New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Delve Sets
RDM Delve Sets
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-06-10 23:53:45  
Update for all those RDM lovers out there. I just had my 1st serious attempt Delve NM's on RDM. After a bad experience attempting to Dispel Kurma a couple day ago, I made a few tweaks to my RDM sets.

ItemSet 303930

With this set and Magian Dark Accuracy Staff/Klimaform/Voidstorm/25GainINT/GEO M.Eva, I had a 100% Dispel rate on Kurma.

ItemSet 303932

And with this set (used Chatoyant Staff/Mephitis Grip over sword/shield to be safe) was landing really good as well.

Between the two I also had a flawless resist rate on Paralyze2/Gravity2 on Kurma.

And flawless resist rate on Paralyze2/Slow2/Blind2/Addle/Gravity2 on the peiste.

Very happy to finally see RDM getting some action again. Thank you Delve! =D

EDIT: Even though I was getting enough buffs to push Dispel to 100% dispel rate on Kurma for Harden Shell, I couldn't land Blind2 once on him. Same gear as Dispel, same more buffs towards dark-based spells than the other debuffs. He didn't give the immune message. He just resisted every single time. I thought that was kind of interesting.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-06-11 00:03:03  
Inside or outside of fracture? I had no problem landing finale inside fracture, but outside, with the addition of -magic evasion from the geo, I couldn't finale it at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-06-11 00:05:16  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Inside or outside of fracture? I had no problem landing finale inside fracture, but outside, with the addition of -magic evasion from the geo, I couldn't finale it at all.

Outside, we were bead farming.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-06-11 04:54:41  
It's the Geo. Their pretty much the masters of enfeebles due to them being completely unresistable and scaling on skill alone.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-06-15 10:34:16  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Update for all those RDM lovers out there. I just had my 1st serious attempt Delve NM's on RDM. After a bad experience attempting to Dispel Kurma a couple day ago, I made a few tweaks to my RDM sets.

ItemSet 303930

With this set and Magian Dark Accuracy Staff/Klimaform/Voidstorm/25GainINT/GEO M.Eva, I had a 100% Dispel rate on Kurma.

I have a question, with Voidstorm, The Elemental Belt would be a good bet too yah?

Edit: And whats a good Alternative to the Head armor :X? RDM+2 hat?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-06-15 18:41:28  
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

ItemSet 303930

I have a question, with Voidstorm, The Elemental Belt would be a good bet too yah?

Edit: And whats a good Alternative to the Head armor :X? RDM+2 hat?

1.) Probably if you wanted to go that route, some of this gear is based around inventory as well. Demonry Sash has a nice amount of Macc on it, and still isn't horrible for white magic set either. Only thing I saw with higher M Acc on the waist slot is Bougonia Rope with +5 M Acc.
With proper buffs though, my Dispel rate is pretty comfortable on him I'd say about 90-95% by eyeballing, I get maybe 2-3 resists through the whole fight.

2.) Going by the 2 Stat = 1 Macc = 1 Skill, ppl said here, They are about equal for black magic. Relic +2 hat has 18 M acc, and Hyaline has has 17.5.

I might add, I was in a JP pug the other night (before the server implosion), as RDM/BLM. I had GEO M acc up, M Eva Down, 25Gain-INT. and a COR for RDM Roll, and had about the same resist rate. So, Klimaform/Voidstorm actually isn't needed if you are in PT with a COR. And since i was /blm instead I was also able to help try to Stun Tetsudo Tremor after the 50% mark.

