Lua Addon Ideas
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-04-11 10:42:30  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
Do we have a "hello world" of windower lua plugins?
Stick this:
Quote:
write('hello world')
in Windower4\addons\hello\hello.lua
Then '//lua load hello'.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-04-11 10:58:51  
A DeBuff Tracker would be handy, I would think. One that encompasses both Magic and Job Abilities, and unseen Debuffs that, (I think are static), like the effect from Banish III that lasts for 45seconds.

Although, I'm not sure how you would go about if there are multiple mobs around with the same name, such as for BLU AoE enfeebles, or if you are casting on them all.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-11 11:02:04  
Multiple mobs isn't a problem really. The problem is that SE doesn't tell your client what debuffs are active on the monsters. You can almost-perfectly track buffs that you inflict yourself because you get both the "monster1 is slept" and the "monster1's sleep effect wears off message."

However, you cannot track debuffs inflicted by other people very well (no wears off message) or debuffs that are inflicted when you're out of range (no message at all) or debuffs that are inflicted silently (like Herculean Slash's Paralysis).
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-04-11 11:06:09  
Guess I forgot about that. D: Was only thinking about a single player screen and whatever debuffs they cast.
 Bahamut.Keinn
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Keinn 2013-04-11 17:16:54  
Idea: 3rd Eye Helper
Automatically use 3rd eye every time its up if player meets the following criteria
-has Seigan up
-is in auto-attack on an enemy
-is not stone, asleep, stunned, amnesia, or anything that would prevent 3rd eye use.
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-04-11 17:24:01  
Bahamut.Keinn said: »
Idea: 3rd Eye Helper
Automatically use 3rd eye every time its up if player meets the following criteria
-has Seigan up
-is in auto-attack on an enemy
-is not stone, asleep, stunned, amnesia, or anything that would prevent 3rd eye use.
You could do this with AutoExec already.
 Odin.Cyprias
サーバ: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-04-11 17:55:03  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Would an add-on that displays the current buffs/debuffs on a target be possible.

This would be an interesting idea in my opinion. However, I can see what you would use this for (Ballista!). Since there can be a lot of mobs around just buffing themselves, there may have to be a separate window(similar to what APradar did?) that collects this data so it doesn't overflow the screen.

That, or when you're facing a "current" target, then display the debuff/buff data. It is nice to have both options of current vs all targets, but it does depend on what event you're doing.

EX: Einherjar, SCH/RDM Manifestation grav's a bunch of mobs. Then you'll receive a flood of data saying x amount of mobs are inflicted with weight.

Something to think about I guess. Possibly a starting point to doing this type of add-on.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-04-11 19:50:56  
I'm not sure if there is a place to report this elsewhere but as for the bm2, error messages displayed whenever Erase was cast on/by me. A similar message also displayed when gears used Restoral.
.../event_action.lua:111 attempt to concatenate a nil value.
111 & 216

Additionally it looks like my chat filters don't work, but I love the delayless output. It's great seeing skillchain damage for once without BMN!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-11 20:07:15  
Download it again and the problems should be fixed.
 Valefor.Clairefox
サーバ: Valefor
user: Clairefox
By Valefor.Clairefox 2013-04-12 08:00:27  
Idea: Pricer addon? Matches an item in your inventory/treasure pool with the going rates here on AH.

Used to use XI-Util, but it doesn't seem to work anymore :/
I'm trying to learn lua but am having a tougher time at it then when I learned xml, but hopefully I can help with this stuff one day >_<;
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-12 09:02:22  
Valefor.Clairefox said: »
Idea: Pricer addon? Matches an item in your inventory/treasure pool with the going rates here on AH.

Used to use XI-Util, but it doesn't seem to work anymore :/
I'm trying to learn lua but am having a tougher time at it then when I learned xml, but hopefully I can help with this stuff one day >_<;

I'm 99% sure there's a reason pricer isn't an addon or plugin... can't remember that reason though...
By Ophannus 2013-04-12 09:18:18  
GearCollector for BLU spells. I know Ashita has ImmortalLion but something that can be used that's more streamlined and would be compatible with Windower would be godly ftw.
[+]
 Valefor.Surivere
By Valefor.Surivere 2013-04-12 09:26:10  
Going to be difficult, but i'd like to see one for Voidwatch Procs.

But not just any regular old thing, i want it to pick up on chatlog text for procs too. For instance when someone mentions a proc in /p or when you get a hint yourself.

When for instance it's "nv Sword", have it list remaining procs after it reads a weaponskill being used by both yourself or an alliance member that didnt trigger anything.

Naturally you should be able to easily set filters for the job you have yourself and your own weapons, perhaps set to what you currently have equipped.

Trigger words shouldnt be that difficult, it's basicly (v and nv being used together) (hv) (1 3 or 5) along with shorthand of the things too, such as Marksmanship triggering along with Mark or marks, and Great sword along with GS.

Think i saw a Voidwatch thing already, but havent tried it. I dont think it's like what i'm imagining though.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-12 09:36:32  
Ophannus said: »
GearCollector for BLU spells. I know Ashita has ImmortalLion but something that can be used that's more streamlined and would be compatible with Windower would be godly ftw.

