Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-03-22 15:10:24  
For pure damage; I can't get dual wield axe+ ruinator beating Galka GS even in uncapped attack situation
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-23 04:11:45  
Asura.Ccl said: »
For pure damage; I can't get dual wield axe+ ruinator beating Galka GS even in uncapped attack situation

Were you using two axes or main hand axe and offhand sword? There is rarely a reason to have an axe in your off hand, you only need to MH it to get access to Ruinator. And when you say "attack uncapped" how much are you talking about? Reso is -15% attack while Ruin is +35%, that is a huge difference. To put it another way, I used to farm merits / sparks while dualboxing WAR + WHM. 119/117 axes did better DPS then WAR/SAM Gaxe/Gswd with my only external buff being haste. The skill difference is only 36, which in this age of very large numbers isn't much at all. On most things non-serous you'd be capping acc anyway but also far from atk cap.

Main hand this
Emxgha

Off hand this
Usonmunku

And you should be good to go.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-23 10:54:37  
Hmmm. I'm in the same place as Ccl here I think. I'm just not getting AXE/Sword ahead of Tunglmyrvi. There's not a big gap or anything. But GS is still ahead.

I've gone as low as 0.8 ratio and as high as 1.7 in TP gear(Ruinator still upcapped atk here, so none of its atk bonus is being wasted). Doesn't seem to matter I'm still getting GS ahead.

Maybe the dualwield set I'm using is non optimal? Then again, I dunno that the GS set is either.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-23 12:24:51  
I'll plug in more data latter. Ruin and Reso should be using nearly identical WS sets, the only difference would be the neck / waist. Which target and whats your hit rate? Also /SAM hasso or /DRK LR? Personally I've started to say away from /SAM due to what it does to cast / recast but to each his own. Gonna plug some date in and see where I get.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-23 13:03:55  
Well, atm I'm looking purely at DD. Not terribly concerned with the casting/recast penalty for this instance.

/SAM. Hasso.
vs
/NIN.

RCB on both.

I've gone through range of targets and buffs. Mostly kept acc capped on both.

Targets:Chapuli, delve fodder, tojil
buffs(checked again on each target)nothing but haste. Marchx2, Minuetx2, then added chaos roll.
Anywhere from 10%~50% def down on tojil

Sets.
Greatsword sets
Dualwield sets
These sets are just thrown together. There maybe better options I'm unaware of. And in some cases the gap between GS and axe/sword was small enough that just slightly better gear could have flipped them. Also, I don't have augments on axe/sword, since I dunno what the augs are. <,<

But in the situations I checked using these sets, axe never pulled ahead.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-23 13:24:39  
Something is weird in the spreedsheet. Average hits per hand is screwed up for DW. Has 1.087 for Main and 1.259 for off with 1.309 for the GS. Sheet is using LCF apparently even if the monster is SoA, have to adjust their level to 99.

I used a more realistic situation of SV march x 2 + min (3 song brd) with Dia II on Tojil (just to display attack difference). I wish I had shark information since that would be better but the spreadsheet doesn't apply the -35% attack so it's a pretty solid guess at the Delve MB you'd take Run to in a 6 man. Getting Axe/Sword and GS almost equal even with that discrepancy and not knowing the mods. From the guess on other melee weapons I'd say the mods were Atk +12 STR +12 DMG +5 vs Acc+12 DEX +12 DMG +5. Not sure if the acc or atk would be the better path since Rank C isn't that great for Axe and Sword.

Also the big difference is the 10% JA haste from Hasso stacking which makes sense. LR provides a better boost but only for a 3m duration thought the spreadsheet is doing something weird with it as it enabling it barely moves the damage line. When I removed the super songs and just used haste (me dualboxing or low manning something evasive with mad's / ect..) DW jumped way past GS. Applied just 2 march +5's (NQ relic BRD) vs fodder and the DW ends up equal but depends on food and exact target. Ruin ends up doing ~40% more damage then reso but Hasso with capped magic and gear haste makes you swing so much faster.