EDIT: Sorry about posting 100% resist rate, I got a little excited b/c of how high my M Acc was. Still high enough to be more than reliable though. If a dispel resists, recast is already up by the time my animation finishes. It's funny seeing him use Harden Shell 4x in a row, and spamming Dispel 4x in succession, Kurma is a persistent ***, lol.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-06-20 12:21:24  
Was curious about this 500 enfeebling skill number people are throwing around for delve. I was under the impression that m.acc and enfeebling skill are interchangeable. For a target of 500 enfeebling skill should I only count gear that gets me to that number or can I count the m. acc in there as well? I'd like to have spots left over for stats and whatnot (and I'm pretty much resurrecting rdm from 75 here so I'm behind on some of the gear).

edit: whoops mixed up 5 and 6 >.>;;
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-06-20 12:35:50  
Of course there's some cut off number where anymore macc/skill won't help you any, but I haven't seen any reason to believe why it's 500.

And Fea's coronal is 21.5macc.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-06-20 12:54:44  
Ah no, I didn't mean that 500 was where you got no more benefit: supposedly 500 is the minimum to land stuff on Tojil. It seems like a random number and I'm wondering if the person who came up with it was counting their m.acc as well, or if that's just the amount of enfeebling skill they were wearing at the time.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-20 12:56:14  
It's a random number; stack as much as you have
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-06-20 14:49:00  
Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Ah no, I didn't mean that 500 was where you got no more benefit: supposedly 500 is the minimum to land stuff on Tojil. It seems like a random number and I'm wondering if the person who came up with it was counting their m.acc as well, or if that's just the amount of enfeebling skill they were wearing at the time.

I was at Tojil last night, was landing every debuff flawlessly at the start, after about 2-3 casts of each though, he just flat out started resisting everything but Gravity II. Seems like he's easy to enfeeble on pull, but builds resistance really fast. :/
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-20 14:59:50  
Anything worth enfeebling is going to gain resistance, 2 base stat = 1 skill = macc. Stack it up and use your JA's wisely.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-06-20 15:08:57  
Just throwing this out there. Mori raptor does not build resistance to gravity. Its duration gets reduced each time until it hits approximately 0.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-06-20 15:10:16  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Just throwing this out there. Mori raptor does not build resistance to gravity. Its duration gets reduced each time until it hits approximately 0.

Never noticed that, he usually dies too fast. But I'll keep that in mind.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-06-20 15:14:56  
Yeah, well, things die slower when you're just screwing around with 2 DDs
 Bahamut.Voevode
サーバ: Bahamut
user: voevode
By Bahamut.Voevode 2013-06-24 21:44:03  
Preparing enfeebling sets for Tojil, was thinking it would be helpful to know around how much mnd we're looking at on him. Giving the level 105-110, was told to expect around 140 mnd at the most, however, has there been testing or any other educated guessing done about this?

Also looking for reliably accurate silence sets, right now I have this current set for silences:

ItemSet 305506

A friend gave me a couple suggestions today, one being Maquette ring instead of the aquasoul, and Casso Sash instead of demonry sash. Also been fighting that dumb Umaghrk for Manasa, but he doesn't want to drop it for me >.>

Anyway, any swaps that would maximize accuracy, or any insight from people who have fought Tojil on a mage that would have any suggestions as far as enfeebling accuracy would be greatly appreciated.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-06-24 21:59:17  
Far as enfeebling delve NMs goes, it's not that complicated. More enfeeebling skill/macc = good. MND/INT is about half as good.

Aureole, Fea's coronal, MACC rings and high level Bokwus legs/feet with macc are all upgrades you can get. Body from meeble mega boss too, but that's a bit harder to get.

Far as Tojil, if you're not capped out at the best gear, I would suggest going /sch and storm/Klimaform'ing yourself. You could also ask your sch to do it for you, but they're pretty busy as it is. Every enfeeble should be pretty easy to land with gain-int/-storm/klimaform/geo effects, assuming you have a decent set, that is until they start to build resistance to it. Kurma is pretty resistant against slow2 though, even with the best of everything.
 Bahamut.Voevode
By Bahamut.Voevode 2013-06-24 22:28:03  
Thanks very much. I completely forgot Aureole existed, not sure why. Also missed that Bokwus feet had Macc on them without augment, which will bring it ahead at rank 5 I believe. Yes Klimaform and the corresponing stormspell will be on in this situation (granted /sch gets it, going to go out and say to not expect a storm spell from a sch stunner), would have to look at the party setup to see if there will be a GEO in the party, as well as gain-mnd/int. Have a good set to work for now!

