at least, even if they don't understand BST gameplay. Some thoughts on what I'm reading here is coming:

・Job Trait: Acc Bonus if Master and Pet are on same target.
I hope this is good but I gotta say I'm not thrilled entirely on the same target idea being necessary. It's that same ignorant overcautious leash that distance is.

・Addition of new called pets.
New types we've never seen before is exciting! No more lazy copy-pasta but worse stats clones. Hopefully useful.

・Adding skills to existing pets.
I hope this is something that is a good variety of effects and not just DRG clone crap. I don't mean to be negative, it's just I don't want BSTs identity completely gone. Some pets are more magic focused and they don't fit with this boost master melee motif they've been pushing.

Combat partnership.
I don't mind a combat partnership. They just really do need to address the elephant in the room. Jug pets having their own enmity to dart across the room because some BLM mob hit it with AoE and distance to execute abilities. It takes them way more dev time trying to avoid adjusting it because they still don't recognize what created that BST meta that so many are still foaming at the mouth about years later.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-22 17:22:21  
If they give up dat Scorpion Pet, I'll be straight.

Bonus points if they read this post:

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
A Scorpion pet would be awesome. It's been a popular request from the BST community for quite a while... and this would be the ideal time for it too, since they're taking BST down the road of sharing pet buffs.

Scorpion:
Sharp Strike - Attack Bonus
Evasion - Evasion Bonus

Some other potential pets that have buffs:

Sea Monks:
Hard Membrane - Evasion Bonus
Regeneration - Regen Effect

Dhalmel:
Berserk - Berserk effect
Healing Breeze - Restores HP
Whistle - AGI Bonus

Crawler:
Cocoon - Defense Bonus

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Vermin: Wamoura

Wamouracampa:
Amber Scutum - Defense Bonus
Heat Barrier - Blaze Spikes + Enfire

Wamoura:
Exuviation - Erase + Restores HP
Erratic Flutter?

If the NQ jug was Wamouracampa and the HQ jug was a Wamoura, that could be interesting. Gives (some) value to non-HQ results?
 Bismarck.Rwolf
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-07-22 17:48:19  
They havent *** up Ready range nerf. They simply have different vision of how this job should work (you fight with your pet on the front line, not play like most summoners for example, with only pet engaged).

Really? Well let's look at what BST has.

Job Abilities for Pets:
Familiar, Charm, Gauge, Reward, Call Beast, Bestial Loyalty, Tame, Unleash | Fight, Heel, Stay, Sic/Ready, Leave, Run Wild

Job Abilities with some Master use:
Snarl, Feral Howl, Killer Instinct

Lets compare Job Point categories BST & SMN.
BST
Familiar: Increase attributes by 3.
Unleash: Special Attack damage +2%.
SMN
Astral Flow: Increase attributes by 5.
Astral Conduit: Blood Pact damage +1% / Ward duration +1%.

Keep going down the list and the rest is pet only stuff. I'd say BST has been historically very close to SMN. Just with more durability and melee options.

And sure, they are the devs. They can point fingers saying we've been playing BST wrong for the majority of the game. Steam roll over BST identity and impose whatever they want.

Doesn't mean they weren't wrong because it was unnecessary to adjust BST range in the first place. It was a kneejerk reaction to appease the pitchfork mob while in the background massively deleveling content and boosting players to close the crazy gap that at the time BST pet HP, -DT and PDIF got around.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-07-22 18:16:36  
They havent *** up Ready range nerf.
Yes they did. You cant use ready moves half the time WHILE engaged with the mob and smacking it. Some mobs have too big of a toon. And pet hate randomness ruins it too.

Edit*** imagine jumping on monk and your JA and WS dont work half the time. If you cant see the GIANT issues with ready range, then you are blind. And i doubt you play the job at all. No, this does not mean i support a revert. But something is clearly broken. Imagine trying to use a blood pact and IT DOES NOT WORK.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-07-22 18:24:21  
While it looks interesting for BST I don't think the dev is addressing Bst correctly as a job that plays with other people. Bst still has the same problem since it was introduced. The pet doesn't scale well because it doesn't have enough buffs on high level targets.

