Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Xelnok
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2018-04-10 21:41:46  
I just came back after about 1.5 years without playing and I am wanting to try and use my RUN in endgame events. I have an augmented Aettir, -50PDT, etc, but I only have 20 job points, so I'm kinda hesitant to even try and tank ambuscade until I get some more.

What is the best way to go about getting job points on run? Are there any style CP parties that a RUN can work with?
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2018-04-10 21:52:10  
Pull in a AoE reisjuma burn pt. You have ground strike so you can open for a cors leaden salute darkness sc at apex.
By sleepstudy 2018-04-11 13:08:22  
Hey everyone, this is a wonderful guide. I am recent returning player after about 2 years. I played RUN before leaving, and I have a fair amount of I119 gear including empy / relic / artifact armor and a fully upgraded Aeitter....what I am looking for, beyond gear, is tactics....like any tips of the trade or orders of using abilities / spells. Must use spells. When to use the spells. How to keep hate on RUN and what SJs / JAs to do for it. When is the best time to use RUN JAs? Which JAs are best to use, since some are similar

Any help, information or tactics / strategy is appreciated. It seems like i forgot it all when i came back lol.

thanks!
By Staleyx 2018-04-11 13:20:32  
Quote:
What is the best way to go about getting job points on run? Are there any style CP parties that a RUN can work with?

Run can do well in a apex party if its burst style or non burst style. In reisen you can make a aoe burning party or just run around kill your own mob style. When starting out its slow but you have to start somewhere.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-04-11 13:26:28  
Quote:
Hey everyone, this is a wonderful guide. I am recent returning player after about 2 years. I played RUN before leaving, and I have a fair amount of I119 gear including empy / relic / artifact armor and a fully upgraded Aeitter....what I am looking for, beyond gear, is tactics....like any tips of the trade or orders of using abilities / spells. Must use spells. When to use the spells. How to keep hate on RUN and what SJs / JAs to do for it. When is the best time to use RUN JAs? Which JAs are best to use, since some are similar

Any help, information or tactics / strategy is appreciated. It seems like i forgot it all when i came back lol.

thanks!

Pop mob,Flash/Foil whenever its up. Same for jettatura,sheep song,soporific,blank gaze, geist wall etc.

Depending on the mob ofc you want to alter the resist runes etc. Stagger usage of wards depending on when you need them. I suggest watching this video made by ruau.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFI3HxceVdA
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-04-11 13:44:46  
If participating in a zerg style fight and you are tanking a super revit temp item comes in handy. You can flash/foil/wards/ofa/jett/pop revit and restart ward cycle again
if dds pull hate.
[+]
By sleepstudy 2018-04-11 14:55:57  
thanks so much for the help. I checked out that vide, and it was pretty helpful.
By sleepstudy 2018-04-14 18:33:07  
question on Lunge...

I am working on a set, and where i cant fit in MATK...

should i go with Magic dmg+ ?

Does Macc effect it?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-14 19:51:04  
Lunge and swipe act as magic damage. Mdmg does affect dmg, just not much. Can be resisted so macc does matter.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-04-18 16:06:02  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What are everyone's thoughts on Shadow Ring?

If it wouldn't kill you and the slot is unnecessary otherwise, you could be adding m.eva to resist statuses, more DPS gear, or any other amount of useful stats.

So what DO you all tend to like for rings in a more Meva/resist oriented set?

Lately I've been toying with a set that uses Purity Ring in one slot, and the other either
(a) D.Ring,
(b) Vengeful Ring (for max Meva when I feel safe with a bit less DT-), or
(c) for mobs whose threat is almost completely from a specific element or debuff, the appropriate one of those dual-element element+20/resist specific debuff rings (Wuji, Icecrack, Waterfall, Jwalamukhi)
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-04-18 17:19:55  
I personally don't use rings for meva, I use them to gain tons of DT so that I can stack other slots with meva.

For example, Vengeful Ring has 9 magic evasion. Not a lot.

However, if using a DT/PDT ring in that slot allows you to swap in a piece of Turms+1, let's say hands, while keeping PDT capped, you stand to gain a lot more meva. Even going from the next best option, AF+3 hands, you stand to gain 34 magic evasion. If you're going from Herc Gloves to Turms+1, you're gaining even more meva (+58) just from a single swap.

Either of those swaps will sacrifice less PDT than giving up a PDT ring, and gain you significantly more meva for the trade.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-04-18 23:24:52  
Yeah, that's a sound point. Usually I'm thinking the mega resist/Meva set only for niche situations where I'm really comfortable that I'm fine staying alive and keeping hate even without much DT, but status effects are especially annoying. Pretty rare though, and even then I still tend to go D.Ring. You're probably right that I'd usually be better off just doing my normal DT rings though.

