フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » [dev1151] Job Adjustments: Rune Fencer
[dev1151] Job Adjustments: Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Eddea
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Eddea
By Bahamut.Eddea 2013-06-12 21:52:57  

-lunge acc? why not lunge MAB?Or Lunge recast - ?
-Rune Enchantment Effect: only +2 per merit? The same as WHM barspell merit? this should be 5 per merit at least
-Pflug Effect? Maybe, this sounds intresting
-Gambit Recast? Good, nukers will love it!
-Vallation Effect: (WOOT!? vallation? why not Valiance? WTF SE!!!)

-Job Trait: Inspire?????( PLEASE! valiance and vallation are job abilits! not spells!!!)
-Job Trait: Sword Sleight (desperate blows should me better)
-Job Ability: Battuta( <3 <3 <3 <3)
-Job Ability: Rake(Gambit II? No thanks, I'd rather Lunge II...
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-06-12 22:11:24  
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
These merits are kind of disappointing.

GEO was pretty terribad too depending no how much HP/MP you get back for blowing up your biodome
By Enuyasha 2013-06-12 22:14:40  
Bahamut.Eddea said: »

-lunge acc? why not lunge MAB?Or Lunge recast - ?(Would become *** broken)
-Rune Enchantment Effect: only +2 per merit? The same as WHM barspell merit? this should be 5 per merit at least (they already give you +162 with x3 of the same element)
-Pflug Effect? Maybe, this sounds intresting (Maybe)
-Gambit Recast? Good, nukers will love it! (Awesome people will love it better for Lunge damage)
-Vallation Effect: (WOOT!? vallation? why not Valiance? WTF SE!!!)(Because a magic tank wouldnt like to have more reduced magic damage)

-Job Trait: Inspire?????( PLEASE! valiance and vallation are job abilits! not spells!!!)(But Flash,Foil,Stoneskin,Regen IV,and other useful spells i cant remember are [This ability is the merit equivalent of Rampart,it adds 10% Fast Cast/merit when that ability is used.])
-Job Trait: Sword Sleight (desperate blows should me better)(I agree, this was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE...)
-Job Ability: Battuta( <3 <3 <3 <3)(BEST ***...EVER!)
-Job Ability: Rake(Gambit II? No thanks, I'd rather Lunge II...)(Lowers resists,which is good for higher tier content that you wont be able to just Gambit->Lunge for 8K...also, if it you can get runes up before gambit wears it'd be GREAT for Lunge damage in general)
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-06-12 22:52:10  
Reducing Lunge recast or adding MAB would hardly be broken.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eddea
By Bahamut.Eddea 2013-06-13 00:47:36  
Hum... Ive read the info again,

2 resist x 5 per merit x 3 runes would be very nice :D

But for me, they should have enchanced "one for all" and "valiance" :S
By Enuyasha 2013-06-13 01:53:32  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Reducing Lunge recast or adding MAB would hardly be broken.
meh, i'd like to do a full reso with a 3 minute ability...and then a full reso right after that :<
By Lyncath 2013-06-13 02:06:36  
A merit ability or trait which enhances DPS would have been welcome...
Subtle Blow? What the heck?

Make it so Rune Enhancement damage rises during Swordplay, Subtle Blow is just pointless.
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-13 02:08:48  
adding even +50 MAB onto Lunge wouldn't break it. Lunge does like 2k damage (More with Gambit but I don't know where the hell you are getting 8k from unless you're in Abyssea, and nobody cares what you're doing in Abyssea)- it's often not even worth the 8 seconds you would need to put up 3 runes + use Lunge depending on where your haste is at.

The same as WHM barspell merit? this should be 5 per merit at least

It's worse than the WHM one, the WHM one gives magic defense and this gives resistance. +30 resistance with 3 runes is a decent amount, but when's the last time anyone stacked resistance? If RUN was a functional tank I'd probably favor Vallation merits.

Battuta is basically the only standout merit and its duration is too short. Inspire is okay if I want to spam stoneskin or something I guess?

Lyncath said: »
Make it so Rune Enhancement damage rises during Swordplay, Subtle Blow is just pointless.

Duration or recast would've been ideal, swordplay's biggest problem is that it lasts too short.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eddea
By Bahamut.Eddea 2013-06-13 09:02:26  
"(More with Gambit but I don't know where the hell you are getting 8k from unless you're in Abyssea, and nobody cares what you're doing in Abyssea)" -ROFL!!!
By Enuyasha 2013-06-13 18:43:24  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
adding even +50 MAB onto Lunge wouldn't break it. Lunge does like 2k damage (More with Gambit but I don't know where the hell you are getting 8k from unless you're in Abyssea, and nobody cares what you're doing in Abyssea)- it's often not even worth the 8 seconds you would need to put up 3 runes + use Lunge depending on where your haste is at.

