On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 95 96 97
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-10-18 12:26:37  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Mmmm, there's a video of it, but I hope your japanese is good since all the text is in the video itself.

I haven't actually watched the video in it's entirety because it's 12 min long and I find enmity testing a somewhat dry subject but the methodology looks good skipping through it and a number of people have vouched for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUzTr0d3EyI

Watched a bit, using a level 1 mob to stop there being an issue with Damage Emnity Degradation was a smart move, however the healer is pulling threat by doing nothing other than the single cure, and the other guy is using enfeebles which only turns it's head for a second.

The sample size is appauling.

The issue with using a mob that removes 0 HP from anyone is any cure won't return a HP Value, so the CE doesn't actually gain anything because its based on HP restored, meaning we're only working off VE which decays and makes it hard to judge how it works strictly speaking.

No Where does it states that Emnity - gear works on your Total Emnity, it may only work on Volatile Emnity, or Cummulative Emnity, meaning the testing is flawed in its very basics.

With that said, my Japanese isn't great so I couldn't translate the text terribly well so I may have missed the entirety of the explanation.

At this point, I'm still inclined to agree with the BG version on account of it's Tested previously and just because a SE rep says it's wrong, I'm not 100% sold yet.

Still interesting though, irrespective you can cap power, potency and emnity with the right gear anyway.
Conagh... Your ignorance of basic enmity mechanics is showing.

You usually seem to know what your talking about in here, so this is, a bit disappointing.

I'd suggest some time spent over on Kaeko's blog. Some of the values and data is outdated now. But the tests done and the basic system explained are still great for full understanding of enmity mechanics.

Regarding your post

#1. Well controlled enmity tests do not require a Sample size. Large samples are for dealing with variance. These are all static values. The same test will pull precisely the same result, every time.

#2: The mob turns for a second from enfeebles, then runs back because the enfeebles have a VE(Volatile enmity) component that is large enough to overtake the healer's total enmity... briefly. Then it drains away at 60 VE/second, and the mob goes back to the person with higher CE(the healer, in this case. Most enfeebles have a 1 CE component now, and a untested VE value(the old one was 300 VE, presumably it's less now. But that really doesn't matter.)

Nothing is odd or wrong with this. It's normal enmity mechanics, and the test shows good procedure.

#3: Curing for 0 yields 1 CE. Unless you have any enmity-, then it yields 0.(the value drops to a 0.x decimal, and is then floored. Interestingly, there used to be a hard floor of 1 CE for any action but now many have 0 CE, and others can be reduced to 0.)For the first test, the healer was a PLD, with no enmity-, and PLD doesn't get Tranquil heart. So a cure for 0 hp would yield 1 CE per cast in that case.

Further, to gain significant CE values from a cure, they used equipment swaps to lower then raise current vs max HP so it could cure for a value rather than 0, when needed.

#4: Enmity +/- works on both CE and VE. If you didn't see that specifically stated anywhere, it's because it's so damn obvious that no one thought to write it down. Although, if anyone did, it'd likely be on Kaeko's blog somewhere.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-10-18 12:35:04  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Mmmm, there's a video of it, but I hope your japanese is good since all the text is in the video itself.

I haven't actually watched the video in it's entirety because it's 12 min long and I find enmity testing a somewhat dry subject but the methodology looks good skipping through it and a number of people have vouched for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUzTr0d3EyI

Watched a bit, using a level 1 mob to stop there being an issue with Damage Emnity Degradation was a smart move, however the healer is pulling threat by doing nothing other than the single cure, and the other guy is using enfeebles which only turns it's head for a second.

The sample size is appauling.

The issue with using a mob that removes 0 HP from anyone is any cure won't return a HP Value, so the CE doesn't actually gain anything because its based on HP restored, meaning we're only working off VE which decays and makes it hard to judge how it works strictly speaking.

No Where does it states that Emnity - gear works on your Total Emnity, it may only work on Volatile Emnity, or Cummulative Emnity, meaning the testing is flawed in its very basics.

With that said, my Japanese isn't great so I couldn't translate the text terribly well so I may have missed the entirety of the explanation.

At this point, I'm still inclined to agree with the BG version on account of it's Tested previously and just because a SE rep says it's wrong, I'm not 100% sold yet.

