フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Delve Sets
RDM Delve Sets
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-18 09:57:49  
Nah, that wasn't aimed directly at you. You just see a lot of people do the whole "ToM staff is X Macc, this is X Macc" not thinking about the grip slot. Though I don't see where the actual Macc on the lvl99 staves is being derived, I never did find any testing on affinity/accuracy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-07-18 10:02:35  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Nah, that wasn't aimed directly at you. You just see a lot of people do the whole "ToM staff is X Macc, this is X Macc" not thinking about the grip slot. Though I don't see where the actual Macc on the lvl99 staves is being derived, I never did find any testing on affinity/accuracy.

Me either, that's why I put so many variations and "?"'s in my post. Since I've heard some people talk about Enfeebling Magic counting as 1 Enfeebling Magic = .9 Magic Accuracy and other that count is as 1 Enfeebling Magic = 1 Magic Accuracy I posted the numbers for bother terms.

Also the reason I posted my Xsaeta II number as "+70 magic accuracy?" as it seems to be more of an assumption.

There seems to be a lot of guess work involved in counting magic accuracy.
By geekgirl101 2013-07-29 15:23:12  
Considering that the magian staffs give like 3x more magic accuracy than the chatoyant staff which ones are worth working on? I considered doing ice, earth, and maybe wind and dark also for landing slow, paralyze, silence, gravity and sleeps.
By dinendale 2013-07-30 02:41:34  
Huge difference between grav and silence lands after finishing Yama's Staff, just finished the Xsaeta II so should be the same with sleeps next run.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-30 03:29:50  
Tamaxchi.

Edit:
Also, Soothsayer Staff is getting like 130 or something macc after next patch.(Basicly nearly twice as much as macc magians)
Magian macc staffs is only for stun recast now.
 Ragnarok.Sharain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2013-07-30 04:17:55  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Tamaxchi.

Edit:
Also, Soothsayer Staff is getting like 130 or something macc after next patch.(Basicly nearly twice as much as macc magians)
Magian macc staffs is only for stun recast now.
And atinian staff (made from gabbrath horn from Tojil, so price will plummet after the initial spike) macc+180 if the test server stats hold when update comes.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117087-Translated-Gear-Take-these-for-granite
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-30 04:22:47  
Even better\worse! lol

Basicly, don't make macc staffs unless it's for stun recast. :p
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sharain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2013-07-31 22:52:42  
Rdm isn't on Atinian staff ;_;. The test server page didn't list jobs and I didn't even think that SE could be so mean! So unfair... why have the best macc staff leave out master of enfeebling? ;_;
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-31 23:15:10  
Ragnarok.Sharain said: »
Rdm isn't on Atinian staff ;_;. The test server page didn't list jobs and I didn't even think that SE could be so mean! So unfair... why have the best macc staff leave out master of enfeebling? ;_;

It's not unthinkable that RDM isn't on a staff or club that most other mages are. RDM has no native staff or club skill. What would make more sense is a line of swords/daggers/shields with legitimate mage stats that RDM can actually use.

EDIT: RDM does have native club skill.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-07-31 23:35:22  
Erm, technically RDM has D club skill.
By itchi508 2013-08-19 10:07:11  
Rdm sets i have 2 questions in this set on Macc Vs skill. I am Assuming Macc wins in most cases as there is no Enfeebleing+ that exceeds the Macc value on current gear plus any additional Int/Mnd

1* would Bokwas slops be more benificial than portant pants?
2* would buremte hat out do Duelist?
ItemSet 307060
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-19 10:14:17  
How do people still not know that 1 skill= 1 MACC
By itchi508 2013-08-19 10:26:42  
I realize 1 skill = 1 Macc. That wasnt my question. Most gear has higher Macc than skill wich rises the question of what i asked. The actual skill or Macc + Int/Mnd. Overal my understanding bokwas slops & buremte wins. But this is reason i am asking. So how about answer or advice rather than a remark with no input!
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-19 10:40:00  
Okay, in the case of the hat:

Duelist's

5 MND 18 MACC

Buremte

24 MND/24 INT 15 MACC

In the case of a MND enfeeble, you're essentially asking if 27 is always higher than 20-21 (potency increases aside, which makes it even more obvious). I'm also assuming the best case scenario for Duelist, which is a 2:1 MND/INT:MACC relationship. If dSTAT causes it to be 1:1, then the difference only widens.

Unaugmented, the pants are about the same so just use Bokwus.
 Bahamut.Zangada
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-08-19 10:42:47  
itchi508 said: »
Rdm sets i have 2 questions in this set on Macc Vs skill. I am Assuming Macc wins in most cases.

1* would Bokwas slops be more benificial than portant pants?
2* would buremte hat out do Duelist?
ItemSet 307060

1* Yes
2* No, duelists is still better for macc, it would be better for potency if 3 macc dosent matter.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-19 10:45:39  
lol
 Siren.Methylated
By Siren.Methylated 2013-08-19 10:54:05  
What I dont understand is that everyone keeps using the Balrahns ring?