The same as WHM barspell merit? this should be 5 per merit at least

It's worse than the WHM one, the WHM one gives magic defense and this gives resistance. +30 resistance with 3 runes is a decent amount, but when's the last time anyone stacked resistance? If RUN was a functional tank I'd probably favor Vallation merits.

Battuta is basically the only standout merit and its duration is too short. Inspire is okay if I want to spam stoneskin or something I guess?

Lyncath said: »

Duration or recast would've been ideal, swordplay's biggest problem is that it lasts too short.
400 skill or more + merits + gear + MAB should be giving you 4K-5K outside. MB gives you alot if you do the whole SC and MB yourself thing (specially if you are using "Enhances Magic burst damage" gear).

10 seconds/rune Gambit lasts 40 seconds. Inspire will be for Flash,Foil,Stoneskin,Aquaveil,and Regen IV im guessing...but lol using Stoneskin and Regen IV on a tank job :<

Batutta is the only definite 5/5 in that category, and the rise in parry rate for a parry dependent phys weak job is great no matter the duration.
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-06-13 19:08:33  
as expected GEO will be the jewel of the 2 jobs.
By Enuyasha 2013-06-13 19:49:11  
Leviathan.Syagin said: »
as expected GEO will be the jewel of the 2 jobs.
Well, what do you expect when everyone wanted RUN to be an uber DD job and GEO is an outright ready out the box party buffer/enfeebler.
By darthmaull 2013-06-13 21:11:46  
If 5/5 Inspire gives 50% spell casting for all casting, /nin maybe the new tanking sub for RUN. Getting shadows up 50% faster along with 50% faster stoneskin and regenIV should make damage mitigation alot easier.
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-06-13 21:26:35  
Was hoping they would do something with swordplay with merit, but guess not. That's really RUN's only signature melee JA.
By Enuyasha 2013-06-13 22:14:12  
darthmaull said: »
If 5/5 Inspire gives 50% spell casting for all casting, /nin maybe the new tanking sub for RUN. Getting shadows up 50% faster along with 50% faster stoneskin and regenIV should make damage mitigation alot easier.
everything has AoEs.....why would you try to blink tank... /war (Provoke,Defender,Defense Bonus,Attack Bonus,Double Attack),/PLD(Sentinel,...other stuff?) would be far better subs for just tanking. /sam might even be better just for the fast cast canceling out hasso very 3 minutes to pump out more hate from damage and abilities.
By darthmaull 2013-06-13 22:50:24  
It wouldn't be the same blink tanking. You can take the magical damage so that is not an issue. You wouldn't need to have the shadows up all the time. Besides with Stoneskin underneath your shadows, you will take less damage then /war or /pld. Besides I don't know if you have tried /war and tanked but it doesn't work too well. And once you pop Defender, your damage really takes a dump.
By Enuyasha 2013-06-13 22:58:48  
It wouldn't be the same blink tanking. You can take the magical damage so that is not an issue. You wouldn't need to have the shadows up all the time. Besides with Stoneskin underneath your shadows, you will take less damage then /war or /pld. Besides I don't know if you have tried /war and tanked but it doesn't work too well. And once you pop Defender, your damage really takes a dump.
as if all AoE damage is magical right? The point being: theres too many losses for it to be a viable sub and theres too few situations for it to be really useful, You can gear around defender -atk while gaining base attack bonus,and a base DA rate for all the DA/QA/TA gear you get and then getting more hate from JA spam and WS frequency. /PLD would compensate for the physical downsides of the job aswell as give it other useful traits for defensive play.
By darthmaull 2013-06-13 23:29:25  
I can tell that you have not tried to tank anything over T from what you have said. You cant "tank" in alot of DA/QA/TA gear. You will take too much physical damage. DD that is another story. /pld is even worst. Subs Ive tried are /dnc, /war, /pld, /sch, /blu, /nin and /rdm. For being able to even somewhat survive while "tanking" only /nin, /dnc and /sch have been doable. /war you take too much damage and cant cure yourself sufficiently. Same for /pld. /blu is fun but you run out of mp too quickly. /rdm feels like i'm more of a caster then a "tank". /sch is ok but /dnc and /nin just work better. I personally prefer /dnc due to the easy cures and the ability to get rid of enfeebles and stun.
By Enuyasha 2013-06-14 00:10:04  
I can tell that you have not tried to tank anything over T from what you have said. You cant "tank" in alot of DA/QA/TA gear. You will take too much physical damage. DD that is another story. /pld is even worst. Subs Ive tried are /dnc, /war, /pld, /sch, /blu, /nin and /rdm. For being able to even somewhat survive while "tanking" only /nin, /dnc and /sch have been doable. /war you take too much damage and cant cure yourself sufficiently. Same for /pld. /blu is fun but you run out of mp too quickly. /rdm feels like i'm more of a caster then a "tank". /sch is ok but /dnc and /nin just work better. I personally prefer /dnc due to the easy cures and the ability to get rid of enfeebles and stun.
Bad.