Still interesting though, irrespective you can cap power, potency and emnity with the right gear anyway.
Conagh... Your ignorance of basic enmity mechanics is showing.

You usually seem to know what your talking about in here, so this is, a bit disappointing.

I'd suggest some time spent over on Kaeko's blog. Some of the values and data is outdated now. But the tests done and the basic system explained are still great for full understanding of enmity mechanics.

Regarding your post

#1. Well controlled enmity tests do not require a Sample size. Large samples are for dealing with variance. These are all static values. The same test will pull precisely the same result, every time.

#2: The mob turns for a second from enfeebles, then runs back because the enfeebles have a VE(Volatile enmity) component that is large enough to overtake the healer's total enmity... briefly. Then it drains away at 60 VE/second, and the mob goes back to the person with higher CE(the healer, in this case. Most enfeebles have a 1 CE component now, and a untested VE value(the old one was 300 VE, presumably it's less now. But that really doesn't matter.)

Nothing is odd or wrong with this. It's normal enmity mechanics, and the test shows good procedure.

#3: Curing for 0 yields 1 CE. Unless you have any enmity-, then it yields 0.(the value drops to a 0.x decimal, and is then floored. Interestingly, there used to be a hard floor of 1 CE for any action but now many have ) CE, and others can be reduced to 0)For the first test, the healer was a PLD, with no enmity-, and PLD doesn't get Tranquil heart. So a cure for 0 hp would yield 1 CE per cast in that case.

Further, to gain significant CE values from a cure, they used equipment swaps to lower then raise current vs max HP so it could cure for a value rather than 0, when needed.

#4: Enmity +/- works on both CE and VE. If you didn't see that specifically stated anywhere, it's because it's so damn obvious that no one thought to write it down. Although, if anyone did, it'd likely be on Kaeko's blog somewhere.

Martel, I don't claim to be an expert by any means on Emnity, I watched the video and didn't feel it was solid enough for me to go "yep thats fine" from eye balling, but I did say my Japanese wasn't great so I missed half of it.

I'm aware of the old formula for Emnity, however since they changed the caps etc and the SE Rep on their own forums stating information in direct opposition to it, I questioned the little knowledge I had on the subject and was looking for potential errors in the way we assumed it worked, as all the data while backed with testing is at best an educated guess.

With that said, thanks for filling in the blank information there on my part, I've never claimed to be a whizz with Emnity as honestly, it was never something I cared to look into too thuroughly.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-10-18 12:57:30  
I think it's certainly better to question. Particularly when we're given conflicting information.

Also, note. I'm not vetting that the video proves anything.(I can't read that either.) Only that the ~6 mins or so I watched before it crashed on me look solid, and showed a good understanding of enmity mechanics and values.

As an example, the numbers popping up next to each character's name in the party list during the test are the CE values for each character. When the first character pulls a monster, the value jumps to 201. The 1 CE was from the spell cast to pull, but the 200 CE is a bonus granted to the character that first acts upon a monster. So 201. I feel like relatively few people are aware of this, and most wouldn't account for it if they tried to test something.

But anyway, I think I'll either try to work through the rest of the JP video, or just go do a test myself.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-10-18 15:12:35  
I did a quick test on PLD to make sure my cure mod value was still current(and it was) then did a test for WHM.

The results showed a 215 cure III as yielding 18 CE with -50 enmity and 500 healing skill. This is consistent with Tranquil Heart as a separate multiplicative step.

Cure*enmity mod*enmity gear*tranquil heart=CE
215*(40/170)*0.5*.75=18 CE

I mean, if you wanna be picky it'd technically be 18.970~ but it's pretty clear that CE values are floored.

A 215 cure with just -50 enmity would have been 25 CE.

It's pretty clear that, whatever SE may have said, Tranquil Heart isn't additive, and doesn't fall under the gear enmity- cap. So BG wiki has the right of it.
[+]
 Sylph.Parshias
サーバ: Sylph
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2015-10-26 18:08:26  
Does anyone have a gearswap piece for handling Aurorastorm cures? I tried cutting a piece out of a SCH lua, but I'm not sure if I have it working correctly.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-26 18:17:25  
Using motes?

If using motes add:
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
        if spell.element == world.day_element or spell.element == world.weather_element then
            equip(sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'], {waist="Hachirin-No-Obi", ring1="Zodiac ring",
			back="Twilight cape"})
        end
    end
end

^
This works for my GEO. Would need i'd assume for a mote WHM lua to be changed to whatever the midcast set for cures is on that.

