Ranger equipment setup
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-20 21:57:01  
Sylph.Ixe said:
@ Das (isnt letting me quote you) As for the gun I use a Hellfire+ 1
It's the only gun to use... unless you got relic or something. Did you at least evolith it?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-20 22:04:00  
Selene vs shigeto...

Well that 2 str on tping is basically just 1 more base dmg and ratt.

So on new moon shigeto+1 will have 3 more base dmg but 10 less ratt which means selenes will probably win on dmg.

Any other moon phase shigeto will win.

That is just per shot though. Selenes shoots about 7% faster which means it's dot will win. So need to figure out which one will actually ws more frequently based on delays and Stp and hitrate etc to really answer which one is better. But I'd probably go with whichever one you could get the lowest number of hits for ws on. If they are the same then probably the selene unless it is full moon

Also I beleive you can put +archery ws racc evolith on shigeto.

Ragnarok.Zephyran
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-20 22:37:51  
Going to totally try it then, Lol.
 Sylph.Ixe
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-02-20 23:17:44  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Ixe said:
@ Das (isnt letting me quote you) As for the gun I use a Hellfire 1
It's the only gun to use... unless you got relic or something. Did you at least evolith it?
No evi on it yet :x
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-20 23:23:34  
Sylph.Ixe said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Ixe said:
Damn girl stop slacking and get crackin! I only got 10 so want to try and kill it again for 12
 Sylph.Ixe
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-02-20 23:31:20  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Ixe said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Ixe said:
Damn girl stop slacking and get crackin! I only got 10 so want to try and kill it again for 12
Im lazy >.>;
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-02-21 20:22:46  
It mite take sometime.. But I'd say decent augments on fay bow > both s.bows. It took me 2 bows, 9 attempts, but I came away with Ws damage+5% ratk+14 Str+4, pretty decent bow for 120k.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-23 18:59:09  
Sylph.Ixe said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Ixe said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Ixe said:
Im lazy >.>;

My Hellfire +1 has an epic +9 lightning resist on it. Nice for Ixion, but it means I can't add some evolith. Really pissed off about it, tbh.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-23 19:32:14  
Lol lightning resist. No way I was gunna risk a 1 mil item on augmenting with my luck. At least not until I have alot more gil to throw away. You could always get another one to evolith!!!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-23 19:33:53  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Lol lightning resist. No way I was gunna risk a 1 mil item on augmenting with my luck. At least not until I have alot more gil to throw away. You could always get another one to evolith!!!

I could, but being so near to relic, don't see the point. Btw, when I augmented mine they were only 500k~ on Garuda; it was back before their price boomed. Now they're 1.2m. Not too bothered about the price as at the time I perceived it as an item I'd never sell. Same goes for the ~3m Dusk Legs +1 I got +3 Light on.

I could spam synth NQs for dirt cheap since I have Smithing, but I really cba with anni so close.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-23 19:36:20  
Yeah anni is just to much win. Doubt there is an augment possible that would bring HQ up to anni's lvl.

And as far as NQ...I don't think I've seen an NQ augment that even brings it up to HQ lvl.

Still for those of us without Anni cash flow evolith is pretty nice on it. Though depending on just how close you are and how much you use it it might be worth it to evolith it rq then when you get anni resell.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-23 19:48:19  
3k to go. Yeah, it's definitely a nice gun, Hellfire +1 pwns and if it wasn't for Anni I'd keep it forever. I'm going to hold onto it in the hope that one day they allow us to remove augments.
 Carbuncle.Laitha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2010-02-25 11:12:50  
I am sad none of you mentioned elemental sea gorgets

I TP in Q collar

I WS in Light gorget....well I need to get breeze for various reasons but whatever gorget works for you because there are a few options.

I don't have faith torque yet but I would TP in that over Q collar.

Every good Ranger should have at the minium requirement a maxium RNG ATK setup and a maxium RNG ACC setup. This way depending on various situations you can replace gear slot by slot until you get the desired effect for the mob you happen to be fighting.

for the record

Anni > Ferdinand > hellfire+1

A naked stat ferdinand outperforms hellfire because of the higher base damage from my experiences.

also for fun you should have a fox earring, rose strap, and bull's necklace for campaign battles because wow having a easy 5 hit build with +20 rng atk and +25 STR is just too much fun.
By Catsby 2010-03-02 10:54:48  
I envy you guys that get decent stats on your fay gendawas. I also hope we get some new bows/guns with the content updates this year.

A while ago I decided to experiment with a 6 shot vbow build and like the results.

here's the TP build I use. Ugly as sin I know but it works well.