I do still kinda dig the 2 element/debuff resist rings though for occasional use as s a 2nd ring (paired with D.Ring) for mobs that are complete one-trick ponies of a single element/debuff. I know that probably just results in Inventory-4 and I could manage just fine without them with a more normal tanky ring... but I just find them cool.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-19 01:12:15  
For the past year or so my motto has been, "When in doubt, equip Moonlight Ring". It works for everything.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-19 02:25:20  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What are everyone's thoughts on Shadow Ring?

If it wouldn't kill you and the slot is unnecessary otherwise, you could be adding m.eva to resist statuses, more DPS gear, or any other amount of useful stats.

So what DO you all tend to like for rings in a more Meva/resist oriented set?

Lately I've been toying with a set that uses Purity Ring in one slot, and the other either
(a) D.Ring,
(b) Vengeful Ring (for max Meva when I feel safe with a bit less DT-), or
(c) for mobs whose threat is almost completely from a specific element or debuff, the appropriate one of those dual-element element+20/resist specific debuff rings (Wuji, Icecrack, Waterfall, Jwalamukhi)

This is my current meva/absorb set:

ItemSet 355626

For moves/spells that debuff me such as para, slow etc i swap out pieces such as hands/legs/earring that have pure status alignment resist+, i also use a cape with meva/eva +20, meva +10, status alignment resist +10, and i think mnd +20 or hp +60 I'd have to be at my pc to check the last augment though.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-04-19 05:23:48  
Curious, I've been thinking about this for a bit. But does Resist/MEva+ have any effect on Aura debuffs? Granted it's been a while since I played, but I remember trying a test versus Cumhao(sp) (the Ice WKR) and its Paralysis aura still seemed pretty significant.

Direct spells and TP moves are one thing, but Aura's were actually my main concern at the time and I didn't get any significant results and wasn't sure if Resist/MEva did anything for that particular aspect of fights.

P.S. Here's what my resist build looked like at the time:
ItemSet 343532
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-04-19 06:29:05  
Resist/MEVA+ should have an effect as it helped when I did Golden Kist. It lowered the damage of Golden Kist's dia aura during Manafont.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-04-19 09:55:43  
Auras can't be resisted, as far as I know.

Kist's Dia isn't very strong, are you sure it's not because you started resisting poison from Death Trap? That's what really drains your HP on that fight. Magic evasion for resisting poison & stun can save the day.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-19 09:58:56  
Yeah it's Dia aura isn't that much, it's the massive amount of Poison it does from initial and subsequent death traps. Also what kills people is the inability to heal due to the zombie curse status from the aura.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-04-19 12:35:49  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Auras can't be resisted, as far as I know.

Kist's Dia isn't very strong, are you sure it's not because you started resisting poison from Death Trap? That's what really drains your HP on that fight. Magic evasion for resisting poison & stun can save the day.

I had an inkling that Aura's couldn't be resisted but again, that was my main curiosity at the time.

So then, I guess the question is... figuring out a baseline for tenacity and then adding on from there piece by piece?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-04-23 15:28:29  
I've been enjoying the new cape slots on RUN, and the thing that has pleasantly surprised me the most was the PDT-10% I slapped on my DD RUN cape. Really opens up some interesting possibilities for "hybrid" TP sets with a decidedly offensive slant, while still maintaining a TON of PDT. Ayanmo+2 body (which I've always felt is slightly underappreciated for the majority of people without Ashera)/legs/head and Meghanada+2 legs are all pretty solid contenders, with good offensive stats along with strong DT. I also kinda like making one purely defensive swap of D.Ring instead of Epona.

Just throwing a couple sets out there. Pretty good for applications like Dyna[D] farming, Omen floors, weaker NMs that warrant some defense but don't need a full on turtle build, etc. Obviously also adjustable for Lionheart use, Ashera body, tossing in slightly more defense if desired (say, a Loricate+1 or something), etc.

Set 1:
ItemSet 358494
- DT-16%/PDT-18%/PDT II-25% (total PDT-59%)
- Haste+25%, so likely slightly undercapped depending on exact x/1024 values on the gear

Set 2:
ItemSet 358495
- DT-24%/PDT-12%/PDT II-25% (total PDT-61%)
- Loses substantial amount TA/Atk from Adhemar head and Meg+2 legs, but gains more DT- (as opposed to just PDT), some STP from head, and well over haste cap.

On a mostly unrelated note... been using RUN more in Dynamis[D] and I have a hard time deciding whether I'm happy with my rune selection (I just default to 3x Lux, really). I don't really find it worth the time to ever bother swapping for specific trash mobs since they live for such a short time anyway. What's everyone else doing? What about your rune setups for specific midboss/zone boss NMs?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-23 16:27:46  
On that set one, is the head Path D for the 4% PDT? Also a moonlight ring can go in there. I think Loricate is far more DT than the DD/hybrid option so I might opt for that, too. If you do that you can keep a TA augmented herc boots and basically hit PDT cap.

