Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 153 154 155
 Valefor.Grenseal
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Grenseal
By Valefor.Grenseal 2021-08-03 16:02:07  
Asura.Yoshimuru said: »
Hi all
I just came back to the game after many years of break

where can I find up-to-date SAM Sets? :)

Thx!

This one from Bippin looks up to date.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Samurai_Guide
[+]
By Aquapenguin 2021-08-10 23:15:11  
For those that have the mythic, what are your thoughts of it? Where's it good, bad, or just plain fun to use?
By eeternal 2021-08-11 00:10:04  
Only good for Jinpu, and you can get capped damage without it with the right buffs, really focus on other mythics.
[+]
 Bahamut.Valafar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Valafar
By Bahamut.Valafar 2021-08-11 02:11:11  
Aquapenguin said: »
For those that have the mythic, what are your thoughts of it? Where's it good, bad, or just plain fun to use?

I love it, but I wouldn't recommend making one unless, like for myself, it was a personal goal to finish. Or unless you have gil to burn and want a beautiful lockstyle weapon, and/or a completed REMA set for your favourite job.

Honestly, I struggle to think of a situation where it shines anymore compared to the other weapon options. What made the mythic staggeringly good once - the double/triple attack - is now severely devalued thanks to the proliferation of DA/TA+ stats on equipment and a game that rewards being so heavily buffed. Because mythic aftermath has a lower multi-attack priority than stats from equipment, you miss out on the full benefit of those aftermath triple attacks. More info here on multi-attacks and aftermath/OAT from Sylow's old but relevant thread. You can work out there how much equipment 'interferes' with mythic aftermath.

Coupled with the fact that other competitive weapons have other advantages - higher base damage, Masamune's bonus to Fudo, or Doji's Radiance etc. - that Koga lacks, mythic unfortunately falls behind. The increased multi-hits/TP gain from Koga aftermath, while nice, isn't a huge benefit in an environment where everyone else (thanks to equipment and buffs) is still WS'ing pretty much just as frequently, and hitting equal or higher numbers to boot. When you also account for needing to use Rana to get aftermath as well, compared to Fudo (or Shoha), you can see where the damage numbers are dropping.

To get the most out of Koga you need to be constantly engaged, making use of the full aftermath timer and in a position where you can self-skillchain endlessly. Even if you're solo, undergeared, and underbuffed, you'll pretty much always be able to self-SC under aftermath. The caveat is that doing the same thing with Doji to use Radiance will probably be "better". And spamming Fudo with an R15 Masamune is "better" still, and works in a group environment where everyone is spamming WS's.

But it is fun to use whenever you can use it. It makes samurai more fun to play than just mashing a Fudo macro. The tedious CP grind to mastery becomes a breeze because it's fun to fight and skillchain with.

I found it's also fun to use in the Tenzen HTBF, because everything he does can be chewed up with your super third-eye. Silly bloke has got nothing on a Koga user.

With all that said, though, it is still a decent weapon. There's nothing you can do with other weapons that a Koga can't also be used for, just with a little less fanfare. We like to talk in threads like this about how some options utterly destroy others, but the reality is you're usually looking at a few % difference in a parse, at most, which is dwarfed more by the user's attention span and playstyle than the actual equipment choice. Koga is no longer the best of the best of weapons -- but it's among them, somewhere.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
サーバ: Asura
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-08-11 02:50:31  
Koga is an absolute monster on anything that can be Jinpu'd like stated above, that stays a live for a semi respectable amount of time too. The main benefit of Koga these days is W3 Boss, where you will be regularly spamming 99k Jinpu's with the right gear. However you can also do this with Masa/Doji too so the only benefit is the "tp gain" you get over those others which in todays game is not that much better due to the amount double/triple attack on gear and store tp.