I change the earrings depending upon the monster

and my WS set

back and rings change depending upon the monster. Still waiting on skadi hands 35 and hachiryu legs to drop.
 Ramuh.Deebs
By Ramuh.Deebs 2010-03-02 11:19:18  
I so rarely /nin it's silly. I see alot of gear sets with Fran/Kriegs, I sold Kriegs and dropped Fran months and months ago, due to having way better results with /sam.

Is there something I'm missing here?
[+]
 Ramuh.Ilvex
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-03-02 11:52:51  
Whats silly is you using Kriegs /sam, get a damn fire staff/axe grip if you gonna do that. you losing about 13 str i think
 Ramuh.Deebs
By Ramuh.Deebs 2010-03-02 12:11:22  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Survival rate?

High. I don't die any more often than any other DD in normal event deaths.

Ramuh.Ilvex said:
Whats silly is you using Kriegs /sam, get a damn fire staff/axe grip if you gonna do that. you losing about 13 str i think

Unless I missed someone else in the thread saying they were using /sam and Kriegs, I don't use Kriegs /sam. That's dumb. In fact if you look at my gear sets I have Vulcan's and Axe in there.
[+]
 Ramuh.Ilvex
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-03-02 12:14:23  
my mistake misread your post
 Carbuncle.Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2010-03-02 15:05:54  
Ramuh.Deebs said:
I so rarely /nin it's silly. I see alot of gear sets with Fran/Kriegs, I sold Kriegs and dropped Fran months and months ago, due to having way better results with /sam. Is there something I'm missing here?

I guess it just depends on what you are doing because sometimes nasty AOEs get absorbed by shadows so /nin is better than /war or /sam. Honestly after spending all that time leveling sam to 37 so i could sub it on RNG left me not impressed with the results for rng/sam. I guess /sam would be better for bow because of maybe tp setups need the extra store tp but gun rng can get away with a 5 hit build /war.

Anyways once they raise the level cap alot of that stuff will change so i don't think its maters much.
By Catsby 2010-03-02 15:07:33  
As /sam I get my *** kicked after the first sidewinder or barrage. With /nin I can buy some time for the other DD to get the mob off me.

basically /nin allows me to cut lose with little or no consequence. I completely understand the benefits of /sam but it's far too dangerous for my play style. I mash my /ra to 100 tp and WS the moment I reach it.
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-03-02 16:49:44  
Quote:
As /sam I get my *** kicked after the first sidewinder or barrage. With /nin I can buy some time for the other DD to get the mob off me.

basically /nin allows me to cut lose with little or no consequence. I completely understand the benefits of /sam but it's far too dangerous for my play style. I mash my /ra to 100 tp and WS the moment I reach it.

In a meripo, most of us do spam shots and fire off slugwinder at 100 tp, usually though, the mob is too dead to be hurting us. and if not, thats what seigan and third eye are for.
By Catsby 2010-03-02 18:42:36  
maybe within the FFXIAH rng community but on Titan most rng sit on TP and let blm and sam do all the work. :/
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-03-02 19:13:55  
Odin.Karusan said:
kk I'll say pieces you'll want to aim for, this is just my opinion so others might think otherwise, the reason I've said these is because of cost comparison to a lot of other things, the majority of it is RA/EX so you have to do things to get it but costs nothing other than time. There are going to be improvements above this, which includes Salvage/ZNM gear and other little bits and pieces.

Weapons: all good
Head: all good (I have STR 4 WsAcc 15 Racc 10 Ratt 5 on mine)
Neck: Hope Torque > Peacock Charm > Rangers Necklace
Earring: Suppa or Bushi with Genin/Drone or triumph, maybe have fenrir earring too
Body: all good (I got PLD body so use Osode instead)
Gloves: SKote/Crimson > Pahluwan
Rings: Rajas and Flame or Jalzhan's
Back: all good
Waist: Relic or Buccaneer's > Precise/Royal Knights 1
Legs: Relic or Pahluwan
Feet: Relic or AF

You'll simply find that you wont need as much Racc as you had. Once you get merits and the WSAcc 15 piece for sidewinder you can easily drop the Racc off in other places. For a lot of things you'll simply be wanting to push for STR.

idk imo I think barbarossa mouffles before the Pahluwan hands...but thats just me.
 Carbuncle.Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2010-03-03 14:43:07  
Bismarck.Aryden said:
Quote:
As /sam I get my *** kicked after the first sidewinder or barrage. With /nin I can buy some time for the other DD to get the mob off me. basically /nin allows me to cut lose with little or no consequence. I completely understand the benefits of /sam but it's far too dangerous for my play style. I mash my /ra to 100 tp and WS the moment I reach it.
In a meripo, most of us do spam shots and fire off slugwinder at 100 tp, usually though, the mob is too dead to be hurting us. and if not, thats what seigan and third eye are for.

