フォーラム » Windower » General » Lua Addon Ideas
Lua Addon Ideas
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 28 29 30
 Asura.Capgames
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Capgames 2022-06-14 14:18:59  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
This is a link to the single_player.lua : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cwmuqgonrixb16/single_player.lua?dl=0

It is pretty simple, so open it up and see the two configuration options.

Put it in gearswap/data and load it in your user file like you would organizer. I will probably release it as a standalone addon in the coming weeks if people are interested, but I am on vacation right now and am not by my computer.

so i tried this, its nice, but could not toggle on or off, error, Line31 attempt to call global 'split' (a nil value)

it would also be nice to not render players that is not in your party/alliance, sorry I misunderstood your question earlier, was at work and had many things on my mind
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-06-16 09:53:07  
Macro Que Addon - Macros now initiate in a Que Order following Animation windows

As in I hit 1 macro and then the next but I am slowed down waiting for the animation to almost complete itself attempting to chain link casting animations which doesn’t always work. So you end up w/ command errors or sluggish response times waiting too long.

If Macros would only activate when allowed to rather than when you press them then we could string together Macro presses w/ ease rather than feeling like we being forced to jump through hoops. Is this even possible to be remedied or something that SE themselves would need to address?
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2022-06-16 10:22:32  
Is there anything that exists like the Temps addon but for Abyssea? Would just be a tiny QoL thing to auto reinfuse previous atmas and enhancements. Figure someone here might know
 Asura.Shua
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2022-06-16 14:27:30  
LS Mate recently requested this, an addon that will export your entire characters inventory (all slots, Wardrobes / Cases / Locker / Safe, ect)

He wants to be able to view his entire inventory at once.

Is there anything that could export this information via text file?

Thanks in advance !
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-16 14:45:41  
Asura.Shua said: »
LS Mate recently requested this, an addon that will export your entire characters inventory (all slots, Wardrobes / Cases / Locker / Safe, ect)

He wants to be able to view his entire inventory at once.

Is there anything that could export this information via text file?

Thanks in advance !

Findall generates a list somewhere that might be useable for this purpose
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-16 14:51:09  
Altanaview does this.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2022-06-16 16:05:49  
Gearswap can do it (kinda) with //gs export all

atom0s has a program called baggage but requires a donation.
[+]
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2022-06-16 22:05:58  
Any addon that allows you to change your char name to whatever you want client side? Thx.
By Draylo 2022-06-16 22:08:22  
Someone already did one after they claimed that one streamer got banned for using addons on stream (highly doubt that happened, like 99% chance it didnt.) I forget the name of it tho
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-06-16 22:19:35  
Draylo said: »
Someone already did one after they claimed that one streamer got banned for using addons on stream (highly doubt that happened, like 99% chance it didnt.) I forget the name of it tho
https://github.com/lili-ffxi/FFXI-Addons/tree/master/witnessprotection
[+]
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2022-06-17 08:15:27  
Thank you, Chiaia, but is there an addon where I can select the name? Because of server merges I lost my original name, Skye. Was hoping for my own play experience there was an addon where I could see "Skye" instead of "Skyekitty", even though it would only be superficial.

Thanks!
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2022-06-17 08:18:32  
Disregard, I didn't see the line about assigning, thought this was only random. Awesome, thank you!
By Lederic 2022-06-24 18:08:50  
Is there an addon that will detect certain words in yell and play an alert if detected?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shua
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2022-06-24 18:24:43  
Lederic said: »
Is there an addon that will detect certain words in yell and play an alert if detected?

Kinda sounds like ChatMon.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-27 12:14:26  
It would be great if we had a working party finder system.
Or a way to show you are looking for something to do while doing something else. Looking for ambu while doing an Einherjar?

Seacoms are great and all but I don't think they are used by most players.
People ignore shouts these days, unless you are @3-4

I never figured out how to use the request system or red party flag.

