Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-03-05 13:09:09  
These are mine:

TP gear

WS gear

I do have the ACP body (R.Acc. +10 and Snapshot +5) but I'm not a terribly big fan of the thing unless I'm having accuracy problems cause I run out of food lol. Normally always using pot-a-feu.

I've still got some work I want to do on RNG... I'm on stage 4 of my Annihilator, and have most of my bynes for stage 5. I'd also like to get Enkidu's legs, Gnadbhod's helm, and the lv35 piece for my Skadi feet. Gonna also need to grab a Faith Torque as I get closer to finishing my Anni.

Ramuh.Ilvex
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-03-05 13:24:19  
Just wondering how you all think Lleu's Charm stacks up against the other neck options, atm don't have any of the sea torque's but would Qiqirn Collar be a decent upgrade? I have a pcc but find i rarely need it tbh
By Catsby 2010-03-05 14:54:00  
Everyone's gear seems pretty solid. I'm only concerned about Pot-Au-Feu. Everyone says it's great but nobody can direct me to some solid evidence about it's effects. All I can find are recipes and rough tests. Judging by it's synth level it seems like it would cap really low (perhaps lower than sushi and yellow curry).

If it turns out the ratk caps at or around 100 then there's reason enough for me to use it over rabbit pies and red curry buns.If anybody has a link or something to help me I would appreciate it. Thanks

@ Ilvex; I would grab a qiqirn collar but keep the PCC. Never hurts to have it around for mobs that evade a lot like Kirin or Armed Gears (not to mention it's great for a lot of other jobs)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-03-05 15:32:19  
Catsby said:
Everyone's gear seems pretty solid. I'm only concerned about Pot-Au-Feu. Everyone says it's great but nobody can direct me to some solid evidence about it's effects. All I can find are recipes and rough tests. Judging by it's synth level it seems like it would cap really low (perhaps lower than sushi and yellow curry).

If it turns out the ratk caps at or around 100 then there's reason enough for me to use it over rabbit pies and red curry buns.If anybody has a link or something to help me I would appreciate it. Thanks
It gives less RAtk then Yellow Curry [Buns] for sure, so in instances where you hardly or never miss Sidewinder/Slug Shots, use it. But if you miss occasionally, Pot-au-feu is just awesome.

Also, finally got my hands on the Shigeto Bow +1, and after some tests it came out to be 1.03% better in normal Ranged Attacks and Sidewinders Vs Selene's on New Moon.

Also tried augmenting my Fay Gendawa, first try I got +3 STR +13 RAtk and +3% WSDmg (comparable to Selene's). Rerolled it and got +3 Evasion (Lo-freaking-L) and +3 WSAcc. <_< I have 2 more attempts at getting at least +5 STR and +15ish RAtk.
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-03-05 19:51:38  
Working conservatively with rough numbers. With ls mates (who ARE capable at math, and with one yochi owner). Rough stats come down to 20~25+ racc and 25~40+ ratk. Its compared to pizza is it not?? and was put in-game shortly after it??

I've added +'s because its only informed-estimations. With buffs it is possible to push the %'s higher due to only having parses from a x2 min + chaos merit pt @ birds.
I.E.- limited data on the difference in parse acc and ra/ws damage - with and with out pot-au-feu... and Vs curry.. etc etc.. etc.... For sure there is not much more ratk you can stack from buffs...
Everything is so variable, I hate spending time on stuff like this :/
Even through eye balling, I certainly feel more comfortable firing at 100% with pot-au-feu than with curry - @ birds and especially @ mamools - It will still be respectable/comparable to it. Unless I have 2 brds and a cor. In which case, I'm not meriting....

So I'm treating it as default food for now as it seems to give decent atk+ and acc+ for most events I do. My last parse at bird camp, over 2hrs, came back as 95.5% sidewinder acc. (easy to do with lolsushi and correct gear) I can't really argue with those numbers from a food that gives both racc and ratk.
Curry seems more suited to events where you have full support. Pot-au-feu for merits and low man-high lvl mobs. Sushi for thf NMs lol.

I would find it hard to choose between curry and pot-au-feu at kirin given x1 brd + cor support (2 ratk+1racc buff) but would proberbly choose pot-au-feu.

x2brd+cor+curry > all
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-03-07 22:32:48  
was thinking of trying for a 4 hit

/sam. mirke with stp+4. how does this look for capped acc at birds lol. can drop 8 stp on ws.

Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-07 22:55:21  
While that would get you a 4 hit you would have to keep on all but 7 of the stp for your ws. So that means getting to switch out probably hands and feet or maybe hands and body.

As far as capping racc. Kinda depends whats your base agi and what merits you got? Without food with merits you'd cap as long sa your base agi was at least 30. Without merits need at least base 59 agi. With limited gear swaps might be hard to get to slugshot capped acc without seriously gimping your ws set if you don't have merits.
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-03-08 08:40:37  
Have capped marksmanship merits, and I'm Mithra so 75 base Agi. I'll usually use pot-au-feu, to over-shoot acc on tp stage, inorder to stack some acc for slugshot, which is around -40 racc @ 100tp?. from playing around with 5hit ebow, a low number ws is better than a missed one so I'd use the same idea with this set I guess.

rough ws set:

Anwig with Racc+10 WSacc+15 Ratk+5 Str+4
Also plan to Evolith that Hellfire+1 with wsratk+12.
 Carbuncle.Laitha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2010-03-08 12:55:00  
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:
Have capped marksmanship merits, and I'm Mithra so 75 base Agi. I'll usually use pot-au-feu, to over-shoot acc on tp stage, inorder to stack some acc for slugshot, which is around -40 racc @ 100tp?. from playing around with 5hit ebow, a low number ws is better than a missed one so I'd use the same idea with this set I guess. rough ws set: Anwig with Racc 10 WSacc 15 Ratk 5 Str 4 Also plan to Evolith that Hellfire 1 with wsratk 12.

Serriously why the behemoth ring? its just a waste having that much extra rng acc. You are not going to hit every slugshot reguardless of how much rng acc you stack on yourself. Also your a mithra so please use a str ring for your weaponskill.

I hit like a tank and bearly miss my slugs without food on birds and i have a naked gun, so please don't use a rng acc ring unless your miss like 2 to 3 out of every 10 weaponskill or something.
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-03-08 13:30:40  
Genrally I like to aim for highest ws acc possible, where ever I am. With that in mind - I'm lucky enough to know a lvl 100 bonecrafter - and plan to spam hq/nq at fov and hope for a lucky str+3.
Racc+10~11 Str+3 has genrally more use I'd say. Like being usefull at mamools, and lvl85+ mobs.

And this is only a proposed set :) bored for things to do on rng atm. I'm mostly interested as how well this mite do vs 5hit ebow, which does do 95% ws acc. Guess I'm a bit conservative lol.