2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » [dev1241] Final Adoulin Quest Rewards
[dev1241] Final Adoulin Quest Rewards
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-07 16:00:04  
Chyula said: »
I don't even know where to begin, the goal of a buffing job isn't to crunch out the highest potential value?, and I'm not even going to bother what you'll gain from that slot by giving up the extra +skill which seem like nothing at all for geo. If PDif is capped then toss on defense down or some other ***that help smooth out the fight, you don't always have to use fury you know.
Do you.... even know what pDIF is?
It's the def-atk ratio.... if it's capped... then adding -def... will do nothing...
Though it sounds like you don't do any endgame content on GEO because the only way you're gonna ever cap pDIF in the first place is with +atk AND -def... at least on "stuff that matters".

So it sounds like where you need to begin is with the basic fundamentals of how the game works.
Seeing as how you think that adding frailty to a pDIF capped situation is going to do anything more than waste MP casting frailty.

You asked for why that ring isn't very good, and I told you exactly why it's not very good at this time. (notice how I also pointed out how that the 52 skill needed to reach the 900 tier, which might be the capped tier, could very well be attainable with the empy set, which then this ring would be needed to reach said 900. But as it is right now, ±1% isn't worth the loss of: 5%FC 3%QM 10Macc; 55% cure potency; 58%/71%/78%PDT; or even just 3%WSdmg... all of which serve MORE THAN ONE JOB.)
So if you're gonna pull ***like
I don't even know where to begin...
be prepared to get shut down and have the very place where you should begin: learning the basics of the game. Be proclaimed at your expense.
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-07 16:01:55  
Best advice ever: if attack is capped, lower the target defense!
 Fenrir.Nauta
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Anjou
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-11-07 16:30:38  
Could you explain pdif like im 5? I've always been a casual player and a DD but I am very interested in GEO and love the job so far. Would it be a good assumption that on all 119 content, I should use frailty/fury and for weaker content haste(if not capped) and attribute buffs?
 Bahamut.Soraishin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-11-07 16:34:21  
Alot of these rings are pretty good and a few are prob best in slot for a few jobs, but I can comfortably say the best one on that list is Orvail Ring, i'm gonna get that one first for sure.
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-11-07 16:35:24  
What will the Woltaris ring do exactly?

It seems like it will either enhance only the JA while in use, or perhaps it provide the function at a measly level of functionality?
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-07 16:38:49  
Fenrir.Nauta said: »
Could you explain pdif like im 5? I've always been a casual player and a DD but I am very interested in GEO and love the job so far. Would it be a good assumption that on all 119 content, I should use frailty/fury and for weaker content haste(if not capped) and attribute buffs?

When in doubt, wiki is your friend :)
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/PDIF
 Leviathan.Vow
サーバ: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2014-11-07 16:44:11  
Dr.Seuss said: »
a gain is a gain then I don't know what you complain...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 16:46:02  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
What will the Woltaris ring do exactly?

It seems like it will either enhance only the JA while in use, or perhaps it provide the function at a measly level of functionality?
If it's like every other sublimation gear, it will increase the amount per tic you store by 1.

If I remember correctly, the HP- is still 2, right?
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-11-07 16:55:30  
FaeQueenCory said: »
I don't even know where to begin, the goal of a buffing job isn't to crunch out the highest potential value?, and I'm not even going to bother what you'll gain from that slot by giving up the extra +skill which seem like nothing at all for geo. If PDif is capped then toss on defense down or some other ***that help smooth out the fight, you don't always have to use fury you know.
It's the def-atk ratio.... if it's capped... then adding -def... will do nothing...
Though it sounds like you don't do any endgame content on GEO because the only way you're gonna ever cap pDIF in the first place is with +atk AND -def... at least on "stuff that matters".

So it sounds like where you need to begin is with the basic fundamentals of how the game works.
Seeing as how you think that adding frailty to a pDIF capped situation is going to do anything more than waste MP casting frailty.

You asked for why that ring isn't very good, and I told you exactly why it's not very good at this time. (notice how I also pointed out how that the 52 skill needed to reach the 900 tier, which might be the capped tier, could very well be attainable with the empy set, which then this ring would be needed to reach said 900. But as it is right now, ±1% isn't worth the loss of: 5%FC 3%QM 10Macc; 55% cure potency; 58%/71%/78%PDT; or even just 3%WSdmg... all of which serve MORE THAN ONE JOB.)
be prepared to get shut down and have the very place where you should begin: learning the basics of the game. Be proclaimed at your expense.

