2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 80 81 82
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 23:59:41  
Asura.Cambion said: »
R15 *** and Regal Ring are not a realistic expectation for the crowd I am catering to

If you referencing Twashtar that I suggested, I meant AG Twashtar, not R15.

I ended up using Cell E211 on the 'Data' tab, labeled "Relic Bonus" and manually forced 150% here, as it mathed out correctly for the goal I was told I should be looking for.
Please share the proper way to handle this bonus and I'll adjust accordingly.

In theory this is correct way, but you have something wrong in your sheet then. I have my own sheet with ws damage, so I cna double check DNC sheet result and in my sheet im getting even more than 21k Im getting in DNC sheet, so that 16k in your is way off.

Make screenshots of whole WS set in "Gear", cells in "Data" around E211 and Evisceration details in weaponskill list (I have it in "Other Lists")
 Asura.Cambion
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-03-12 01:15:14  
SimonSes said: »
If you referencing Twashtar that I suggested, I meant AG Twashtar, not R15.
Even so, ~65DPS is not worth 170M to most people.
**Assuming I even understand which version is the AG.
1500HMP = 90M
60 Riftdross = 30M
10,000 Boulders = 50M
*Current Prices on Asura

Then for R15 is an additional 119M after that, for a grand total of 289M. :,(

In theory this is correct way, but you have something wrong in your sheet then. I have my own sheet with ws damage, so I cna double check DNC sheet result and in my sheet im getting even more than 21k Im getting in DNC sheet, so that 16k in your is way off.

Make screenshots of whole WS set in "Gear", cells in "Data" around E211 and Evisceration details in weaponskill list (I have it in "Other Lists")

I tested with a virgin spreadsheet to check my numbers, the Evis WS damage (without any adjustment for the 50% yet) comes out to 11,287. *1.5 = 16,930.5

WS Gear:

Data:

Weaponskill List:

If you need anything else, let me know.

Perhaps in the meantime someone else can chime in with their numbers they get from their current DPS sheet?
By SimonSes 2019-03-12 01:44:53  
fTP for Evisceration in your sheet is wrong. You have 1.0 fTP per hit as base and it should 1.25 per hit as base. Show me your tab with weaponskills (In my DNC sheet it's in "Other Lists").
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-03-12 02:42:24  
fTP for Evisceration in your sheet is wrong. You have 1.0 fTP per hit as base and it should 1.25 per hit as base. Show me your tab with weaponskills (In my DNC sheet it's in "Other Lists").

I've never touched any of this. :/

According to wiki, these Crit rates are also incorrect?
By SimonSes 2019-03-12 03:19:02  
Yeah slightly. 10 25 50 is believed to be correct. Change those crits to correct values and ftp1 ftp2 and ftp3 to 1.25
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-03-12 11:08:00  
Yeah slightly. 10 25 50 is believed to be correct. Change those crits to correct values and ftp1 ftp2 and ftp3 to 1.25

Before I post updated results, I just want to double check one thing. Reading BG it makes me assume that Crit Rate percentages are at 1k, 2k, and 3k TP as modifiers. Therefore changing these amounts (crit 0, crit 1, crit 2) shouldn't have any effect on the DPS of the spreadsheet right? As it automatically assumes we TP at 1k tp efficiently every time? However when I adjust them, I most definitely see a WS and DPS increase. I just want to ensure that these 3 values are suppose to correspond to the 1k/2k/3k modifiers, not possibly the percentage of first 3 hits or something weird? I suppose it could be due to TP overflow, but just want to make sure it's accurate before I bother doing anymore tests.

Thanks for finding that Simon!
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-12 11:44:16  
You aren't necessarily WSing at exactly 1k, and depending on what parameters you set, it assumes that you over TP by 1 round a certain percentage of the time. You're also using Moonshade.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-12 11:55:36  
Exactly what Kyte said. You even have that on those screens you posted. 3rd screen cells on the right Over-TP: 0.50, tho that's only information. The setup for this mechanic is on first tab called "Setup"
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2019-03-12 12:12:01  
Just reading through all these posts gives me a headache. I’m glad we have a lot of peeps in the Dancer community who spend a lot of time with the mathematics aspect of the job. Me—I’m just gonna be over here spamming PKs R15 style. This is my way of spreading the gospel of the Dance. You know—-by dancing.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-03-12 12:47:08  
I spread the gospel of rank15 twashter like the tard i am
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2019-03-12 13:15:24  
How’s that working out for you?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-03-12 17:44:55  
Strong I guess...

