By Enucleation 2016-09-08 04:14:49  
Thanks for putting these up Verda!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-09-09 12:52:34  
Odin Master Trial doesn't seem doable with bows timewise. Was expecting light SCs to help make up the difference between coro and namas, but they're resisted as badly as dark by the fomor.

edit: doesn't seem so bad after helmwige actually, maybe doable but namas damage is considerably lower
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-09-15 14:13:34  
Heys all. I'm rebuilding my rng from the old days. What weapon should be afterglowed first for relics, bow or gun. Not sure what would get more use in new content. I already have the aeonic gun for rng only weapon I'm missing is mythic but not sure if that's really worth the gil.
By Verda 2016-09-15 14:18:54  
Mythic is my favorite, you can see the trueflight thread in this subforum for more info on that.

Anni I'm making currently just for the -enmity and Coronach. I'd rate it very useful for that, but having a very high accuracy bow for Jishnu's is also something to consider.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Odin Master Trial doesn't seem doable with bows timewise. Was expecting light SCs to help make up the difference between coro and namas, but they're resisted as badly as dark by the fomor.

edit: doesn't seem so bad after helmwige actually, maybe doable but namas damage is considerably lower

Hmm I'll see if I can come up with a Nama's set, are there any other WS in the game besides coronach and nama's that have set enmity like that?

Enucleation said: »
Thanks for putting these up Verda!!

np :D
[+]
 Sylph.Kollosis
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2016-09-15 14:21:02  
Odin.Slore said: »
Heys all. I'm rebuilding my rng from the old days. What weapon should be afterglowed first for relics, bow or gun. Not sure what would get more use in new content. I already have the aeonic gun for rng only weapon I'm missing is mythic but not sure if that's really worth the gil.

Depends what you mean by new content I guess. Anything low-mid tier you can just use whichever weapon you want. If you somehow manage to find yourself fighting higher tier things on rng (High tier Reisenjima etc) I think Trueflight is your best bet as far as consistent and reliable damage goes. Jishnu's is the best WS outside of that and requires less buffing to deal better damage than all the gun options.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-09-15 15:32:49  
 Asura.Xijaah
サーバ: Asura
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-09-16 02:39:12  
guys, i was wondering if any of you can self-sc reliably with either gun or bow (ra only).
By Zeak 2016-09-16 06:42:52  
Asura.Xijaah said: »
guys, i was wondering if any of you can self-sc reliably with either gun or bow (ra only).

Yes, given the right circumstances; it just requires a bit more precision than flailing around on melee. The most important thing to remember is RNGs forced/variable delay between shots, because this is a major breaking point for many SC windows. Even with a 4-hit build, that's roughly a minimum 4~ seconds to build 1k TP, with the SC windows being around 5 seconds after the first WS lands. This is a pretty ideal scenario, assuming you have capped 70% Snapshot + 15-35% Velocity Shot + X amount of Rapid Shot, but weapon choice also has an impact. Xbows, with their lower delay, give more leeway, while high-delay (Skirmish) weapons tend to have a tighter window, if any at all.

Although, whether that can be considered "reliable" is up for argument. For instance, one missed shot, even in the best case scenario, adds another 1 second to get back to 1k TP, throwing the SC out the window. Having Double Shot up makes Self-SCing far more forgiving, but we can't full-time it, and we don't have native DA/Hasso like a melee does to make up for our misses. The best way to alleviate these issues is to try is make a 3-hit build with your weapon of choice. This will make your self-SCing potential far more reliable, and it is completely doable with todays gear options. Without specifying a particular weapon, you'd need about 90-100 S.TP in gear/traits, with a minimum of two Relic Hat Recycle procs (Not gonna factor Samurai Roll, as there's less reason to focus on self-SCs if a COR is in the PT). It can be taxing on gear slots, but it makes self-SCs super easy.

If you only care about SCing on junk/low-acc requirements, there's also some fun stuff like OAT augmented WKR bow/xbow, but that's more for "fun" than anything. Either way, self-SCs are doable, but you need practice and understanding to know when it is and isn't possible. If you have trouble with them, then we'd have to specify the exact scenario/set-up to figure out why the timing is wrong, because there are few more factors to take into consideration with ranged attacks over melee rounds.
[+]
By Verda 2016-09-16 10:23:51  
Zeak said: »
Not gonna factor Samurai Roll, as there's less reason to focus on self-SCs if a COR is in the PT

While true to some extent, the 60-70 STP that Samurai Roll can give you is the most important buff a ranger can receive and allow you the use of your good, high accuracy TP sets and good damage WS sets and for high end content is really whether you're self skillchaining or not, still the biggest boost to DPS available as it cuts out an entire attack round before weaponskilling. I'd say it's even more important than attack buffs or flurry it is a shame more jobs do not have a way to boost STP and that it is so vital to RNG. I'd even say serious RNG might consider having a COR mule around for times they can't find a COR to roll with (haha). It's a great roll for every job but RNG definitely gets some of the best use out of it.