The reason I prefer /war over /sam is that in a majority of endgame events when i go up aganist the "boss" mob I prefer to have the damage spike from warcry and beserk.

Meriting on RNG is a waste of gil in my opinion unless you have a relic or you need to increase your buffer.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-03 21:25:22  
I see Catsby trying to go for a certain X-Hit build. I had a similar idea. Using Rose Strap here though. So, I got a couple builds that I'd like input on from you rangers. first i hope my STP calculations are correct. I just used ffxi calc. i'm not sure if ranged weapons work the same as non ranged weapons for tp gain or not. If not, I'll have to rethink these.

This is a 7-hit RNG/SAM Obow build

This is a 6-hit RNG/NIN Selene's Bow build

These are for a friend. Salade and Wardecors have no STP. Looking to help him improve his current set-ups. RNG/SAM pretty much has an auto 6-hit Selene's. A RNG/SAM 5-hit Selene's looks like it requires Skadi's Legs, and I'm thinking we'll look into that once we get those.

Any input appreciated. Thank you,

~G

EDIT: forgot to mention what the augs are. snapshot and rattk on mirke. snapshot and str/wsacc+15 on anwig.
By Catsby 2010-03-03 22:00:47  
I've seen all sorts of crazy combinations. The important thing to consider is your WS set since people love to horde STR on all slots. If you aren't careful you might end up a point or two shy of 100tp because you forgot you swapped out of all the STP stuff.
 Carbuncle.Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2010-03-04 06:26:22  

This is what i was aiming for gear wise before the annoucement of lvl 99.

Well those earring with the agi+8 are alright if you like camping the NMs for days and days and days but i would prefer to spend that time doing ACP 7 for a decent STR+ RNG ATK+ earring.

The relic gun of course isn't what would be in your typical setup but you don't have to put STP on your body with that setup for the delay of that gun or hellfire.

I honestly wouldn't be thinking too much about this until we get further direction from SE on these major game changes. The level cap will be increased in 3 months so personally I will be leveling up my subjobs to 50 in my spare time.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-04 14:36:09  
Oh I didn't even think about that Catsby. Well maybe it's not the best idea. My friend also pointed out he sometimes doesn't slug/side til 120/150 tp depending on the evasiveness of the target.

"Well those earring with the agi+8 are alright if you like camping the NMs for days and days and days but i would prefer to spend that time doing ACP 7 for a decent STR+ RNG ATK+ earring."

apples and oranges. not only do both pieces serve a different function. (tp vs ws.) but one can be solo'd and the other requires a team. both require luck... but in a different way. i'd say you would get altdorf/wilhelm far before you'd get a str/rattk ear from ACP. i could be wrong. i often am.

"I honestly wouldn't be thinking too much about this until we get further direction from SE on these major game changes. The level cap will be increased in 3 months so personally I will be leveling up my subjobs to 50 in my spare time."

I agree, but we're going to use these jobs to level as well. It's still worth it to be the best you can be at 75.

Gilgamesh.Kamara
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-03-05 11:54:50  
This set returns 19tp in WS gear. And gives MORE than 20% per shot in tp gear (around 20.5%, give or take ~0.2%)
So it goes something like this 19% > 40% > 61% > 81% > 102% > 19% > 40%.. etc etc

With max merits and pot-au-feu it'll usually come in around 95% ws.acc @ bird camp, with 2.2k being an average sidewinder when properly buffed. I Haven't parsed it at mamools yet. But I am certianly over bird camp acc requirements.

lol at the rings swapping fingers :/

5 hit /sam TP:
Mirke: STP+4 Subtle Blow+4 Snapshot+5

5 hit /sam WS:
Salade: Str+4 Ratk+5 Racc+10 Ws.acc+15

(0/3 on barbut bcnm + waiting on skadi hands 35 to drop. After I get those 2 items, I think my 5hit is perfected :p. I've worked quite hard for the last year(ish), finding a viable and potent 5hit E.bow, and almost finished it now ^^)

Some tips for getting 100% that bit sooner, and landing it! (cus anything below 95%acc is gimmmp) -

POT-AU-FEU!

(When available.) Use Marid Arrows with >>120<< delay. I cant say I notice the +30delay over demon/kabura on any part of the /ra sequence. Increased tp return ftw.

Martial bow! (with a lucky str+2~5 fov augment) is like firing 200% sidewinders. It also has the same delay as S.bow. So no change to ur stp set up there! << with curry it has around the same ws acc as ebow in my current set up. though lower numbers.

Shigeto(+1) can have some nice Evoliths added to it (wsacc+) and is easy to 5/6hit. Especially with 120 delay ammo.

MMM supposedly drops belts with snapshot+2 on... 0/20 though...

I'm sure theres more lol