It's pretty obvious he meant +defense. I doubt someone would even toss around the term pdif without being aware of what it is.

You keep tossing around this 900 skill tier BS as well. That's only the next tier for Refresh. Is that the only thing that matters? Other spells have tiers much higher in frequency. Not that the +10 will hit them all, and even if it did, 1% here, 1 acc there, etc, won't be worth the same for everyone. But stop throwing around this 900 number like that's some magic cap we must hit for +skill to be worthwhile.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-07 17:06:21  
did some more maths and corrected an error, have Karieyh ring coming just under 2% ahead of Ifrit +1 for SAM WSs under optimal conditions. Once ACC caps or attack uncaps, Ifrit +1 gains over Karieyh. Other 1-hit weaponskills aren't going to fare any differently, and multihits are right out; stat rings are superior across the board. Magic weaponskills may find some use, but it's unlikely to be for many of them or by enough to be worth throwing away the ring choice just for those.

And as it's been mentioned before, the regain is pretty awful. The most use you'd get out of it is waiting 2.5 minutes between battles to shave a hit off your 4hit or something.

Overall seems like a pretty poor ring compared to some of the other ones. At most, it possibly saves 1 or 2 inventory slots and lets you sell the expensive avatar rings, but inventory considerations can be made for a lot of these.
By Chyula 2014-11-07 17:09:56  
Bahamut.Malothar said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »

It's pretty obvious he meant +defense. I doubt someone would even toss around the term pdif without being aware of what it is.

You keep tossing around this 900 skill tier BS as well. That's only the next tier for Refresh. Is that the only thing that matters? Other spells have tiers much higher in frequency. Not that the +10 will hit them all, and even if it did, 1% here, 1 acc there, etc, won't be worth the same for everyone. But stop throwing around this 900 number like that's some magic cap we must hit for +skill to be worthwhile.

I admit I was wrong with the PDif thing, but I did said you can switch out to other spell that can help smooth out the fight. My point is having higher buff value will always help more because you can't always assume your melee are capped unless you have a static group that mathed every ***out perfectly. if you do then you more power to you.
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-11-07 17:12:37  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
At most, it possibly saves 1 or 2 inventory slots and lets you sell the expensive avatar rings, but inventory considerations can be made for a lot of these.

Movement speed ring's use is revealed! /toss, sell, or store.. Geo AF, Nin AF, Brd Empy, Heralds, Hermes, Blood legs, and prolly others I'm forgetting. Ignoring their obvious other uses like Brd Empy for songs ofc. Forget efficiency, gimme dem inventory slots!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-07 17:13:59  
Bahamut.Malothar said: »
At most, it possibly saves 1 or 2 inventory slots and lets you sell the expensive avatar rings, but inventory considerations can be made for a lot of these.

Movement speed ring's use is revealed! /toss, sell, or store.. Geo AF, Nin AF, Brd Empy, Heralds, Hermes, Blood legs, and prolly others I'm forgetting. Ignoring their obvious other uses like Brd Empy for songs ofc. Forget efficiency, gimme dem inventory slots!

If a... you want that inventory, there's a nice cup of tea with your name on it, just sayin~ One doesn't require (any) gear to move 18%.

But on a serious note, the more I think about uses for each ring, the less appealing they become. They're all nice and unique, but there's no real clear must obtain.

Twelve choices and you can only pick one is just... well... mean lol. I could live with 2... Or a blank ring with 3-4 options.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-11-07 17:23:13  
They could have really tossed pup a bone here and put martial arts on one of these rings for them

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-11-07 18:01:25  

Vocane Ring for JP says Damage Taken-7%, ours says Damage Taken II -3%. Not sure how drunk our translators are but apparently numbers confuse them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2014-11-07 18:01:58  
This is going to be a really difficult decision. I do wish they would've let you augment a single ring with whatever you wanted from a list of all those possibilities; but I guess this will do. 300k bayld to swap the ring is ridiculous though, H-P bayld is just going to become even more scarce due to this high cost. Vocane seems pretty great for an Ergon RUN. -78% PDT go goooo.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-07 18:03:43  
Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »

Vocane Ring for JP says Damage Taken-7%, ours says Damage Taken II -3%.