To demonstrate my point a bit and also share some info on stuff I'm working on for the odin master trials, I'm working with a RNG for master trial setups who got good info and advice from some other players and are themselves an amazing player :D This is a set we're using to without SAM sub or COR roll, be able to 3 hit with aeonic gun.
Code
Mekki Shakki --5
Bloodrain strap --6
Fomalhaut --10
Chrono Bullet

Aradian Beret +1
Erudition Necklace --6
Enervating --4 
Telos --5

Herc Vest agi 8 rng acc 34 rng attack 23 --3
Adhemar Wristbands +1  Path C --7
Rajas --5
Apate --3

Belenus STP AGI --10
Yemyaya Belt --4
Adhemar Kecks Path C --7
Herc Feet DEX 9 rng acc 25 STP 3 --3

This gives you 78 STP and 1266 Ranged Accuracy. The feet are a dark matter aug though :/

For ranger STP by the way, HQ adhemar hands and legs are a godsend, usually RNG pays a high price for STP by sacrificing any ranged acc at all. The listed accuracy is with HQ hands and NQ legs. This would only be good for Alexander as he has lower evasion than the rest and you need to use coronach on the others. We're pushing our sets for ranged accuracy on the others with Anni too, just so we can avoid using hunter's roll and use samurai instead. It's so worth doing this I've bought about 290 taupe stone sacks just getting augments with high ranged acc + agi and trying to get WSD on it too. The best I got so far was this:

Which is near perfect if it was WSD but since it has a lot of applications for RNG anyway I'm going to keep it. I've actually never got in all my stones on all my jobs anything with all the stats maxed like that so it's nice to know it's possible I guess I was starting to think that if you rolled high in one stat it wouldn't even let you get really high in all of them.

Our other sets we're going for 1435 Ranged Acc. This is before food, or buffs of any kind. With the +60 from Anni it's definitely achievable to have that and even have a decent amount of STP at the same time:
Two Perun: 7 STP
Erudition: 6 STP
Enervating + Telos: 9 STP
Rajas + Apate: 8 STP
Belenus: 10 STP
Yemyaya: 4 STP
Adhemar Wristbands: 6 or 7 STP
Adhemar Kecks: 7 or 9 STP

So even with a ton of accuracy (they are at 1435 before food, buffs, ionis etc) you can have a healthy 60 STP with a relic. All the slots not listed are herc AGI + Ranged Acc (head, vest, feet).

The most taxing job in the master trial however imo, is PLD. Only PLD geared to the teeth and playing their job at its best can even survive. Coronach is used for enmity control in this fight. For Alex you can use last stand, though if you had enough racc you could also use Jishnu's the main benefit of last stand over jishnu's is having a better Acc to Damage ratio Jishnu's is mostly about damage but it is very strong for that reason :D
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2016-10-01 16:50:42  
for trueflight/wildfire sets, does arvina ringlet+1 beat garuda ring+1 ??
By Verda 2016-10-01 17:24:42  
Not in damage, it is good if you wanted combined accuracy and damage though. 9 AGI would tend to beat 9 MAB in most setups as your MAB gets really high anyway at least last I spreadsheeted it and garuda has 9 AGI where Arvina +1 has 3 mab and 5 AGI so it becomes 9 vs 8. Marksmanship skill and the magic accuracy should both help accuracy too though. It's not going to be a groundbreaking difference either way but you're welcome to test both and post results if you like. My advice is use Arvina +1 in a mid acc set, garuda for all out damage, and since it's not confirmed if marksmanship skill helps accuracy or not you could use Sangoma Ring or if you got a lot of gil Stikini Ring +1 for high acc. In most cases I'd just suggest eatting magic acc food or getting proper buffs though before changing gear too much.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2016-10-01 20:01:52  
thx verda you rock
By Verda 2016-10-01 20:07:45  
Aw thanks :D
By Wyugo 2016-10-08 10:40:36  
Does anyone use Gandiva 119 III? Working on my gearsets I'm looking for which is better to stack as a general rule (dex,str,agi) or if it's better not to sacrifice one to benefit another. For example, if agi contributes to crit rate and doesnt cap should i build more on agi? Do i stack dex for the dex modifier, or does it cap at some point and then some stats are wasted? Same thing for str- if fstr2 caps, how do i determine when to back off from it and focus o. Something else? So far, i seem to get better results consistently from leaning on agility vs str or dex. Does doble or triple attack play into all 3 hits?