Overall I don't regret making it, but if you don't have a Masa/Doji or have other jobs whose mythics are 10x better (Corsair/Paladin/Bard) then prioritise these first if you want usefulness, if you want to make one for fun then just do it anyway
[+]
By Aquapenguin 2021-08-11 10:48:06  
Thanks for the input. I recently just made it because I'm gearing sam and like to play around with all situations on the jobs I gear so I like to usually have the full REMA set, or most of it.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-13 04:29:32  
Did some small testing, only buffs were BoG iFrailty, using mostly BGWikis guide for Jinpu set w/ R15 Masa. Nyame capped out.
Edit: Just realised it was Lights Day so could skew Koki dmg abit

[+]
 Asura.Asalith
user: Smegpot
By Asura.Asalith 2021-09-09 11:19:41  
Has anyone got a list of Jinpu targets in OdyC?

I have: bats, bugards, ziz and marids so far but I'm sure there are a lot more.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-10-04 01:00:30  
eeternal said: »
with the introduction of Nyame, has SAM Hybrid set changed? or is it the same combination of Wakido +3 / Ken +1 (one posted last 4-5 pages)

I've been using two different sets since I went with path B on all my Nyame gear.

PDT set (I use this in Odyssey or any content where the mob will always be hitting me):
Code
    ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
    head={ name="Mpaca's Cap", augments={'Path: A',}},
    body="Wakido Domaru +3",
    hands="Wakido Kote +3",
    legs={ name="Mpaca's Hose", augments={'Path: A',}},
    feet="Mpaca's Boots",
    neck={ name="Sam. Nodowa +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    left_ear="Telos Earring",
    right_ear="Dedition Earring",
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Defending Ring",
    back={ name="Smertrios's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','"Store TP"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},

Magic evasion set (I use this one most of the time in endgame unless I pull hate/expect a big move coming, then just toggle to previous one):
Code
    ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
    head="Ken. Jinpachi +1",
    body="Ken. Samue +1",
    hands="Wakido Kote +3",
    legs="Ken. Hakama +1",
    feet="Ken. Sune-Ate +1",
    neck={ name="Sam. Nodowa +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    left_ear="Telos Earring",
    right_ear="Dedition Earring",
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
    back={ name="Smertrios's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','"Store TP"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
By Mrgrim 2021-10-04 11:58:18  
Asura.Asalith said: »
Has anyone got a list of Jinpu targets in OdyC?

I have: bats, bugards, ziz and marids so far but I'm sure there are a lot more.

Rams, sheeps, coeurls and rabbits take very good dmg from jinpu also. You can reach 99k dmg easily on bombs using Kagero. Then againthese numbers are reachable with 5/5 r20 nyame along bis acccesories.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-10-06 05:27:08  
Has anyone tried koki on undead with capped banish on?

Wyverns and Lotanu are also weak to jinpu, was able to 99k quite easily
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-06 10:20:33  
starting a rough list here. Will add more as I test and get feedback.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-10-06 15:34:42  
Asura.Aburaage said: »
Has anyone tried koki on undead with capped banish on?

Wyverns and Lotanu are also weak to jinpu, was able to 99k quite easily

Do you use MAB buffs, or just standard melee stuff?
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-10-06 16:56:49  
Standard melee buff, w/ r20 nyame like mrgrim said. Tried with both masa and doji, they both can do it.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-10-06 20:12:43  
Skeleton weak to kagero(banish), susceptible to koki
Puks weak to kagero
Treant susceptible to jinpu
Saplings susceptible to jinpu
Tigers susceptible to jinpu
Collibri susceptible to kagero, impulse drive still better
Ghost X
Bees X
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-10-07 00:52:10  
Asura.Aburaage said: »
Skeleton weak to kagero(banish), susceptible to koki
Puks weak to kagero
Treant susceptible to jinpu
Saplings susceptible to jinpu
Tigers susceptible to jinpu
Collibri susceptible to kagero, impulse drive still better
Ghost X
Bees X

When you say susceptible, what kind of numbers were they doing?
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-10-07 11:15:58  
55k-65k at 2k-3k tp just slightly above fudo
[+]
 Valefor.Grenseal
サーバ: Valefor
user: Grenseal
By Valefor.Grenseal 2021-10-12 19:53:31  
Qutrub seems weak to Kagero ~81k-99k at 1500TP.. but then again they take massive damage anyways.