If you need a front line DPS then wouldn't you just grab a WAR then throw in COR, GEO, BRD to buff him to the max?

A BST can't beat a WAR because the pet would be missing with a ton of buffs and the BST himself got little to offer. Plus the pet doesn't scale well with the level of the target.

As a Tank, well PUP is the choice because they can keep hate and can stand far away from the target unlike BST.

Strip away the buffs and pick a lower, mid-level mob and BST is probably your #1 choice. This is also why the bots would use BST for 1-99 PL. They just kill mid-level stuff really fast.
By Nariont 2020-07-22 18:31:13  
That's been the problem with "hybrid" jobs like bst/pup for a long while though, the scaling just falls heavily to master due to how gear/buffs operate vs using hybrid gear, they need to just allow atleast base stats on gear to transfer to pets, or atleast bst pets since theres no attachment option for bst pets to "compensate", even if it were just atk/acc/def/mdef/meva/eva. Even haste wouldnt be that bad i think, puppet can already cap its magic haste
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-07-22 18:52:07  
Whether you are going pet strategy or master fighting with pet, having a variety of pets is what makes beastmaster dynamic and interesting.

That is why there is value in knowing the traits and abilities of the different pets. I'm most curious/looking forward to how existing pet abilities will be adjusted.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
サーバ: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-07-22 21:32:09  
Sylph.Snk said: »
Shiva.Flowen said: »
BST update.. As scepticism about the changes have got us no where to date, i'm going to go with optimism this time.

This is the update we've been waiting for!!

I'm not expecting ***. The devs are too proud to admit they *** up with the Ready range nerf.

No they *** it up. The thing with the devs is there's no middle ground when it comes to a nerf. They always go extreme with the ***.

There was nothing really wrong with BST since let's be real, it was a niche job that shined for a short period & even then people hardly invited them to ***.

BST's melee damage sucked bad when that nerf hit so I could have excused it if they had added all the stuff the job has now but they didn't. They just cut the line so to speak and then left the job out to dry which in the end, most people quit the job and for some the game.

It's like a lighter version of the 2005 RNG nerf which was way worse since the devs didn't warn people it was coming at all.

To be fair I do miss Faithful Falcorr. I don't think they made an Item level version of him. I would love to be able to stack Fantod and Hoof Volley for some crazy damage.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
サーバ: Asura
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2020-07-22 21:39:07  
+1 tier of fencer added
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-07-22 21:46:07  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
BST update.. As scepticism about the changes have got us no where to date, i'm going to go with optimism this time.

This is the update we've been waiting for!!

I'm not expecting ***. The devs are too proud to admit they *** up with the Ready range nerf.

You don't have to full throttle tongue toss everything S-E does, ya know?
By Ermah 2020-07-23 00:05:33  
Every time I check this thread for hopefully more useful and nice information all I ever see is people complaining about how BST was nerfed years ago or how SE sucks. It's absolutely silly at this point. It's done, it's over get over it and let's move on. There are still people who love the job, like myself.
By kasnuaku 2020-07-23 02:37:53  
Beast master is one of my favorite jobs to play. The end game content I do wave 3 dynmamis I feel Like a mini warrior, that buffs the alliance with corrosive ooze. Anything they do(SE) I guess can't make it worse, maybe we get more attack which is what I want with my farsha to do damage with my pet. I know I could pet switch for sheep rage but thats down time of not having corrosive ooze.
 Siren.Quagmire
サーバ: Siren
user: Quagmire
By Siren.Quagmire 2020-07-23 02:49:42  
Whatever the outcome, I'm sure most will cheer and facepalm at the same time. Those who play bst and love it will appreciate any added bonus at the same time we'll always want more. Those who dont care for the job will never understand. Insert bathroom scene from fear and loathing
 Siren.Quagmire
サーバ: Siren
user: Quagmire
By Siren.Quagmire 2020-07-23 03:09:34  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-07-23 07:45:48  
Spaitin said: »
They havent *** up Ready range nerf.
Yes they did. You cant use ready moves half the time WHILE engaged with the mob and smacking it. Some mobs have too big of a toon. And pet hate randomness ruins it too.