Heres the thing about RUN, its weak physically so if you're going /war you NEED a PDT set and competent healers/Regen V. if you really want to "Tank" you need to do as the job is intended, which means to deal damage and use the abilities. Also, dont go thinking you can tank a MNK because you cant. /WAR provides base DA for a hybrid QA/TA/DA and PDT- set(aswell as a mix of defensive AND offensive traits) while /PLD allows you to go full turtle and gain defensive buffs. If you are going to be an idiot and only go for self cures as basis for "its a viable tank sub" then actually look at how the job tanks and notice that those arent going to be the way it works. Damage,Surviveability against one type,and using gear to counter the weakness to the other type and then use a sub that decreases the physical damage taken while increasing your enmity generation. /RDM would be great for a tanking sub if your cures werent neutered for hate because of all the HP and healing skill/potency RUN gets,the tradeoff being it is *** for MP.

Once the parrying ability comes out you wont want shadows anyway,because you wont need them (even though you DO NOT need them anyway) cause youll be able to stack parry high enough to parry most physical hits.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-06-14 00:34:10  
Ragnarok.Returner said: »
Was hoping they would do something with swordplay with merit, but guess not. That's really RUN's only signature melee JA.
Never know whats on the AF~
By Enuyasha 2013-06-14 00:49:00  
Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
Ragnarok.Returner said: »
Never know whats on the AF~
Never know whats on the relic+2 augments!
 Asura.Rekin
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2013-06-14 01:16:33  
Probably not going to happen if they do af at content level 105. Its less work for them which means most likely that is how its going to be.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-06-14 01:59:05  
If they do augments in the near future it would most likely be done at the inventor's coalition.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-14 03:43:48  
Enuyasha, I don't think you understand the concept of tanking that well. Let's take a look at paladin, do you know what its role is nowadays?
- Supertank NM in delve farm - which means stand in a corner doing absolutely nothing.
- Pull the boss - which means train everything and die happily while others fight the boss.
- Tank with rangers - only happens because rangers generates very little enmity.
What it doesn't do is tank with melees, and you know why? Cause it can't do damage. Suggesting that run should sub war with defender or paladin and go full turtle(mind you, this job being on light armor can't even do a capped hybrid)kills the concept of tanking. That's just surviving, and it also doesn't happen without someone supporting. But you know, if you don't kill things, eventually they kill you.

I've been thinking for a while that maybe nin is the sub they intended us to go with since it also matches well with high evasion and parry rate. Really need Swordplay to be up more though, I don't say fulltime(wouldn't mind it..)but yeah, definetely more.
By Enuyasha 2013-06-14 03:55:10  
Quote:
- Supertank NM in delve farm - which means stand in a corner doing absolutely nothing.
- Pull the boss - which means train everything and die happily while others fight the boss.
- Tank with rangers - only happens because rangers generates very little enmity.
What it doesn't do is tank with melees, and you know why? Cause it can't do damage. Suggesting that run should sub war with defender or paladin and go full turtle(mind you, this job being on light armor can't even do a capped hybrid)kills the concept of tanking. That's just surviving, and it also doesn't happen without someone supporting. But you know, if you don't kill things, eventually they kill you.

-A good Delve run going towards killing the NM will have the PLD supertanking NMs until the NMs are widdled down to one,then the PLD can face tank it and hold hate as any other fight.
-There should be another way than train and die. Sleeping the adds is possible and then eliminating them is an option (if you have time).
-Tanking with Rangers happens because they plant enmity with Decoy Shot to assist the PLD in tanking the mob so they dont rip with that one WS or whatever they did under decoy.
-Damage is not the only form of hate generation,SE put a fix to most of PLD's enmity generation. It is the playerbase who refuses to revert back to havign a PLD face tank a mob and let the DD's do their job.
-You can put together a decent light hybrid set geared just mainly for PDT. RUN gets a variety of DT- and PDT- peices. I will agree that it lacks a variet of haste and DT- option,but the options themselves are NOT unobtainable in any way.
-PLD may be capable of taking lots of damage and supporting itself, but it is even better with support. RUN, like any job just requires more of a support base and capable ones at that.
-You dont have to kill things, you just have to make sure that you are the one putting out damage to the mobs face enough that your DD's are doing damage consistently enough to kill it for you.
-You also assume that im saying RUN will be tanking everything, it wont it has a specialty that it has an advantage over and it needs to be geared for the area that it does not have an immunity/resistance to.