Rams seem to cap out damage at 2000TP everytime with Jinpu.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Stifler
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Stifler 2021-11-24 01:19:27  
Which GK do you guys think is the best overall for hybrid WS now? I have 5/5 Nyame R20 path B, so the set is pretty solid. I was messing around with my R15 Masa and R0 Doji, and it seemed like Doji was a lot more consistent with damage and didn't have to hold TP as long to hit huge numbers on apex mobs, especially when under buffed. I'm just curious if I should dump detritus in Doji or even is the mythic worth making?
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-11-24 03:33:20  
For Apex Mobs, I am not sure it matters, Doji pulls ahead most likely as it has the TP bonus on it.

For everything else I have been using Masa for it on everything bar Wave 3 boss, which I switch out to Koga on. It mainly hits 99k on the things i'd expect it too. I guess you can WS earlier with Doji, though since Jinpu is a thing I have been using the "zanhasso" tp set more since there is minimal risk I am going to pull aggro. Also any time you can't Jinpu you are needing to lose whatever TP you have and switch weapon.

Also don't under estimate the power of AM3 in things like Odyssey from Masa.
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-11-24 10:03:18  
By gaging my Fudos via Kentucky windage (capped pDif), R15 Doji is doing about 30k on 1k tp, 43k on 2k and 51k on 3k. R15 Masa is doing about 35k, 47k, 57k for 1k/2k/3k tp. That’s a super generalization of damage, the math whizzes here can debunk whatever. At this point you would have to parse and see if ws’ing sooner with less damage will pull doji ahead. Also can’t forget masa’s white damage. My guess is Masa wins or else Doji would be meta.

Doji shines like a mofo with jinpu and multi steps. Apex idlers die in one 4 step with masa or Doji unless a hit whiffs somewhere. (All scenarios are with near max boofs)
 Sylph.Stifler
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Stifler 2021-11-24 10:10:11  
Yeah, I definitely think R15 Masa comfortably comes out ahead of any other option for physical damage. I guess I was just looking for a reason to make Koga haha, but it seems like Masa and Doji can do just as good damage with Jinpu, especially with tp overflow and SAM roll.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-11-24 10:49:24  
Koga is great for Dynamis Wave 3 boss

Doji is great for hybrid in odyssey
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-11-25 16:38:02  
Due to how Hybrids are calculated the TP Bonus on Doji is a massive increase in damage, somewhere along the lines of a ~50 increase. If spamming Fudo then R15 Masa easily wins. If doing self SC's, then I'd think Doji due to easy 3~4 step Radiance but guess it's content dependent.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-12-04 12:08:57  
If Nyame still has zero augments on it for Path B, is valorous hands/feet still better? I'm assuming yes
By kasnuaku 2021-12-04 13:04:54  
Yeah, it doesn't change to nyame path b again till you get to like rank15 and above.
 Odin.Wikitaru
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Wikitaru 2021-12-08 05:42:40  
Is kentatsuba set still needed when Mpaca is caped?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-12-08 10:20:15  
I still use all of Kentatsuba set with Mpaca R20.
Body/legs etc for some MEVA engaged set.
Head for high ACC sets
Everything for some midshot stuff (High RACC needed)
By SimonSes 2021-12-08 10:35:57  
Asura.Bippin said: »
I still use all of Kentatsuba set with Mpaca R20.
Body/legs etc for some MEVA engaged set.
Head for high ACC sets
Everything for some midshot stuff (High RACC needed)

Also for Subtle Blow sets.
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 153 154 155