On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 95 96 97
By AsAller 2019-11-23 16:16:52  
Jetackuu said: »
Definitely should have a DT (50 pdt and what is it now w/ shellV 26 mdt?) and refresh set. Usually a toggle between the 2 depending on situation.

MEVA shouldn't be ignored either.

How do you cap PDT and get 26MDT? Just curious, as I am starting my idle sets.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-23 16:37:04  
AsAller said: »
Definitely should have a DT (50 pdt and what is it now w/ shellV 26 mdt?) and refresh set. Usually a toggle between the 2 depending on situation.

This is by no means an amazing set:

but it gets the job done, I need to do more research and get more gear, hopefully eventually a smash robe...

(that throws me at 52 and 38, respectively, with 476 meva. The other crap is in there for lulz and whatnot.
By AsAller 2019-11-23 18:29:43  
Genbu shield vs Genmei?

Wouldn't we all like a Smash robe
By Jetackuu 2019-11-23 18:30:57  
Genbu shield vs Genmei?

Wouldn't we all like a Smash robe

Don't have the latter, so can't use it.
By Nariont 2019-11-23 18:35:02  
if you dont care what's in your main in idle can use the mafic cudgel to cover another 10% and free up some ayanmo for more inyanga
By Jetackuu 2019-11-23 18:40:44  
I considered an Asclepius but I have a lot of other stuff to be working on before I swing back around to my whm sets, there are a few teaks I'd probably like to do on it though, cover a few more scenarios, just trying to keep it simple.
By Nariont 2019-11-23 18:45:02  
fair enough, su5 would obviously be better, mafic is just a much easier alternative and frees up i think both ayanmos for more meva, daybreaks also a great meva option but hard to fit in while keeping capped pdt
By Jetackuu 2019-11-23 18:48:01  
I mean I still haven't +2'd my full Inyaga set, Jet isn't fond of ambu...
By cuddlyhamster 2019-11-23 21:19:27  

was recently updating idle sets and looked up shell5 on bgwiki. it says there that shell5 now provides 29% mdt, so only need 21
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-23 21:41:10  
I mean the MDT is stupid easy to get.
 Asura.Mims
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2019-11-24 11:10:53  
Question:
the Asclepius, piety wand, cleric's wand family have the "Afflatus Misery: Esuna removes one to three extra status ailments" mod, separate from their augmented, main hand only modifiers. Does this Esuna mod work while these weapons are in the offhand? I've been hearing conflicting things, but I think people are conflating the innate esuna mod with the path C augments.

Can anyone clear this up?
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-11-24 14:21:58  
Asura.Mims said: »
Question:
the Asclepius, piety wand, cleric's wand family have the "Afflatus Misery: Esuna removes one to three extra status ailments" mod, separate from their augmented, main hand only modifiers. Does this Esuna mod work while these weapons are in the offhand? I've been hearing conflicting things, but I think people are conflating the innate esuna mod with the path C augments.

Can anyone clear this up?

Just tested this myself against Naphula and Cackle. I can confirm that I removed all three debuffs with a single Esuna.
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2019-11-24 14:44:16  
Thanks a lot, the Esuna buff is confirmed to work in the offhand then?
I appreciate it, I didnt wan't to spend 150M just to find out Asclepius was a glorified paperweight.
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-11-24 15:28:22  
Asura.Mims said: »
Thanks a lot, the Esuna buff is confirmed to work in the offhand then?
I appreciate it, I didnt wan't to spend 150M just to find out Asclepius was a glorified paperweight.

Yep, I made sure I had it in the off hand. Like you said, it's only the augment that doesn't work offhand.
By keokothelesser 2019-12-12 06:35:56  
Does anyone have a white mage specific PartyBuffs whitelist filter?
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-12-30 20:24:58  
Aislynia said: »
In the base Windower directory, there should be a folder called "res" or "resource" with a "buffs.lua" file inside. Open that file and it'll have a list of all buffs/debuffs that the game has currently. Copy over the ID values of the buffs you want to track and paste them into the filters.lua file.

Here's an WHM example to track Regen, Haste, and most status ailments:
WHM = L{42,33,2,4,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,19,20,21,23,24,25,26,27,31},

I keep trying to get this to only show debuffs on my party member but it's showing ALL buffs on people. Any suggestions?

whitelist = {
Player_1 = { -- player name
WAR = L{11,12,2,7,18,19,193,567,566,13,3,4,5,6,8,9,16,20,21,30, 31, 565, 192,194,557,558,559,560,561,562,563,564,
142,0,1,177,128,129,130,131,132,133,134,135,23}, -- buffs id separated by coma WAR = L{40, 41}, this will show only the protect and shell buffs on Warrior main jo
 Bahamut.Elesar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Elesar
By Bahamut.Elesar 2020-01-04 10:19:21  
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone here has written up code in their Lua to equip Embla Sash while sublimation is charging and unequip it when sublimation is "complete"?
By Wotasu 2020-01-04 11:16:52  
Should only need to be equiped when activating Ja.
Seems I was wrong.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-01-04 11:32:14  
Wotasu said: »
That's not how sublimation+gear works. The sublimation+ kicks in on tick. So you have to have the gear equipped each tick for it to do anything.

This is extremely easy to test. Lock in sublimation+ waist. Use sublimation. Observe hp lost per tick. With just sublimation+waist it should be 5/tick with no regen. Be sure to account for auto-regen traits/gear.

Remove waist and observe HP loss drop to 2/tick.
By Wotasu 2020-01-04 12:55:54  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Wotasu said: »
That's not how sublimation+gear works. The sublimation+ kicks in on tick. So you have to have the gear equipped each tick for it to do anything.