Edit*** imagine jumping on monk and your JA and WS dont work half the time. If you cant see the GIANT issues with ready range, then you are blind. And i doubt you play the job at all. No, this does not mean i support a revert. But something is clearly broken. Imagine trying to use a blood pact and IT DOES NOT WORK.
Its slightly different but in all the new content starting with cait sith if you dont wait 10 secs to do another blood pact even if the 1st was by another summoner it basically doesnt work the dmg is nerfed 90% least bst doesnt have to deal with this stupid mechanic, also multihit blood pacts are nerfed the same way the 1st hit works then the rest are nerfed 90% i think all weapons skills and every DD move should share this trait and be forced to wait 10 seconds until they find a real fix for this to make it fair.
 Sylph.Snk
サーバ: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-07-23 08:47:07  
Ermah said: »
Every time I check this thread for hopefully more useful and nice information all I ever see is people complaining about how BST was nerfed years ago or how SE sucks. It's absolutely silly at this point. It's done, it's over get over it and let's move on. There are still people who love the job, like myself.

I still love the job myself and I've put in a ton of time and effort into it but it's still not going to stop me and many other people from calling a spade a spade.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-23 08:54:11  
Ermah said: »

I still love the job myself and I've put in a ton of time and effort into it but it's still not going to stop me and many other people from calling a spade a spade.
But what is the point of stating that a spade is a spade when everyone relevant to the topic already knows?

Bringing it up here again and again does nothing but pollute the topic for people that are actually looking for advice or discussion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-07-23 09:27:29  
Asura.Geriond said: »
But what is the point of stating that a spade is a spade when everyone relevant to the topic already knows?

Bringing it up here again and again does nothing but pollute the topic for people that are actually looking for advice or discussion.

because falling into complacency is exactly what will keep it from being fixed.

I know SE thinks they fixed it already, but hey, they are slow to really FIX things. (beetle foot animation, I'm looking at you)

And because its still an irritant EVERY time we play.

So yeah, when you have something jabbing you in the back every time, your going to talk about it every time. and there are plenty of players who feel exactly the same way and not willing to let it go.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-07-23 09:54:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

I know SE thinks they fixed it already, but hey, they are slow to really FIX things. (beetle foot animation, I'm looking at you)

So yeah, when you have something jabbing you in the back every time, your going to talk about it every time. and there are plenty of players who feel exactly the same way and not willing to let it go.

Because the BST nerf was a square-peg round-hole solution to pet ability spam. (SE could have allowed charmed pets to be brought into Gaes Fete content with Sic delay instead ....but they ignored that aspect of BST completely). Bring up the BST nerf all day, every day, I say.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-23 11:17:18  
Because complaining about the way a job performs or something stupid SE has done and mentioning it multiple times sometimes gets it reverted or fixed, eventually. They did it with Ambuscade queues of people complaining about the wait. They did it with WHM and Esuna changes. Hell, even a ton of people were flat out like "I am not playing MNK, it's damage sucks". This went on for literal years. And then boom, they "fixed" MNK. That did not happen by accident.

Doesn't always work, though. They completely ignored NIN when we asked for them to swap the augments on relic +3 head and feet. But it is still worth mentioning the real issues players have with a job, regardless of if they say "no" to it at first. Perhaps if SE sees players are not budging off the issue, they pay attention to addressing it.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-23 11:23:16  

You can keep from "falling into complacency" in more productive ways that endlessly mucking up a gear and strategy discussion topic with points everyone already knows about. If you want to actually try to fix the problem, make a dedicated topic to urge people to send SE messages or something.