Correct me if I am wrong but with the new updates is 1+ MND/INT worth .75 Macc? or am I misinformed?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-19 10:56:34  
people use it because they already own it and 4macc on a ring is pretty solid.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-08-19 10:57:08  
MND, INT, and (presumably) CHR are either 1:1 or 2:1 :: attribute:macc, pending dStat

Simply, your Icesoul Ring is worth either 7 macc or 3.5(floored?) macc, depending on the difference between your INT and your target's INT
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-19 10:59:51  
Siren.Methylated said: »
What I dont understand is that everyone keeps using the Balrahns ring?

Correct me if I am wrong but with the new updates is 1+ MND/INT worth .75 Macc? or am I misinformed?

What Kap said. The accuracy adjustments that you may be thinking of were for melee/ranged accuracy.
 Siren.Methylated
By Siren.Methylated 2013-08-19 11:03:22  
Thanks, My wonder is quelled. I need moar ACC!
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-08-19 11:05:04  
It's worth noting that, assuming NMs in Adoulin have MND, INT, and CHR levels similar to their remarkably high physical attributes(~200 on T6), you'll be reaping the full benefits of your attribute bonuses the vast majority of the time.

tl;dr- if landing a stun, silence, or what have you is actually cause for concern, you're probably getting 1 macc for every 1 attribute you slap on, making INT equipment particularly useful
By Otomis 2013-09-04 05:47:45  
PLayed HNM style RDM for years but since abyssea have not shaken the dust of RDM. Would be a great feeling to get it out again for delve. Is anyone currently working on a updated Rdm Guide? I am just starting to look around at gear but with so many updates since 75 cap my head is dizzy. If folks would like to start working on and comparing sets and possibly someone take up a guide like other jobs have would be super cool.

#1.Idle(refresh)+(regen)
#2.Precast(capped fast cast)
#3.Max enfeebling(MND)
#4.Max enfeebling(INT)
#5.Max Enhancing
#6.Best Healing set
#7.PDT/Kits Set
#8.MDT set
#9.Special /Ja pieces of gear
#10.Special Augments.

The how to of : Merits : Function in events : solo : Kite : Etc.

Not sure if anyone is working on this already, just a thought. I am going to personally start working on sets and posting them. I am however very limited in time so may be slow coming. Thanks all, good luck to RDM, and thank you SE for giving RDM a future again.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-09-04 19:40:09  
#1 Idle set

Find the pieces with refresh on it, the more the better. After that, put on regen/-pdt/-dt gear.

#2 Precast

Find pieces with fast cast on it

#3 Max Enfeeble (MND)

Find pieces with lots of enfeebling skill and magic accuracy on it. Then prioritize MND next.

#4 Max Enfeeble (INT)

Find pieces with lots of enfeebling skill and magic accuracy on it. Then prioritize INT next.

#5 Max Enhancing

Find pieces with lots of Enhancing skill on it. The more the better.

#6 Best Healing set

Use gear so your cure potency hits 50%, then prioritize gear depending on your style.

-enmity if you want less hate on your cures
+healing skill if you want stronger cures
fast cast/haste if you want a lower recast

#7.PDT/Kits Set

Find pieces of gear with -pdt on it, or -dt if the value is higher. Don't forget defense. Don't forget movement speed either!

#8.MDT set

Find pieces of gear with -mdt on it, or -dt if the value is higher. Prioritize MDB next.

#9.Special /Ja pieces of gear

If a piece gear augments a JA and it's a desirable effect, leave the piece of inventory and equip it when you use the ability, or when the JA takes effect. Use any of the wikis to find out how the JA works.

#10.Special Augments.

If a piece of gear has a special augment that you want, find out how to obtain it, obtain it, then use it.

Use this site as a guideline, but use you own judgment when creating your sets.
http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/

Don't forget, 10 fast cast is higher than 5 fast cast and -5DT is more beneficial than -4PDT.

Hope this helps!
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-09-04 20:46:43  
Otomis said: »
Is anyone currently working on a updated Rdm Guide?
I started working on one not to long ago and work on it here & there in my free time but I haven't gotten a lot done yet.

Knowing that there is someone actually in need of it though, I will try to put more work into it as soon as I can, till now I have wanted to do it, but at the same time felt it kinda didn't matter much because there is a WHM & BLM guide, and since RDM is mostly just a mash of them... felt a bit unneeded.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-09-04 22:04:20  
That's pretty rude. I just made a rdm guide.
By Otomis 2013-09-04 22:09:31  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »

I looked for it but did not see it anywhere. Not sure anyone is trying to be rude, but it should probably be sticky'd to top post.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-09-04 22:20:59  
I did not mean to be rude, and I agree with Otomis, I see no guide unless you are referring to your above post. Your above post is a guide in a way, but a very short and small one, with not much detail. When I was referring to my own guide I am making I meant in the same sort of format and size that the other jobs have such as WAR or WHM. Please forgive my unintentional rudeness.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-04 22:43:48  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »

I don't think he meant to be rude, but that's not much of a RDM guide.