Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 175 176 177
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-02-06 06:03:08  
Bst isn't a lol job either. Some ppl just have to down on everything.
By Ozaii 2020-02-06 10:13:39  
Odin.Senaki said: »
Ozaii said: »
Honestly. If they gave bst empathy it allows for a bit more potential for the job becoming a frontliner. Although that is dragoons thing. It still would be neat if when im punching things my pets can at least share my buffs. But im sure that also has its fair share of downsides.

While I want Bst to get an upgrade, leave Empathy for poor Dragoons. They only just stopped being a 'lol' job.

Honestly empathy is cool for drgs but its not doing much considering the wyverns damage is so miniscule. Biggest moot point to empathy on drg is leveling the wyvern. Second biggest moot is shell and protect or other defensive buffs. Where as on bst itll be a nice difference as the pet actually would benefit since they can do alright damage.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-06 10:31:46  
Thats the thing with Pet Ready Buff moves vs Empathy: The few moves BST can get buffs from are not that significant (they need a few tweaks), whereas the buffs transferred from Empathy are always going to be valuable since you'll have real support jobs. I do think Empathy for BST would be a good addition, as you then would not have to worry about buffing your pet OR yourself.

Also, no idea why Killer Instinct doesn't work on the pet for an additional bonus. They get the innate Killer trait bonuses, but that's just an intimidation effect. I see no reason why BST pets can't be treated like party members for the master and allow any buffs that BST can use/aoe also affect his pet as well. There's only a handful a BST could get anyways, so wouldn't hurt much. Run Wild + Killer Instinct would be nice stacking buffs for your pet, even without rolls.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-02-07 15:44:28  
I posted a question for the Fan Gathering about distance and why they are digging their heels in versus just going with it like they did with other jobs. I would like an explanation more than just "STFU it's always been a front line job". (we know it hasn't been)

I don't expect it'll change anything but I want to keep it on their mind as they adjust BST and I'm also curious what their response would be if it gets asked.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-07 19:09:07  
Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
I posted a question for the Fan Gathering about distance and why they are digging their heels in versus just going with it like they did with other jobs. I would like an explanation more than just "STFU it's always been a front line job". (we know it hasn't been)
At this point, it would be more likely that they would adjust BST Artifact/Relic/Empyrean +2/3 Armors to have matching Accuracies/Attacks like how almost every SMN and PUP's RF pieces are; than for them to undo the distance change.

But how SMN, a 1000000% backline "one look and I'm dead" job, gets matching relevant M/Acc+40ish on every Artifact and Relic piece for both pet and SMN... (except for the Relic body.... it's literally the only one that doesn't have any Acc for the Avatar. Also technically the Relic head too? but that still gets Acc+37 for the SMN, and Attack+62 MAB+60 for Avatars... so it's more than just haste and haste alone...)
It's beyond me.

If they really want BST to be "both master and pet on the front" then the least they could do is have more than Talia'ah and the Su3 sets (and a few random pieces here and there) have matching accuracies/attacks.
It would be a start.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-02-08 10:20:55  
Here's a question for them, if they're going to continue to make jug pets consumable, why don't they make our REMA dispense them like Ammo REMA.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-02-08 11:26:24  
Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
Here's a question for them, if they're going to continue to make jug pets consumable, why don't they make our REMA dispense them like Ammo REMA.

Because the bst haters would be up in arms.
By Crossbones 2020-02-08 11:29:31  
Access to unique pets via aymur, guttler, or tri-edge is such a good idea that not only will it not happen but they will probably delete the weapons from the game as a preventative measure in case demand gets too high.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-02-08 12:08:29  
It's insane that, due to BSTs doing 20 minute Abyssea solos, or taking up camps in old-school solo Charm leveling, people are still BIG MAD.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-09 01:20:35  
Crossbones said: »
Access to unique pets via aymur, guttler, or tri-edge is such a good idea that not only will it not happen but they will probably delete the weapons from the game as a preventative measure in case demand gets too high.

1000000% chance they don't do this because when ninjas asked about the same, they've said they weren't going to create REMA dispensing shurikens because they needed to "properly balance shuriken and katana damage".

?