So what I get is super buffed zerg mode Crobaci +2 GS + /SAM rules (no WS augment since it's first hit only). After that it favors Ruin /NIN (NQ pug BRD Skirmish / ect..). The worse your support the more Axe pulls up, which is what I originally targeted it for. It's why I use it on WAR whenever I'm XP farming while dual boxing WHM. Also pay attention to accuracy, "the best" gear whenever your being super buffed isn't the best when your not. Wish I knew the stats on the newer Skirmish mobs, would use them as a baseline.

Edit:
Decided to say f*ck it and augment path A. Kinda weak but good enough for government work. Atk+10 STr+7 DMG+3.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-03-23 14:55:05  
can /dnc and have 5% JA haste; and only thing you need is a brd to make /sam better for dmg.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-23 15:07:10  
can /dnc and have 5% JA haste; and only thing you need is a brd to make /sam better for dmg.

DWIII still better, +10% is that good as it stacks with other DW the same as haste. That and it doesn't take 35TP away from you every 90s. I get RUN/NIN better with NQ +4 song BRD, the kind you get from shouts or the "hey I have BRD leveled!" reply in LS. The whole purpose of using Axe's is to get access to high potency WS for when your not being buffed. Slowing down your WS rate to increase your melee damage ends up being counterproductive, also your a RUN, you have the same problem RDM's do with /DNC.

The target I'm using is
Level 99 (no LCF in SoA)
Defense: 800
Evasion: 800
AGI:150
VIT:150
Def Down: 0% (nm's will have it but not regular mobs)

I figure this approximates the things you'll be fighting inside Outer Ra'Kaznar or random SoA area's. If I had better stats for XP/CP level mobs since that's what the average RUN might be doing without HQ super BRD support. The evasion is probably too high but things in SoA definitely have a ton more defense then outside.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-03-23 15:17:13  
This might help for a harder target.

Serac Rabbit
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-03-23 15:24:42  
I have /dnc better than /nin on spreadsheet.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-23 15:43:52  
I have /dnc better than /nin on spreadsheet.

Because you didn't check to see exactly what it's doing. /DNC gives you a "free" 5% JA Haste, it doesn't account for the 35 TP you have to spend every 90s or so. It also doesn't account for you not being able to use runes due to them overwriting Samba effect, just like RDM's enspells did. Samba's and RUN don't play well together.

Quote:
This might help for a harder target.

Serac Rabbit

Thanks, that's a bit on the high end though, no way your hurting that thing without hunters, mads and sushi. It does confirm what I've expected that mobs have about as much evasion as they do defense, so my 800:800 wasn't such a bad target for average "whatever" stuff.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-03-23 15:47:18  
pssssh who care about usin rune on rune fencer!

Also I have brutal+suppa > those 7% dual wield earring. Anything else with dual wield that run can use beside patentia ?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-23 15:52:10  
thurandaut hat, but doubt it's worth using thurandaut/twilight over whirlpool/windbuffet
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-23 15:55:41  
Can actually use Cetl with thurandaut now, a bit better.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-23 16:04:22  
Quote:
Also I have brutal+suppa > those 7% dual wield earring. Anything else with dual wield that run can use beside patentia ?

Thaud +1 hat is 5% DW and 1% Haste but then you'd have to use a haste belt. I figured Brutal + Suppa would be better, I just haven't spent time inputing suppa into the gear list. Also I have Crobaci +2 beating out the other GS's (haven't put in the two new ones though). DMG:268 Delay:501 Acc+10 Atk+26 (mine has WS DMG but we're ignoring that). What's good about the Crobaci is that you really don't need to use much sTP to get to a 6-hit, as /SAM it's practically free with what you'd be using anyway. You could get a 5-hit but you'd have to sacrifice too much multi-attack.

This has all been discussing pure offensive so far and I think I gotta mention that Utsusemi with Inspiration is really sick. /SAM really is for when your being fully supported and don't have to worry about casting anything. DW is for any situation where you wouldn't want to be /SAM though /DRK is really useful for tanking with inspiration Flash, Stun and Foil.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-23 16:05:36  
DW earring set should be better if you have marches and samba as well as if your accuracy is uncapped, though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-23 16:17:30  
I get 558.93 for Brutal + Suppa vs 557.77 for Set earring with two +4 march's. Any samba you get is from someone else as it won't work with your own runes active nor does the spreadsheet take into account the lower WS frequency from -35TP every 90s.

