言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Delve Sets
RDM Delve Sets
By Otomis 2013-09-07 06:57:30  
ItemSet 312686

I know I am missing a couple Auction House purchasable pieces, but would rather not spend gil as I am saving to finishing upgrading and augmenting gear.
 Sylph.Murex
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Murex 2013-09-07 07:32:05  
ItemSet 312688
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-07 10:20:19  
Sylph.Murex said: »

Demonry sash should beat casso, Bokwus legs should beat mystagog for MND enfeebles and Orvail for INT, marquette ring over omega. Otherwise that's a great set.

Has anyone tested the "enhances enfeebling effect" on Uk'uxkaj boots?
 Sylph.Murex
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Murex 2013-09-07 19:37:30  
BGWiki says Uk' has: Enhances enfeebling magic potency by approximately 6%. Also you must mean rank 15 macc path on bokwus slops or else Fea's slops which I also have would be better then rank 0 bokwus or Mystagog.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-07 21:04:39  
NQ bokwus slops will beat mystagog for INT enfeebles and R1 Macc path will beat them for MND enfeebles. If you don't have them occupied as MAB path, they are the best enfeebling legs at ~R5 in ALL situations. Obviously R15 should be the goal, but they don't need it to beat the other options.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-09-08 03:07:32  
BGWiki says Uk' has: Enhances enfeebling magic potency by approximately 6%. Also you must mean rank 15 macc path on bokwus slops or else Fea's slops which I also have would be better then rank 0 bokwus or Mystagog.

1 skill = 0.9 ~ 1.0 magic accuracy and 2 dSTAT = 1 magic accuracy. Always go for raw magic accuracy over "skill".
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-08 21:06:14  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

1 skill = 0.9 ~ 1.0 magic accuracy and 2 dSTAT = 1 magic accuracy. Always go for raw magic accuracy over "skill".

Skill gear previously had far higher value in terms of Macc before SoA simply because 10-15 skill was common and 15+ Macc or 25-30 MND/INT were nearly unheard of.

People's conceptions are still based around that. Still, with GEO Meva down and staves/clubs with well over 100 Macc loosen up the constraints on Macc that we had not that long ago. Resists shouldn't be as big of an issue. I'd be willing to bet that base stats will outweigh Macc in a lot of slots for potency based enfeebles. It is just a matter of judging the stats of your target.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-09-09 05:15:11  
Odin.Jassik said: »

Skill gear previously had far higher value in terms of Macc before SoA simply because 10-15 skill was common and 15+ Macc or 25-30 MND/INT were nearly unheard of.

People's conceptions are still based around that. Still, with GEO Meva down and staves/clubs with well over 100 Macc loosen up the constraints on Macc that we had not that long ago. Resists shouldn't be as big of an issue. I'd be willing to bet that base stats will outweigh Macc in a lot of slots for potency based enfeebles. It is just a matter of judging the stats of your target.

Double GEO's is becoming rather rare for Delve now. They are putting a 2 song BRD in the mage party in it's place so I don't expect M.Evasion down to be present. Honestly there are a few key pieces with a metric f*ck ton of Magic Acc while other slots have tons of MND / INT. I'm willing to sacrifice a small amount of MND / INT if I can get a large increase in raw magic accuracy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-09-09 07:02:13  
Odin.Jassik said: »

Double GEO's is becoming rather rare for Delve now. They are putting a 2 song BRD in the mage party in it's place so I don't expect M.Evasion down to be present. Honestly there are a few key pieces with a metric f*ck ton of Magic Acc while other slots have tons of MND / INT. I'm willing to sacrifice a small amount of MND / INT if I can get a large increase in raw magic accuracy.

If you have enough magic accuracy in gear, the 2nd GEO is far from even needed any more in Delve, it's very easy to land most debuffs on any 1-5 NM's, and certain ones on bosses as well. (Only one I can think of that still puts up a fight is Silence on Tutewehiwehi.) Kurma is very easy to Dispel without any outside help.

Tojil puts up a little fight on anything but Silence, and Muyingwa is the same for anything but Paralyze II. Dakuwaqa is pretty easy to enfeeble with everything, but that's probably because he wipes it all off every 25%.
 Ragnarok.Tokuzi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Bodille
By Ragnarok.Tokuzi 2013-09-09 08:33:06  
i have a question >.<'
whats the best alternative if no Yaoyotl Gloves, only have af3+3 hands for rdm... would Gendewitha Gages be any good .. i mean for tojil silence .. also should i stick with Duelist's +2 if no Buremte Hat or no Nahtirah Hat.

thanks.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-09-09 14:43:16  
For hands you should use Hagondes Cuffs & Weatherspoon Corona or Xux Hat depending on which you have access too till you can get the better options.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-09 16:36:16  
Ragnarok.Tokuzi said: »
i have a question >.<'
whats the best alternative if no Yaoyotl Gloves, only have af3+3 hands for rdm... would Gendewitha Gages be any good .. i mean for tojil silence .. also should i stick with Duelist's +2 if no Buremte Hat or no Nahtirah Hat.

thanks.

Unless you have one of the 3 or 4 listed here, Duelist's Chapeau +2 is decent, but if you have any of the other options, its just a piece for Dia/Bio3 assuming it's augmented.