I should be refining my set for exactly this as after Jeuno this week I said I'd go RUN for the next cycle, haven't yet upgraded Ayanmo (don't play the other jobs and have +2 meghanada but Ayanmo clearly wins for TP).
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-04-23 16:36:25  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
On that set one, is the head Path D for the 4% PDT?

Actually it's Path B, which I use on my other light DD jobs... but good call, I totally forgot about the Path D augments. Perhaps worth changing augment for me if I was focused mostly on RUN for a while (IDK if I'm up for buying a second +1 just for this use, since I get tons of use out of that piece on my other jobs - NIN in particular, but I play all the light DDs)

Quote:
I think Loricate is far more DT than the DD/hybrid option so I might opt for that, too.

Yeah, I think that's definitely my first swap to go a little more defense heavy. Maybe even something I'll go with as my default...
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-23 17:03:27  
I have two of those heads because that path D augment is solid. Very high HP and PDT in a slot that until RUN Relic+3 didn't really have a piece made for it. And I play other light armor jobs so it works as a PDT/HP piece for them all. It's hilarious being over 3k HP on non-tank jobs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-23 18:55:03  
Lots of ways to approach RUN hybrid. It's really impressive the options RUN has... I just wish it had more high HP, -DT% and -SIR on pieces for midcast.

If you want to cap at -51% PDT, this is the hybrid set I use when I want to contribute, but not stop tanking significant damage:

ammo="Yamarang",
head="Ayanmo Zucchetto +2",
neck="Loricate Torque +1",
ear1="Odnowa Earring",
ear2="Odnowa Earring +1",
body="Ayanmo Corazza +2",
hands=Herc_DT_hands,
ring1="Defending Ring",
ring2="Gelatinous Ring +1",
back=WS_JSE_back,
waist="Ioskeha Belt",
legs="Meghanada Chausses +2",
feet="Ahosi leggings"

The Herculean gloves have Dex +8, Acc +13, -4% DT.

This set offers...
-24% DT
-19% PDT
(43% combined) [46% combined with Refined grip +1] {51% with a -5% DT augment on the cape}

I'm waiting on a friend to HQ a signed belt. The recipe and we have a pretty solid feud going.
By no means is this meant as the end-all, be-all set. It is just another way to hybrid out of so many available options if turning the dial more towards -DT% than DPS.

Using -10% PDT on the cape means one could drop Herc altogether and use the far superior Adhemar Wristbands +1, for example.
The combinations really feel limitless to me.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-27 18:46:04  
Does One For All apply before or after MDT?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-27 20:36:16  
You know, I don't know if that's actually been tested.

But considering the precedent set by stoneskin, and the fact that magic shield is basically magic only SS... I'd suspect it MDT is applied first, then OFA reduces the remaining dmg.

But feel free to test. /curious.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Tinyattorney 2018-05-02 18:22:49  
Quick question that I haven't been able to find a quick answer for: Dye augment on tanking/enmity cape? My current augs are HP, Eva/M.Eva, Enmity.

Thanks,
-TA
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-02 19:55:08  
Odin.Tinyattorney said: »
Quick question that I haven't been able to find a quick answer for: Dye augment on tanking/enmity cape? My current augs are HP, Eva/M.Eva, Enmity

Dye? More Meva is the standard choice.

I was thinking about the new Resin slot at first... so instead of deleting what I already wrote, I'll also leave that down below :P

For Resin:
PDT-10% is pretty fantastic, and can really free up other slots for things like resist, parry, and more offensive oriented gear. I put that on a cape that had your exact same augs, it's my default tanking piece and I've been loving it.

Resist Status +10 is pretty cool too though. RUN made out like a bandit with this slot though, for my money the job that benefits the most from em. there are so many great possibilities.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-05-02 20:27:06  
If you haven't been following along in the resist testing thread you might give it a read before jumping on resist+10.

Key point here being that we have pretty good evidence now that resist+ gear potency is halved vs NMs. Although apparently resist+ from food isn't nerfed. Not completely certain about actual resist+ Traits yet.

This is far from final, and not all forms of resist+ have been tested in detail yet. But it's something to consider when deciding on your cape augments. That resist+10 might actually only be resist+5 on anything that matters.
[+]
By Sockfoot 2018-05-02 23:36:25  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
If you haven't been following along in the resist testing thread you might give it a read before jumping on resist+10.

Key point here being that we have pretty good evidence now that resist+ gear potency is halved vs NMs. Although apparently resist+ from food isn't nerfed. Not completely certain about actual resist+ Traits yet.

This is far from final, and not all forms of resist+ have been tested in detail yet. But it's something to consider when deciding on your cape augments. That resist+10 might actually only be resist+5 on anything that matters.
I've been following it, though I haven't seen what was updated today (if anything), but with this information (assuming correct), how would a flat 5% status resist compare with an additional 15 M.eva on a reasonably well-geared RUN? I know the answer depends on the monster check vs gear, so perhaps the answer is it would be better on a lower geared RUN and M.eva more valuable as your total M.eva rises?
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 ... 188 189 190