(They both suck)

Unique pets (like Shijin from alluvion skirmish) would be really cool and fun. And would make sense for BST. Which means it absolutely will not happen. Someone should still ask though
By Vankathka 2020-02-09 12:08:40  
I want a mini Tojil/Achuka pet. Thats all.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-02-09 12:14:31  
If they did that which they won't it would be dope to have diff types of pets based on the rema weapon. A sweet *** manticore for raw phys dps from lolguttler, maybe a pet with lots of buff/debuffs from aymur, and a strong magical type from tri-edge for SC/MB type builds, and give them all inflated stats or a flat all stats buff. Such an expansive bestiary it's a shame they self-cuck the job in so many ways. Make the jugs rare/ex so you can only have one at a time and one more from cooldown on the rema so it won't be abused.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-02-09 16:58:03  
Crossbones said: »
If they did that which they won't it would be dope to have diff types of pets based on the rema weapon. A sweet *** manticore for raw phys dps from lolguttler, maybe a pet with lots of buff/debuffs from aymur, and a strong magical type from tri-edge for SC/MB type builds, and give them all inflated stats or a flat all stats buff. Such an expansive bestiary it's a shame they self-cuck the job in so many ways. Make the jugs rare/ex so you can only have one at a time and one more from cooldown on the rema so it won't be abused.

A Guttler pet would have a massive amount of attack. An Aymur pet would have native triple attack, attack, and acc. A Farsha pet; well, there probably wouldn't be a Farsha pet because WAR is on it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-09 18:23:05  
They don't even have to go the path of weapons to make some useful jug pets. They could link them to storylines and quests. All of the SMN avatar pets outside of elements are quests (and fights). Wouldn't be a bad idea to make some powered up pets and they are only accessible by completing quests, or a questline unlocks the ability to purchase them. They could even go the route of making only certain powered up pets usable via Bestial Loyalty, which I'm sure nobody would be a fan of, but it would just give that extra option so it isn't abused.

For instance, I think by now the ability to summon Heavenly Beasts (Byakko, Kirin/Manticore, Suzaku, Genbu, Seiryu) would be interesting.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Bixbite 2020-02-09 21:01:43  
Yes they may as well. Most jug pets are completely pointless. Trying to even make pets work with the limited range is fustrating and dumb gameplay in 2020.
After giving BST +50%atk, Def and Mdef it works just fine as primarily a DD with utility like BLU and DNC.

They should just condense the jug pet traits into a three pets dispensed by the three BST REMA.
 Fairy.Trig
サーバ: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-02-10 12:36:08  
Asura.Bixbite said: »
They should just condense the jug pet traits into a three pets dispensed by the three BST REMA.

I agree with the sentiment, with whatever refinement the implementation would need to ensure new / old people have access to pets. And though I appreciate how they have jugs sprinkled through crafts to be an opportunity for crafters to make money, the demand will never be there to make it worthwhile for anyone going forward... its a relic of times past and no one would complain if they axed that approach and made pets summonable in some form. (And it would selfishly give me +20 inv)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-10 12:53:49  
Seriously though, why are almost all of the pets BST gets (some multiples) pussies?

Rabbits - pussies (give us Wrathare)
sheep - pussies
beetles - pussies
tigers - (he's a rider, can't hate here)
Mandies/mosquitos/acuex/colibri/tulfaire/ladybugs/apkallu...

And every new pet is a reskin of a weaker rendition.

How about give some of the upper-tier/Non-Charmable monster types from the families that BST can control.

Beasts: Yztarg, Behemoth, Gnole
Lizards: Peiste, Wivres, Matamata
Vermin: Mantid, Scorpion, Wamoura
Plantoid: Marlboro
Birds: Harpeia, Amphiptere
Aquans: Uragnites (this would be cool), Ruszor
Amorphs: Flans, Hecteyes

Every time I look at Summoner pets I think "damn, that looks pretty badass". Every time I look at one of BSTs pets im like "that is not threatening AT ALL"
[+]
 Fairy.Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-02-10 13:01:12  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Seriously though, why are almost all of the pets BST gets...