It's being worked on.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-12 10:00:00  
Currently there isn't an icon that depicts you having indicolure spells up on GEO, so I'm wondering if a lua plugin that shows how long you have on indi- spells before they wear off could be possible.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-12 21:13:23  
CellHelpv2

Add the ability to load a settings file to dictate lot order. This way cells will be autolotted/passed based on who has received their cell so far.

My programming is rusty, but I might look into this if nobody else is interested.

[Completed]
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-04-13 07:58:50  
So with bm2 I'm still getting lots of errors of the same nature with various numbers. Anytime paralysis is supposed to proc there will be an attempt to concatenate a nil value error. Also, Blade Bash displayed as Hexa Strike. I joined a reive and was pretty much bombarded with errors from various #s. Would it be helpful to collect the numbers for you?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-13 08:15:14  
This depends on how old your version is. With my current version (same link as before), I haven't seen any nil concat errors.
By Miico 2013-04-13 08:21:25  
Looking at some of the examples of addons and it looks like most of them are mostly related to personal timers and input as opposed to system so it doesn't seem like this would be possible but i thought i'd throw it out there as it could be a really helpful tool. It'd be really awesome if there were a besieged notification addon! Reive would be nice as well but thinking logically I couldn't see how you could get that data. Especially if you're not even in the zone. Besieged, I thought, may be possible since it's something in our actual menu.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-04-13 08:21:30  
any chance for a lua plugin that displays invisible people so I can /follow myself with alts easier? :(

etc
 Asura.Izilder
サーバ: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-13 09:10:48  
ranger plugin

1. Displays ammo used/left
2. perhaps unpacks and equips more
3. Displays when you're in/out "sweet spot" (gun or bow) on a mob - this is handy when you want damage on screen only and the fact that scoreboard can still parse with filters on now is a bonus
 Cerberus.Keyoku
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2013-04-13 09:13:19  
Asura.Fondue said: »
any chance for a lua plugin that displays invisible people so I can /follow myself with alts easier? :(

I just recently had a ls mate saying the same thing and was kinda surprised. Have you never tried using your Alt, locking target onto your main and then auto-running into your main? That'll let you follow any invisible target. Just have to make sure you lock on target and you're good.

Edit: For clarification: Target your main and hit the key that locks you onto that target. I'm using the small keyboard setting (w/e that's called) and for me that key is H, if that helps at all. (Well, no matter which settings you're using, should be the same key you have to hit to get your log to be fullscreen.)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Fartaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Fartaru 2013-04-14 11:49:53  
Here's an idea, and if someone is doing it already let me know, otherwise I'll do this myself.

In the chat log, whenever we multi-attack it shows up as multiple lines. I was thinking instead changing the chat log to say "Fartaru attacks 5 times for 1300 damage".

Possibly some other contractions as well, something to make the chat log more concise.

Any thoughts?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-14 11:59:01  
Bismarck.Fartaru said: »
Here's an idea, and if someone is doing it already let me know, otherwise I'll do this myself.

In the chat log, whenever we multi-attack it shows up as multiple lines. I was thinking instead changing the chat log to say "Fartaru attacks 5 times for 1300 damage".

Possibly some other contractions as well, something to make the chat log more concise.

Any thoughts?

Check out battlemod. It doesn't condense hits into one line yet, but people have suggested it.
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2013-04-14 18:41:15  
might not be too special, but how about a Stagger Tracker for Dynamis, that starts a 30 second timer once a stagger is detected, so someone could be ready to stun, or WS once the mob un staggers? idk just an idea.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-16 21:53:29  
2 things.

Could you encourage all addon developers to put in a description of what their addon is intended to do?

My idea for an addon - not sure how feasible this is.. a //command to save your macros/map markers so that a program crash doesn't lose all of them. Pretty depressing when you've made huge changes.

Also, does Spellcast have a command to print the gearset you're in to a file? It'd be pretty nice if I could type //sc savecurrent and it saves all the gear in proper format to a unique file so that I can be lazier in my sc scripting.. Hopefully this would use the format gear collector desires. ("<hands>Crd. Gauntlets</hands>" rather than "<hands>Creed Gauntlets</hands>")

Guess that was 3 things.
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2013-04-16 22:20:06  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
2 things.

Could you encourage all addon developers to put in a description of what their addon is intended to do?

My idea for an addon - not sure how feasible this is.. a //command to save your macros/map markers so that a program crash doesn't lose all of them. Pretty depressing when you've made huge changes.

Also, does Spellcast have a command to print the gearset you're in to a file? It'd be pretty nice if I could type //sc savecurrent and it saves all the gear in proper format to a unique file so that I can be lazier in my sc scripting.. Hopefully this would use the format gear collector desires. ("<hands>Crd. Gauntlets</hands>" rather than "<hands>Creed Gauntlets</hands>")

Guess that was 3 things.

//sc exportgear NAME.xml will do it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-18 20:41:12  
Lakshmi.Reddwarf said: »
might not be too special, but how about a Stagger Tracker for Dynamis, that starts a 30 second timer once a stagger is detected, so someone could be ready to stun, or WS once the mob un staggers? idk just an idea.
I have a version of this completed, but I have only been able to test using /echo.

If anyone is able to do a test run while in dynamis, please let me know.
By Dantedmc 2013-04-18 21:01:48  
Is it possible to have statustimer "reset" when a buff is reapplied? Unsure if there is already a way to do this.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29