フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 130 131 132
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-27 23:50:17  
I've gotten 2 crossbows and 1 gk from tchakka. Awesome loot system.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-05-28 09:15:35  
working as intended: Keep you farming bayld and trying over and over again to get what you want. Longevity!
[+]
By Tphantom 2013-05-28 11:32:03  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Carbuncle.Aliceisback said: »
ItemSet 301459

For this set, if rose strap is out of the question (haven't done much of any WoTG), what would be the best way of going about a 4-hit without totally dropping dps?

Probably the easiest route would be to use goading belt I guess, or patentia sash. I find myself aiming for a 5-hit on most of these delve NMs though, I have to admit (mainly for accuracy). I wouldn't worry about a 4-hit unless you're just fighting fodder mobs.

i assume this is /sam, also how diff it will be with a 600 delay gun, or new content should be bow only?
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-28 14:03:00  
Tphantom said: »
Carbuncle.Aliceisback said: »
ItemSet 301459

For this set, if rose strap is out of the question (haven't done much of any WoTG), what would be the best way of going about a 4-hit without totally dropping dps?

Probably the easiest route would be to use goading belt I guess, or patentia sash. I find myself aiming for a 5-hit on most of these delve NMs though, I have to admit (mainly for accuracy). I wouldn't worry about a 4-hit unless you're just fighting fodder mobs.

i assume this is /sam, also how diff it will be with a 600 delay gun, or new content should be bow only?

/war

New content basically requires coronach/namas so it'll never be bow only. The current bows don't even beat the delve gun.

600 delay gun = 16.8 per hit instead of 16.6 (582 delay).

It looks like I screwed up calculating 4-hit with gun slightly. Overshot the store tp by 3. Posted a better set.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-28 14:22:34  
Where was everyone when High Jump, Decoy Shot, and the myriad of enmity reduction spells were implemented?

Yoichi/Anni are obviously ideal, but a supported, prepared RNG is plenty functional without them
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-05-28 14:41:41  
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Where was everyone when High Jump, Decoy Shot, and the myriad of enmity reduction spells were implemented?

Yoichi/Anni are obviously ideal, but a supported, prepared RNG is plenty functional without them

Until I see this, I have my doubts. I am seeing yoichi RNG take hate a lot as it is. Gun allows you to do even more dmg and not get hate, but not having yoichi or anni? I mean sure...you can decoy for 3mins and maybe get away with WSing and not taking hate (still doubt it personally), but a similar ranger with yoichi or anni is going to do a lot more damage and have the same or less enmity. As reference the yoichi RNG was doing around 70k and anni 100k. In these events DPS is mandatory, you won't kill trex if your RNGs die and stop DPSing OR have to hold back because their 226dmg bow doesn't have namas.

Supported, prepared RNG = what? I am purely talking about delve NMs, since all other content seems pointless. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Everything i've seen doesn't point to RNG with new bow and using (insert non namas/coro ws here) will be able to keep up with relic and not take way too much hate.

These fights will become trivial when the REM update hits and coronach is doing 8k+ or w/e it will be.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-28 14:47:46  
You realize that Decoy Shot is on a 5 minute timer, right? That's 0 enmity 60% of the time, and halved enmity the rest of the time if equipped/buffed properly-- all before High Jump comes along and reduces your TE further

And lets not pretend that anyone uses the /DRG method, or that anyone remembered that Decoy Shot existed until a week ago. You're doubting things that are theoretically sound and completely unchallenged in practice

Edit: And hell, if we're getting fancy, Wildfire reduces enmity in a step independent of the enmity caps and does very respectable damage, again, if buffed properly
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-05-28 14:58:24  
You realize that Decoy Shot is on a 5 minute timer, right? That's 0 enmity 60% of the time, and halved enmity the rest of the time if equipped/buffed properly-- all before High Jump comes along and reduces your TE further

And lets not pretend that anyone uses the /DRG method, or that anyone remembered that Decoy Shot existed until a week ago. You're doubting things that are theoretically sound and completely unchallenged in practice

Edit: And hell, if we're getting fancy, Wildfire reduces enmity in a step independent of the enmity caps and does very respectable damage, again, if buffed properly

umm...? Have you ever played RNG? I am well aware of decoy shot, playing RNG in the new content with capped enmity reduction and using decoy shot. It is not 0% hate, its 0% hate from all ranged attacks. Doesn't work on WS's. Yoichi and anni STILL take hate. As for /drg, yeah losing 25% enmity every 2minutes could be useful, but again we are talking about timed content.

