Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 110 111 112
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-03 11:03:21  
Provoking is a NET LOSS if you're trying to get hate. Provoke gives less enmity than just continuing to DD instead.

How is DRG not optimal for Kin if they do the same amount of damage as WAR (and thus clear just as fast or faster) but have extra insurance against Target?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-03 11:15:13  
DirectX said: »
Questionable. What WS would DRG use to avoid skillchaining if paired with another DRG, or a DRK or WAR also?
DRG can spam Drakesbane or Stardiver when with another DRG, or Stardiver (with the DRK using Insurgency) or Drakesbane (with the DRK using Cross Reaper) when with a DRK. Not sure what WS WAR generally uses on Kin offhand, but I'm sure there's an option there too.

1 ability on a 3min timer in a 4-5min fight if we are talking heavily buffed for something which can come up 3 times isn't that much of a benfit.
You've got 1 ability on a 2 minute timer and 1 ability on a 3 minute timer, and he only uses Target a max of 3 times that you have to deal with. That's plenty, especially if you have 2 DRGs for more enmity sheds than Targets.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-03 11:17:27  
How much time are you saying is lost by using Provoke (assume JA0)?
JA0 doesn't affect how long JAs delay your swings, so you're losing 2 seconds of melee damage and TP gain (for your next big WS) every time you use it.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-03 11:21:58  
Asura.Geriond said: »
JA0 doesn't affect how long JAs delay your swings, so you're losing 2 seconds of melee damage and TP gain (for your next big WS) every time you use it.
A DD would have to turn for 2 seconds to lose hate too, I am still at a loss as to how it is more of an overall DPS loss compared to a DD turning. It's also still presuming a 2DD set up, and people that know what they're doing which is fine if you only ever do things with a set group but not true for everyone or always.
You seem to be confused; the one TRYING to gain hate wouldn't be turning, they'd be DDing as hard as they can (other than saving TP for when barrier drops, of course). The choices are "use JAs for hate" vs "use damage for hate" for the DD that is behind, and DDing gives more enmity while also taking the mob's HP down.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-03 11:25:36  
A DD would have to turn for 2 seconds to lose hate too, I am still at a loss as to how it is more of an overall DPS loss compared to a DD turning. It's also still presuming a 2DD set up, and people that know what they're doing which is fine if you only ever do things with a set group but not true for everyone or always.
You seem to be confused; the one TRYING to gain hate wouldn't be turning, they'd be DDing as hard as they can. The choices are "use JAs for hate" vs "use damage for hate" for the DD that is behind, and DDing gives more enmity while also taking the mob's HP down.
I am not confused.

You have 2 DD (DD1, DD2); DD1 has more hate than the other. In order to swap hate either DD1 turns for 2 seconds to give DD2 hate, or DD2 can use Provoke. Either way, ~2 seconds of DPS are lost. How is either one any better or worse than the other?
You are confused, because those aren't the options.

DD1 turns until DD2 gets hate, AND DD2 continues to damage, because damage gives more enmity than provoke.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-03 11:32:34  
No, it's NOT presuming any period of time for how long it takes. It could take 2 seconds, it could take 30 seconds, provoke is NEVER better than just DDing for a buffed DD (well, barring the enemy being completely invincible or something).

Provoke gives 1 CE and 1800 VE, and takes 2 seconds. In that same two seconds, by instead just continuing to DD, a well-geared and buffed (or even not so well-geared or well-buffed) DD would get much more than 1 CE and 1800 VE.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-03 12:43:13  
I only stop WSing, because with a strong TP scaling WS like Stardiver or Resolution, it's still a net DPS gain to keep attacking and building TP during that time. If you're using a WS that doesn't have good TP scaling, it's better to TP until you hit 1000 and then turn. I do make sure not to use empyrean weapons on Kin, though.

You get enmity still for healed damage, yeah.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-12-03 12:49:05  
If your BRD COR GEO and WHM aren't DDIng along side me and bursting off the Skillchains that I've perfectly timed to go off right when kin uses a TP move then you aren't trying to maximize efficiency enough and I refuse to sully my Magnificent DRG with your weak *** party anyways.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-12-03 12:51:30  
Seriously though, wtf is this debate even? If you're trying to low man for drops, one of the DD should be thf. You can only enter once every 20 hours anyways. Kill speed should be secondary.