For hands, AF3+2 are ok, they offer about 20 Macc depending on the mob's stats for INT based enfeebles and about 22-24 for MND. So you'll just have to benchmark that against the calculated Macc for whatever else you're considering. Personally I used them over other options because the difference was negligible, but I had to carry them for the increased duration on buffs because I was solely responsible for haste/refresh/etc on the mage/tank party for delve NM runs. Keeping GEO's refreshed, cured, phalanxed, etc while keeping the stunners hasted and cycling refresh between sublimations, and keeping the PLD refreshed and hasted as well as debuffing mobs and assisting the DD parties... It cut down on my casting time, even if only a little by themselves..
 Asura.Cheuri
サーバ: Asura
user: hardatk
By Asura.Cheuri 2013-09-11 18:24:24  
Soo... after reading some of the ideas in this thread, and looking at the new gear, I came up with what I believe is the best enfeebling set currently available, and most of the gear is actually fairly easy to get.

ItemSet 312953

The Lehbrailg +1 has +28 MACC & +8 INT augment
Each Hagondes Piece has +25 MACC and -3~4 PDT augment

Totals:
+ 354 macc (yes, this is real)
+ 12 enfeebling magic skill
+ 133 INT
+ 130 MND
+ 15% haste
- 15-20% pdt

With a large portion of the +MACC coming from the Hagondes gear, the earrings and rings could be swapped for +INT / +MND pieces as needed per spell OR the body and boots could be swapped for the "enhances enfeebling effect" pieces (Uk'uxkaj boots and Estoqueur's Sayon +2)...

The only two pieces that I know have potential alternative are the helm... which could be swapped with the Nahtirah Hat for some extra +INT/MND and +Fast Cast and the Mediator's Ring which could be swapped for the Omega Ring which also adds +INT/MND but is somewhat hard to get.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-11 19:27:06  
Estoqueur's Sayon +2 should be your default enfeebling body for anything that isn't a fixed potency. That set is more of a high acc/static effect set. Would be good for things like silence, dispel, sleep, bind, etc. For potency based enfeebles, you'll probably get more mileage out of raw stats based on the amount of macc available in just a few slots.

It's a good go-to set, though.
 Asura.Cheuri
サーバ: Asura
user: hardatk
By Asura.Cheuri 2013-09-12 00:52:29  
lol... yes I believe I addressed that, I agree that in some cases there are better options to get maximum enfeebling potency, but this set is a base that you can use in Delve; anything that resists you is basically not achievable currently (asside from outside buffs / debuffs like geo's)...

Like I mentioned the rings are an easy swap out for the +INT or +MND pieces, but aside from that there are very few upgrades that provide substantially more +INT or +MND than the hagondes anyway, the Wildeskeeper and Delve gear is only marginally better.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-12 01:38:24  
Asura.Cheuri said: »
lol... yes I believe I addressed that, I agree that in some cases there are better options to get maximum enfeebling potency, but this set is a base that you can use in Delve; anything that resists you is basically not achievable currently (asside from outside buffs / debuffs like geo's)...

Like I mentioned the rings are an easy swap out for the +INT or +MND pieces, but aside from that there are very few upgrades that provide substantially more +INT or +MND than the hagondes anyway, the Wildeskeeper and Delve gear is only marginally better.

The point I was making is that you need several sets to be effective, and that set is more of a high acc set than an all-in-one or baseline. It's still a great set that is relatively easy to come by.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
By itchi508 2013-10-17 09:34:39  
I dusted off my Rdm & looking for some insight on sets. I have read that Skirmish peaces with Augs seem to trump most options. I have no intentions on dumping gil into the skirmish gear. With that said please advise me of any upgrades that should be made, & Any peaces that maybe worthless like maybe Wanion belt?
Only list skirmish peaces if the NQ is a better option please, as it is the NQ hagondes feet look to trump Whopes sabots. /toss but do the Hagondes offer more than the Uk boots?
ItemSet 314451
ItemSet 312546
Lastly, what is the minimal Skill you want to maintain before making your Int/Mnd sets? (& yes i do understand Skill =Macc but Macc does not = skill)
Is base cap w/ Merrits stacked with Mods enough? Or do we still need +skill peaces to stack w/ the Int/Mnd & Macc that the spell demands?
Thanks in advance!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-17 09:59:44  
as far as I'm aware, there is no reason to hold skill any higher than straight macc or dstat. you can boil most pieces down to a nominal macc value assuming the minimum is 1 skill = .9 macc = 2 base stat. the greater your stat difference with the target, the more valuable base stats are, capping at 1 stat = 1 macc. since stats also effect potency of some enfeebles, if Macc is more or less equal, favor base stats.
 Quetzalcoatl.Phraust
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Phraust 2013-10-17 11:41:34  
Also worth mentioning, int/mnd pieces from what I understand add accuracy AND potency. Personally, I'd rather have something miss once and a while and be potent when it lands, than land every time and do nothing.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-17 12:06:07  
well, part of the reason skill is so heavily favored in people's minds is because traditionally it was available in higher quantities than anything with macc or base stats. af body has 15 skill, was there anything up to level 90 that had 15 macc or 30 int/mnd...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-17 20:09:25  
Quetzalcoatl.Phraust said: »
Also worth mentioning, int/mnd pieces from what I understand add accuracy AND potency. Personally, I'd rather have something miss once and a while and be potent when it lands, than land every time and do nothing.

Resists and potency are slightly different things, there are a bunch of levels of resistance. ex. You might get a half resist, so it still lands, but is say half duration. Unless you are doing literally nothing besides casting a handful of enfeebles on a single target, if you have to choose between accuracy and potency, I wouldn't choose potency. You should be able to push MACC reasonably close to cap without having to sacrifice a lot in potency with the newer gear available like we did before iLVL updates.
By charlo999 2013-10-17 20:21:23  
Is there a event that is worth using rdm enfeebling that is not a single target currently?
With gear ATM it is always better to gear for potency if the spell benifits from it. Said gear has both stat and magic acc in buckets anyway. I have 0 issues landing any enfeeble in full potency.