Lets face it, it isnt the DD everyone was fapping over in the pictures as it unleashed resolution. However, it is NOT a useless job and it CAN do what it is purposed to do if you put effort into it and dont just write it off.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-14 04:05:51  
Enuyasha said: »
PLD can face tank it and hold hate as any other fight
It is the playerbase who refuses to revert back to havign a PLD face tank a mob and let the DD's do their job.
No. Pld will hold hate for a whole 30 seconds with proper dds whacking the enemy. Not much has changed.

You can put together a decent light hybrid set geared just mainly for PDT. RUN gets a variety of DT- and PDT- peices. I will agree that it lacks a variet of haste and DT- option,but the options themselves are NOT unobtainable in any way.
This makes no sense. The point of hybrid is to be able to be turtled and still do decent damage. In an imaginary world where you're capable of holding the mob fulltime you must be turtled, but if you swing your GS once every 3 months the mob is gonna get bored and go for someone else.

it is NOT a useless job and it CAN do what it is purposed to do if you put effort into it and dont just write it off.
It is not worth a spot in any fight right now. The fact that it mitigates magic damage well means nothing when his presence is utterly worthless in any meaningless scenario.
By Enuyasha 2013-06-14 04:15:58  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
PLD can face tank it and hold hate as any other fight
It is the playerbase who refuses to revert back to havign a PLD face tank a mob and let the DD's do their job.
No. Pld will hold hate for a whole 30 seconds with proper dds whacking the enemy. Not much has changed.

You can put together a decent light hybrid set geared just mainly for PDT. RUN gets a variety of DT- and PDT- peices. I will agree that it lacks a variet of haste and DT- option,but the options themselves are NOT unobtainable in any way.
This makes no sense. The point of hybrid is to be able to be turtled and still do decent damage. In an imaginary world where you're capable of holding the mob fulltime you must be turtled, but if you swing your GS once every 3 months the mob is gonna get bored and go for someone else.

it is NOT a useless job and it CAN do what it is purposed to do if you put effort into it and dont just write it off.
It is not worth a spot in any fight right now. The fact that it mitigates magic damage well means nothing when his presence is utterly worthless in any meaningless scenario.
Have you played PLD? Or played with any good Paladins lately?
The focus hasnt shifted massively towards damage as it was, it is a factor but it is not the ONLY factor.
-RUN gets few haste/DT- peices, but the ones it DOES get arent negligible at all. It isnt a full uber DRK hybrid set, but you can get one. Also, there again are other ways to maintain hate besides damage.
***. stay in zergmode and dont actually play the game or try to look at the game as it changes each update. Tojil is obviously a hall in higher tier legion etc. and theres no other possible way to do it than zerg it the *** down. Thats fine, but a PLD could still hold hate on it if they really wanted to/knew how to generate hate.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-14 04:18:50  
By the time you put up 3 runes to generate hate the oatixur monk has ws'd twice for double the hate.
Yeah, I'll keep playing in a meaningful way while you waste time with worthless strategies.
By Enuyasha 2013-06-14 04:25:16  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
By the time you put up 3 runes to generate hate the oatixur monk has ws'd twice for double the hate.
Yeah, I'll keep playing in a meaningful way while you waste time with worthless strategies.
Why are you wasting time imbetween runes not doing other things that generate hate? and lets just assume everyone has max gear now dont we? and super godly TP gain speed right? How about we assume the RUN hasnt done a full damage Lunge and then a full damage Resolution afterwards no? I can play "theres lots of ways to lose hate cause RUN sucks" too but i can also counter that with "sukless and actually play the job like you actually know what you are doing". an also assume the RUN has perfect sets and does 2K damage lunges and 1K resolutions if you like,but that would be living in an imperfect and highly perfect-for-your-argument world.

Keep calling the idea of RUN being a tank useless and maybe itll be a DRK right? or is that not what you are saying?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-14 04:27:10  
Stop putting words in my mouth. I also like run a lot, it's tons of fun to play, but feelings don't make it better. Remove the blinkers, job sucks for anything that matters.