You don't have hours to beat these bosses, you have 30?ish minutes, maybe little more depending. you can't afford to bring a RNG/DRG who will do 100k dmg and have the same enmity as a anni rng who did 200k to get the same enmity. Throwing out #s here but just to illustrate the point.

I took a break so i'm not 100% sure on how the new enmity system works, but I highly doubt your RNG/DRG with delve bow can keep up with relic without taking hate (seeing as the yoichi/anni are already taking hate). This will be tested when keityan gets back, as he's a proponent of testing it. The new enmity system would have to completely negate the benefits of namas/coronach to be viable (the ability to do a 8k WS and only get a static, very small, amount of hate). As far as I know, this is not the case? This is where your theoretically sound strat falls apart for me. You know what wildfire and the delve bow doesn't have? The ability to do 8k dmg and only generate 80CE / 240 VE.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-28 15:00:13  
Just by going /drg you're already gimping your damage compared to relic rng. I can also say from personal experience (Odin) that high jump alone will not prevent you from pulling hate. In fact, it seems to do very little once hate is near cap.

Wildfire is utterly irrelevant vs. anything that matters, as you'll be buffed with minuets, chaos, etc. Not only that, but most of the new mobs resist it entirely.

I'm not saying non-relic rng is useless; I just said that coronach/namas will always be useful and usually the best option vs. these new mobs.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-28 15:05:14  
Decoy shot does work on weapon skills and barrage just FYI. People just tend not to line up correctly. Tested this numerous times myself.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-05-28 15:07:27  
Decoy shot does work on weapon skills and barrage just FYI. People just tend not to line up correctly. Tested this numerous times myself.

Multiple people tested it and told me it does not work on WS's...I'm gonna go test now for myself i guess >.> What did you do to test it?
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-28 15:10:12  
/DRG is incredibly useful....esp with Anni/Yoichi where it takes more then 2min to recap.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-28 15:11:07  
Before Decoy Shot(or intentional death) is factored in, you can do ~60,000 damage before your CE reaches the cap. High Jump affords you an additional ~15,000 damage every usage.

Additionally, we've had reports of successes that involved four relic RNG. Four. For christ's sake, you can easily afford to double that in non-relic RNG with how little individual investment it would require.

And what "Wildfire is totally bad when you don't buff for it" is intended to mean is beyond me. If you're incorporating a different type of damage, you'd accommodate for it. Not hard stuff.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-28 15:13:24  
And I was responding to this,

...New content basically requires coronach/namas...

which napkin math enmity calculations say is completely false, and could very well end up keeping groups that are otherwise capable of tackling this content from even attempting it, because people without calculators don't care to give something an inkling of thought
 Lakshmi.Zaps
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2013-05-28 15:14:23  
so, assuming /war or /drg (aka not /sam) here are the sets i have available to me right now for delve. Someone please tear them apart =D

TP
ItemSet 251828

Namas
ItemSet 251827
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-05-28 15:15:58  
Before Decoy Shot(or intentional death) is factored in, you can do ~60,000 damage before your CE reaches the cap. High Jump affords you an additional ~15,000 damage every usage.

Additionally, we've had reports of successes that involved four relic RNG. Four. For christ's sake, you can easily afford to double that in non-relic RNG with how little individual investment it would require.

And what "Wildfire is totally bad when you don't buff for it" is intended to mean is beyond me. If you're incorporating a different type of damage, you'd accommodate for it. Not hard stuff.

You can only take 18 people. taking 4 extra rangers means losing 4 other slots. I don't see how this is feasible for delve boss runs.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-28 15:20:54  

Are you seriously not able to comprehend what I'm saying lol? In what fight would you possibly consider using wildfire over another ranged weapon skill? Please enlighten me. The only one that comes to mind is the giant crab, but even he resists occasionally. I'm not talking about old fights like botulus rex. Nobody cares. And furthermore, you were arguing that wildfire was a hate tool. Yes, it doesn't accumulate much enmity, but in what situation is that useful? i.e. In what situation (or what mob) would using wildfire over last stand be useful.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-28 15:22:09  
PLD PLD GEO WHM SCH RDM

RNG RNG RNG PUP BRD COR

RNG RNG RNG PUP BRD COR

Don't see the problem
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-28 15:22:52  
And why is it that you two are honing in on the borderline irrelevant aspects of my posts? Those enmity calculations were not based on Wildfire use
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-05-28 15:29:00  
just went out and tested it. mule slept mob > raist with decoy shot up > gets behind mob > last stand = raist has hate.