Whoa whoa whoa... people are just trying to get bst playable again, not make it awesome.
[+]
By DononofSylph 2020-02-10 13:06:06  
Mobs can charm players, why can’t I? I’d like to charm
My boy with R15 Cala and have a top tier pet Dd.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-10 13:13:02  
Fairy.Trig said: »
Seriously though, why are almost all of the pets BST gets...

Whoa whoa whoa... people are just trying to get bst playable again, not make it awesome.

I'm asking a serious question though. With all of the available Bestiary that BST has dominion over (Ecosystem 1+2), why are NONE of them even a little bit threatening or badass? I mean SE deliberately gave BST the lowest tier of bestiary as their companions, and then they wonder why nobody wants to be caught meleeing with them.

You have Tigers, Raaz, and Grasshoppers that are kind of rad to fight side by side with. the rest are basically cute screen animations. You summon a sheep and people are like "aww how cute". SMN calls out Ifrit and you are like "smash its face in NOAWH!"
By Nariont 2020-02-10 13:19:17  
id just like to see more pet variety in general, dont care what they look like but you can go through a handful of pets bst doesnt have a jug for or in a sillier case cant charm period, or in some pet cases that did get jugs, just remove some of the more useful moves, like the i want to say 3 variety of mandies when only the lower ilvl one has dream flower. Still suprised bst has yet to get a scorp or slime pet
 Fairy.Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-02-10 14:19:45  
I'm asking a serious question though. With all of the available Bestiary that BST has dominion over (Ecosystem 1+2), why are NONE of them even a little bit threatening or badass? I mean SE deliberately gave BST the lowest tier of bestiary as their companions, and then they wonder why nobody wants to be caught meleeing with them.

You have Tigers, Raaz, and Grasshoppers that are kind of rad to fight side by side with. the rest are basically cute screen animations. You summon a sheep and people are like "aww how cute". SMN calls out Ifrit and you are like "smash its face in NOAWH!"

You are preaching to the choir... its just that the choir uses humour to stave off the current depressing state of bst. You are right. It would only take a few tweaks and changes in approach for them to make bst interesting and useful again. I keep holding out for it... the new pet buffs are a promising move in the right direction but issues with execution have marred it so far. I couldn't bring myself to even try it out with all the ready-timing issues. I'll give it a whirl this Wednesday.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-02-10 14:22:31  
Seriously though, why are almost all of the pets BST gets (some multiples) pussies?

sheep - pussies
beetles - pussies

How about give some of the upper-tier/Non-Charmable monster types from the families that BST can control.

Every time I look at Summoner pets I think "damn, that looks pretty badass". Every time I look at one of BSTs pets im like "that is not threatening AT ALL"

Well, I agree that I would love to have alot more pet varieties. Adding all those are great. I can also admit that some of the pets are rather worthless.

However that list is mostly brave hero Glenn and colibri. Runners up would be diremite, spider and antlion.

That's it
I suggest you should learn how and when to use the others before trashing on them.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-02-10 15:51:25  
Vermin: Scorpion

A Scorpion pet would be awesome. It's been a popular request from the BST community for quite a while... and this would be the ideal time for it too, since they're taking BST down the road of sharing pet buffs.

Scorpion:
Sharp Strike - Attack Bonus
Evasion - Evasion Bonus

Some other potential pets that have buffs:

Sea Monks:
Hard Membrane - Evasion Bonus
Regeneration - Regen Effect

Dhalmel:
Berserk - Berserk effect
Healing Breeze - Restores HP
Whistle - AGI Bonus

Crawler:
Cocoon - Defense Bonus

Vermin: Wamoura

Wamouracampa:
Amber Scutum - Defense Bonus
Heat Barrier - Blaze Spikes + Enfire

Wamoura:
Exuviation - Erase + Restores HP
Erratic Flutter?

If the NQ jug was Wamouracampa and the HQ jug was a Wamoura, that could be interesting. Gives (some) value to non-HQ results?

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
brave hero Glenn
Vankathka said: »
I vote Brave Hero Glenn to save us.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-10 17:33:03  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

sheep - pussies
beetles - pussies

Well, I agree that I would love to have alot more pet varieties. Adding all those are great. I can also admit that some of the pets are rather worthless.

However that list is mostly brave hero Glenn and colibri. Runners up would be diremite, spider and antlion.

