First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 00:25:56  
Sovereign said:
Dasva said:
Sure keep telling yourself that. There are very rare exceptions sure. But in the end most of those exceptions need those subjobs to help you do your job better.

lol re-read what you just said and then tell me again i'm wrong.

Your wrong again... I mean to say the subs should help you do your job IE killing mobs with minimal tp given better while saying alive. Not necessarily supporting the group.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-20 00:31:53  
Dasva said:
Lol thanks for the backup though I wouldnt necessarily use that as a reason lol. Not withuot checking the acheivements that is. Now to get that high with only lvling 4 jobs to 75...

Isn't a good chunk of that from your fishing? lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 00:33:32  
Tarowyn said:
Dasva said:
Lol thanks for the backup though I wouldnt necessarily use that as a reason lol. Not withuot checking the acheivements that is. Now to get that high with only lvling 4 jobs to 75...

Isn't a good chunk of that from your fishing? lol

Naw fishing and goldsmithing and having lots of lvl 60 subcrafts... that and having completed like pretty much all missions and assualts. Really I think the crafting and missions are probably about equalish idk... If they counted my ebisus... argh
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-20 00:36:38  
Fishing alone's like 1/9th of your total points though, hehe. Missions aren't worth too much in general but you can get a lot from crafting.

And if you count ebisu then you have to count every rare R/E in the game and there's just no end.

But more on topic, /rdm is fine end game, but if you're not soloing all the way to 75, /whm > /rdm for the trip.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Deadlymidget
サーバ: Carbuncle
user:
By Carbuncle.Deadlymidget 2009-08-20 00:40:28
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Tarowyn said:
Fishing alone's like 1/9th of your total points though, hehe. Missions aren't worth too much in general but you can get a lot from crafting.

And if you count ebisu then you have to count every rare R/E in the game and there's just no end.

I have a beastmen seal what do I get?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 00:48:38  
Tarowyn said:

But more on topic, /rdm is fine end game, but if you're not soloing all the way to 75, /whm > /rdm for the trip.

Well I got to 50ish in pts back when blm still got them then solo all the way. Yes with no stoneskin or blink most the time. Doing sch to 37 has convinced me /nin is pretty useful if your not 1 hitting earlier on.
Also comparing ebisus to any Ra/ex is kinda silly I mean in the update it even said they are changing ebisus rod often considered the relic of fishing
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-08-20 00:51:42  
Dasva said:
Sovereign said:
Dasva said:
Sure keep telling yourself that. There are very rare exceptions sure. But in the end most of those exceptions need those subjobs to help you do your job better.

lol re-read what you just said and then tell me again i'm wrong.

Your wrong again... I mean to say the subs should help you do your job IE killing mobs with minimal tp given better while saying alive. Not necessarily supporting the group.

If you read my first post, all I said was that all of the common subjobs had thier uses, and proper times to be used.

I wrote that post, because all I heard you saying was that BLMs are only ever supposed to do nuke stuff, and because of that should only ever sub RDM. In fact, your very first post in this thread said to "never /whm, EVER"

That school of thought is incorrect, which you obviously know since you verified that in the statements quoted above. Where you then claimed that there are exceptions, and in those cases using a different subjob can make you perform better.

You're contradicting yourself. So remind me again of how I am wrong?

idiot.

It's too bad you'll never know how powerful BLM really can be... it really is a cool job when pushed to it's limits. But you'll never see those...
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-20 00:54:54  
Well you would have had to have no blink/SS considering you didn't have whm sub at the time you mentioned, lol. Are you really gonna claim that having fast cast and gravity made so much difference? /whm just brings a lot more to the table when you're in a party situation.

I did mostly partying on my blm since that was before the whole pet thing really started to get popular, though I did do a brief stint in bibiki because of lack of invites. I think the only time I used /rdm in party at all was weapons in lolromaeve helping the rdm out dispelling the 30 effects off the weapons, other than that the tradeoff just never seemed worth it.

And calling it relic is just a pr thing. You could spend more time getting a ridill than you spent on your ebisu. It's just too random.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 00:55:26  
Because no where did I say rdm only... idiot
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-08-20 00:59:36  
Dasva said:
NEVER /whm ever!!! I will not be expected to back cure as blm... um depends on the situation..

quoted from your first post in this thread.

