Ranger equipment setup
First Page 2 3
 Siren.Eagleeyes
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-08-06 22:45:12  
well this is just a question of others opinions but

I'm making a goal for my ranger's equipment.
Just wanted to see if there's anything else I should try to get

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=18224

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=18564

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=18565

I don't wanna be some "leet" ranger, just want to be well equipped. :\

oh yeah I have a fire staff too as well
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-08-06 22:48:08  
>.>; kinda scared about camping argus too
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-06 22:51:13  
Eagleeyes said:

If you attempt Argus prepare to live in that zone for at least a month. I was there for three weeks and managed to kill him 3 times with no drop.

Never again until TH4 will i go back lol.

Hours and hours for LK to pop instead.

....screw....that.

...as for ranger gear i have no clue sorry :(
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-08-06 22:52:33  
Clinpachi said:
Eagleeyes said:

If you attempt Argus prepare to live in that zone for at least a month. I was there for three weeks and managed to kill him 3 times with no drop.

But I'm a hunter! I gotta hunt! lol
Never again until TH4 will i go back lol.

Hours and hours for LK to pop instead.

....screw....that.

...as for ranger gear i have no clue sorry :(

But I'm a hunter! I gotta hunt!
 Asura.Azreall
サーバ: Asura
user: Cyclos
By Asura.Azreall 2009-08-06 23:00:40  
argus isn't that bad i went nin/rng killed leech king got his drop than argus and got PCA 1/1

I use rutter sabatons for fee, Vulcan staff in main hand, axe grip, k.osode, dusk trousers +1 (still looking for a pair)
 Odin.Karusan
サーバ: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-06 23:01:13  
Eagleeyes said:
well this is just a question of others opinions but

I'm making a goal for my ranger's equipment.
Just wanted to see if there's anything else I should try to get

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=18224

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=18564

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=18565

I don't wanna be some "leet" ranger, just want to be well equipped. :\

oh yeah I have a fire staff too as well

Can you explain your gear choices? I don't want to comment until you give a reason for what you have selected.

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is what situation are you going to use that in? You're very Racc heavy, just wondering why.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-08-06 23:04:56  
Meh no real reason.

"ooo I want that"

while some where

"ill never get that"
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-06 23:05:35  
lol ok gimme a minute

Do you participate in sea/sky/dynamis/einherjar?
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-08-06 23:07:30  
nothing. but i know i will have to sooner or later
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-06 23:30:38  
kk I'll say pieces you'll want to aim for, this is just my opinion so others might think otherwise, the reason I've said these is because of cost comparison to a lot of other things, the majority of it is RA/EX so you have to do things to get it but costs nothing other than time. There are going to be improvements above this, which includes Salvage/ZNM gear and other little bits and pieces.

Weapons: all good
Head: all good (I have STR+4 WsAcc+15 Racc+10 Ratt+5 on mine)
Neck: Hope Torque > Peacock Charm > Rangers Necklace
Earring: Suppa or Bushi with Genin/Drone or triumph, maybe have fenrir earring too
Body: all good (I got PLD body so use Osode instead)
Gloves: SKote/Crimson > Pahluwan
Rings: Rajas and Flame or Jalzhan's
Back: all good
Waist: Relic or Buccaneer's > Precise/Royal Knights+1
Legs: Relic or Pahluwan
Feet: Relic or AF

You'll simply find that you wont need as much Racc as you had. Once you get merits and the WSAcc+15 piece for sidewinder you can easily drop the Racc off in other places. For a lot of things you'll simply be wanting to push for STR.
 Cerberus.Radaghast
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-08-06 23:40:00  
no need for PCC. Ranger neclace is fine till that jagd gorget thingie, then Rat collar at higher lvls. Pcc is nice for lots of jobs.. RNG isn't one of them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-06 23:42:11  
PCC is still an amazing neckpiece for RNG... just not as amazing as it is for other jobs. Racc5 > Ratk5 unless you have capped accuracy, almost always.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-06 23:45:33  
I think the correct answer is that the PCC is awesome for ALL jobs that can utilize it.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-06 23:56:46  
Clinpachi said:
PCC is awesome when you need the extra acc

Fact is you don't always need it. And generally the 2mil price tag isn't worth the 5 RAcc.