If not try something like this.
Code
function midcast(spell,action)
    if spell.skill =='Healing magic' then
        if world.day =='Lightday' or world.weather_element=='Light or buffactive =='Aurorastorm' then
           equip(sets.midcast.healing.weather) ========Whatever the set is named.
           end 
      end 
end

(This is very sloppy and i've never used this command on here woops, but you catch my drift).

Also my WHM lua one has a far more complex function for cures in general... that one above was typed poorly woops.
 Sylph.Parshias
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2015-10-26 19:04:57  
That ended up working. I was trying to use state.buff copying off an Afflatus Solace example instead of the buffactive you suggested.

Now I just have to work on filling out the rest of the Aurorastorm set because I'm losing about 20% potency from my regular set atm.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-28 09:44:00  
Done some tweaking to melee sets.

Would this be a little bit more optimal for sets now? And can anyone think of changes. Also would people appreciate a proper page sectioned just to melee WHM?
Additionally would people like a Club comparison page too?

Low tier ACC(Works fine for most content)
ItemSet 312221

(Mid tier, works find for regular mobs in Escha fine. never had an issue with this)
ItemSet 327867

(High Tier accuracy. Ideally the club would have Accuracy auguments as such...?)
ItemSet 338949

Realmrazer:
ItemSet 313600

Other WSs. (Works fine for Mystic Boon, Hexa and Randgrith)
ItemSet 312223
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-10-28 11:11:31  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Realmrazer:
ItemSet 313600

Realmrazer Set
ItemSet 335604

Realmrazer Triple Attack Set
ItemSet 338950

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
(High Tier accuracy. Ideally the club would have Accuracy auguments as such...?)
ItemSet 338949

High Accuracy Set
ItemSet 338866

Other good neck options are: Subtlety Spectacles, Acantha Torque or Lissome Necklace.

:3
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-28 11:13:40  
Meh i don't see much point in using 2 different sets my inventory is bad enough as it is. And honestly the Tengu-No-Hane is only really useful in daytime situations...
Otherwise Hasty Pinion +1 is a lot better.
and i almost without a fail go fighting at night
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-10-28 18:41:37  
I'm confused, why would you want triple attack on your Realmrazer set? Wouldn't it be better to just load up on accuracy so you don't miss hits?
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-28 19:09:49  
Dual wield on whm is just a bad idea. It drops DPS by a lot
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-28 19:38:55  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Dual wield on whm is just a bad idea. It drops DPS by a lot

O.o?

Assuming both clubs are a 119 variety and designed for melee, DW could only raise DPS. You swing more in the given period of time while also having a better TP/delay rate. Your not using fencer so there is argument for that TP bonus and your shield won't give you nearly as good a melee stats as an off hand melee club.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-28 19:59:55  
In every which way I plug in dual wield compared to one club/shield beats club/club. Even got a new spreadsheet to see if that was correct, and nothing.

Yag with am3/shield /war comes out best

With a maxed Nehushtan behind it

With Onca/Telchine with +3 haste(20 acc), asperity, cessance/brutal/windbuffet +1/Rulucent cape.

Tried many combos in the SS and nothing comes close. Plugging in Shetal, Heartseeker set, even eabani/suppa. Not to mention, even sub nin you won't be able to get much DW since Telchine cannot be augmented with DW
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-10-28 20:10:09  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
I'm confused, why would you want triple attack on your Realmrazer set? Wouldn't it be better to just load up on accuracy so you don't miss hits?

It is just an experiment for Abyssea fun - to see how high the numbers will go. Don't actually use it.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-10-28 20:12:31  
With Onca/Telchine with +3 haste(20 acc)

Pretty sure you are better off aiming for Attack+15 and Accuracy+15 rather than just Accuracy+20. :3
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-28 20:28:41  
In every which way I plug in dual wield compared to one club/shield beats club/club. Even got a new spreadsheet to see if that was correct, and nothing.

Yag with am3/shield /war comes out best

With a maxed Nehushtan behind it

With Onca/Telchine with +3 haste(20 acc), asperity, cessance/brutal/windbuffet +1/Rulucent cape.