That... changes things. 3% wasn't enough to make me even bat an eye... but, replacing Darkrings, AND being DT II... that's going to make the choice a little tougher.

Wonder if all the other ones are correct then?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-11-07 18:05:33  
Everything else is correct, that was the only mistake from JP to EN translations. Personally translated everything myself to check.

Also that's NOT Damage Taken II, you can clearly see no II after the text with the -7%. To give an example:

That says Cure Potency II +5%
By Pantafernando 2014-11-07 18:09:51  
Latent: jp dt -7%
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-07 18:13:01  
If it's a straight DT 7% then couldn't care less. Nothing changes:
DT II 3% and DT 7% both equally worthless. (compared to other rings you should get, that is.)
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-11-07 18:55:30  
Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »

Vocane Ring for JP says Damage Taken-7%, ours says Damage Taken II -3%. Not sure how drunk our translators are but apparently numbers confuse them.
Wow. wth SE?

Well, in hopes of finding out what the actual stats are, I posted in the localization section of the OF. They're surprisingly good about actually addressing questions over there. Maybe we can find something out.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-07 22:07:00  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
If it's a straight DT 7% then couldn't care less. Nothing changes:
DT II 3% and DT 7% both equally worthless. (compared to other rings you should get, that is.)

I'm with you on that... I don't think I can talk myself into DT II -3% over the other options, and plain DT-7% is worthless if you can hit 50% cap. DT II -7%? I'd probably be in for that.

did some more maths and corrected an error, have Karieyh ring coming just under 2% ahead of Ifrit +1 for SAM WSs under optimal conditions.

Overall seems like a pretty poor ring compared to some of the other ones. At most, it possibly saves 1 or 2 inventory slots and lets you sell the expensive avatar rings, but inventory considerations can be made for a lot of these.

To be fair, a sidegrade to a roughly 13mil item (prices for Ifrit+1 on my server) is nothing to scoff at.

Then again, NQ Ifrit isn't that far behind and you do lose out on being able to choose one of the other rings with some pretty unique stats.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-07 22:24:54  
Quote:
To be fair, a sidegrade to a roughly 13mil item (prices for Ifrit+1 on my server) is nothing to scoff at.

Then again, NQ Ifrit isn't that far behind and you do lose out on being able to choose one of the other rings with some pretty unique stats.
Yeah it's a decent chunk of gil and inventory. I will likely get it but can see why someone who cares about mages wouldn't. I was getting it at about a 160~ damage per Coronach gain over Garuda+1 and it was running about even with Garuda+1 on Last Stand. For all us gimps without the money for Ifrit+1s, Ramuh+1s, Garuda+1s, and Titan+1s it's not bad.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-07 22:30:06  
Adoulin looks like it might be a respectable macro piece, but for all the things I'd macro it for, outside of Lunge/Swipe, Kariyeh is probably a better option.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-11-08 01:08:25  
Shneddick.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-11-08 01:36:48  
what if Shnedickk stacked with fajin boots? that would be heck of fun xD
 Asura.Teleniel
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2014-11-08 02:10:00  
Karieyh >> Great WS ring
Adoulin >> Average ring for TP-phase or Casters
Vocane >> Great PDT ring
Janniston >> Unique effect Cure ring, low-potency though
Weatherspoon >> Macc/Fastcast ... useful but not needed
Orvail >> Best Crafting Ring

Haverton >> soloist, DW+ not needed
Thurandaut >> soloist, pet buffs aren't as easy to stack
Shnedick >> Soloist, +movement is not needed
Gorney >> Thf already caps TH8 w/o this, not needed
Woltaris >> Refresh that you don't need
Renaye >> Refresh that you don't need

The long and short of your ring choice is similar to back in ToAU. What do you want to specalize in? Each of the options Tank/DD-WS/DD-TP/Mage-Macc/Mage-Matk/Mage-Cure or Crafting are potent and can save you some otherwise difficult to obtain or expensive equipment.
For me, I will probably end up with Orvail (finish crafting) > Vocane ring.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-11-08 03:22:02  
The movement is nice.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10