Also forgot to mention crimson legs.
 Cerberus.Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-08-07 00:36:46  
Nah, a RNG with proper merits and gear can make up the Racc + in other slots. If you have one already for other jobs, sure, but there are still better neck pieces for RNG than PCC.
 Cerberus.Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-08-07 00:38:04  
Raenryong said:
PCC is still an amazing neckpiece for RNG... just not as amazing as it is for other jobs. Racc5 > Ratk5 unless you have capped accuracy, almost always.

I'll take Qiqirn collar or Hope torque over PCC anyday.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-08-07 00:39:07  
Skadi's Bazubands are also very sexy for ranger WS ^^
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-08-11 22:15:50  
If you want the most accuracy for the neck slot, PCC is it. Also, with BCNM40, and knowing the drop rate of the torques, I'd say PCC is probably easier to get.

Tips for camping Argus for the OP. If you can't dual box (I actually had three boxes going, sadly), definitely want to have wide scan. Walking from LK and back will just be a pain. Not to mention, if he pops in that little cave down the way, you'll know as well. Your field of vision simply won't do. Also, from most of the people that I've talked to about it, they claimed it while it was uncontested. My case was no different. Good luck to you sir.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-11 23:00:16  
Radaghast said:
Raenryong said:

Hope Torque agreed, Qiqirn Collar noooo chance.

Ranged Accuracy+4 Ranged Attack+8 vs Ranged Accuracy+10
Ranged Attack+8 vs Ranged Accuracy+6

Racc6 = 3% hitrate = ~3.3% DoT/WS frequency
Ratk8 = slightly greater than ~1.6% DoT only

Will never win unless your accuracy is already capped... unless it takes you from cRATIO 0.8~1.2 to >1.2 but this is such a niche thing.
 Cerberus.Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-08-12 01:26:40  
Raenryong said:
Radaghast said:
Raenryong said:

Hope Torque agreed, Qiqirn Collar noooo chance.

Ranged Accuracy+4 Ranged Attack+8 vs Ranged Accuracy+10
Ranged Attack+8 vs Ranged Accuracy+6

Racc6 = 3% hitrate = ~3.3% DoT/WS frequency
Ratk8 = slightly greater than ~1.6% DoT only

Will never win unless your accuracy is already capped... unless it takes you from cRATIO 0.8~1.2 to >1.2 but this is such a niche thing.

With the proper merits, and gear you can easily replace 6 Racc elsewhere, and still utilize the Ratt+ from qi collar. I'm not sure what you mean by winning, as I seem to parse just fine with my gear set up... and I'm lolelvaan. However, I use my PCC for all my other jobs TP set... just not RNG. :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [193 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Ixe
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-02-20 20:54:28  
I parse better with Qiqirn Collar than a PCC :3
Although I have yet to attain a Hope Torque

lol Necro
(i was readin up on RNG gear} XD
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-20 21:03:53  
Sylph.Ixe said:

lol Necro

A lot of people would with good enough accuracy. The additional attack would apply more DoT than the accuracy alone, assuming the accuracy difference is superfluous.

However, using a Peacock Charm and more attack or STR in other slots, and you would parse higher using the charm. +10 RACC is not as easy to get on slots, which is why PCC is so good. Whereas RATT is generally easier to get on other slots.

eg. Triumph > Dodge, Bucaneer's > Precise, Amemet +1 > Mamool Ja Mantle, Scout's Socks > Skadi's, etc. That's why PCC is the best choice. You could easily throw in more proportional attack to the accuracy you're losing using a PCC!

In fact, now that I think about it, the only other slot where you get more acc than atk is legs, in the form of dusk (Skadi not considered, since if you have them you should be using them full stop!)
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-20 21:14:31  
Of course you do. A rng can litterally cap acc on birds with just merits and squid sushi or pot au feu and 0 equipment racc.

If I was fully merited and at 75 w/o food with just my snap shot gear, gun, Qiqirn collar and agi set earrings I'd get a 94% hitrate on the higher lvl birds and capped on the lower.

Hell as a 73 rng with only 5 merits I can do it that same gear if blood finger gaunlets and another 6racc from some where. So yeah unless you are fighting something really really evasive chances are for rng QQ colar will win.