This is extremely easy to test. Lock in sublimation+ waist. Use sublimation. Observe hp lost per tick. With just sublimation+waist it should be 5/tick with no regen. Be sure to account for auto-regen traits/gear.

Remove waist and observe HP loss drop to 2/tick.

Never tested, but was told like 2 years ago that's how it worked c.c; Thanks for the fix in my missknowledge! Tho I rarely play Sch since then so havent bothered.
 Bahamut.Illumin
user: sylvanica
By Bahamut.Illumin 2020-01-04 18:54:19  
Something like:
Code
function aftercast(spell)
	if areas.Cities:contains(world.area) then
		equip(sets.idle['Town'])
	else
	    if buffactive["Sublimation: Activated"] then
            equip(set_combine(sets.idle[IDLE_SET], sets.buff['Sublimation']))
        else
			equip(sets.idle[IDLE_SET])
		end
	end
end
 Bahamut.Elesar
user: Elesar
By Bahamut.Elesar 2020-01-06 15:20:21  
Okay so I've been spending the last few days trying to get this to work. I use the Selindrile lua sets so my white mage lua files are split into two.

In my general white mage lua file (WHM.lua) I have two lines of information. The first line containing..
Code
state.Buff['Sublimation: Activated'] = buffactive['Sublimation: Activated'] or false
state.Buff['Sublimation: Complete'] = buffactive['Sublimation: Complete'] or false

The next lines containing..
Code
    if buffactive['Sublimation: Activated'] then
        equip(set_combine(sets.idle, sets.buff['Sublimation: Activated']))
    elseif buffactive['Sublimation: Complete'] or false then
        equip(sets.idle)
    end
end

Now in my character white mage lua (CharacterName_Whm_Gear.lua) I have this line of code..

Code
sets.buff['Sublimation: Activated'] = {waist="Embla Sash", ring1="Woltaris Ring"}

I don't get an error when loading the lua into gearswap but the game doesn't seem to do anything when sublimation is used. The goal is to equip "sets.buff['Sublimation: Activated']" when the buff "Sublimation: Actived" is on and switch back to "sets.idle" when either no sublimation effect is on and/or "Sublimation: Comlete" is on.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-06 16:45:40  
Bahamut.Elesar said: »
The next lines containing..
Code
    if buffactive['Sublimation: Activated'] then
        equip(set_combine(sets.idle, sets.buff['Sublimation: Activated']))
    elseif buffactive['Sublimation: Complete'] or false then
        equip(sets.idle)
    end
end

This is wrong....

In selindrile gs you should make a user_job_customize_idle_set function to put this code into your <charactername>_WHM_gear.lua file. That is the only place you can do it that won't get overwritten every time he pushes an update.

That will make sure it processes after job_customize_idle_set and it will equip the sublimation gear instead of the latent gear when mpp < 50%
Code
function user_job_customize_idle_set(idleSet)
	if buffActive['Sublimation: Activated'] or state.Buff['Sublimation: Activated'] then
		idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.buff['Sublimation: Activated'])
	end

return idleSet
end

Edit:

You should never edit anything except your <charactername>_job_gear.lua files. Any changes you make to anything other than those files will be erased after every fetched update from github. Even your state.Buff lines should be in your character gear file.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2020-01-06 20:40:23  
You can edit User-Globals or Character-Globals too, but whether or not you should do that would depend on if you want to use this on other characters/jobs.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-08 04:29:40  
I’m using Conagh’s lua and really like it but I’ve been having a problem...

When I try to use a Ring-Warp via macro, it treats the /item command as a spell and swaps into the damn FastCast ring lol.

It’s a minor inconvenience but I Multi-Box and it’d be really nice to have ALL of my guys warp when I use the “Warp-All” macro lol.

I tried making a custom set:
Sets.precast[“Warp Ring”] but no dice

Is there a way to stop this?

Or is there a Weather Rule / Chatoyant that works for Mote-Based lua? Mote’s stuff doesn’t have these problems so with a weather/chatoyant rule I’ll just swap the whole thing since I use all Motes anyway.

Any help is appreciated
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-01-08 06:37:11  
Could you not just idle in the Sash, there are no "amazing" options for WHM belt idle really and you kind of want Sublimation up full time anyways where possible. You could set up a Gearswap command to swap to Fucho-no-Obi I guess if MP dropped below 50% but otherwise what other options are there?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-08 08:37:20  
slipor sash

Edit: I mean you aren't wrong, but I actually rarely use my sublimation once it's completed, I'm almost never < 85% MPP unless something steals MP. You don't really need the MDT on Slipor Sash, but the extra +3 MDB is nice.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-01-08 08:57:31  
The main reason you use Sublimation is to not fall asleep these days for sure. But yeah, if you are desperate to use this belt for the sublimation over the 10% Enhancing (I thought that's why people actually got this belt) then put that rule in I guess.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-08 09:03:20  
The person asking is using a gearswap that is complex enough that adding the right 8 lines of code does it for them automatically.

You're right if you're talking about manually doing it.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-08 18:07:04  
I know you guys are currently on Sublimation but quick question (Already found a solution to my other problem)

Shrieker's Cuffs vs Inyanga Cuffs +2?

Shrieker's:
MEva 57
Resist Silence 25

vs
Inyanga's:
Magic Evasion 77
Refresh Set Effect.

I'm honestly stumped by this one because MEVA lets you resist everything but Silence is arguably the most harmful to WHM during a fight. How does Resist Enfeeb work vs Meva? There's also the point of Refresh for whatever it's worth.

Thoughts?
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 95 96 97