If this has been covered In this thread, please direct me to which page it's on.
By Verda 2016-10-08 11:11:22  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38352/power-rangers-a-guide-to-pewing/87/#3135847
There's the best Jishnu's set I could come up with on the spreadsheet. If AGI performed well for you it was either you had a really low crit rate or bad accuracy, or just got lucky with crits or something. It's hard to eyeball it unless you do lots of shots vs the same target as Jishnu's damage varies quite a bit depending if you got 1,2 or 3 crits and if all hits land or not.

There isn't double attack or triple or quad for ranged attacks. There is only the double shot job ability and a few pieces of gear (relic body and a bow with otherwise bad stats) that will shoot more than once a round. They don't apply to weaponskills either.

If I add 30 dex, 30 str or 30 agi I get the following changes in the spreadsheet, everything else equal, I made sure attack/def wasn't capped too so that str attack will help out too:

Base: 16602
30 STR: 17125
30 DEX: 17171
30 AGI: 16853

Then if I pump up pdif:
Base: 21390
30 STR: 21842
30 DEX: 22123
30 AGI: 21676

So the crit rate from agi can help, but will have the least effect on damage at least with the set I posted. You perhaps could optimize AGI's effect by only sticking crit dmg in and then relying on AGI for crit rate more, and that might be good for higher acc needs. But for raw damage, 80% dex modifier is pretty hard to argue with.

Jishnu's crit rates are also not tested that I know of but the spreadsheet lists them as 15%,25%,40%. The gear in the post adds up to 26% crit rate, and there isn't known caps on agi for crit rate but melee caps at 15% from dex. So your base crit rate with that gear is 26 + 17.5 (moonshade tp bonus with base ws crit rate) + 0-? from AGI on the mob you're fighting.

More testing should be done on jishnu's crit rate and I could answer you better, but DEX will win most likely in any situation other than the one you are missing shots.
[+]
By Wyugo 2016-10-08 19:10:22  
Thank you for taking the time to answer me. Onemore question- gear that increases crit rate or damage, does this apply to all three shots of jishnus or just the first one. I thought i remember reading that it onlu applies to the first hit just like weaponskill damage?
By Verda 2016-10-08 23:08:18  
Crit damage and crit chance should both apply to all three hits. Weapon skill damage and weapon skill accuracy (like on the fotia belts) are the only stats I know to only affect the first hit of a ws. Sometimes, fTP only applies to the first hit as well, unless it's a paging weaponskill (also called fTP carry). Only a select few ws do that though. I'd like to see testing on Refulgent arrow if it is twofold as in 2x damage, or two hits and if multihit if those carry. Jishnu's is definitely paging however.

Crit damage if you have enough base crit chance will be a very big contributor to jishnu's damage but you want both those and dex and attack/accuracy.

As for your question on Gandiva a few Ranger have made one and seem pretty happy though I'd like to hear more from them. I plan on eventually making one. According to the spreadsheet, for raw ws damage, gandiva doesn't pull much ahead of Fail-Not due to Fail-Not's huge base damage and Gandiva being more of a short bow with lower base damage. However, Gandiva absolutely stomps as long as you have aftermath up. I've been doing some additions to the spreadsheet and want to make sure they are correct but this mirrors what I see in the game, ranger can get very very large ranged attack averages. On the current setup it's listing over 4.6k average shots with am3 up, and that's using a set focused on TP not damage, and as I said, average meaning the lows and top end meet there. In the setup I have now it is showing ranged auto attacks alone to be a bit over 2242 DPS by themselves (up from 897 DPS with no AM at all so we have an aftermath adding a potential 1300+ dps which is crazy). For Arma this spikes to 2900 dps vs the 2242 dps, but it falls behind due to lower WS numbers for overall dps even if you don't account for skillchains and the fact that last stand without aeonic can not self chain light, like jishnu's can. For a pure auto setup tho using say camo for 20% more crit rate, both options would be pretty sweet, and I could see starting a fight with aftermath up then using decoy shot + camo for substantial dps and no to little enmity. It would best be performed at trueshot range of course. I'll keep going over my spreadsheet looking for mistakes before I release it, but it will have some minor support for gifts as well as empy ODT and mythic am3, my current best setup with am3 gandiva tho on the spreadsheet is pulling 5385.675 dps :P I'd also like to figure otu a way to factor in conserve tp procs from the fotia belt and ranger gifts and traits tho as it can be quite substantial activating 40% of the time.
By Wyugo 2016-10-09 17:20:54  
Thanks verda! Looks like ive got some testjng to do, but am going to lean towards crit damage for augs. Also, oneiros knife- the crit damage carries over to range attacks and weapon skills? I thought i read once that when these stats landed on a weapon, they only applied to that weapon and not to an off hand or ranged attack. I will have to pick one up- ive been using odium. Thanks again!
By Verda 2016-10-09 18:07:14  
some weapons work that way but not others. Oneiros is one that doesn't. I don't always use it, you lose a lot of accuracy, but if you can afford to use it, it's pretty awesome. and np have fun :D
 Sylph.Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2016-10-10 13:55:20  
Verda said: »
some weapons work that way but not others. Oneiros is one that doesn't. I don't always use it, you lose a lot of accuracy, but if you can afford to use it, it's pretty awesome. and np have fun :D