You should be able to cap racc going almost all out on dmg most the time in meripo

That acc bonus IV is the ***
 Sylph.Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-02-20 21:19:23  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Sylph.Ixe said:

lol Necro

A lot of people would with good enough accuracy. The additional attack would apply more DoT than the accuracy alone, assuming the accuracy difference is superfluous.

However, using a Peacock Charm and more attack or STR in other slots, and you would parse higher using the charm. 10 RACC is not as easy to get on slots, which is why PCC is so good. Whereas RATT is generally easier to get on other slots.

eg. Triumph > Dodge, Bucaneer's > Precise, Amemet 1 > Mamool Ja Mantle, Scout's Socks > Skadi's, etc. That's why PCC is the best choice. You could easily throw in more proportional attack to the accuracy you're losing using a PCC!

In fact, now that I think about it, the only other slot where you get more acc than atk is legs, in the form of dusk (Skadi not considered, since if you have them you should be using them full stop!)
You suggest Bucaneers over Scouts?
My usual TP set up is - This
WS- This
BUT
I swap Qiqirn sometimes :3
And it does somewhat parse better
But I have rapid shot merits along with archery
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-20 21:25:26  
Buccaneers and scouts are about the same dmg when tp assuming uncappd fstr. Which one will win out is completely dependent on your current fstr and your ratt/mob def.

The str on Buccaneers assuming uncapped fstr will give 1.5-1.9% increase in dmg... hard to judge how much the extra 5ratt on scouts will give
 Sylph.Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-02-20 21:27:56  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Buccaneers and scouts are about the same dmg when tp.
I would say Buc is better for WS tho
Bleh
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-20 21:28:11  
For WS, I'd think the Buccaneer's trumps it, but for TP Scout's is gewd.

Also, you should TP (and maybe WS, the +4 racc and +8 ratk might do better then a missed Sidewinder xP) in the Q_Q Collar.

I'm going to try and Augment mine and see what kind of fail augment I get xD

Ninja Edit: Also, thanks for bumping a RNG topic, now I have a quick question too: Do you guys think a Shigeto Bow +1 will outperform a Selenes? +4 Base damage, consistent +16 RAtk, no +2 STR, no Racc (like I need it) for my RNG, but for Sam/Rng would be pretty neat, plus the delay would make it pretty much 6 hit. I'm going to buy one when there's one on the AH and run some tests of my own, so was just wondering.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-20 21:37:30  
Actually wsing puts thigns more in favor of scouts.

1. You get more from stat mods from scouts Ie 5*.3 > 4* .16.

Even when you account for fstr scouts adds 1.245 to base dmg and bucc adds 2.53.

2. Higher base dmg makes differences in them a smaller percentage.

Assuming a base dmg around 140 which considering your arrow/bow is about 105 that's not to hard that would put bucc only .9% higher base dmg.

Can pretty much garuntee you 5ratt will beat that though I'd need to know your ratt w/o (or the info I need to figure it out) and mob def to get a percise range.

Not to mention the extra racc. And this is all assuming you don't hit fstr2 caps which is highly likely if you cram on str like there is no tomorrow.

Oh it is also assuming bow. Guns are even more favored to scouts with there higher base dmg lower fstr2 caps and lack of str mod on ws and higher agi mod
[+]
 Sylph.Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-02-20 21:52:30  
Ragnarok.Zephyran said:
For WS, I'd think the Buccaneer's trumps it, but for TP Scout's is gewd.

Also, you should TP (and maybe WS, the 4 racc and 8 ratk might do better then a missed Sidewinder xP) in the Q_Q Collar.

I'm going to try and Augment mine and see what kind of fail augment I get xD

Ninja Edit: Also, thanks for bumping a RNG topic, now I have a quick question too: Do you guys think a Shigeto Bow 1 will outperform a Selenes? 4 Base damage, consistent 16 RAtk, no 2 STR, no Racc (like I need it) for my RNG, but for Sam/Rng would be pretty neat, plus the delay would make it pretty much 6 hit. I'm going to buy one when there's one on the AH and run some tests of my own, so was just wondering.
I think Shigeto Bow +1 is better then selenes just for the fact its more 'dependable'
 Sylph.Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-02-20 21:53:21  
@ Das (isnt letting me quote you)
As for the gun I use a Hellfire +1
First Page 2 3