I'm very careful which check box's I enable when doing gear sets, 99 relic BRD's are still annoyingly rare these days. Most are going to be +3 song (AH and Emp legs) BRD's who've skilled up post abyssea leveling. They can do random content but not anything dangerous. And don't get me started on COR's who don't know how to roll.

In all honestly I don't think Ruinator deserves more then 1 merit. You still get most of the benefits in the situation it's useful in without needing to sink 5 WS merits into something that's targeted at non-optimal setups. Resolution should definitely be brought to 5/5, Requiescat at 1/5 unless you play BLU, then it's 5/5 anyway.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-03-23 16:52:59  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
DW earring set should be better if you have marches and samba as well as if your accuracy is uncapped, though.

I can't reproduce that if you don't need the acc.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-03-24 04:01:10  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
What's good about the Crobaci is that you really don't need to use much sTP to get to a 6-hit, as /SAM it's practically free with what you'd be using anyway. You could get a 5-hit but you'd have to sacrifice too much multi-attack.

Speaking of x-hit GS builds, anyone use any good TP setups with Bloodrain Strap, /SAM or otherwise? It looks so shiny but I'm finding it pretty hard to work into my sets in practice. I'm using a Tungl now (489 delay), so a little worse for x-hit potential than the 501 on Crobaci, but interested in seeing people's sets for either.

As for /DNC, I use it sometimes but mainly just when I'm messing around and more for Accuracy Bonus trait(EDIT: Thanks Saevel), Spectral Jigs, and Waltzes. Sambas are unfortunately kind of a waste with RUN as Saevel pointed out.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-24 05:23:11  
RUN gets its own acc bonus I thought? I use blood grip when I am /DRK for 6-hit. It let's me we with 11 stp and makes a 6-hit with 4 hits on reso pretty easy. I really wish RUN was on the heavy gear, it has so much more stp. Are qaaxo hands path B now the best hands?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-03-24 12:51:02  
RUN gets its own acc bonus I thought?

Oh yeah, you're right looks like it goes up to Acc Bonus III. Same as DNC main, and DNC sub only gets tier I. Guess that can be safely crossed off my list of reasons, Waltzes are still helpful though (as are Jigs for maximum laziness).

Quote:
I use blood grip when I am /DRK for 6-hit. It let's me we with 11 stp and makes a 6-hit with 4 hits on reso pretty easy. I really wish RUN was on the heavy gear, it has so much more stp. Are qaaxo hands path B now the best hands?

I get where you're coming from on stp, but on the other hand... think of how jealous we make other 2handers with some of the multi-hit stuff RUN can use (Epona's, Thaumas Coat, Windbuffet, etc.)

Qaaxo do look like the best TP hands, but remember that path A are no slouch either depending on your acc needs (and they still get a pretty healthy chunk of acc on the base hands). Seems like it should depend on the target and what you're doing with RUN - i.e. the PDT on path B is pretty nifty too when you're taking physical damage.

Path A: Att +15, Eva +15, DA +2
Path B: Acc +15, STR +7, PDT -3
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-24 16:10:52  
Yeah going path A on those. If I need acc I can always fit it in other slots easily enough.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-24 16:19:58  
I doubt I'd chose dnc over nin in any situation now that there's Pulse as well.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-03-25 15:46:12  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I doubt I'd chose dnc over nin in any situation now that there's Pulse as well.

I think Trust has done more damage to /DNC than any alternate subjob, since /DNC was really at its best when solo before and now if you're truly solo you can get competent enough healing from Trust NPCs.

Still not sure I'd rely on Pulse alone for healing if I thought I'd take any significant damage, a Cure III equivalent a minute isn't that great.