In fact, the very first opening sentence is contradictory, since SITUATIONALLY subbing whm can be beneficial.

you know this, but are just too stupid or too stubborn to admit it.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-20 01:00:37  
But saying never /whm to people when a lot won't have sch lvled amounts to almost the same thing since /nin in a party setting is pretty much lol.

Side note, having curaga's useful in a number of cases too, something which /sch doesn't actually get.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 01:01:08  
Tarowyn said:
Well you would have had to have no blink/SS considering you didn't have whm sub at the time you mentioned, lol. Are you really gonna claim that having fast cast and gravity made so much difference? /whm just brings a lot more to the table when you're in a party situation.

Soloing up on pets? No not at all. Well fastcast helped to keep the higher chains but yeah I was 1 hitting stuff so buffs didnt matter. And gravity even less lol. However keeping myself in sorc ring range on just a normal maccro set which was like 9 peices of gear was made much much easier without autoregen. Could just build it into a 3 part rest convert get up maccro. Sure /whm brings more to the pt. More isnt necessarily better. This game well in pt evironments is about specialization. Gimping your ability to do one thing so you can do another better while relying on someone else to do the opposite. Hence why we have tanks and DDs and buffers and healers etc...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 01:03:12  
Sovereign said:
Dasva said:
NEVER /whm ever!!! I will not be expected to back cure as blm... um depends on the situation..

quoted from your first post in this thread.

In fact, the very first opening sentence is contradictory, since SITUATIONALLY subbing whm can be beneficial.

you know this, but are just too stupid or too stubborn to admit it.

Guess what.. an actual support mage could /whm too. Hence eliminating your need too.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-08-20 01:04:56  
what happens when that isnt a possibility with your group? maybe there is no other mage to support you.

That's the whole idea behind situational.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 01:06:28  
lol if your in a group and a single blm is your only mage... you fail at planning. At that rate make a drg /whm
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-20 01:08:32  
Dasva said:
Soloing up on pets? No not at all. Well fastcast helped to keep the higher chains but yeah I was 1 hitting stuff so buffs didnt matter. And gravity even less lol. However keeping myself in sorc ring range on just a normal maccro set which was like 9 peices of gear was made much much easier without autoregen. Could just build it into a 3 part rest convert get up maccro. Sure /whm brings more to the pt. More isnt necessarily better. This game well in pt evironments is about specialization. Gimping your ability to do one thing so you can do another better while relying on someone else to do the opposite. Hence why we have tanks and DDs and buffers and healers etc...

Well, I actually meant during the period where you were lvling up to 50 in parties, solo's pretty much, do whatever the heck you want, won't affect anyone but yourself, lol.

The OP did sound like he planned more on partying for now, though that'll probably end up changing in the 50's (not neccesarily by choice). Sorc ring's kinda understandable but it's a pretty specific case, most people can't even afford it or don't bother with it until later in their careers.

My point is though that you're not really gimping yourself. You lose minimal stuff by going /whm vs /rdm, and you gain the ability to do a lot more if the crap hits the fan. Somtimes DD's have to tank, sometimes buffers have to heal, sometimes tanks have to DD, that's life, the super specialization comes more into play at end game and less so during levelling.
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-20 01:08:44  
Guess what, not everyone have subjob in Salvage, therefore when the blm have it, /whm is way superior on someone with 550MP (when mp still locked), than on a *** BRD which run out of MP after casting 2 spells. (especially thinking about AR).

Other mages ? Wait what ? RDM doesn't get sub early. Which other mage ?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 01:11:06  
Meh I dont really do salvage and everytime I have done it weve had a rdm and or a whm. I question why blm is your best healer in salvage...
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-20 01:12:16  
Dasva said:
Guess what.. an actual support mage could /whm too. Hence eliminating your need too.

Having more than one is normally better though, recast times on erase and blindna come to mind. One person having to erase 3 people just sucks, lol.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-20 01:13:51  
Dasva said:
Meh I dont really do salvage and everytime I have done it weve had a rdm and or a whm. I question why blm is your best healer in salvage...