If you're not low manning to secure drops, then who gives a ***. Any DD can kill this ***at a rate within the margin of error/luck.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-12-03 13:17:36  
I mean lets say we know hands down what job combination is the absolute most efficient for farming RP and getting the clear. Doesn't matter what it is.

After a few weeks, nobody needs RP anymore and everyone has the clears, so you either have to all change jobs to the specific setup and repeat, or efficient RP farming goes out the window and you're just going on whatever jobs need stuff.

Which is where probably most groups are.

I mean, it's a 60 hour lockout. It's not an efficient or reliable way to make money unless you're selling clears. In which case, you're probably trying to maximize space for buyers, not maximize RP farming or kill speed.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-03 14:26:27  
Provoking is a NET LOSS if you're trying to get hate. Provoke gives less enmity than just continuing to DD instead.

How is DRG not optimal for Kin if they do the same amount of damage as WAR (and thus clear just as fast or faster) but have extra insurance against Target?

Provoke with +enmity gear can be decent, but yes if your within melee range it's almost always better to continue smacking something then to try to use Provoke. The best use for Provoke is when something runs ~away~ from you and thus is out of melee range. Hitting Voke will often generate just enough of an enmity spike to get it back to within melee range where you can smack it more.

Post deleted by User.
By Ozaii 2019-12-03 15:22:09  
Kins cheese with drg just as it is any other dd. Can solo dd kin easily without a tank. I have been doing omen with a couple buddies who are returning and had my buddy who has been helping do either whm and either geo or cor. And usually i just tell him to be ready on his whm to hold it for a second i am about to hate dump target. We have had no issues with kin and takes about 8 to 12 minutes to kill depending on how stupid I get with curing kin. No one dies except the returnees sometimes cuz they are again returnees and sometimes no defense sets. Its an easy fight and in omen the mid boss is scarier depending on which one you get. Luckily some of the returnees have things like 900 skill geos and stuff so some of them can do stuff and help. But some are rocking thfs with no sets. I recomend trying it its fairly easy and you can help others alot with it.

Post deleted by User.
By Ozaii 2019-12-03 16:04:13  
Oh idk i persinally think other than like ms war drg and mnk happen to be a bit stronger than the other dds atm. From what i have seen recently. I guess drks and wars are amazing for non buff situations or low buff situations. Cuz of the atk boosts they get far surpass other dds. Sams win in most ws per minute ratiio. Actually in full buffs mnk sam and drg seem to win. Atm. From what I have done lately. Although i havent done much with drks lately.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-12-05 14:12:17  
Having just made my Shining One, I should be adjusting my weaponskill sets like Stardiver to incorporate critical hits, right? For instance, Hjarrandi Breastplate over Valorous Mail?
By Ozaii 2019-12-05 15:28:06  
Nah drg has a no nat crit bonuses so just build it like normal. However using impulse with shining one should net better results if you shoot the ws at 1750tp or higher with moon shade on.
By Ozaii 2019-12-10 00:20:55  
Alotta the accesories are looking great for drg. Anyones thoughts on the things like the orb +1 vs ginsen and stuff. Or that qa earring if its in the right ear? Im guessing these all beat out thw currwnt slots options.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-10 00:34:58  
Balder Earring +1
Attack+10 Evasion+10 "Store TP"+3 Right ear: "Quadruple Attack"+1%

Thrud Earring
STR+10 VIT+10 Weapon skill damage +3%

Aurgelmir Orb +1
STR+7 DEX+7 VIT+7 Attack+10 "Store TP"+5

All look exceedingly good off the bat.
By Ozaii 2019-12-10 00:35:40  
That drg exclusive ring looks mediocre. Think its goanna rep anything like petrov or such. Or looking just mediocre veik?
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-12-10 01:03:00  
If that wyvern level is like Aram's, it's literally HP+12 iirc. Not worth. Petrov, Niqmaddu, Regal and Chirich +1 are better options.

Yngvi EarringNecklace
DEF:17 Enmity-5 "Regen"+2 Boosts enmity decrease +8

Could have some uses. Maybe not as much for DRG due to high/super jump existing, but still a neat item regardless.

Dead item.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-12-10 01:11:52  
thrud is the only one that has any amount of increase over current options. wouldn't waste gil on the other two
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 110 111 112