If you have something jabbing you in the back every time, it's easy to talk about it every time, but that doesn't mean you actually should, especially when you are actively making the current discussion worse by doing so for no actual benefit.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-07-23 11:24:44  
Why not just wait til you see what SE actually does then talk about it?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-23 11:25:06  
Because complaining about the way a job performs or something stupid SE has done and mentioning it multiple times sometimes gets it reverted or fixed, eventually. They did it with Ambuscade queues of people complaining about the wait. They did it with WHM and Esuna changes. Hell, even a ton of people were flat out like "I am not playing MNK, it's damage sucks". This went on for literal years. And then boom, they "fixed" MNK. That did not happen by accident.

Doesn't always work, though. They completely ignored NIN when we asked for them to swap the augments on relic +3 head and feet. But it is still worth mentioning the real issues players have with a job, regardless of if they say "no" to it at first. Perhaps if SE sees players are not budging off the issue, they pay attention to addressing it.
It's not the English players on non-official forums that they pay attention to complaints from, especially in topics that are labeled for something else. If you want them to take note, you either have to be JP or have lots and lots of people talking about it on the official forum.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-07-23 11:37:22  

It's not the English players on non-official forums that they pay attention to complaints from, especially in topics that are labeled for something else. If you want them to take note, you either have to be JP or have lots and lots of people talking about it on the official forum.

... I mean, we have? Those of us here who aren't banned from the official forum have been complaining about the beastmaster changes for almost five years now. Repeatedly. I don't think you'll find a single beastmaster here or the OF who would say the job is functioning as it should be, and we'll continue to be critical of S-E's design choices here, on the official forum, and on Reddit. Anywhere they might listen.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-07-23 11:39:31  

doesn't matter. conversation happens it happens. I'm answering your question. but I guess you weren't really asking a question. you were complaining because you want others to shut up about it. The thing is, shutting up about it means giving up about it.

I'm answering why I won't shut up about it and why I think others won't either. even though I didn't start or participate in this round until now.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-23 11:41:09  
Asura.Sirris said: »

... I mean, we have? Those of us here who aren't banned from the official forum have been complaining about the beastmaster changes for almost five years now. Repeatedly. I don't think you'll find a single beastmaster here or the OF who would say the job is functioning as it should be, and we'll continue to be critical of S-E's design choices here, on the official forum, and on Reddit. Anywhere they might listen.
That's my point; they won't listen here, so being critical of it in this topic does nothing but harm the topic you're posting in.

The thing is, shutting up about it means giving up about it.
Shutting up about it here doesn't mean you need to shut up about it in places that actually might make a difference, so it most certainly does not mean giving up on it. If someone was endlessly harping on about politics in their chess club meeting, telling them to stop because it's interfering with the meeting isn't the same as telling them to stop participating in politics.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-07-23 13:06:07  
That's my point; they won't listen here, so being critical of it in this topic does nothing but harm the topic you're posting in.
Not true, the gear and strategy are already posted on this thread. It is already there and no need to worry about that.

At this time, this is the brainstorm on how to fix bst/vent thread. Once a good solution is thought of, they go and post on the "forums that matter".

You dont like that? go start a thread to complain and find a way to get everyone to post on it.

Or I could use your logic, complaining about complaining is more likely to cause harm and good. So stop.
[+]
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-07-23 13:16:16  
On a side note, I started a k-club doli build since the Alhazen Hat +1 (+70 Acc) and Gazu Bracelets +1 (+96 acc for 1st place) were added, filling the rest of the slots with malignance, this gets us to pretty much RNG level acc (with some STP loss). (/dnc may be worth it for the +10acc).

With the Raaz pet this is pretty fun for pumping out fusion -> light SC's with 2x decimations. It also works for Guttler with a little bit of an acc loss, you also want to use a different pet for skill chains or bursting (I'm looking at you Bredo).

I still need to cap out the unity items, but it's a fun build that most k-club rangers can make.
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 176 177 178