---
If we had something similar to the party finder system on 14 in spirit I feel it would improve experiences for everyone.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2022-06-27 14:33:41  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Or a way to show you are looking for something to do while doing something else. Looking for ambu while doing an Einherjar?

---
If we had something similar to the party finder system on 14 in spirit I feel it would improve experiences for everyone.

Not that I have any clue how to do it, but I'm really surprised nobody has done this yet because holy ***does XI need it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-06-27 15:03:36  

JP groups use seacoms extensively for organizing content.

While I agree in principle that this would be a great system to have in the game, I think the practical limitations would be very hard to overcome. Players would need to use an addon to connect to a third-party server (a la Guildwork) and only people using the addon would be in the pool of players it would be able to match.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2022-06-27 15:24:44  

---

It would likely take it's own server to do it, but if anyone has the drive to do it please call it PUGil
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2022-06-27 17:16:51  
Fenrir.Positron said: »

JP groups use seacoms extensively for organizing content.

While I agree in principle that this would be a great system to have in the game, I think the practical limitations would be very hard to overcome. Players would need to use an addon to connect to a third-party server (a la Guildwork) and only people using the addon would be in the pool of players it would be able to match.

I don't think that's really an issue, people have been introduced to the concept in pretty much any other game (particulary MMOs) made after FFXI came out, and I'm of the mind that if you give people a system like that, and it is well-built, they will make use of it.
VIP
By Lili 2022-06-27 17:27:05  
Asura.Daleterrence said: »
I don't think that's really an issue, people have been introduced to the concept in pretty much any other game (particulary MMOs) made after FFXI came out, and I'm of the mind that if you give people a system like that, and it is well-built, they will make use of it.

There is a *significant* portion of players, at every level of hardcoreness, that do not and do not want to use windower or ashita, or other third party tools.

The alternative would be to make this into a website, which is significantly more complex than making it into an addon.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-27 17:58:16  
There are, but if people using the addon are getting a higher proportion of invites to content, that will incentivize more and more people to use it. You don't need to have everyone participate in such a system to make it useful for those that are using it.
[+]
By Aliekber 2022-06-27 17:59:47  
How about an add-on that makes every ??? visible with a sparkly effect (like Mining Points)? I know SE has these in more recent content, but unless I'm mistaken, none of the old storyline content (for example) has them.

(This may already exist, but if so, I wasn't able to find it from searching the thread.)
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2022-06-27 23:46:36  
Aliekber said: »
How about an add-on that makes every ??? visible with a sparkly effect (like Mining Points)? I know SE has these in more recent content, but unless I'm mistaken, none of the old storyline content (for example) has them.

(This may already exist, but if so, I wasn't able to find it from searching the thread.)

Someone is working on an addon that does this.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-06-28 05:58:35  
Asura.Geriond said: »
There are, but if people using the addon are getting a higher proportion of invites to content, that will incentivize more and more people to use it. You don't need to have everyone participate in such a system to make it useful for those that are using it.

I do not disagree that it would be useful, but I have issues with anything that fosters division between people who use windower and people who do not. Last thing I want is for players to start telling members again "ah you need to use this addon otherwise we won't play with you", overtly or not.
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2022-06-28 12:31:28  
Lili said: »
Asura.Daleterrence said: »

There is a *significant* portion of players, at every level of hardcoreness, that do not and do not want to use windower or ashita, or other third party tools.

The alternative would be to make this into a website, which is significantly more complex than making it into an addon.

I find that very surprising, personally. I don't believe I've met anyone in a long time that is playing the game completely vanilla that is aware that things like Windower and Ashita exist. Not to say that I'm doubting you of course, I'm sure you wouldn't say it otherwise.
By Tanag 2022-06-28 13:25:05  
It wouldn't shock me if there were a few holier-than-thou type players out there who decry all addons and think they play better than people that use them.
They gotta be pretty rare at this point though. Especially at end game.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 28 29 30