Tried many combos in the SS and nothing comes close. Plugging in Shetal, Heartseeker set, even eabani/suppa. Not to mention, even sub nin you won't be able to get much DW since Telchine cannot be augmented with DW

Something is broke in your sheet or your not counting something properly. What club combination are you using because there are some clubs that are for casting only as their DPS is just atrocious?

It's a very simple understanding of how DPS works in this game. A 32% reduction in delay (/nin + DW earrings just for starts) is a 47% increase in melee DPS and an additional hit on any WS up to the limit of eight. TP per hit goes down slightly but TP per second goes up because this games PT mechanics favor lower delay weapons. DW scales like haste, so the most you add the more effective it becomes until you cap out delay.

Now you might be comparing /WAR Berserk + Aggressor vs /NIN which is going to be really situational. But lets be honest here, any situation your meleeing on WHM with a dedicated build, your not fighting particularly high stat mobs.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-28 20:34:01  
Vs CP mobs. Woh Gates Bats. And if you're going to be meleeing, why not /war? Since any other time I'd be sub sch. And that is Mote's SS. Because I thought so too. Can check again
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-28 20:38:17  
Vs CP mobs. Woh Gates Bats. And if you're going to be meleeing, why not /war? Since any other time I'd be sub sch. And that is Mote's SS. Because I thought so too. Can check again

Which CP mobs. Are they DC, T, VT or IT to you as il119.

There is nothing special about WHM that magically enhances single wield over dual wield vs every other job in the game. The only reason a WAR would single wield is because WAR's native fencer + gifts give it +900~1000 TP Bonus which does evil things to Savage, Mistral and Cloud Splitter. Outside of that situation, DW wins every time because of how delay scales in this game. 2H users can get a 10% JA Haste from hasso and that acts as a balance against the speed enhancement from DW.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-28 20:40:56  
Nothing I do makes DW better. Mind you, this is with haste II/March. And I see no glaring mistakes in the SS. Switching between all the new clubs. Trying Yag/Blurred +1, Nehustan x2, Yag/Neh, Neh/Rubi, Neh/Tama oat
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-28 20:43:02  
Nothing I do makes DW better. Mind you, this is with haste II/March.

Doesn't matter for the haste level as it's multiplicative not additive and you won't be reaching the 36% DW needed for capped magic haste.

Your doing something wrong if it's "nothing I can do". Your not even listing where it could be different nor the exact mobs your putting in. What IL are they, whats their evasion, your accuracy, attack and so forth.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-28 20:45:54  
Soundsplitter bats, even trying Kamhir Raaz.

123, 1030 def, and 1010 evasion

In vagary right now, so trying not to derp too bad
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-28 21:05:28  
ItemSet 338496

Is generally what I use(ionis on obviously). Change from Torque to asperity depending on acc
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-28 21:06:21  
123, 1030 def, and 1010 evasion

That's better. As a WHM your going to struggle to get acceptable hit rates on those, check the data tab to see why. What shield / off hand club are you using and do they have accuracy on them? I can see a scenario where your DW setup has an offhand with club skill +228 but no accuracy while your shield has accuracy and aggressor. That would create a situation where your 60% hit rate went even further south. Check in the data tab, there should be a field for raw hit rate on both hands, that should tell you a lot about whats happening.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-10-28 21:19:05  
ItemSet 338496

Is generally what I use(ionis on obviously). Change from Torque to asperity depending on acc

Don't use Level 75 Yagrush! ^_~
Use Item Level 119 Mjollnir! :3

Skjalf needs that new shield. ><
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-28 21:20:12  
With Joachim + sushi don't have any acc issues. Says 95% acc.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-28 21:21:03  
lol did they ever test the new FTP for Randgrith? Thought that was the one ws they didn't fix the FTP on
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-10-28 21:24:15  
lol did they ever test the new FTP for Randgrith? Thought that was the one ws they didn't fix the FTP on

Pretty sure its still best to use Realmrazer or Flash Nova all the time. :3
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-28 21:25:10  
Isn't Hexa way better than Realmrazer? Since they made the FTP carry?
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-10-28 21:28:37  
Isn't Hexa way better than Realmrazer? Since they made the FTP carry?

Hmmmmm... when was that done? During the "buff to useless weapon skills" update or after that? All Skjalf knows is WHM used to do more damage with weapon skills than it does now. lol >.<
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 95 96 97