RDM do not get support job cell over BRD or BLM. Actually he's one of the last to get it since he can do most of its job fine without SJ.

You question why BLM is your best healer in salvage ? Because RDM take care of 1 melee, BLM take care of 2nd melee, brd cannot focus on status cure since need to run here and there to sing (not to mention brd need to status cure himself because he gets with by AoE while singing for melee). No extra mage. You don't salvage with 18 players.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 01:14:38  
Meh. I do less dmg /whm. I have less survivability if bad stuff happens both solo and group play. Ill /rdm or if Im confident Im not getting hit /sch. And really weird cases /nin.
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-20 01:18:44
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

This thread is just fail. I'm leaving here, I can't stand the fail that encompasses this place. lol
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-20 01:20:27  
The int different at 75 is only 3 int. It's more but... not significatntly, lol. And the only way you have more survivability is if you're actually fighting something that can be graved, otherwise they're about equal. I guess a tiny difference in cast times for stuff like sleep/bind but you should be able to cast in between with either sj.

And just like there's weird cases for /nin, there's certain cases where you just want that erase, or having curaga is useful. It's just too useful to say you'll never need it.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-08-20 01:20:54  
ok well it has become abundantly clear that you simply do not understand how much black mage is capable of. Your scope of the job has not surpassed anything beyond the damage caused by Burst II.

I know what BLM is capable of. I've first hand seen how powerful the job can be in a multitude of situations. I've seen a single, properly geared BLM do things more efficiently than full alliances. Admittedly, playing the job at that level requires an amazing amount of gear. The best BLMs carry SEVEN different sets of gear on them, at all times (Idle, nuke, dark, enfeeble, MND, high resist, and resting). Not just a single nuking set like yours.........

One day, once you get past how high you can get your Burst damage... you'll really understand. until then, go back to your pudding camp.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-20 01:23:32  
Tarowyn said:
The int different at 75 is only 3 int. It's more but... not significatntly, lol. And the only way you have more survivability is if you're actually fighting something that can be graved, otherwise they're about equal. I guess a tiny difference in cast times for stuff like sleep/bind but you should be able to cast in between with either sj.

You forgot Phalanx ! Making a huge difference :D

Quote:
And just like there's weird cases for /nin, there's certain cases where you just want that erase, or having curaga is useful. It's just too useful to say you'll never need it.

/agree
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-20 01:27:08  
Antipika said:
You forgot Phalanx ! Making a huge difference :D

Lol, left it out on purpose because of how little a difference it makes!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 01:28:09  
Lol wow good assumptions... and none of them are right. Ill put it simply Blm is not a support job period! Sure you got mp and can. But guess what blu can heal much much better without even subbing whm and can do really good then or /sch for intersting blu heals... Am I gonna bring a blu to heal? *** no. I will bring and actual healing job. A drg/mage can heal insanely good for hardly any mp... still not gonna happen cept in like solo/duo/tio situations.
Oh and btw I havent killed puddings in months but 90% of my events Im blm. But my groups dont do stupid ***so when they need another support job they have me come rdm.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-20 01:31:54  
Why is it only healing though? Erasing bind/slow on yourself, using curaga to wake a group rather than having to do them one at a time. It's not like you're turning smn cure bot mode or anything, lol.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-20 01:35:14  
Dasva said:
Dubont said:
User submitted image

To everyone doggin on Dasva and sayin ***about him...check his player rank...now check your own.

User submitted image

Wait, what?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 01:37:22  
And Im saying those are silly reasons to do it. When anyone can do the same thing. Your taking away from what your job is suppose to do and doing another jobs job for them. I like to take each job I play to the limits of what its supposed to do. And in some cases show other people up going a little outside the box... like nuking hard on rdm. Or crowd control/debuffing on blu or maybe tanking on thf... but always something that plays to strenghs inherent to the job. Nothing that requires different subjobs or gearing... I mean I can do some crazy curing and support as thf/dnc in full haste gear and merc kris... and its pretty awesome in campaign or soloing defenisive skill ups... Id still never bring it any pt situation lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8