Nothing against /NIN, it's definitely a viable option where shadows help and the DW boost is nice. I just don't know that it's really a 1-to-1 match for the kinds of situations you might have considered /DNC for. You'd have to be pretty damn sure shadows would be up a lot and able to absorb damage, and losing DoT due to Utsu recast has always been annoying - maybe not far off from DoT lost in spending some TP on Waltzes. Healing Waltz could be a consideration too if you're running into annoying status effects.

If anything, the sub that I was using more often as a /DNC replacement recently has been /RDM. A lot of little things that help: Haste (was a pretty big deal for solo until very recently with the addition of a Trust mage who casts it), Magic Attack Bonus II, Sneak/Invis, some emergency Cure III/IV, Convert if I need MP, etc.

For "serious" content, if I'm ever able to use RUN I tend to either default to /SAM or consider /NIN if it's Utsu-appropriate content.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-25 16:09:34  
Pulse is enough cause you have shadows. And if it isn't then it's probably something you shouldn't solo. As dnc you can use waltz more often, but also need it more often *shrug*
Mage sub sure works too, I used that when I went farming colonization reives without a support.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-25 16:29:21  
would sub WHM before RDM. status removal > MAB and Convert. anything else you'd get from RDM sub is native to RUN anyway
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-25 16:31:52  
I realized I needed whm mainly when I noticed that people are *** and never raise you!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-26 04:08:05  
Pulse and your own Regen IV is what keeps your HP up. And if your "solo" then you usually have trust NPC's that give you base march's and cure's. I think the newest WHM even casts haste.

And yes /WHM >>>> /RDM for true solo work, I'd even place /SCH over /RDM due to what LA does for white magic heals. Being able to remove paralyze, plague, curse and anything erasable is a god send. I try not to use Cure IV and instead rely on Regen and VP.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-03-26 13:41:35  
Pulse and your own Regen IV is what keeps your HP up. And if your "solo" then you usually have trust NPC's that give you base march's and cure's. I think the newest WHM even casts haste.

And yes /WHM >>>> /RDM for true solo work, I'd even place /SCH over /RDM due to what LA does for white magic heals. Being able to remove paralyze, plague, curse and anything erasable is a god send. I try not to use Cure IV and instead rely on Regen and VP.

/sch + weather -> helix spells with lunge build is mighty sweet...
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-03-27 13:22:23  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
would sub WHM before RDM. status removal > MAB and Convert. anything else you'd get from RDM sub is native to RUN anyway
I think the newest WHM even casts haste.

Unless you're fighting something without status effects (I have a few Adoulin exp/spark solo camps with mobs that don't do any status effects of note)... then /WHM doesn't really add a lot and MAB would be a more significant benefit. I'd kind of play lazy with /RDM too and just spend my MP on Haste/Phalanx and maybe Foil until it ran out without worrying about refresh, then Convert it back when needed for little downtime.

Of course, I guess I see all of this as ultimately irrelevant and now I view /WHM /RDM /DNC as all sort of outdated subs. Cherukiki casting haste was the final nail in the coffin, since now if you're solo you can just rely on Trust for haste, status removal, cures, and BRD buffs. If you're 2boxing and not "true" solo, again you should have your magey things covered without needing to use your own subjob. If I am with other players, I'm usually either with an actual mage or not on RUN myself.

So why not just RUN/DD it up and maximize kill speed? /SAM, /WAR, /DRK, maybe /NIN... I get the idea that /NIN helps with shadows+DW3, though personally I don't do a lot of DW on RUN yet (don't have good DW axe/swords) and I'd rather not waste time with shadows if my Trust/2box/other players can comfortably keep me alive. (not talking about content that's more reliant on being sure you have shadows up to eat really nasty moves, but that tends to be stuff that's probably not a great idea to solo anyway)

kenshynofshiva said: »
/sch + weather -> helix spells with lunge build is mighty sweet...
/SCH sounds particularly interesting if you're using the 119 Marjami GS... Probably less so if not, are you really finding better Lunge/Swipe with /SCH to outweigh the constant DD benefits of other more traditional DD subs?
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 188 189 190