But I kinda wanna build a terp... but I might just buy a +2 neck and be done with it
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-03-12 19:41:33  
Okay, thanks to Simon I believe the sheet should be accurate now, I have deleted the previous posts with inaccurate data to prevent confusion, I apologize.

Test Conditions:
Hume
/Sam
Red Curry Bun
136 Apex Bat
Box Stop 10 (23% Def Down)
Haste Samba
Closed Position
Trusts:
Sylvie (Att+37.5% & Def Down 17.5%)
Ulmia (Double Mad)
Joachim (Double March)
Koro-Moru (Dia3/Haste2) (15% Def Down)
Whm Trust of Choice

Test 1: Offhand - Tauret vs Perfect Taming Sari
Test 2: Mainhand - R0 Aeneas vs Tauret - Offhand Perfect Taming Sari
Test 3: Mainhand - R0 Aeneas vs Tauret - Offhand R0 119 Twashtar
Test 4: Climactic Flourish - Mainhand - R0 Aeneas vs Tauret - Offhand Perfect Taming Sari
*Both using Rudra
***I Forgot to optimize WS set for Climactic***
***ReCalculating***

Test 5: Combining Test 2 and Test 4 for overall DPS comparison accounting for 2 Climactic Rudra's every 90 seconds.

***I Forgot to optimize WS set for Climactic***
***ReCalculating***
By SimonSes 2019-03-12 19:59:49  
Tauret gives +50% critical hit rate at 0TP and 10-15% at 1000TP.
You can add at least 10% crit rate for Evisceration spammed at 1000TP with Tauret. You probably wont be able to add crit rate to white dps in sheet. Unless you will just take avg, which would be like 20% crit rate and just manually add it to TP set.

Btw ther eis no difference between Twashtar R0 and R15 in offhand, because augments doesnt work outside of main hand.
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-12 21:22:25  
Well, I couldn’t be near laptop, so I did this on “Notes” and took a screenshot:

At 2K we will have 18% 3.38% critical rate.

Between WS and White DMG we can have up to 33.75% Crtical Rate on AVG, instead of your assumed 20% added to TP set, since the window of critical rate decay falls between 17.5% and 50% if you WS at 1K.
By SimonSes 2019-03-12 21:32:35  
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
At 2K we will have 18% critical rate.

You mean 8%?

Also this is only true with assumption that 0% is reached at 3k. It might be 0% at 1500 for example.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-12 21:35:22  
lol its 3.38% not 18%, I just woke up~
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-12 21:47:46  

Also this is only true with assumption that 0% is reached at 3k. It might be 0% at 1500 for example.

I thought you did 0-5% at 3kTP for total of 300 samples?
By SimonSes 2019-03-12 23:30:40  

I thought you did 0-5% at 3kTP for total of 300 samples?

I had 32.5% crit, while 30% from that was expected before dagger bonus. So I wrote 0-5%, because it could be 5% or it could be 0% since sample was only 300, it could go both ways.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-13 00:08:36  
Then to be safe, either the test needs to be done devoid of any critical rate, while using an auto attack on/off macro, or I will just add 2.5% critical rate at 3K.

My only concern atm is Terp PK spam vs Tauret Evi spam at 1K in long fights.

If I’m doing up to 26K evi as of late with Twashatr/Sari at 1300 TP and max proc, with current boost, it might reach 36-40K with Tauret/Twashtar.
All this without including Sc potential on Evi...

I did a quick test, r should approximately equal 0.35 instead of 0.26 in Decay formula, if we assume it falls to 2.5% rate at 3K TP.
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 00:16:38  
The avg damage for WS should be similar, but Terpsi has much faster TP gain, especially when you need to spend some time in hybrid sets.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 05:51:26  
Recently I was able to go to Erinys as DNC instead of THF for no melee and just WS strategy. My buffs were 4 rolls Miser, Chaos, Monk and EDIT: Tactician ofc XD. Also Fury/frality. No songs.

Twashtar R14 / Centovente

This is how it ended up :)

Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-03-13 08:13:16  
Hmmmm

Might try to dnc the next one we do for lulz..

What sub did you use?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-13 08:14:03  
usually SAM or THF
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 08:30:13  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Hmmmm

Might try to dnc the next one we do for lulz..

What sub did you use?