What do you generally use when you need the acc for Jishnu's? Kustawi? Perun?
By Verda 2016-10-10 14:30:20  
Perun would help crit rate slightly and store tp is nice, but kustawi has more accuracy and helps up your attack speed if you aren't capped, it's hard to say really I swap in both at times, often I just end up using both if I'm dualwielding (+1 of each). We need the spreadsheets to better reflect rapid shot to really answer that question though. The one thing you can say for sure is Kustawi +1 has more ranged accuracy so if you're pushing every slot to hit something go with that. DPS wise though I don't have an answer, though for AGI based ws perun definitely has bigger ws numbers and would be situational on if you get X-hit build without the STP from perun and to know if your rapid shot is already capped to know if rapidshot helps more or not, for jishnu's it'd be one of the last things I swap as 10% crit damage is pretty big. Hopefully I can update the spreadsheets to a point I can give you better answers.
[+]
By Isilrhofal 2016-10-12 05:04:38  
Hi Verda,
Thank you for your gearswap.
It seems that your version requires 'actions-custom'.
Could you provide this file as well by any chance?

Sylph.Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2016-10-16 20:28:11  
FINALLY. So happy

[+]
By Verda 2016-10-16 20:44:11  
Isilrhofal said: »
Hi Verda,
Thank you for your gearswap.
It seems that your version requires 'actions-custom'.
It was in the first download I listed, though not others sorry. Here's the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/GV9x0nM5

It's only a slightly modified actions lib but kept being overwritten each update so there you go.

It goes in windower4/addons/libs/actions-custom.lib

Sylph.Kollosis said: »
FINALLY. So happy
Congrats :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Norminator
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2016-10-18 18:00:13  
Hey Verda,

I'm trying to use your lua file but i'm having a hard time finding your key bind lol.
By Verda 2016-10-18 18:38:53  
Search for send_command or bind and it should be found pretty quick :D
 Bismarck.Norminator
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2016-10-19 19:52:06  
For some reason those key bind doesn't work on my cpu

send_command('bind ^q gs c flurrymode')
send_command('bind ^d gs c shoot')
send_command('bind !d gs c shootstop')
send_command('bind !q gs c rangetype')
send_command('alias stp_m7 gs c toggle mabdagger')
send_command('alias stp_m7 gs c hastemode')
send_command('alias stp_m10 gs c switch_dualbox_binds')
By Verda 2016-10-19 19:54:36  
well the last ones are for a strix tactic pro keyboard so i wouldn't expect those to work.

As for the others though they should work, if they aren't either binds don't work for you or they're being overwritten somewhere.

Try //listbinds in game and see what it says you might have to scroll the chat log after.
 Valefor.Kiaru
サーバ: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-20 09:09:40  
Ok so I have jishnu's radiance and apex arrow 5/5.

What situations do I use apex arrow over jishnu's? Apex hits pretty hard and looks SUPER COOL!
Is emp arrow ever worth using? It hits for nothing :(
Is refulgent arrow worth using? It's a gross STR mod and I don't feel like making a STR ws set, so I use sidewinder instead for it's SC properties(has more too!).

I will eventually make a Yoichi(I have annihilator) but is namas worth having?

I'm pretty bad at skillchaining for some reason, is there a dummies guide to telling me what it means when it says "Skillchian properties: Fusion/Light/Rebertion/etc"?
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 130 131 132