I don't see how I could possibly be doing it wrong, I was THF main for years, so i'm aware of what 'behind' party member is....idk, everything i've seen says decoy shot doesn't work for WS
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-28 15:32:47  
If it's irrelevant then why did you respond to it.

Quote:

PLD PLD GEO WHM SCH RDM

RNG RNG RNG PUP BRD COR

RNG RNG RNG PUP BRD COR

Don't see the problem

They have hate reset, so good luck with that setup if the RNGs are all spamming last stand.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-05-28 15:34:12  
Anyone care to share what Annihilator barrage sets you're using for the newer content, sadly I usually end up with no buffs unless I say something..

And Helel, do you plan on making a KC set in the guide? :D
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-05-28 15:35:50  
PLD PLD GEO WHM SCH RDM

RNG RNG RNG PUP BRD COR

RNG RNG RNG PUP BRD COR

Don't see the problem

you are proposing to take more RNG to do the same DPS relic can? Do we both agree relic does more dmg and gets less hate? Groups are struggling to KILL in time, and you are proposing they get rid of /war and all that DMG gives, and swap to /drg. I'm not saying you are wrong, but until I see the numbers (sometime next week), I highly doubt it. Also they take more hate. This is solved by spreading the damage across more rangers, but only a couple groups can kill in first place? (unless i'm mistaken). Losing the extra slots to get what you had with less, seems counter-productive. I'm sure Ccl's group didn't take 4 leeches who did nothing.

If you don't see the problem, why not go and try it with that setup?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-28 15:36:40  
I was under the impression that it did function for ranged WS, but in the event that it does not- and using a figure that probably grossly overestimates your TP:WS split- it still affords you an additional ~11,000 damage per instance at the CE ceiling

In summary, a non-relic RNG using Last Stand could deal ~71,000 damage before reaching the ceiling, and then High Jump for an additional ~15,000 damage every 2 minutes
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-28 15:37:09  
Lakshmi.Zaps said: »
so, assuming /war or /drg (aka not /sam) here are the sets i have available to me right now for delve. Someone please tear them apart =D

TP
ItemSet 251828

Namas
ItemSet 251827

For the Bee I would swap in Trailer kukri, Hajduk Ring, Seiryu's Kote.

I use a full ACC setup (don't even worry about Xhit) and don't come close to capped ACC on the Bee. You probably will also have SAMroll and/or regain roll.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-28 15:38:23  
They have hate reset, so good luck with that setup if the RNGs are all spamming last stand.

Ignoring that the enmity resets are single-target, are you even reading my posts? I'm telling you exactly how much damage a non-relic RNG can deal before enmity becomes a concern
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-28 15:38:37  
Bismarck.Raistlinratt said: »
PLD PLD GEO WHM SCH RDM

RNG RNG RNG PUP BRD COR

RNG RNG RNG PUP BRD COR

Don't see the problem

you are proposing to take more RNG to do the same DPS relic can? Do we both agree relic does more dmg and gets less hate? Groups are struggling to KILL in time, and you are proposing they get rid of /war and all that DMG gives, and swap to /drg. I'm not saying you are wrong, but until I see the numbers (sometime next week), I highly doubt it. Also they take more hate. This is solved by spreading the damage across more rangers, but only a couple groups can kill in first place? (unless i'm mistaken). Losing the extra slots to get what you had with less, seems counter-productive. I'm sure Ccl's group didn't take 4 leeches who did nothing.

The groups winning are using RNG/DRG
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-28 15:39:53  
There is close to no testing on NA side and I'm lazy so I won't look for my number, but rng relic ws have a huge racc boost(about 100 for namas/ 40-60 for coro), since you're not capping racc on those, you want to use those ws anyway.

If you don't believe me, go test server, bow sam, pop morta do 100 namas then do 100 apex.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-28 15:40:18  
you are proposing to take more RNG to do the same DPS relic can? Do we both agree relic does more dmg and gets less hate?

Of course I agreed; I expressly stated what my responses were in regard to

The problem is that most linkshells don't have a handful of relic RNG at their disposal. I'm proposing an alternative
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-05-28 15:42:25  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
PLD PLD GEO WHM SCH RDM

RNG RNG RNG PUP BRD COR

RNG RNG RNG PUP BRD COR

Don't see the problem

The groups winning are using RNG/DRG

not all the groups with wins are doing RNG/DRG
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 130 131 132