/war, I wanted to make sure that attack is capped. Aggressor wasnt bad too, since I had no acc buffs. Sekkanoki on /sam cuts all the tp bonus from centovente which suck *** and meditate is only 60 TP, so nothing game breaking.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-03-13 09:35:56  
Did you use any 1hrs? That should've been amazing to see
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 09:42:48  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Did you use any 1hrs? That should've been amazing to see

I did but only for more WSs tbh. I was doing 95-99 Rudra with 1400TP+ and 85-95k Rudra between 1000 and 1400. All Grand Pas Rudra were 99k. You can see avg was above 94k.

I was only using Reverse flourish and Climactic Flourish. all Rudra's were with Climactic ofc. I was using steps (facing away from NM ofc) to get FM for above flourishes.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-03-13 10:11:34  
Ive only done it on thf

Rudras unstack were doing 60-70k

Ta sa were 99k

Def will anon and come dnc the next time around
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-17 02:13:51  
Just cross sharing this post since its related to DNC:
Afania said: »
I dont think anyone that talked about tp bonus offhand ever say "you should use tp bonus offhand in every party under every situation" ever. It has always been discussed under the context of "raid" scenerios that the users are doing event with a rema brd.

If people read tp bonus offhand as by all end all best build for every situation for whatever reason, then they read the info wrong.

I understand what you mean and you're completely right, but you have to understand that casual players who show up to the forums, looking for info on a new job, they check a guide, or 'optimal set', and often imitate it without much more thought or research. They don't read all 50+ pages, or the back and forth discussions for context, or even the original testing/data/DPS sheets yada yada yada. 9 times out of 10 (complete hyperbole, I don't have a clue what the real percentage is) they check current 'Best in Slot' they farm/equip it, and depending on how serious they are about the job, it might end there.

For example, I mentioned above, the Dnc guide/forum are extremely active and up to date. If you go to the Dnc guide on BG here is what you will find:

How many people do you think skipped straight to this, and didn't read a word of the guide? I'll put my money on more than half. Sure it says "much more acc than usual" but what does that mean? Sushi instead of meat? Madrigals from a trust? Quickstep instead of Box?! Could be anything.

Maybe they skip to read about the actual dagger:

Centrovente:

This Dagger can potentially give the highest DPS in offhand when you go [TP Bonus +1000] and Pair it with Twashtar (Level 119 III) or Setan Kober B.
It will require a metric ton of accuracy in high end content and luckily Dancer has one of the highest Accuracy in game.
Good Luck getting it from Dagger Trials in Weaponskill Trials via Magian Moogle.

Okay, a 'metric ton' does a far more accurate job of describing what's needed to make this dagger work, but then it immediately follows with 'in high end content' which might give people the false idea that it can be used in 'regular content' easily. Regular and High End might be different for every person, as I already admitted, I believed Sinister Reign to be 'low end' and was wrong.

Immediately after that is says, 'luckily Dancer has one of the highest Accuracy in the game' again another false sense of security to the casual player/reader without more context.

Maybe they even went to the forums or searched for Dnc DPS and found this:

Again, very little context UNLESS they read the multiple pages before and after that chart, but we know how humans are... they rarely do/will. The search is simple "what's max dps" and they isolate the quickest, easiest answer that spells it out black and white, preferable in picture form and they obtain their instant gratification, say "that's what I'll get" and they start farming/grinding.

I am guilty of this action, I am not speaking down on anyone.

Additionally, I am not saying anything is wrong with the Dnc guide or trying to criticize it in any way, I want to be clear I'm pointing out the, dare I say flaws, of human nature, and the realistic expectation/outcome of what happens when people see numbers or discussions or sets involving Off hand TP bonus weapons.

I mean Hell, even in this thread, read the way the OP is discussing TP weapon as a no-brainer offhand to both melee jobs being discussed, and we're talking about purely solo situations where we damn well know he won't have the buffs to make it work. That's all Simon was trying to point out, and I just wanted to reiterate his point, as a person who was also ignorant enough to go fall into that same lazy trap.

For more feedback, please don't hesitate to share here, so we can make the guide better.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-03-17 03:04:14  
For more feedback, please don't hesitate to share here, so we can make the guide better.

Just for context, this was a silly discussion. I was only trying to explain to the OP that you can't just lazily slap on a TP bonus off hand weapon and go do whatever you want expecting it to work without the proper buffs.

I'm note sure why Afania needed to fight me on it, to where I had to over explain to that extent, but... here we are.

I meant no criticism to the Dnc guide at all, or to you Katriina, I was criticizing people (myself included) for just skipping to the <gear> and using/imitating it without any research or understand of how/why/when it's considered the best in slot.
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 80 81 82