ItemSet 305512

Edit: Omega ring also beats karka ring by 0.5 magic accuracy.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-24 22:37:59  
I keep seeing Karka ring and Aquasoul rings in enfeebling sets, wouldn't Irrwisch Ring beat both for enfeebling?

Edit: for flat out MACC or INT enfeebles obviously.
 Bahamut.Voevode
By Bahamut.Voevode 2013-06-24 22:46:51  
For int enfeebles that has high accuracy (5.5), the highest other than that would be Maquette ring at 5 macc, or the Bee delve boss ring at 8 macc (which I haven't even looked at for sets yet). Karka Ring has 4macc on it, which is equal to the mediator's ring/irrwisch ring which are the only two other options for 2nd ring for white enfeebles (as far as I know). So for INT enfeebles Maquette and Irrwisch would be very good for accuracy I believe.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2013-06-24 23:20:54  
does that body in the silence goal set by Veovode beat augmented Iaso body?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-24 23:37:42  
The would be nearly equal on Macc for MND enfeebles, Iaso wins for INT enfeebles.

Iaso Bliaut
18 enfeebling skill, 7 Macc augment
25 Macc

Manasa
12 enfeebling skill, 7 Macc, 13 MND
25-26 Macc

You should probably strive for Iaso Mitra before Bliaut, though, from a cost/reward standpoint.
 Bahamut.Voevode
By Bahamut.Voevode 2013-06-25 00:35:57  
Yes they would come out to be within 0.5 Macc of each other as Jassik said. So if you have the Bliaut and not Manasa, then you would be set.

There's also quite a few "very close" swaps in there or exact same M.acc pieces I believe.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-26 23:22:42  
I am having enough resists on Gravity and Silence on Tojil and I'm trying to figure out why.

This is my current set, I see people landing it well enough with very similar sets.

ItemSet 305834

Capped enfeebling with 8/8 merits and 2 wind acc merits, /BLM for ES impact and clutch stuns. GEO's generally have -Magic EVA and MACC up.

I'm curious if a few simple gear upgrades are sufficient or if I should be rethinking subjob or utilizing weather spells.

Suggestions?
 Ragnarok.Bepe
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2013-06-26 23:50:52  
Ahh the reason I asked is because I won the Bliaut from that special event last year (wish i picked T body :P)
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-06-27 00:01:57  
@Jassik: Only thing I can think of is to ask for wind weather+klimaform from one of the schs (or one from each, so as to minimize taxing their strategems). Perp on each should give you 7+ minutes' worth, and you can see if that's sufficient.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-27 00:09:56  
Fenrir.Motenten said: »
@Jassik: Only thing I can think of is to ask for wind weather+klimaform from one of the schs (or one from each, so as to minimize taxing their strategems). Perp on each should give you 7+ minutes' worth, and you can see if that's sufficient.

I'm unfamiliar with how weather spells effect accuracy, do I need to combine them with Obi/Twilight Cape to get the full effect?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-27 00:14:19  
Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
Ahh the reason I asked is because I won the Bliaut from that special event last year (wish i picked T body :P)

If you already have the body its borderline best in slot for MACC purposes.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-06-27 18:29:29  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Fenrir.Motenten said: »

I'm unfamiliar with how weather spells effect accuracy, do I need to combine them with Obi/Twilight Cape to get the full effect?

Klimaform gives you magic accuracy for the element of whatever weather you have. So, with a sch giving you Klimaform + wind weather, that would boost your accuracy on wind-based spells (ie: silence).

You don't need to add anything else with Obi/Twilight Cape/etc.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2013-06-27 18:33:08  
Is there any information on the amount of M.Acc you gain from Klimaform? So far I haven't been able to find anything.