That's it
I suggest you should learn how and when to use the others before trashing on them.

I don't think I ever said any of the pets were "worthless". I am aware most of them have a use and never "trashed" their ability or performance. I was more or less referring to the type of monsters under a BST's command, none of which are the "higher-tier" versions of their family. I find it odd that SE deliberately did not give BST access to any of the stronger/more threatening monsters of each family. For instance, instead f giving access to Rams, they gave sheep. Instead of a Marlboro, you get a Snapweed. It would have been kind of interesting if they allowed the higher tier monsters to be unlocked somehow. And it shouldn't matter if said pet is or is not charmable when you are calling them anyways (you're a beast-master)
 Bismarck.Rwolf
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-02-10 17:40:13  
Since we're having fun with dream lists. I'd love for them to just ditch the jug system altogether and have us learn pets. BST is the only consumable job without many refinements to amount of space needed.

New System: Beast Affinity
Beast Affinity trait removed. Learned pets scale to main weapon level.
Taming system that levels your pet up in fights. Level up increases pet stats. If pet is completely tamed it will ignore its own enmity list and only do what you tell it to do.[
Maybe Charm and Tame can factor into this to feel like old BST.
A short quest with Brutus about how he's learned a few things from Mapikoto (mounts) and Trust system. Gain a permanent KI to learn pets.
Call Beast resets if pet is above a threshold of HP like PUP.
Bestial Loyalty becomes Deus Ex and summons the last pet for free.

Fun interactive mobs?
White Rarab from Monstrosity. Curaga with Wild Carrot. Wild Ginseng (Blink, Haste, Protect, Shell, Regen) on party.
Wamouracampa that levels up into Wamoura. Or fighting Stance A changes the Wamouracampa in and out of curled ball mode changing its access to moves.
Uragnite with stances.
A Cactuar RNG that stays at range and shoots needles with different needleshot moves. Maybe even Barrage.
A Colibri that actually mimics magic.
Some unique debuffs on some mobs that no one else can do. Avoidance? Max TP Down to increase group survival?

Just random ideas but I'd love to have some fun back and I think SE would be more inclined if they could have fun being creative like they were with trusts.
By Vankathka 2020-02-10 18:08:07  
A Scorpion with wild rage, earth breaker, sharp strike and death scissors could be pretty cool, but knowing SE they'd just give us Venom and Numbing breath that do 500 damage and it'll randomly hell scissors you.

Or a Sea Monk with Maelstrom Cross..strike? Regen and Evasion would be cool.

Falkirk your post just depressed me cause we'll never get these pets, ha.
By Felgarr 2020-02-11 02:57:12  
Fellow Beastmasters,
Please take a moment to like this post:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56412-Ask-Questions-for-Director-Yoji-Fujito-and-Producer-Akihiko-Matsui?p=624092&viewfull=1#post624092

I hope SE will answer it.
By SimonSes 2020-02-11 03:32:46  
I dont want Reward on DM augment lol.
Its hard enough to get something useful and since those augments are totally random, everyone would get that Reward on everything not just BSTs trying for it.
By Felgarr 2020-02-11 03:37:33  
SimonSes said: »
I dont want Reward on DM augment lol.
Its hard enough to get something useful and since those augments are totally random, everyone would get that Reward on everything not just BSTs trying for it.

I see your point. I agree, too. It's an imaginative, creative, over-the-top suggestion because SE has a tendancy to underwhelm us in their approach. Beastmasters have tons of Reward+ gear from Unity or other places. I expect them to read it, think about it for 5 seconds, and consider, much easier to implement options, like Reward Recast Reducation item that is less burdensome to obtain (Unity items, Better Pet Food Biscuits, etc).

Regardless of how you feel about 1 or 2 specific mentions in that post, please like it so that SE responds directly.

(BST's R/M weapons are much too similar in the pet-buff department, Pet DA/Attack from Guttler or Pet TP Bonus/multi-attack with AM3 are too similar when you consider that these are supposed to be obtainable end-game goals for a Beastmaster, but lack significant variety. End-Game weapons with respect to pet augments, should at most, have substantial value that is situational OR at the least offer a significant degree of variety).
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 175 176 177